PDA

View Full Version : Sam Allardyce sacked (merged)

H18sry
13-12-2010, 03:51 PM
On sky Sports news http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/player/LatestNews/0,,10303,00.html#articleBody2243513

JimBHibees
13-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Thats an odd one though got to be said not my favourite manager and his style of football is positively yamlike. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Somebody probably told him Real Madrid are after him! Cannae stand the man!

JimBHibees
13-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Somebody probably told him Real Madrid are after him! Cannae stand the man!

:agree:

seanraff07
13-12-2010, 03:55 PM
That's a bit of a shock, surely it can't be based on results, i think he's done well at Blackburn.

CB_NO3
13-12-2010, 03:55 PM
On sky Sports news
Another good manager gets the bullet. These dodgy Indian dudes look like they dont have a clue about football. I am really starting to get disillusioned with football these days.

JE89
13-12-2010, 04:03 PM
. I am really starting to get disillusioned with football these days.

:agree: All these folk buying clubs is starting to get old fast. No security for managers anymore. Hughton gone due to an arrogant tosser and now probably the same for Big Sam. (Although I agree he is a prick, but did a good job at Blackburn)

Pretty Boy
13-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Madrid beckons for Sam then.

I was just thinking to myself the other day that what La Liga really needs is long throw ins, a bit of hoofball and a few target men.

NAE NOOKIE
13-12-2010, 04:05 PM
A manager ( I cant remember who ) in his autobiography had a chapter devoted to " what chairmen know about football" which consisted of one blank page.

Its good to know that at least in England this historical fact is still being given its due deference by the current club owners.

Maybe Big Sams idea of how the game should be played isn't to everyones taste. But he wasn't doing a bad job at Blackburn, was he ?

:greengrin

lucky
13-12-2010, 04:13 PM
A manager ( I cant remember who ) in his autobiography had a chapter devoted to " what chairmen know about football" which consisted of one blank page.

Its good to know that at least in England this historical fact is still being given its due deference by the current club owners.

Maybe Big Sams idea of how the game should be played isn't to everyones taste. But he wasn't doing a bad job at Blackburn, was he ?

think it was Brian Clough.

But again another manager bites the dust. I dont know what all these foreign investors actually think there clubs are going achieve. Blackburn should be looking retain premiership status and maybe get a cup run. There are others down there with huge amounts of money getting pumped in that even Europa league qualification is very difficult.

Part/Time Supporter
13-12-2010, 04:56 PM

Len Shackleton.

As for Allardyce, not really that surprising. New owners, they'll want their own guy in.

Gatecrasher
13-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Another good manager gets the bullet. These dodgy Indian dudes look like they dont have a clue about football. I am really starting to get disillusioned with football these days.

:agree: All these folk buying clubs is starting to get old fast. No security for managers anymore. Hughton gone due to an arrogant tosser and now probably the same for Big Sam. (Although I agree he is a prick, but did a good job at Blackburn)

i felt the same, i have hardly watched an EPL or CL game all season and dont really miss it TBH, im happy watching hibs and Keeping an eye on the SPL. Some folk think im daft, but i just got bored of it.

Mikey
13-12-2010, 05:22 PM
He'll get a job pretty quickly. In fact, his availability might hasten the departure of a manager down near the bottom of league just now. I wonder how safe McCarthy is at Wolves??

Barney McGrew
13-12-2010, 05:59 PM
He'll get a job pretty quickly. In fact, his availability might hasten the departure of a manager down near the bottom of league just now. I wonder how safe McCarthy is at Wolves??

Five Live reported earlier on that the odds for Allardyce to be the next West Ham manager have gone from 33-1 to 3-1 today.

LancashireHibby
13-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Was mightily pissed off with the way he left Bolton, so I know I'm not the only one who is smiling at the irony of him losing yet another job after a result at the Reebok.

jgl07
13-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Or more likely Avram Grant at West Ham?

Bostonhibby
13-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Len Shackleton.

As for Allardyce, not really that surprising. New owners, they'll want their own guy in.

:agree: But I just have this feeling that these particular owners might be about to take more £££££££££ out of Blackburn than they put in, I hope not as I don't mind Blackburn or their fans.............

SidBurns
13-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Taken from 606:-

I know this may sound mad but this makes perfect sense to me.

Big Sam has done fairly well with little money, HOWEVER since he got Bolton into the Europa League his stock has steadily fallen till he became a manager that was mid table security.

Now the new owners may not know a lot about football but they know about BUSINESS.

I'm going out on a limb here and predict they are following the Vladimir Romanov at Hearts model - Buy a team in a country with MILES more exposure worldwide than your own and use it to promote your main business.

I'm betting within months you'll see their brand in your programme & from next year the ad boards & strip.

They've just had the commonwealth games in idia so their country is on the rise and looking for new business opportunities.

By getting rid of Big Sam they can appoint a big name manager (Jol or Benitez) who will increase the profile of the club & get them up the table.

Shortly before the EPL bubble bursts in 5 or so years (or whenever the next Sky deal gets renegotiated to half what it is now), they'll sell their more successfull team for a lot more than the £43 million they paid.

