PDA

View Full Version : UK League Reconstruction

Hakim Sar
14-12-2010, 02:08 PM
What about a Gaelic League with a Tier 1 and a Tier 2 with Hibs Hearts Rangers Celtic Aberdeen and Dundee Utd going into Tier 1 with the likes of Derry City, Shamrock Rovers Glentoran and the like

with the rest going into a Tier 2

We could sign a deal with Setanta.... oh wait.....
:grr:

??????

CB_NO3
14-12-2010, 02:41 PM
I believe Setanta is still successful in Ireland and is making a profit so it could work. Cant imagine the Huns playing in Dublin going down to well with the locals though. :wink:

007 Mickey Weir
14-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Not sure they would add anything to our league except expense. I would understand if it was part of a regional UK league including England.

UK Premiership 1 - 20 Teams
UK Premiership 2 - 20 Teams
Championship 1 - 20 Teams

Then 3 Regional leagues
South East - 20 Teams
South West - 20 Teams
North - 20 Teams (This league including Scottish & Irish teams along with northern English teams.

If you take all the english teams EPL to League 2 plus 16 teams from Scotland (12)& N.Ireland(4). Thats us.

The 3 regional leagues would feed into the Championship.

It could even expand into a 2nd regional tier in each area if needed.

It'll never happen though.

Hakim Sar
14-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Good idea i suppose. The maths works.

Would love to see der hun playing in dublin or the victims playing in Belfast. For me it's the only interesting alternative.

Would love an away day to shamrock or have a cup final between a Scottish and Irish team. Would be something to get the two nations buzzing.

NAE NOOKIE
14-12-2010, 05:19 PM
We could look at some sort of joint venture with Ireland, even if its a Celtic League Cup made up of groups of 4 ........ 2 Scottish & 2 Irish teams per group.

It would fill the missing fixtures from a 16 team SPL and generate a bit of variety.

I am not the only one on here who thinks this is a good idea, somebody else posted this idea a few days ago.

I have also solved the old firms problem of the 2 missing OF derbies. They could play 2 extra league fixtures every season against each other in which neither team can gain 3 points ( that would be unfair on the other 14 clubs ) but in which the losing team loses 3 points, no draws allowed, it goes to penalties if a draw after 90 minutes. Goals lost or scored do not count in their league goal difference.

Its bloody BRILLIANT I tells ya.

:greengrin

1two
15-12-2010, 05:52 AM
We could look at some sort of joint venture with Ireland, even if its a Celtic League Cup made up of groups of 4 ........ 2 Scottish & 2 Irish teams per group.

It would fill the missing fixtures from a 16 team SPL and generate a bit of variety.

I am not the only one on here who thinks this is a good idea, somebody else posted this idea a few days ago.

I have also solved the old firms problem of the 2 missing OF derbies. They could play 2 extra league fixtures every season against each other in which neither team can gain 3 points ( that would be unfair on the other 14 clubs ) but in which the losing team loses 3 points, no draws allowed, it goes to penalties if a draw after 90 minutes. Goals lost or scored do not count in their league goal difference.

Its bloody BRILLIANT I tells ya.

:greengrin

The league itself seems a not to bad and interesting idea, but the Celtic rangers extra game is the sort of thing the spl would dream up! Sadly the spl and interesting don't go!

IWasThere2016
15-12-2010, 06:09 AM
The league itself seems a not to bad and interesting idea, but the Celtic rangers extra game is the sort of thing the spl would dream up! Sadly the spl and interesting don't go!

:agree: and when was the SPL last interesting?!? :grr:

Skanko79
15-12-2010, 07:11 AM
What about a Gaelic League with a Tier 1 and a Tier 2 with Hibs Hearts Rangers Celtic Aberdeen and Dundee Utd going into Tier 1 with the likes of Derry City, Shamrock Rovers Glentoran and the like

with the rest going into a Tier 2

We could sign a deal with Setanta.... oh wait.....
:grr:

??????

would never work.

and im pretty sure the likes of motherwell and killie who are currently above us in the league would have something to say about us being in tier 1 when they are obviously better sides so far this season.

Leicester Fan
16-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Not sure they would add anything to our league except expense. I would understand if it was part of a regional UK league including England.

UK Premiership 1 - 20 Teams
UK Premiership 2 - 20 Teams
Championship 1 - 20 Teams

Then 3 Regional leagues
South East - 20 Teams
South West - 20 Teams
North - 20 Teams (This league including Scottish & Irish teams along with northern English teams.

If you take all the english teams EPL to League 2 plus 16 teams from Scotland (12)& N.Ireland(4). Thats us.

The 3 regional leagues would feed into the Championship.

It could even expand into a 2nd regional tier in each area if needed.

It'll never happen though.

No offence but English football doesn't need Scottish teams. The big teams already sell out every week and if Rangers and Celtic came in it would just take the places in the PL from medium sized teams like mine.The TV money would just be spread thinner. Not going to happen.

Phil D. Rolls
16-12-2010, 03:43 PM
I think the OF playing Irish teams is the last thing anyone on these islands wants. It's bad enough they inflict their 17th century politics on us.

Ritchie
16-12-2010, 03:44 PM
I think Rangers & Celtic should set up their own 2 team league and play each other 36 times a season.

Thats all they are bothered about... how many times they get to play each other so let them have what they want.

that would leave the rest of us to set up a competitive 2 18 team league system.

The clubs may feel the loss of not having the infirm visiting for the first couple of seasons but when people start to realise that the new set up is exciting and that its no longer a 2 horse race, they will flock back to their local teams and the whole Scottish Game will benefit.

best idea ever! :agree:

Saorsa
16-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I think Rangers & Celtic should set up their own 2 team league and play each other 36 times a season.

Thats all they are bothered about... how many times they get to play each other so let them have what they want.

that would leave the rest of us to set up a competitive 2 18 team league system.

The clubs may feel the loss of not having the infirm visiting for the first couple of seasons but when people start to realise that the new set up is exciting and that its no longer a 2 horse race, they will flock back to their local teams and the whole Scottish Game will benefit.

best idea ever! :agree::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'd love a league without that **** in it