PDA

View Full Version : Do you 'support' another team?

Pretty Boy
14-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Following on from the Barcelona thread yesterday, does anyone else on here 'support' or follow the results of another team habitually?

For me i would say i'm only really a Hibs supporter but i do have a pretty strong interest in the goings on at Barcelona, i go over to see them at least twice a season and check the website and a few fans sites every day. In general i find football more enjoyable if you are supporting a team, i tend to have a favourite team in each of the big leagues around Europe. Fiorentina in Italy, Marseille in France, Barca in Spain, Werder Bremen in Germany, Sporting Lisbon in Portugal and i used to enjoy watching Man Utd in England but find i know longer enjoy the way they play a lot of the time. Even in other sports i tend to pick favourites; My American football teams is the Miami Dolphins, i always want the New Zealand cricket team to win and i like Leicester when it comes to egg chasing.

I know there are a few people quite vocal about their 'support' for Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal on here but surely i can't be the only one who still picks teams and wants them to win.

Albanian Hibs
14-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Other football team - Newcastle

Baseball team - Toronto Blue Jays

supershotmo
14-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Hibs are obviously my team but for TV viewing here are my following.

EPL - Chelsea
German - Werder Bremen
Spanish - Seville
Italian - Inter

_hucks_
14-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Can't help but keep an eye out for Liverpool given that I have quite a few red mates who follow the cabbage now.
I've also got some family down in Oxford, been along to a few Oxford Utd games so they're my lower league team so to speak.

dangermouse
14-12-2010, 10:45 AM
The Hibees I would walk along the M8 on broken glass to see (that rings a bell). On TV I like watching Arsenal for the way they play (although they were pretty poor last night) but my "other team" are Nottingham Forest.

SteveHFC
14-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Support - Liverpool

I look out for results for Nottingham Forest.

offshorehibby
14-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Leeds Utd are about the only other team follow

Sylar
14-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Football is probably my 5th favourite sport, so any connections I have with teams are loose.

The only teams I "support" are mostly based in American sports (New England, Michigan, Detroit Tigers, Redwings...)

In terms of football, I enjoy watching Hibs, I keep my eyes open for the Livingston scores (went with my dad since I was around 10) and love watching Barcelona on the tele-box :agree:

.Sean.
14-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Hibs for me. Couldn't give a toss about 'supporting' an EPL side. In my opinion, folk up here who 'follow' Man U, Chelsea or Liverpool are pretty sad. There are plenty other, more local clubs who you could actively follow. There are exceptions of course, as you do get people up here who do go and watch their English team - I know a few guys from Haddy with season tickets for Newcastle, my uncle is a Hibs ST holder but attends West Ham games when he can and HibeeMcGinn pops down to Old Trafford a couple times a season.

I think it's pointless attatching yourself to a massive English club if you're never gonna watch them play. It's nearly as bad as the hundreds of thousands of OF gloryhunters in this country who have no intention of going to a game.

Iain G
14-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Yes, actively supporting Wellington Phoenix, well they are my local team these days, and when so far away from Easter Road I need my football fix :thumbsup:

Beefster
14-12-2010, 10:54 AM
I keep an eye out for Florida Marlins scores as I've seen them live a couple of times and like to see Arsenal win purely because the missus is a life-long supporter and ex-ST holder so I've been to see them a few times and it makes my life easier if they win.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-12-2010, 10:55 AM
England...Man Utd and Torquay Utd (don't ask!)

France....St Etienne

Italy....Inter

Spain....Barca

Germany....Werder Bremem

Brazil.....Palmerias

mikey1875
14-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I support Arsenal.

because its like watching Hibs if i was blind, deaf and so on....

:wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-12-2010, 11:03 AM
West Ham for me, footy hasnae been much fun recently!

Jack
14-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Football is a funny thing. I suppose like others I’ve chosen clubs and stuck with them.

My family were never into football, I chose Hibs.

Through Spanish connections in the late 80s I had to make the choice between Deportivo La Coruna (2nd Division), Atletico Madrid or Real Madrid. I chose Real, who weren’t particularly brilliant at the time.

I don’t much care for any other club in any league.

My other following is Formula 1. In the early 80s I became a friend of an Irish driver, David Kennedy, who at the time was driving in a European GP series [Aurora GP series]. I went to the races held in the UK. He went on to drive in 6 full blown GPs and then back to various forms of racing around the world.

Perhaps because of this I follow drivers in F1 rather than teams. Of course every F1 follower has something to say about Ferrari and although I like/respect the personnel throughout Ferrari I just dinny like the team, thankfully none of my drivers have ever driven for them so ‘that’ choice has yet to present itself.

Keith_M
14-12-2010, 11:05 AM
I keep an eye out for the Dynamo Dresden score, because that's where the missus is from and I've been to see them. I can't say I actually 'support' them though.

Having been to see a few other teams abroad, I don't really get the feeling of actually caring too much if they lose. Not like when I go to watch Hibs.

darwenhibby
14-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Only one team for me and thats Hibs.

Could not even contemplate supporting anyone else:wink::devil:

M11BMO
14-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Not that I go out of my way to see the results but I do have a favourite teams from foreign leagues.

French team is Monaco - John Collins connection.
Italian team is Inter
Spanish team is Real
English team is Man Utd due to my Grandads love for Sir Alex. Although I do have a soft spot for Newcastle due to going to a few of their games over the years.

Joe Baker II
Following on from the Barcelona thread yesterday, does anyone else on here 'support' or follow the results of another team habitually?

For me i would say i'm only really a Hibs supporter but i do have a pretty strong interest in the goings on at Barcelona, i go over to see them at least twice a season and check the website and a few fans sites every day. In general i find football more enjoyable if you are supporting a team, i tend to have a favourite team in each of the big leagues around Europe. Fiorentina in Italy, Marseille in France, Barca in Spain, Werder Bremen in Germany, Sporting Lisbon in Portugal and i used to enjoy watching Man Utd in England but find i know longer enjoy the way they play a lot of the time. Even in other sports i tend to pick favourites; My American football teams is the Miami Dolphins, i always want the New Zealand cricket team to win and i like Leicester when it comes to egg chasing.

I know there are a few people quite vocal about their 'support' for Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal on here but surely i can't be the only one who still picks teams and wants them to win.

