PDA

View Full Version : Scottish football fans pressure group

Diclonius
13-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Is there any case for trying to set up one of these?

As it stands, football fans in Scotland outside the Old Firm have ZERO voice. We're not covered in the nationwide media, given airtime on phone ins, and our teams are by and large ignored. Make no doubt about it, we're there, but as it stands there is no way of us expressing our opinion and having it heard.

That is why a coalition of fans from every team in Scotland outside the OF is a perfect idea. Through this we can coordinate our gripes and complaints with the Old Firm, SFA and SPL into one collective voice. Leaflets, petitions to our respective chairmen, protests. Repeated requests of the governing bodies of Scottish football to be more transparent.

All this will have the rest of the country stand up and be heard. Because right now, it's falling on deaf ears. And if someone were to try and organise one of these groups between fans from - as a start - Hibs and the other nine true football clubs in the SPL, I would certainly be behind the cause.

Is this viable?

Jack
13-12-2010, 08:00 PM
I honestly don’t think any fans have a voice where it counts. You mentioned the OF fans and the media, the phone ins. As a voice where it counts I might suggest that counts for nothing.

Where a fans group might just get a sliver of hope of being listened to in the likes of the SFA, the SPL etc. it would be ignored if the OF were excluded.

I honestly can’t see them coming to the table to openly discuss anything without ‘we are the OF, you can’t do anything without us’ hats on.

Its a catch 22 situation.

There would also be the bitchin’ within the clubs. You see it here at Hibs ‘How come he’s speaking for the fans? He’s no speaking for me!’ There is the expense of getting to meetings, the cost of hiring a venue, the cost of time taking off work, who’s going to pay for that?

There was an open invitation for all Hibbies to set up the Singing Section that became the Hibs 12th Man – I think it was about a dozen turned up. Hibernian FC organised fans forums at ER last season less than 150 from a support of around 10k said they would go, fewer than half that number turned up.

Having said all that I would like to see it happen. The fans would/should be a very powerful voice when decisions are made about OUR sport and with all the vested interests currently occupying the hierarchy of OUR game that’s why it won’t happen … although maybe it will. :greengrin

tony higgins
13-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Is there any case for trying to set up one of these?

As it stands, football fans in Scotland outside the Old Firm have ZERO voice. We're not covered in the nationwide media, given airtime on phone ins, and our teams are by and large ignored. Make no doubt about it, we're there, but as it stands there is no way of us expressing our opinion and having it heard.

That is why a coalition of fans from every team in Scotland outside the OF is a perfect idea. Through this we can coordinate our gripes and complaints with the Old Firm, SFA and SPL into one collective voice. Leaflets, petitions to our respective chairmen, protests. Repeated requests of the governing bodies of Scottish football to be more transparent.

All this will have the rest of the country stand up and be heard. Because right now, it's falling on deaf ears. And if someone were to try and organise one of these groups between fans from - as a start - Hibs and the other nine true football clubs in the SPL, I would certainly be behind the cause.

Is this viable?

Hmmm, you don,t see the Gorgie mob as being in the same bracket as the weegies.

:confused:

I must remember that on Jan 1st.

:agree: