ive been hearing whispers that its not opening
untill 12!

Gingertosser
14-12-2010, 02:48 PM
11am :agree:

The Tubs
14-12-2010, 04:07 PM
11am :agree:

Have you spoken to them? Can anybody confirm this rumour?

I might offer them my Mum to work behind the bar if they're having trouble getting staff.

CRAZYHIBBY
14-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Apparently Hibs are giving away free hard hats with every ticket sale just incase it snows during the match

seanraff07
14-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Hope it's open earlier than 11am :pray:

CMac1988
14-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Apparently Hibs are giving away free hard hats with every ticket sale just incase it snows during the match

Everyone should take one along anyway... just incase. Would be a gd wee dig. :greengrin

.Sean.
14-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Hope it's open earlier than 11am :pray:
You're only 16, you'll not get in. They ID folk at the door.

Reckon i'll head to the Murrayfield Hotel again, it was very good before the last match we had at tynecastle.

bigstu
14-12-2010, 05:23 PM
the roseburn got a warning about failing to control the punters last pre derby, i hope the conduct of some hasnt spoilt it for us all

BigKev
14-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Definitely an 11 o'clock opening. What time is Murrayfield Hotel opening?

Chuck Rhoades
14-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Probably head along for 9am, prematch bevvy outside the Roseburn before it opens is usually popular to :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
14-12-2010, 05:48 PM
It has a 9am licence for a Saturday, so if they want to open at that time then they can.

seanraff07
14-12-2010, 05:54 PM

Reckon i'll head to the Murrayfield Hotel again, it was very good before the last match we had at tynecastle.

My mate was gonna us his brothers ID but do you think they'll ask me aswell even if he shows them ID? Do you mean good for atmosphere? Cause that's what i'm mainly bothered about.. and will i get in the Murrayfield Hotel no bother?

The Tubs
14-12-2010, 05:55 PM
It has a 9am licence for a Saturday, so if they want to open at that time then they can.

I just called them and they confirmed the 11 o'clock opening time. When asked the reason for this they responded that it was a management decision influenced by a request by the polis. BLOODY BIZZIES!!! RUIN EVERYBUGGER'S FUN!

Lmc2105
14-12-2010, 06:22 PM

Thats where we are all going seany boy!! PINT!!! yees please :thumbsup:

.Sean.
14-12-2010, 06:35 PM
My mate was gonna us his brothers ID but do you think they'll ask me aswell even if he shows them ID? Do you mean good for atmosphere? Cause that's what i'm mainly bothered about.. and will i get in the Murrayfield Hotel no bother?
They'll ID everybody who looks even young-ish. If you've ever been up town for a night out you'll know how strict they are on ID mate. If they ID your pal, they'll ID you aswell.

Thats where we are all going seany boy!! PINT!!! yees please :thumbsup:
It's a date buddy :greengrin

seanraff07
14-12-2010, 06:45 PM
They'll ID everybody who looks even young-ish. If you've ever been up town for a night out you'll know how strict they are on ID mate. If they ID your pal, they'll ID you aswell.

It's a date buddy :greengrin

Nae bother mate, cheers for the warning..

Do you think we'd get in the Murrayfield Hotel no problem?

.Sean.
14-12-2010, 06:49 PM

Don't think it'l be a problem. They didn't ID on the door last time, and they didn't seem to be ID'ing at the bar. The place is spacious, if you get in just ask somebody to get you a few pints.

Either that or get a fakey ID?

Removed
14-12-2010, 06:50 PM

What was that comment about you on the Inverness photo again :greengrin

seanraff07
14-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Don't think it'l be a problem. They didn't ID on the door last time, and they didn't seem to be ID'ing at the bar. The place is spacious, if you get in just ask somebody to get you a few pints.

Either that or get a fakey ID?

Right, well one of my mates going is gonna have ID so he can just go up for the pints.:greengrin

Is the atmosphere good pre-match do you know?

What was that comment about you on the Inverness photo again :greengrin

Haha, i highly doubt i'd be able to get in and get a pint without being questioned though, suppose the lord loves a tryer :greengrin

Keith_M
14-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Have you spoken to them? Can anybody confirm this rumour?

I might offer them my Mum to work behind the bar if they're having trouble getting staff.

I can understand you wanting employment, even if it is just bar work, but offering them your mother as a bribe! :bitchy:

hibee92
14-12-2010, 07:34 PM
I can understand you wanting employment, even if it is just bar work, but offering them your mother as a bribe! :bitchy:

:greengrin

bobo_currie
14-12-2010, 08:00 PM
cheers lads,so we are gonna have to find somewhere else
to go this visit to ***********.
heard that bowling club is ment to be alrite or i know
the harp and castle is open early in sunny leith walk

H18sry
14-12-2010, 08:10 PM
:whistle: I don't think a message board is the place to be bragging about under age drinking, when it is known that the police frequent the boards prior to big games :wink:

18/03/07
14-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Definitely an 11 o'clock opening. What time is Murrayfield Hotel opening?
Wonder how much cash the Roseburn will lose by opening at 11am instead of 9am

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Actually GUTTED it aint opening at 9, not wanting to sound too downhearted but at this moment in time The Roseburn is the only part of the day that I'm looking forward to...absolutely dreading the game tbh :bitchy:

bigstu
14-12-2010, 09:03 PM
pity some idiots have spoilt it!! I love the roseburn

Banff
14-12-2010, 09:09 PM
pity some idiots have spoilt it!! I love the roseburn

So you werent one of them singing ''pass him round'' then?

Sir David Gray
14-12-2010, 09:11 PM
I went to the Roseburn before the last game at Tynecastle but it was taking ages for the queue to go down so I headed along to the Murrayfield instead and I'm glad I did, I had a great time. Loads of folk outside having a bit of a sing song after a few drinks :agree:

In fact, I should have just stayed there because it was the best part of the whole day by a mile. :boo hoo:

steviecarnie
14-12-2010, 09:19 PM

that pass him round was me, and i had no choice in that tbh, disadvantage of being a short arse - however i spk to the staff and manager after the game and they found it funny.

LancashireHibby
14-12-2010, 10:14 PM
No need to worry about pub opening times when my first can will be cracked open at 8am on the train up. It's the future!

Skanko79
15-12-2010, 07:09 AM
bevvy early in leith then taxi over to castle greyskull.

Ritchie
15-12-2010, 08:02 AM
I went to the Roseburn before the last game at Tynecastle but it was taking ages for the queue to go down so I headed along to the Murrayfield instead and I'm glad I did, I had a great time. Loads of folk outside having a bit of a sing song after a few drinks :agree:

In fact, I should have just stayed there because it was the best part of the whole day by a mile. :boo hoo:

ive been in the murrayfield bar before a derby on two occassions.

both times the bar staff stopped serving if anyone started singing. :bitchy:

Since90+2
15-12-2010, 09:31 AM
What time does the Murrayfield hotel open?

.Sean.
15-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Myself and probably around ten mates are meeting outside the Roseburn, assuming the weather's fair we may even get a carry out and bevvy on the street. Pubs will be rammed.

Sir David Gray
15-12-2010, 10:27 AM

I can't comment on any other time as that was first time I had ever been there but they certainly didn't stop serving on that occasion as there were loads of people singing, especially outside where I was but inside as well, during our last visit to Tynecastle in March.

Skanko79
15-12-2010, 11:30 AM
roseburn is opening at 9am according to the guy i spoke to yesterday.

however, my mate said he phoned too and was told 11.

JimBHibees
15-12-2010, 11:56 AM
No need to worry about pub opening times when my first can will be cracked open at 8am on the train up. It's the future!

Signed G. Best 1968. :greengrin

bigstu
15-12-2010, 12:05 PM

it had nothing to do with that, there was an assault in the toilets and a fight in the main bar

Kojock
15-12-2010, 12:11 PM

Thats the Murrayfield BAR. It no longer opens pre match.

The Murrayfield HOTEL is where you can stand outside. It also has a huge lounge where you can sing and dance till your hearts content. :agree:

Ritchie
15-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Thats the Murrayfield BAR. It no longer opens pre match.

The Murrayfield HOTEL is where you can stand outside. It also has a huge lounge where you can sing and dance till your hearts content. :agree:

ahhhh.... my mistake! :greengrin

Ritchie
15-12-2010, 12:15 PM

what was wrong with that like?? :confused:

it was my mate that started the whole "pass it round" thing and it was all taken as good banter!

the bar staff were all laughing at it!

Pretty Boy
15-12-2010, 12:15 PM

:agree:

I've always preffered the Murrayfield Hotel.

The Roseburn is always packed, it takes ages to get a pint and queing up for ages to get in before a match isn't my idea of fun.

The Murrayfield you can pretty much walk straight in, get served reasonably quickly and theres always plenty singing, banter etc to keep you amused.

Sir David Gray
15-12-2010, 01:10 PM
:agree:

I've always preffered the Murrayfield Hotel.

The Roseburn is always packed, it takes ages to get a pint and queing up for ages to get in before a match isn't my idea of fun.

The Murrayfield you can pretty much walk straight in, get served reasonably quickly and theres always plenty singing, banter etc to keep you amused.

I don't know what it's like inside as I've never made it in there but it looks as if it is packed as you can see everybody jammed up against the windows. As you say, that's not really my idea of fun and I can imagine that it must be a nightmare trying to get served.

The last match was in March so it wasn't too cold standing in the queue, but I would think that it'll be freezing for this one so I don't fancy standing outside for about an hour when it's about -5C.