Disappointing any Hibs fan has any time for this club. Barcelona are the club in Europe I hate above all others (except possibly Chelsea): hypocrites in wallowing in a history of repression (though I do not dispute this happened in Catalonia) at the same time that they were members of the G14 and therefore played leading role in making European Cup later stages the virtually exclusive preserve of the bigger European leagues. Not mad on Real Madrid either but at least they do not have the same sanctimonious hypocrisy of Barcelona fans.

And a bunch of sore losers against Hibs in 1961! But as per above they got revenge by doing their best to prevent clubs like Hibs having any chance of doing the same again

blackpoolhibs

:tee hee:

yekimevol
14-12-2010, 11:19 AM
club football hibs will allways be number one.
but somehow when i was a kid i ended up having a two other teams, man city (still trying to figure out how that one came about but did). also whist my friends were watching the english and spanish leagues i for no known reason prefered to watch the italian leagues and supported juventus.

LancashireHibby
14-12-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm a board member at Leigh Genesis in the Evo-Stik (formerly UniBond) League, so I guess you could say I support them.

I used to have a season ticket at Bolton and even when I gave that up I'd go to 15-20 games a season, but I'm more of an armchair fan these days and actually go to Hibs games more than I do BWFC (6 Hibs games last year, two Bolton - three Hibs games so far this season and no BWFC!)

Probably prefer to watch rugby league over football though and only missed two Leigh Centurions games in the three past seasons, one because of work and the other because of the volcanic ash cloud when we had a game in the south of France (only two weeks after I'd been to see us play a league game in Toulouse) :grr:

givescotlandfreedom
14-12-2010, 11:36 AM
I "support' Cologne. Lived not too far from there for a year and got given a season ticket by a mate for half a season. Went back recently and really enjoyed it despite them getting humped. Awlays watch them on telly when I can and am also helped by having a good friend who took a shine to Hibs when visiting Edinburgh who's a Cologne fan. We used to watch Hibs games in an Irish pub in Cologne and got on from then.

Cabbage East
14-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Only room for one team in my life.

Hibercelona
14-12-2010, 11:44 AM
"Supporting" a club requires you to "support" them. Like giving them money for example! :grr:

You aren't supporting a club simply by "looking out for their results". :bitchy:

For me... I also support Dunfermline, as I go to their home games when Hibs aren't playing at home.

CallumLaidlaw
14-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Other team - everton. Try to see them couple of times a season, watch all their tv games.

Keep an eye out for Crewe Alex results as I used to live there.

Same with borussia Dortmund as we had a lads trip over to see them a couple of years ago, so bought the scarves, pendants, etc

Antifa Hibs
14-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Look out for Man U results at HT/FT, and thats just to ensure Chelsea and City aren't top of the league. Couldn't give a **** about their results, wouldn't go to a game or buy any of their merch.

Losing interest in English fitba by the week. Taking a more keen interest in the Bundesliga these days :cool2:

As I asked in another thread, is someone in Edinburgh wearing a Man U and Liverpool strip any better or worse than some**** wearing a OF top?

Lofarl
14-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Not one of you said Hibernians from Malta. Call yourself Hibees eh?

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-12-2010, 11:59 AM
I look out for Luton Town results due to family in Milton Keynes. Been down there since the Dons moved in, and their stadium and facilities are superb but can't get behind them at all.

Frazerbob
14-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Like a few others, I have favourite teams in other countries. I've travelled a lot in Europe and tend to buy a t-shirt/scarf/strip etc for the local team from the towns I visit and usually take a trip to see their stadium if there's no game on or try to get to the game if there is.

The one team I have a lot of respect for is St Pauli in Hamburg. The ethos of the club and fans is an example to everyone. It's just a pity they have such strong links with the lesser greens. When they play, I'd estimate around 10% of their fans have Celtc tops/scarfs/hats on. They even sell Celtc merch in the club shop. Gives me the boak!!!

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2010, 12:15 PM
I have taken a bigger interest in Blackpool than i thought i would. Must be something to do with them being in the premiership i suppose. Although I'd never go there if Hibs were playing on the same day.

Gettin' Auld
14-12-2010, 12:27 PM
I support Arsenal.

because its like watching Hibs if i was blind, deaf and so on....

Or if you had a black & white TV.
:agree:

HibbyScott
14-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Football is a funny thing. I suppose like others I’ve chosen clubs and stuck with them.

My family were never into football, I chose Hibs.

Through Spanish connections in the late 80s I had to make the choice between Deportivo La Coruna (2nd Division), Atletico Madrid or Real Madrid. I chose Real, who weren’t particularly brilliant at the time.

I don’t much care for any other club in any league.

My other following is Formula 1. In the early 80s I became a friend of an Irish driver, David Kennedy, who at the time was driving in a European GP series [Aurora GP series]. I went to the races held in the UK. He went on to drive in 6 full blown GPs and then back to various forms of racing around the world.

Perhaps because of this I follow drivers in F1 rather than teams. Of course every F1 follower has something to say about Ferrari and although I like/respect the personnel throughout Ferrari I just dinny like the team, thankfully none of my drivers have ever driven for them so ‘that’ choice has yet to present itself.

That happened with me. Really liked Raikkonen when he was at McLaren...and then he moved to Ferrari...Treated it the same way that most people did when KT moved to Rangers... :greengrin

Ken
14-12-2010, 12:31 PM
My other teams are:

Chelsea
Inter Milan
Barcelona
Spain

Championees championees oh way oh way oh way.

Only kidding :greengrin

I used to be a fan of Leeds but lost interest when they overspent to try to compete for the premiership and champs league.

I want to start supporting another EPL team but don't know who to pick. I'm thinking a lucky dip out of the 20 teams could be on the cards.

I love watching Barcelona games too.

mim
14-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I have a strong afinity with East Fife, QPR and 1860 in Germany.
That's yer lot. :wink:

Barman Stanton
14-12-2010, 12:35 PM
My English team is Brentford. Other than that I tend to just follow teams that play in green! St Ettiene, Werder Bremen etc.

lyonhibs
14-12-2010, 12:36 PM
My favourite team down south is Arsenal, by quite a distance. The only other team I'd consider going to see on a regular basis, if tickets weren't so damn hard to come by.

When I'm travelling I try to get to - at least - the stadium, if not a game, of a local team.

Consequentially, I've been to games at the Nou Camp, Stade Gerland and Bohemians in Dublin. I've had a soft spot for Barca since I went to their stadium - aged 7 -, was absolutely astounded by the scale of it and got a knock-off Koeman shirt from a stall outside :greengrin

In terms of supporting in the true sense of the word, only Hibs.

scoopyboy
14-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Tranent Juniors.

degenerated
14-12-2010, 12:43 PM
hibs first and foremost, they are the only club i support. however, i do like St Pauli and Bohemians 1905 of Prague - although i wouldn't go as far as to say i'm a supporter.

Call me a glory hunter if you will :greengrin

soproni1
14-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Any team from Philadelphia - 76ers especially

Also have a liking for Liverpool outside of Hibs

hibby19
14-12-2010, 12:47 PM
I would say I only support Hibs, as in take an active interest in what is going on with the club, players, results etc
But I do keep an eye on the results of Raith as my cousin ppays fornthem so I like to see how they are getting on.

jakki
14-12-2010, 01:21 PM
I "support' Cologne. Lived not too far from there for a year and got given a season ticket by a mate for half a season. Went back recently and really enjoyed it despite them getting humped. Awlays watch them on telly when I can and am also helped by having a good friend who took a shine to Hibs when visiting Edinburgh who's a Cologne fan. We used to watch Hibs games in an Irish pub in Cologne and got on from then.

I supported Cologne when I lived there. I got into the games as a student by showing my Hibernian Programme Sellers pass!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
14-12-2010, 01:30 PM
my teams in order

Hibs
Hibs U-19
Hibs Woman

:cool2:

Purehibee_MYB
14-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Not one of you said Hibernians from Malta. Call yourself Hibees eh?

I have them listed as my 3rd team behind Hibernian and Hibs on Facebook :wink:

But I do like to see Arsenal win mainly due to the football they play and I loved Henry and Wiltord etc when they were around, wouldn't say I follow or support them...its stressful enough being a hibs fan... I also like Ebbsfleet Utd. but there is absolutely no reason for that.

JE89
14-12-2010, 01:41 PM
No. Saying Hibs lost but [insert team] won so its not all bad takes away the emotions from being a Hibs fan.

Also I feel the majority are born into supporting a team and choosing random (usually succesful) teams is quite fradulent.

:expecting abuse smiley:

Thecat23
14-12-2010, 01:48 PM
The only other team i like are West Ham. Hoping to get down soon to see them play before we drop!! Other than that no, But Hibs are and always will be my No.1 team. :agree:

Keith_M
14-12-2010, 02:17 PM
"Supporting" a club requires you to "support" them. Like giving them money for example! :grr:

You aren't supporting a club simply by "looking out for their results". :bitchy:

For me... I also support Dunfermline, as I go to their home games when Hibs aren't playing at home.

Is it your time of the month or something?

Sir David Gray
14-12-2010, 02:35 PM
The only team I support is Hibs.

I like Man Utd and like to see them win titles and cups but if they lose, I'm pretty much over it within a couple of hours. I would like to go to Old Trafford some time to watch a game but I would never go if Hibs were playing on the same day. I would rather watch Hibs play East Fife in a League Cup third round match than a Man Utd v Chelsea title decider.

StevieC
14-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Is it your time of the month or something?

Probably, but he does have a point.

The title of the thread highlighted "support".

I could pick at least a dozen teams I "like" and/or look out for their results ..

.. but I only "support" two.

Houchy
14-12-2010, 02:53 PM
SFL: East Fife as my grandad supported them and I played for them twice under the raving mad Jimmy Bone:greengrin
EPL: Chelsea as I was friends with franco Zola and Luca Vialli.
MLB: Baltimore Orioles after going to a few games while on holiday and loved it.
Internationally: ABE!!!:agree::greengrin

mixuok
14-12-2010, 03:46 PM

hibs obviously have a soft spot for sunderland :bye:

Sylar
14-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Liverpool, Barc and Inter for me...Baseball The Yankees, Have a soft spot for the Green Bay Packers only because of that incredible motivational coach they had a few years back when they won the title against all the odds. Can't remember his name. Was caught between a rock and a hard place when Liverpool had Baca in the champion's league two or three years back....My natural feelings though were for Liverpool... Just!

Ugh...

If you hadn't mentioned the Packers, I'd be labelling you the most obvious glory hunter on this thread.

Having said that, you're a Liverpool fan too, so you cover your own back, as they're pish :agree:

Scouse Hibee
14-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Swapped my Liverpool ST :boo hoo: for a Hibs one when I moved here in 92.

And here's the story as told to the Jambo's........................

Taken to Tynecastle by Hibee supporting brother in law to be as I was desperate to see some football whilst in Edinburgh early in 1990. WTF! What a dump of a place and a crap team said I.

On next visit went to ER to watch the mighty Hibees and thought wow this is just like watching Liverpool :wink:.

Moved to Edinburgh in 92, ST for ER and the rest is history.

Or at least that's how I prefer to remember it! :greengrin

one day maybe...
14-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Spurs and have done since Villa & Ardilles days..

Only other team i like to see win these days is Fraserburgh in the highland league..

essexhibee
14-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Had a season ticket for three years at West Ham FC and a one for a season at Southend United FC when they were in the championship (2006/2007).

Never the same for my love of Hibs however. Could walk away from a game against Colchester and lose feeling annoyed for a few hours but then shrugging it off. Losing to Hearts though is totally different feeling that couldnt be shrugged off and would put me in a mood till the wednesday of the following week.

Follow yes. Support? The famous green and white, theres no more room for another team in my blood and in my heart... HAIL HAIL. :notworthy:

scott7_0(Prague)
14-12-2010, 04:16 PM

I also support Sparta Praha and I am a fan of Liverpool.

we are hibs
14-12-2010, 04:18 PM

i support
sfl- raith rovers ( my nephew plays for them)

la liga - barcelona

Tha Cabbage Kid
14-12-2010, 04:23 PM
middlesbrough
legia warsaw

lEXO
14-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Used to have a soft spot for Liverpool from the 70,s onwards. Now have no more than a passing interest in their results.Have more of an interest in Spartans as the were my local team.Still go and see them or Craigroyston now and again as i cannae afford many away games. Well priced and old school football.

iwasthere1972
14-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Liverpool, Everton and The Arsenal.

I have a tendancy to want teams in England with Scottish managers to win with the exception of Sir Alex at Man U and GS at Boro'.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Bohemians 1905 of Prague - although i wouldn't go as far as to say i'm a supporter.
Was at the last game at their old stadium v Kladno. Magic, even tho it was 0-0!

scunnyhibs
14-12-2010, 04:38 PM
The Iron..... the one and only mighty Scunthorpe United!

Haymaker
14-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I follow West Ham down here, mainly because I have alot of friends who are hammers who knew next to nothing about Scottish football (but now follow the Cabs), so I looked out for them and now follow them. Wish I could get to more games though, the only upside in them being relegated is I may get to watch them play here in Southampton next season!

I "keep an eye" on a few other teams down here too, wouldnt say I support them but I look out for Bristol City (been to a few games, great experience), Fulham (used to go to their games back in League 1/Championship) and Mansfield town (Brother supports them for some reason?).

Outside of the UK I follow a team in most of the big leagues.

France: Monaco
Germany: Bayern (went to Bayern-Schalke a couple years back, amazing!)
Spain: Barcelona (because I loved Ronaldo when I was young)
Italy: AC Milan (Maldini was always the player I "was" during kick arounds)

Follow Bohemians 1905 of Prague too, I go to prague every summer (last 7 years! And have played at the national stadium) but miss the games, hope to go out next year to catch a game.

None of them are close to my love of Hibs though.

In addition to Football I follow NFL and am a New England Patriots fan. Saw them at Wembley last year and hoping to be in Foxboro for the start of the season next year. I also follow the Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics in Baseball, Hockey and Basketball respectively.

McHibby
14-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I like Spurs, I've followed them since I was a teenager (shallow female alert) and I had a crush on Ian Walker. However, I LOVE Hibs. I cannae imagine ever going into a three-day mood because Tottenham got beat in a derby.

suavegav
14-12-2010, 04:51 PM

Hibs first and foremost, couldnt live without them.

But ive been over to Valencia a few times and attended a few games at the Mestalla, great stadium, great team and magic fans. So its Valencia for me, if i had to name another team.

Calvin
14-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Arsenal are my second team - got a ticket for the Arsenal v Manchester City game this morning which I'm really looking forward to! I'm a Fulham member too but this year I've been luckier in procuring Arsenal tickets although I still go to 2-3 Fulham games a year.

I always make sure I catch an Olympiacos match when I'm in Greece too, it's just unreal atmospherically.

Dunbar Hibee
14-12-2010, 05:07 PM
West Ham.

deeks01
14-12-2010, 05:32 PM
In regards to the epl I generally pick a different team each year that are good to watch , last year it was fulham this year its tottenham although I'd like to get to a Neecastle game before seasons end as I love the magpie fans! :greengrin:

As for abroad eintracht frankfurt and barca , hopefully get to a few games each next season!

NAE NOOKIE
14-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Only the mighty Hibees.

But I tend to pick teams in other sports just so I can pretend an interest.

Torquay Utd ... Coz years ago they seemed to play on a Friday night ?

Everton ... My brother lives in Crosby and I've been to Goodison and will go again. I cant bloody stand Liverpool.

1860 Munich .... Coz it must be murder for their fans having Bayern in the same city.

Atletico Madrid ... See above.

Fiorentina ... The only city in Italy without a Juventus supporters club, I've been told.

Salford ( Rugby League ) Fav team in the BBC2 Floodlit league decades ago.

Jets in American football and Mets in Baseball .. Coz as far as I can see they are the poor relations to the Giants and the Yankees.

Basketball ....... A waste of air pumping the ball up .. I really cant see what all the fuss is about.

Edinburgh Capitals in Ice Hockey ... Coz they play in Edinburgh. Though I've never been to Ice Hockey in my life.

But the truth is I couldn care less if any of them lose. Unlike the Hibs.

ginger_rice
14-12-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm a board member at Leigh Genesis in the Evo-Stik (formerly UniBond) League, so I guess you could say I support them.

:

Sounds like you're STUCK with them. :greengrin

seanraff07
14-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Newcastle, local enough so i can make the odd game when Hibs aren't playing and their on tv all the time so i watch more than half their games.:agree:

ginger_rice
14-12-2010, 06:02 PM
My other team is Plymouth Argyle although I've not managed to see them for a few years.

PISTOL1875
14-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Apart from the Hibs my teams are ::

Manchester City , Barcelona and Lazio...

Removed
14-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Short answer from me. No

Ireallywasthere
14-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Spurs this season because they have been a joy to watch in the Champions league, Everton because of Moyes.
Barca because I've seen them a few times.
I can't say I have any love for the German or Italian teams, probaly because I blame them for all the diving and playacting that goes on nowadays. I know other teams do it but they always seemed the worst to me. Time wasting cheating gits

iwasthere1972
14-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Spurs this season because they have been a joy to watch in the Champions league, Everton because of Moyes.
Barca because I've seen them a few times.
I can't say I have any love for the German or Italian teams, probaly because I blame them for all the diving and playacting that goes on nowadays. I know other teams do it but they always seemed the worst to me. Time wasting cheating gits

So was I. :greengrin

Ireallywasthere
14-12-2010, 06:56 PM
So was I. :greengrin

well that's two of the crowd accounted for...

Diclonius
14-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Newcastle are my second team, never been able to get to one of their games but I plan to at some point. Also look out for Inter's results.

I have a few other teams in the European leagues:

France: Marseille (went to one of their games when I was in France, magic atmosphere)
Spain: Real Betis
Germany: Borussia Dortmund
Austria: Rapid Wien (my Austrian cousins support em)
Portugal: Porto
Poland: Odra Opole

hibee4life1983
14-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Im a 'fan' of arsenal, but the hibs are the only team i support, i dont support scotland either, but i watch and hope they win.

pedrohibs
14-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Scotland-Hibernian FC
Poland- Slask Wroclaw
Spain- Betis Sevill

CmoantheHibs
14-12-2010, 08:02 PM
I have favourites in most leagues and when watching a game I like to pick a team just to give it a bit more interest.I also go to watch Chiang Mai Tigers which may develop into a love affair but I would quite gladly concede defeat in any other game as long as the Hibs win.

nonshinyfinish
14-12-2010, 08:25 PM
The only team I support is Hibs, there are other clubs that I have a vague interest in, but only Hibs can make me miserable.

I half-heartedly follow Hertha Berlin (my better half's team), apart from that I like clubs that tend to play good football - Barca, Arsenal, Bremen (not this year!), etc. Dortmund have been a joy to watch this season.

Brads Laing
14-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Teams I Support - Hibs and Liverpool

Teams I Look Out For

Scotland - Hibs (obviously)
England - Liverpool & Leeds
Italy - Juventus
Spain - Athletico Bilbao & Alicante
Russia - Zenit (beat the huns in the final)
America - LA Galaxy

Viva_Palmeiras
14-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Palmeiras and Hibs only keeping it in the family.

