PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton vs Hibernian Match RE-SCHEDULED for WED 22nd Dec.

HibeePaj
13-12-2010, 03:42 PM
according to SSN

CB_NO3
13-12-2010, 03:51 PM
according to SSN
That means we will be playing about 5 games in 15 days. How are fans meant to afford that at this time of the year.

EH6 Hibby
13-12-2010, 03:51 PM
according to SSN

Nightmare if it's true, that will mean 5 matches in 15 days with our current squad.

Saorsa
13-12-2010, 03:53 PM
according to SSNNae mention of the postponed St.Mirren game? :dunno:

I'd be more interested in knowing that as I've already bought a ticket.

Steve20
13-12-2010, 03:53 PM
I would be surprised if this goes ahead on the 22nd. Are we not meant to be getting another lot of heavy snow starting the end of this week?

SteveHFC
13-12-2010, 04:04 PM
http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=9739&back=home

On the SPL Site now.

Golden Bear
13-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Only the SPL could come up with a dog's breakfast of re-arranged fixtures like that.

Folk will be skint in the lead up to Xmas and I've a feeling this fixture could "attract" a near record low attendance.

Calvin
13-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Was gonna go up north skiing for a few days around then, a night match on the 22nd is not tempting me to deviate from that.

Diclonius
13-12-2010, 04:19 PM
No way I'll be able to make the game now, was in Edinburgh for the original fixture but I'll be back home by then and a 6 hour round trip from Carnoustie to Hamilton at night in the freezing cold with high chance of snow does not appeal to me. And I can't drive. :grr:

Gatecrasher
13-12-2010, 04:20 PM
has the St Mirren game got a new date yet?

marinello59
13-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Will the fans make it home in time for Xmas?

Diclonius
13-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Will the fans make it home in time for Xmas?

I doubt it. We're still waiting on a few of them getting back from the 1-0 game a couple seasons ago.

Steve-O
13-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Surely it would've been better to reschedule the St Mirren game for that night?? :confused:

If only for the fact I am back in town for a few weeks...:wink:

Hamish
13-12-2010, 06:11 PM
I would be surprised if this goes ahead on the 22nd. Are we not meant to be getting another lot of heavy snow starting the end of this week?

Yip. Met Office have issued an early warning for snow on Thursday and Friday, Eaglesham Moor might be interesting if the forecast is correct

The Tubs
13-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Would have been ideal but I only get back on the 23rd.

greenlex
13-12-2010, 06:29 PM
I thought the first postponed matches got priority? Rngers were scheduled to play Hearts before they played Dundee Utd in rearranged games. It was changed to Dundee Utd first. WTF is going on with the SPL hierarchy? Ten team league lunacy and this fixture squeezed in. Honestly they could run the proverbial piss up.

ronaldo7
13-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Yip. Met Office have issued an early warning for snow on Thursday and Friday, Eaglesham Moor might be interesting if the forecast is correct

Gie it a miss and take the Motorway:cool2:

75 minutes to Killie these days...Croozin:wink:

Sir David Gray
13-12-2010, 09:14 PM
I don't believe this match will take place next week so everyone who is worried about five matches in fifteen days should rest easy.

The forecast from Thursday onwards is to be horrendous so it's doubtful if the Kilmarnock game on Saturday will even go ahead.

007 Mickey Weir
13-12-2010, 09:19 PM
why are we not playing st Mirren game this week? Nothing on and weather fine. seems silly.

Mind you this is from the people who think a 10 league SPL is a good idea.............:grr::grr::grr:

LancashireHibby
13-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Tempted to drive up to Hamilton depending on the weather situation.

.Sean.
13-12-2010, 10:09 PM
I don't believe this match will take place next week so everyone who is worried about five matches in fifteen days should rest easy.
The forecast from Thursday onwards is to be horrendous so it's doubtful if the Kilmarnock game on Saturday will even go ahead.I'll be gutted if the Killie game is off.

brydekirk
13-12-2010, 11:22 PM
That means we will be playing about 5 games in 15 days. How are fans meant to afford that at this time of the year.
season ticket, monthly paments. :agree: its no hard :agree:

monktonharp
14-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Was gonna go up north skiing for a few days around then, a night match on the 22nd is not tempting me to deviate from that.you could always come down south,to my hoose if it's ski-ing yer after. plenty snaw still in ma street and looks like it'll be here a while. you can bunk in ma spare room,go to hamilton on oor bus,get back to ma bit and ski to ma hoose from the milton road.:greengrin

green&left
14-12-2010, 12:18 AM
season ticket, monthly paments. :agree: its no hard :agree:

Last time I checked season tickets didn't cover away games?

Joe Baker II
14-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Only the SPL could come up with a dog's breakfast of re-arranged fixtures like that.

Folk will be skint in the lead up to Xmas and I've a feeling this fixture could "attract" a near record low attendance.

Should you not be looking closer to home and blaming Petrie - he is on Board of SPL that comes up such nonsensical decisions!

Phil MaGlass
15-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Why not reschedule to march, theres only two games in that month?

Sir David Gray
15-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Why not reschedule to march, theres only two games in that month?

Three if we make the Quarter finals of the Scotti...yeah ok, there will only be two games in March. :wink:

:boo hoo:

HibeeEmma
15-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Hibs should go all out on this one to attract as many fans as possible. Family ticket deals and discount in the shop

LancashireHibby
15-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Hibs should go all out on this one to attract as many fans as possible. Family ticket deals and discount in the shop

I'd much rather they concentrate on promoting home games rather than assisting rival clubs in lining their pockets.

lyonhibs
15-12-2010, 10:49 PM

How many folk appear to have missed the point that the Hamilton game is in.........................

HAMILTON!!!!! :greengrin

I'm heading up that day, and theroetically could make it, but my g/friend would go absolutely ballistic, and frankly, a baltic December night to match us - maybe - scratch out a draw against Hamilton.

I think not.

lyonhibs
15-12-2010, 10:54 PM

The forecast from Thursday onwards is to be horrendous so it's doubtful if the Kilmarnock game on Saturday will even go ahead.

It doesn't look THAT horrendous?? - Wind is due to get up a bit, but apart from that, I don't think a snow Armageddon - Mark 2 - is coming.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/dg/edinburgh_forecast_weather.html

That said, I'm currently living in a part of the world where -2 is described as "artic conditions", and "severly icy pavements" were called when they were no such thing.