When we went to the Murrayfield, we just bought about 5 or 6 bottles at a time and we only needed to go up another once or twice after that. :greengrin

Not sure I'll be sitting outside this time, though! :snowman

hailhail22
15-12-2010, 03:37 PM
was talking to one of ma friends who works in the roseburn and he was saying that there not letting in as many people as usuall :s what time does the murrayfield hotel open at ?

HibeeSince85
15-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Well thats ****, Murrayfield Hotel it will have to be then and hopefully manage to get into the Roseburn for a few when it opens.

Miller33
15-12-2010, 05:10 PM
'Pass him round' was one of the most memorable things thats happened in the Roseburn before a derby.

Gutted that its not opening til 11 but im sure we can have as much banter at the Murrayfield Hotel, can anybody confirm that its opening at 9am?

Since90+2
15-12-2010, 05:28 PM
A couple of times myself and my kids have gone to the Tynecastle Arms? The bar on the corner of Gorgie Rd and McLeod St..

Something tells me a large group of Hibees woudnt be that welcome on derby day :wink:

Frazerbob
15-12-2010, 06:03 PM
the roseburn got a warning about failing to control the punters last pre derby, i hope the conduct of some hasnt spoilt it for us all

This doesn't surprise. Some of the behaviour in and around the Roseburn is a disgrace. Last time I saw hibs fans abuse, spit on and punch random Hearts fans who had the misfortune to be walking to the game past the pub. Some even had kids with them. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Hibs fans get the same treatment when walking past middletons when Hearts are in town but to me it goes past banter some times.

The Roseburn used to be a great laugh on Derby Day but the last few years it has got more and more out on control IMO. The last couple of years we've been going to the Murrayfield bar or hotel. Of course, maybe I'm just getting old!!

Removed
15-12-2010, 06:03 PM
True.. But if you keep your mouths shut you can have a couple of beers and a thirty second walk to our stand..I've only done it two or three times and it was fine :agree:

I couldn't keep my mouth shut. You'd have to be really desperate for a drink or mentally deranged to go into a yam pub on derby day

Frazerbob
15-12-2010, 06:10 PM
I couldn't keep my mouth shut. You'd have to be really desperate for a drink or mentally deranged to go into a yam pub on derby day

It was run by a couple of Hibs fans until very recently.

.Sean.
15-12-2010, 06:58 PM
A couple of times myself and my kids have gone to the Tynecastle Arms? The bar on the corner of Gorgie Rd and McLeod St..
A Hibby in there on Derby Day? Hibs.net never ceases to amaze me :dizzy:

Scouse Hibee
16-12-2010, 09:16 AM
cheers lads,so we are gonna have to find somewhere else

to go this visit to ***********.
heard that bowling club is ment to be alrite or i know
the harp and castle is open early in sunny leith walk

Which bowling club? The Caledonian Bowling Club on Russell Road has recently gone bust and closed or do you mean Beechwood BC on Roseburn Street.

TamHibs
16-12-2010, 09:44 AM
The Beechwood BC is a nice wee place to go before the game but you either have to be a member or know a member who can sign you in. That's where we normally go but think it will be The Murrayfield Hotel for pre match drinks this time around.

Banff
16-12-2010, 07:14 PM
what was wrong with that like?? :confused:

it was my mate that started the whole "pass it round" thing and it was all taken as good banter!

the bar staff were all laughing at it!

Theres absolutely NOTHING wrong with that, I thought it was great. I was making a point to another poster as I thought that was what he was getting at.

bigstu......sorry.

bigstu
16-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Theres absolutely NOTHING wrong with that, I thought it was great. I was making a point to another poster as I thought that was what he was getting at.

bigstu......sorry.

no probs Banffy

Ed De Gramo
16-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Its like an AA meeting on this thread :greengrin

The Roseburn has got worse and I can't be @rsed standing outside the pub for 50 minutes to get a drink (unless I get there at half 7 in the morning) anymore. Usually just go to a mates house and have a few cans there.

hibbie02
16-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Its like an AA meeting on this thread :greengrin

The Roseburn has got worse and I can't be @rsed standing outside the pub for 50 minutes to get a drink (unless I get there at half 7 in the morning) anymore. Usually just go to a mates house and have a few cans there.

For once Morag you are talking sense! :agree:

allezsauzee
17-12-2010, 04:49 PM
I wonder if Luis Figo's twin will be working in the Roseburn this time?

SneakersO'Toole
17-12-2010, 05:41 PM
I heading there now so will so try persuade them to open early. There are 15 of us so it will only be one round if they say no.

Banff
17-12-2010, 09:29 PM

Trains on New Years Day?

LancashireHibby
17-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Trains on New Years Day?

Better service than on a normal Saturday when coming from down here!

Sir David Gray
18-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Trains on New Years Day?

There's no Scotrail trains running on New Year's Day. The only trains leaving from/going to Scottish stations on New Year's Day are leaving from/going to stations outwith Scotland.