English football just doesn't do it for me I'm out.

markom127
14-12-2010, 08:49 PM
PL - Everton

Champ - Leeds Utd

Serie A - Inter

La Liga - Barca

:greengrin:greengrin

Ferryhibby
14-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Love watchin the Hibees and also have followed the Hammers since the early 80's
Big NFL fan dont really follow a team just like watchin the sport

burghhibs
14-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Malaga :cool2:
Been to see them play a couple of times, not doing to good again this year!
Any other Hibs and Malaga supporters out there?

stevenhibs
14-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Sundeland - Go to as many games as possible
Bristol Rovers - Likewise. Generally the Carlisle away games and 2/3 games a year at the Memorial Ground. Family live in Somerset that are Rovers fans. Great little place and club.

MWHIBBIES
14-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Scotland-Hibs
Italy-AC Milan
England-Arsenal
International-France

HibeeSince85
14-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Hibs always comes first but I support Man Utd and would love to be able to afford at some point to have season tickets for both.

Maclaren are my F1 Team, Sergio Garcia in Golf(I know he's no a team but you know what I mean:greengrin)

Ryan91
14-12-2010, 11:36 PM
I tend to keep an eye on the Tottenham results down south and also keep an eye on Barca.

KiddA
15-12-2010, 12:39 AM

I love Man Utd because they have not bought there success and Alex Ferguson is my idol.

fatbloke
15-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Blackpool, because at this point in time they are everything that we are not!

Skanko79
15-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Obviously Hibs are number 1.

Also support Man City, been down alot of times both to maine road and c.o.m.s. (would like to add ive liked them since they were in 2nd division, didnt decide i liked them cos some arab pumped millions into them)

Support Scotland, go when i can these days but spent a good 6 or 7 years going everywhere with them.

As for on the continent teams i will look out for are FC Twente, Dinamo Zagreb and Barca.

Hibbyradge
15-12-2010, 07:53 AM
I used to go and see Crystal Palace and Spurs when I lived in London and I still have a soft spot for them although I probably want Manchester United to win the league. That might change should Ferguson leave or Spurs genuinely start competing for the title.

I dislike Millwall, Leeds and Chelsea and since Man City became multi billionaires, they're heading that way too.

Watching Barcelona is extremely pleasurable, but I can't say I particularly support them. I remember when Real Madrid ripped Man U to pieces a few years back and that was awesome too. Football's equiveklant to the Harlem Globetrotters, Ferguson remarked.

My true foreign love, of course, is Kaunus. :greengrin

Crazyhorse
15-12-2010, 10:50 AM
I used to go and see Crystal Palace and Spurs when I lived in London and I still have a soft spot for them although I probably want Manchester United to win the league. That might change should Ferguson leave or Spurs genuinely start competing for the title.

I dislike Millwall, Leeds and Chelsea and since Man City became multi billionaires, they're heading that way too.

Watching Barcelona is extremely pleasurable, but I can't say I particularly support them. I remember when Real Madrid ripped Man U to pieces a few years back and that was awesome too. Football's equiveklant to the Harlem Globetrotters, Ferguson remarked.

My true foreign love, of course, is Kaunus. :greengrin

Hibs - season ticket holder for 10 years while I worked in Edinburgh. Watch every game I can and come over each season for games.
Newcastle - supported them since I was a kid. Go over for games with my brother (big fan) and sons.
CS Sfaxian (Tunisia) - Wife's family are fanatics. Got the shirt (black and white stripes!) and watch them on TV. Underdogs from the neglected south....etc
Ulster rugby - its my home Province. Atmosphere is like a 70's footy match when playing Munster or Leinster and you can STAND on the terrace with a pint and sing for 80 minutes.
Admire German football because of supporter power (particularly teams like Shalke) but not an active supporter of an Euro team.

.Sean.
15-12-2010, 11:17 AM
I love Man Utd because they have not bought there success and Alex Ferguson is my idol.Then who else spent millions upon millions on the likes of Veron, Ferdinand, Hargreaves, Berbatov, Carrick, Rooney etc?

Phil MaGlass
15-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Believe it or not, Aberdeen.

frazeHFC
15-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Obviously Hibs are my real team.

But i also like Ross County as my dad is from Invergordon and they are the local team. My English team is Liverpool, been to 2 games this season.

I also like looking out for Spurs and Huddersfield's results just due to me liking them aswell.

Pete
15-12-2010, 11:38 PM
I too have teams that I look out for but have also struggled with the notion of really having room for more than one team in your life.
Is even "looking out" for another team not cheating? Is it not like a fall back in case your first team lets you down?

Anyway...

English: I've become a fan of Arsenal in the last five years simply due to the football they play. Soft spots for Liverpool, Everton and man City(first ever strip was the red and black away)

English lower: Oxford United. When you're around ten you and your pals choose English teams to like. The trophy winning teams around the 1985/86 mark were Liverpool, Everton, United, Forest...or Oxford.

Italy: Napoli...for the team with Careca and Maradona.

Spain: Valencia. Simply because in the late nineties all the huns I knew laughed at me when I said Rangers would get beat home and away of this lot. I really didn't know how good they were and they should have won the cup on at least one occasion....and they're not Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Wee team: Wherever I have lived outside of Edinburgh I have wanted the local team to do well. When I stayed in Livi I wanted Livi to do well and it's the same with Dunfermline. However, I'm getting a soft spot for Raith as Dunfermline fans seem to be unfairly snobbish towards Raith...referring to them as the "wee team". I'd actually like to see any Fife team do well as they're pissing against the wind with all the huns over here.

It's good to get that off my chest but it feels similar to thinking about the girlfriends sister or best friend when you're having a ham shank.

Speedy
15-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Sunderland are my "other" team due to family friends, I buy merchandise and I always look out for their scores and want them to win but I've never actually been to a game. I've always liked Man Utd as well.

In comparison to Hibs I'd say I feel about 1% of the passion towards Sunderland that I do towards Hibs. And although I prefer Man Utd to the other league contenders in England I'm really not bothered e.g. I'd rather win a £10 bet than lose £10 as a result of a Man Utd win.

Edit: I just noticed the earlier rant about "supporting" teams so I wanted to add that I've been to a Man Utd game(the one they lost against Valencia at Old Trafford a few years back) and had the odd top as well.

Sylar
16-12-2010, 12:07 AM
Obviously Hibs are my real team.

But i also like Ross County as my dad is from Invergordon and they are the local team. My English team is Liverpool, been to 2 games this season.