As for Sam - Benitez to get sacked before the New Year (they are European Champs with no chance of repeating), Capello to get approached & Big Sam for England in PLENTY of time for the next round of qualifiers in 9 months time.

Yeah, Romanov has done REALLY well eh!?!?!?! :bye:

magpie1892
13-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Taken from 606:-

I know this may sound mad but this makes perfect sense to me.

Big Sam has done fairly well with little money, HOWEVER since he got Bolton into the Europa League his stock has steadily fallen till he became a manager that was mid table security.

Now the new owners may not know a lot about football but they know about BUSINESS.

I'm going out on a limb here and predict they are following the Vladimir Romanov at Hearts model - Buy a team in a country with MILES more exposure worldwide than your own and use it to promote your main business.

I'm betting within months you'll see their brand in your programme & from next year the ad boards & strip.

They've just had the commonwealth games in idia so their country is on the rise and looking for new business opportunities.

By getting rid of Big Sam they can appoint a big name manager (Jol or Benitez) who will increase the profile of the club & get them up the table.

Shortly before the EPL bubble bursts in 5 or so years (or whenever the next Sky deal gets renegotiated to half what it is now), they'll sell their more successfull team for a lot more than the £43 million they paid.

As for Sam - Benitez to get sacked before the New Year (they are European Champs with no chance of repeating), Capello to get approached & Big Sam for England in PLENTY of time for the next round of qualifiers in 9 months time.

Yeah, Romanov has done REALLY well eh!?!?!?! :bye:

I'm so pleased to read your last line. For several horrific moments I thought you forwarding this surreal position as your own...

SidBurns
13-12-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm so pleased to read your last line. For several horrific moments I thought you forwarding this surreal position as your own...

LOL :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
13-12-2010, 07:43 PM
This is how all big clubs operate, and it's nice of the Yam who wrote it to share the information with fans of a similar sized club (of course with no suggestion that Bolton's war record is anywhere as good as Hearts').

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2010, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't imagine the west ham fans putting up with Allardyce's type of football for long.

Pretty Boy
13-12-2010, 09:10 PM
I wouldn't imagine the west ham fans putting up with Allardyce's type of football for long.

:agree: They like to see football played properly at Upton Park.

By all accounts Mark Hughes coat is on a shoogly peg so might well be Fulham for Allardyce.

LancashireHibby
13-12-2010, 09:13 PM
I'd say there's a whole host of managers in the queue for the next PL job ahead of Allardyce.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-12-2010, 09:42 PM
i felt the same, i have hardly watched an EPL or CL game all season and dont really miss it TBH, im happy watching hibs and Keeping an eye on the SPL. Some folk think im daft, but i just got bored of it.

How can you get bored watching the CL B4 Hibs?

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Five Live reported earlier on that the odds for Allardyce to be the next West Ham manager have gone from 33-1 to 3-1 today.

Oh no!

Gatecrasher
13-12-2010, 09:49 PM
How can you get bored watching the CL B4 Hibs?

because i like Hibs, its the club i support, i couldnt give a toss about any of the clubs in the CL

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Like watching paint dry for most of the last year though unfortunately.

darwenhibby
14-12-2010, 10:28 AM
People might say he was doing an ok job at ROOAVERRRS, but he was not popular with the Fans around here. ie my moaning faither in law.

What about Holloway for ewood:wink:

ScottB
14-12-2010, 10:33 AM
BBC's Gossip column is saying he was sacked for refusing to sign Kris Boyd from Middlesbrough in January? :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2010, 11:17 AM
People might say he was doing an ok job at ROOAVERRRS, but he was not popular with the Fans around here. ie my moaning faither in law.

What about Holloway for ewood:wink:

I think your father in law is miserable because of who his daughter married?

Green Man
14-12-2010, 11:18 AM
BBC's Gossip column is saying he was sacked for refusing to sign Kris Boyd from Middlesbrough in January? :dunno:

I don't see how signing Kris Boyd fits in with the owners' desire for Champions League football!

I'm really annoyed that Allardyce has been sacked. Blackburn haven't been pretty to watch most of the time, but results have been good. You can't just come in and say "we want 3rd or 4th place". Finishing in the top half is a good achievement for Blackburn, to go any higher requires unsustainable investment. I fear the Indians will ruin the club.

LancashireHibby
14-12-2010, 11:22 AM

I sincerely hope that's right. Should just about seal the Dingles going down in May :thumbsup:

heretoday
14-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Rovers are ok though not pretty. I'd say in Pedersen they have one of the finest left feet in the game.

Sam won't be out of work for long. Sheffield United? Wigan?

God forbid he ends up at Everton!

LancashireHibby
14-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Rovers are ok though not pretty. I'd say in Pedersen they have one of the finest left feet in the game.

Sam won't be out of work for long. Sheffield United? Wigan?

God forbid he ends up at Everton!
No chance the Wigan fans would want him, they've had a good few run ins in the past though I suppose the same could be said for t'Roverrrs. Would thinl Sheff Utd is possible as I dare say Speed will have put in a good word for him, unless Allardyce wants to hold out for a Premier League job. Would be hilarious if he went back to Newcastle, mind.