I also like looking out for Spurs and Huddersfield's results just due to me liking them aswell.

"In Invergordon by the sea;
they've built a huge distillery..."

:thumbsup:

Diclonius
16-12-2010, 12:47 AM
In terms of Scottish 'wee teams', I've been to the odd Arbroath game being only 15 minutes away, and have seen Edinburgh City as well.

If I were to go by family ties, I'd be a Celtic fan. :grr: Thankfully my Cumbernauld-born Dad is now a converted Hibby and like me has a loathing for all things Celtic.

DAVE1875
16-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Man United are my English team, despite the fact I've a soft spot for Birmingham City & Newcastle United

Also enjoy watching Inter Milan and Barcelona

Also like watching the New York Rangers (NHL)

KiddA
16-12-2010, 04:14 AM
Then who else spent millions upon millions on the likes of Veron, Ferdinand, Hargreaves, Berbatov, Carrick, Rooney etc?

Ok yes they have spent some money on these players but compared to the crazy money like Chelsea and Man City and Real Madrid have not bought there success especially the likes of Chelsea in recent years. Look at the players they have brought through ie Beckham, Giggs, Scholes and Butt to name a few. That is why I admire them so much, the likes of Chelsea have bought most of there good young players mostly from West Ham.

StevieC
16-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Ok yes they have spent some money on these players but compared to the crazy money like Chelsea and Man City and Real Madrid have not bought there success especially the likes of Chelsea in recent years.

In the years since Chelsea started spending big money they have won the title the same number of times as Man United. Prior to that it was Man United that were buying their way to league titles.

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Hibs Woman

:cool2:

Are they not doing a nude calendar this year?

:offski:

khib70
16-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Then who else spent millions upon millions on the likes of Veron, Ferdinand, Hargreaves, Berbatov, Carrick, Rooney etc?

As most regulars will know, I'm a Man City fan and attend several games a season. Amazing how people get their knickers twisted when someone outside the "sacred" Big Four enjoy a bit of success. And its apparently all right for Barca and Real Madrid to be multimillionaires, but not City:rolleyes:

Man United bought success till the Glazer takeover, but they can't do it now because they don't have the money. If they had, they would.

TRC
16-12-2010, 03:17 PM
been a hibsfan since i can remember. But used to get taken to dundee games by my dad, although i wouldn't say i'm a suppoter saw them lose two cup finals b and q cup at mcdermid park and a lc against aberdeen i think. But to befair to my dad he always took me to easter road nd never really triedto make me a d fan

heretoday
16-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Dunfermline and Everton.

Leicester Fan
16-12-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm not feeling the love men.

Sir David Gray
16-12-2010, 05:27 PM

As most regulars will know, I'm a Man City fan and attend several games a season. Amazing how people get their knickers twisted when someone outside the "sacred" Big Four enjoy a bit of success. And its apparently all right for Barca and Real Madrid to be multimillionaires, but not City:rolleyes:

Man United bought success till the Glazer takeover, but they can't do it now because they don't have the money. If they had, they would.

At least Man City don't have to worry about that. :wink:

Green_one
16-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Hibs by a mile (only team who could make me cry - go on, win the ***** cup!)

Long term Man United fan. Easy when you live at the time of Law, Best & Charlton. Been a fair amount to OT both as a Red and opposition supporter (supported Dundee United one evening in Europe - they got a draw!!!)

Oddly used to check the Notts County scores at one time. No idea why.

Gone to lots of teams matches - had a lot more sucess watching mates teams win at Hampden than my own. Saw Dundee United right through to the UEFA cup final one season. Saw St Mirren stuff the Jambos and then Dundee United to win the cup - great fun. Had a laugh many times with Meadowbank Thistle - crazy fans. (used to sing the Trumpton song :top marks ). Many English games, some of the grounds now long gone e.g. the Dell. Love watching football - Anyone - Liverpool in the 70s, Ajax etc. Taught me that the guy in the other end is not a monster ( though the Jambos look like one).

Oh, and Scotland :boo hoo: - v the Czechs - one of the greatest games ever.

Nando™
16-12-2010, 06:58 PM
I have absolutely no connections with any other club, so they can ALL get to France..

Bishop Hibee
16-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Hibs first and foremost. ST holder although I only go to a handful of away games these days.

I'm a member of the Scotland Supporters Club and the Edinburgh Tartan Army and go all competitive home games and have been to a few aways over the years.

I went to see Sunderland now and again when I lived in Co. Durham and still look out for their results. I also watched my local team down there, Bishop Auckland. I saw the last game at their historic Kingsway ground and hope to check out their new Heritage Park stadium.

One of my sisters-in-law is Catalan so until Hibs get there, it's Barca in the CL.

DH1875
16-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Massive, huge New York Jets fan and follow teams in most other US sports.

When it comes to football Hibs are and always will be number 1. Teams from other countries I follow are;
England: Blackpool.
Spain: REAL :thumbsup:.
Teams from other countries I like;
Italy: Fiorentina.
France: Monaco
Germany: Dourtmound.
Portugal: Sporting
Turkey: Galatasary.
Argentina: River Plate.
Brazil: Palmeiras.

monktonharp
16-12-2010, 07:59 PM

I know there are a few people quite vocal about their 'support' for Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal on here but surely i can't be the only one who still picks teams and wants them to win.dae ah f/ck!

Sylar
16-12-2010, 08:02 PM

Nearly all of Barcelona's current array of stars (apart from Alves, Villa, Keita, Mascherano and Abidal) have all come through their ranks, thus allowing them to have created the best team on earth with mostly youth players.

My problem with City (and the other clubs in England) is that they have superb training facilities, excellent youth setups and an array of kids across England who would kill to play for these clubs. Yet, because these clubs are so bent on quick-term successes, they sacrifice their youth programmes, spend tons of money they don't have (I'm aware this Sheik has money, but that doesn't mean City do - if he pulls the plug, they're f***ed) and risk their longevity to try and make a name for themselves in the short term.

Barcelona have built this side of superstars from a well bred youth programme, which didn't happen overnight. I wish a lot of clubs would take note of their system and put faith in youth. It's nowhere near comparable, but it's a positive trait of Hibs, to try and build their teams from up and coming youngsters - I just wish we weren't in a position where we had to sell those players on to clubs who try and buy out their competition.

KiddA
16-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Nearly all of Barcelona's current array of stars (apart from Alves, Villa, Keita, Mascherano and Abidal) have all come through their ranks, thus allowing them to have created the best team on earth with mostly youth players.

My problem with City (and the other clubs in England) is that they have superb training facilities, excellent youth setups and an array of kids across England who would kill to play for these clubs. Yet, because these clubs are so bent on quick-term successes, they sacrifice their youth programmes, spend tons of money they don't have (I'm aware this Sheik has money, but that doesn't mean City do - if he pulls the plug, they're f***ed) and risk their longevity to try and make a name for themselves in the short term.

Barcelona have built this side of superstars from a well bred youth programme, which didn't happen overnight. I wish a lot of clubs would take note of their system and put faith in youth. It's nowhere near comparable, but it's a positive trait of Hibs, to try and build their teams from up and coming youngsters - I just wish we weren't in a position where we had to sell those players on to clubs who try and buy out their competition.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
16-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Scotland: Hibs (of course)

England: Tooting and Mitcham United (don't ask !), Aston Villa (the Des Bremner connection)

France: Red Star 93 (sadly they have fallen down the leagues since I used to watch them), RC Lens (great stadium and fans)

Lithuania: Vetra (went bust at the start of this season)

Moldova: haven't made up my mind yet - have seen Dacia, Zimbru, Academia and Sheriff fairly regularly over the past couple of years.

monktonharp
17-12-2010, 12:42 AM

England: Tooting and Mitcham United (don't ask !), Aston Villa (the Des Bremner connection)

France: Red Star 93 (sadly they have fallen down the leagues since I used to watch them), RC Lens (great stadium and fans)

Lithuania: Vetra (went bust this at the start of this season)

Moldova: haven't made up my mind yet - have seen Dacia, Zimbru, Academia and Sheriff fairly regularly over the past couple of years.how are things in Moldova? still got the trade union activists in jail for having the temerity to demand the wages owed to their members,is paid back?:cool2:

GhostofBolivar
17-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Here's a hint for you.

<-------------------------------

Lucius Apuleius
17-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Support someone else????? NEVER
However The Binos and Man City are the first two results I look for after the Hibees.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
17-12-2010, 07:39 AM
how are things in Moldova? still got the trade union activists in jail for having the temerity to demand the wages owed to their members,is paid back?:cool2:

Cold and snowy. Just like home. :wink:

The_Exile
17-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Football is probably my 3rd favourite sport, with Boxing being my favourite, other teams I follow/look out for their results:

Rushden and Diamonds (became a fan after starting an unemployed career with them in Football Manager, so not an ultra but a follower none the less!)

Tottenham (Supported them before I supported Hibs, was a fan of captain fantastic Gary Mabbutt, he had diabetes as did I, so was a bit of a hero of mine, a Diabetic playing centre back for England, anything was possible!)

New Orlean Saints (Lived not far from the Superdome for just under 3 years, during Katrina too, the Saints are more than just a team who happens to play in the NFL, it's hard to explain, words probably couldn't describe what this team/stadium has done for the area/people)

New York Knicks (not sure why I follow the knicks as they are rotten and have been for a while, possible underdog complex.......)

Arturo Gatti, he could've been fighting my own mother and I'd have been rooting (sp?) for him, RIP fella.

DH1875
17-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Football is probably my 5th favourite sport, so any connections I have with teams are loose.

The only teams I "support" are mostly based in American sports (New England, Michigan, Detroit Tigers, Redwings...)

In terms of football, I enjoy watching Hibs, I keep my eyes open for the Livingston scores (went with my dad since I was around 10) and love watching Barcelona on the tele-box :agree:

How can someone so bright get it so wrong :dunno:? Can't believe that on top of all the other crap you support you also follow Barca. A well, just another one to add to the list I suppose:greengrin.

West Upper
17-12-2010, 03:22 PM
I only Support Hibs and Liverpool

Teams from other countries i like:

Germany : Bayern Munich
Spain : Barcelona
Portugal : Benfica
Italy : Ac Milan

mickki40
17-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Bradford Park Avenue in England ( non leagur green n white )
GAIS in Sweden ( The big Gothenburg side)

Iggy Pope
17-12-2010, 06:25 PM

Lithuania: Vetra (went bust at the start of this season)

Moldova: haven't made up my mind yet - have seen Dacia, Zimbru, Academia and Sheriff fairly regularly over the past couple of years.

Vetra went bust?
That sucks - had a great trip there (even though we were pumped out) and would definitely count them as my Lithuanian team seeing as how I copped a shirt.

The Harp
17-12-2010, 11:31 PM
I always want Everton to do well as they were my Dad's team, but my affection for them couldn't be called 'support'.
There's only one team that matters to me as much now, at the ripe old age of 63, as it did when I was a lad of 16, and that's the Hibs! God Bless them! :wink:

Rory89
17-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Been to a few Raith Rovers games over the years (although I've not been for ages) so I like to see them do well. My English team is West Ham although I refuse to call myself a supporter as people who claim to be supporters of teams they've never seen live are essentially *****. I just think they're the English Hibs, underdogs who's fans deserve success but they never live up to their potential.

Again not a fan as such but after going on holiday to Krakow I have a soft spot for Crakovia, cracking atmosphere at their games and their neighbours Wisla seem a bunch of nazi *****'s. Was a nice feeling whilst on holiday realising that my favourite Scottish, English and Polish teams were all bottom of the league, I obviously must hate myself deep down. :rolleyes:

For one season only I'd love Man City to win something. They have good, long suffering fans and although I hate the money they've spent the sheer hypocricy from the likes of Ferguson and Wenger means I'd still like them to shut them all up. If they went on to become the big cheese like Man U I'll feel guilty for wishing them well, but for now c'mon City.

Billy McKirdy
18-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Luton Town :thumbsup: been a fan since 1982 :greengrin

yekimevol
18-12-2010, 01:07 AM
I love Man Utd because they have not bought there success and Alex Ferguson is my idol.

man u have done what every team has done. bought the best players. yes they have a few that they have players that they have developed. like Fletcher.

but they have spent 30 million on ferdinand. a simler price tag on rooney after the add-ons. 17 million on Hargreaves, 30 million on Berbatov, 18 million on Carrick.

any team in the postions that utd have been in have allways spent to be in the postions they are in.

KiddA
18-12-2010, 05:56 AM
man u have done what every team has done. bought the best players. yes they have a few that they have players that they have developed. like Fletcher.

but they have spent 30 million on ferdinand. a simler price tag on rooney after the add-ons. 17 million on Hargreaves, 30 million on Berbatov, 18 million on Carrick.

any team in the postions that utd have been in have allways spent to be in the postions they are in.

Yeah but my point is they have earned the right to spend from success look at there 1999 treble winning team. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2%80%9399_Manchester_United_F.C._season at least ten of there players in that squad were brought through there youth system. Who have Chelsea and Man City brought through there youth systems. The only one i can think of for Man City is Micah Richards in there current squad and I can't think of any for Chelsea. Man Utd's current squad has Wes Brown, Ryan Giggs, Chris Smalling, Paul Scholes, John O'Shea, Jonny Evans and Darren Fletcher to name a few of the top of my head.

Like I said Man Utd have spent a lot of cash but prior to them doing that they had a lot of success from the likes of Beckham Butt and Scholes Chelsea and Man City did not. This is why I like them so much, I made the mistake of saying they did not buy there success but there youth system is second to none and no one can argue with that.

WHUHibs
18-12-2010, 10:34 AM
The only other team i like are West Ham. Hoping to get down soon to see them play before we drop!! Other than that no, But Hibs are and always will be my No.1 team. :agree:

I see a number of people follow West Ham on here...at least we cant be seen as glory hunters as the team is so poor. Been to see them 5 times this year with my son all away, Villa, Birmingham, Stoke, Liverpool and Man united. Will also go and see them at Newcastle on 5th January.

l also started taking an interest in Fernabache through my clients in Turkey and went to see Fernabache v Galatasary which was probably the noisest match I have been to and even though it was 0-0 it was fantastic...I now keep an eye open for them.

Of course Hibs is number 1 and being at Ibrox this season for me was the highlight...the atmosphere at Tynecastle will be amazing and looking forward to that,,,however, electric atmosphere is not seen every week and by going to West Ham it gives me an additional adrenalin rush. The fans are crazy, passionate and the humour is worth the entrance money alone. Liverpool was the highlight with a rendition of you will never get a job sung to Walk on,,,Liverpool fans singing your going down and the imediate response was so are we :)..to cap it all off was a visit to the Cavern ,,,,,,the result,,,well it didnt really matter when we had such a great day out.

Stuck in Schipol today and gutted at not being able to get back so a nice result today for both Hibs and West Ham would be a tonic.

Hainan Hibs
18-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Don't support other teams as such, people who get into arguments over teams they never go to watch are on par with Rantic fans who live in Aberdeen and Edinburgh, however it is just a bit more sad.

However, I have started to follow Internazionale, if only to get in the Italian girlfriends good books and guarantee a ride.

yekimevol
18-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Yeah but my point is they have earned the right to spend from success look at there 1999 treble winning team. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2%80%9399_Manchester_United_F.C._season at least ten of there players in that squad were brought through there youth system. Who have Chelsea and Man City brought through there youth systems. The only one i can think of for Man City is Micah Richards in there current squad and I can't think of any for Chelsea. Man Utd's current squad has Wes Brown, Ryan Giggs, Chris Smalling, Paul Scholes, John O'Shea, Jonny Evans and Darren Fletcher to name a few of the top of my head.

Like I said Man Utd have spent a lot of cash but prior to them doing that they had a lot of success from the likes of Beckham Butt and Scholes Chelsea and Man City did not. This is why I like them so much, I made the mistake of saying they did not buy there success but there youth system is second to none and no one can argue with that.

man city have several players in the squad that they have brought through the youth system, richards, wright phillips, hart, boyata, michael johnston.

my point is that anyteam in the postions of these clubs have been in or are going to be in are going to be spending vast somes of money on players.

Franck Stanton
18-12-2010, 01:32 PM

Totally agree mate, been to a few St Johnstons games [ when the Hibs game was off ] as have family living in Methven area , but just cant seem to get that interested to be honest so have now given up going. Even at international level, only really got excited whenever a Hibby [ yes I know it's been a long time] was playing.

StevieC
18-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Totally agree mate, been to a few St Johnstons games [ when the Hibs game was off ] as have family living in Methven area

I lived in Methven for a while. There's a handful of Hibees in the village.

:thumbsup:

howdenthehibby
18-12-2010, 03:16 PM
I really only support Hibs ,but have a soft spot for Man Utd,Newcastle,and West Ham and when Barcelona play Real Madrid i always prefer Barcelona to win.

Holmesdale Hibs
18-12-2010, 03:30 PM
I only 'support' Hibs and Scotland.

My English team is Millwall because they're reasonably local and I've been to see them a few times - a reasonable standard and not as mental as its built up to be.

Other teams Houston Rockets (NBA) and Houston Texans (NFL) as I worked in Houston for a while.

Dislikes (other than the OF and hearts) are Chelsea, Man City and Dallas Cowboys.

KiddA
19-12-2010, 04:12 AM
man city have several players in the squad that they have brought through the youth system, richards, wright phillips, hart, boyata, michael johnston.

my point is that anyteam in the postions of these clubs have been in or are going to be in are going to be spending vast somes of money on players.

Joe Hart's Youth Career was at Shrewsbury Town and also played a few games I believe. Michael Johnston actually started at Everton at school boy level and Boyata started his career at Brussels. Shaun wright Phillips started his career with Nottingham Forest and was there for 3 or 4 years.

None of the players above came through the youth system at Man City except for Richards.

Like I say Man Utd earned that right to spend because they made a name for themselves with Beckham and players like Cantona in the past. Man City and Chelsea all of a sudden got rich business men to try and buy success.

Thats why i like Man Utd because they produce class players and continue to do so but do spend as well :agree:

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Hibs are really the only team I support.

Attend Arsenal and Chelsea games when in London on business, as friends have a clutch of season tickets and one is always going spare when I'm in town.

Have a soft spot for Tranmere Rovers as the first wife was a tranny.

lobster
19-12-2010, 06:14 PM
FC United of Manchester, the future of fitba :aok:

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Hibs are really the only team I support.

Attend Arsenal and Chelsea games when in London on business, as friends have a clutch of season tickets and one is always going spare when I'm in town.

Have a soft spot for Tranmere Rovers as the first wife was a tranny.

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-12-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm going to London for NY and was hoping the Hibs game would be moved to the 2nd so I could go to The Hammers game on the 1st. Wouldn't make it from Quinns to UP in time for kick off, so, could be a messy drowning our sorrows with the vast array of foreign beers on offer in said boozer!

Removed
19-12-2010, 06:54 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf:

I spat my tea out at that DBS :faf: