PDA

View Full Version : Football Rumours

SteveHFC
13-12-2010, 01:33 PM
13 Dec 2010 00:45:21
Hibs Rumours
Hibernian news-Deal done with Dundee. .L.Griffiths to Hibs with C.Nish and £100k going to dundee

:hmmm:

easty
13-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Hibs Rumours
Hibernian news-Deal done with Dundee. .L.Griffiths to Hibs with C.Nish and £100k going to dundee

Ball Locks.

Dundee will be looking for maximum income for him, not money plus a player.....also Nish will be on more money than they'll be paying.

M11BMO
13-12-2010, 02:14 PM
:yawn:

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Ball Locks.

Dundee will be looking for maximum income for him, not money plus a player.....also Nish will be on more money than they'll be paying.

Nish is out of contract i believe in the summer. He will have to be willing to take a big drop in wages if he wants to carry on playing football for a living imho.

Hibee87
13-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Althoguh i dont ever believe anythign from FR hibs (and any other team) who want Leigh have a perfect chance to get him for a knock down price. Dundee need x amount by a certain date (not sure how much and by when) to stay alive if hibs came in and said right heres 100K upfront we get leigh in january this would guarentee there survival from the liquidators. The priority for dundee is to stay alive and IF (like i said i dont ever vbeleve FR) hibs offered 100K plus nish im sure they would bite our hands off. they get a striker in return althoguh gash in most our eyes still is a proven scorer (i dunno how) and we get a young talent for a knock down price considering they paid circa 500k for him.

i would be very surprised if the sort of deal above is not done in the next fe days/weeks wether it be hibs or someone else

essexhibee
14-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Nish is out of contract i believe in the summer. He will have to be willing to take a big drop in wages if he wants to carry on playing football for a living imho.

Agree with this.

Leigh Griffiths yes please :agree:

truehibernian
14-12-2010, 04:10 PM

Thing is BH, I don't think Colin will struggle to find a club and indeed I think if he ventures down to League 1 or top end League 2, he will earn about the same as he is with Hibs. IIRC he had the chance to go down south but chose ourselves (Barnsley is ringing a bell)......he is now at the stage where he needs a fresh final challenge in his career and one where the league is less frantic.

I feel sorry for him, but his form this season when he has been in has been nothing short of awful. Last season, against Dundee Utd (4-2 game), when he literally tripped over his own feet in the first half under no pressure had the ground full of ironic cheers. Once the irony and laughter sets in amongst the support you are fighting a wee losing battle. Colin IMHO doesn't have the heart to battle through it, nor (for me) is he showing the desire to get through it.

Compare the workrate of Trakys in his two games v Rangers and Well, with Colin's v Inverness and Saints......absolutely chalk and cheese for workrate, desire, energy and power. Being subbed for a centre half should tell him right away that CC has his own thoughts.......again, only my opinion.

Wish Nishy well wherever he goes though :agree:

RickyS
14-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Thing is BH, I don't think Colin will struggle to find a club and indeed I think if he ventures down to League 1 or top end League 2, he will earn about the same as he is with Hibs. IIRC he had the chance to go down south but chose ourselves (Barnsley is ringing a bell)......he is now at the stage where he needs a fresh final challenge in his career and one where the league is less frantic.

I feel sorry for him, but his form this season when he has been in has been nothing short of awful. Last season, against Dundee Utd (4-2 game), when he literally tripped over his own feet in the first half under no pressure had the ground full of ironic cheers. Once the irony and laughter sets in amongst the support you are fighting a wee losing battle. Colin IMHO doesn't have the heart to battle through it, nor (for me) is he showing the desire to get through it.

Compare the workrate of Trakys in his two games v Rangers and Well, with Colin's v Inverness and Saints......absolutely chalk and cheese for workrate, desire, energy and power. Being subbed for a centre half should tell him right away that CC has his own thoughts.......again, only my opinion.

i always liked the work rate of Courier, he defined defending from the front. Why Nish thinks he can get away without putting in a shift is beyond me.

sesoim
14-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Who is this Leigh Griffiths? I've never heard him mentioned on Hibs.net before.

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2010, 09:49 PM

I disagree, i cant see anyone decent wanting him now, especially if they have scouted him?

RickyS
14-12-2010, 10:04 PM
I disagree, i cant see anyone decent wanting him now, especially if they have scouted him?

Terry Butcher admitted recently he goes on the word of people he trusts cos Caley can't afford to scout players so maybe thats his best bet:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Terry Butcher admitted recently he goes on the word of people he trusts cos Caley can't afford to scout players so maybe thats his best bet:greengrin

Oh well, thats that knackered then.:wink:

aberhibsfc
16-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Hibs Rumours

As much as I would like to see Leigh back at ER, I can't see this happening for several reasons.

1 - Administrators will want maximum cash only
2 - I am not sure the Administrators could legally sign a new player having recently make players redundant
3 - Nish may not want to go to the 1st Div
4 - Nish may not want to go to an employer that could make him unemployed
5 - Nish may get better offers elsewhere
6 - Calderwood may not want him to leave
7 - Calderwood may not want Leigh
8 - Hibs may not be in a position to pay the desired fee
9 - Hibs may not be able to offer the desired salary
10 - Leigh may get better offers elsewhere
11 - Hearts are always interested in players we're interested in
12 - Rumour is complete bollox

Or there's no smoke without fire. Even if Hibs wanted this deal, the rumour may still be fabricated pish.

Brads Laing
16-12-2010, 05:57 PM
:hilarious :top marks

Phil D. Rolls
17-12-2010, 02:08 PM

aberhibsfc
17-12-2010, 02:49 PM

We'll I can't imagine Dundee having much in the coffers. I get that Nish may not be the most gifted player but if Hibs let him go in the summer, I won't be too surprised if he pops up somewhere in the SPL.

Cropley10
17-12-2010, 03:09 PM
As much as I would like to see Leigh back at ER, I can't see this happening

Because it's on Football Rumours.

Anyone can post anything on football rumours right?

easty
17-12-2010, 03:12 PM
We'll I can't imagine Dundee having much in the coffers. I get that Nish may not be the most gifted player but if Hibs let him go in the summer, I won't be too surprised if he pops up somewhere in the SPL.

Yep. Other than Hearts and the Old Firm I wouldnt be surprised to see him at any other SPL side.

cam75
17-12-2010, 04:05 PM
As much as I would like to see Leigh back at ER, I can't see this happening for several reasons.

1 - Administrators will want maximum cash only
2 - I am not sure the Administrators could legally sign a new player having recently make players redundant
3 - Nish may not want to go to the 1st Div
4 - Nish may not want to go to an employer that could make him unemployed
6 - Calderwood may not want him to leave
7 - Calderwood may not want Leigh
8 - Hibs may not be in a position to pay the desired fee
9 - Hibs may not be able to offer the desired salary
10 - Leigh may get better offers elsewhere
11 - Hearts are always interested in players we're interested in
12 - Rumour is complete bollox

Or there's no smoke without fire. Even if Hibs wanted this deal, the rumour may still be fabricated pish.

im sure its callum murry that holds his contract not Dundee?

jgl07
17-12-2010, 04:13 PM
im sure its callum murry that holds his contract not Dundee?
Rubbish.

Third party ownership of players' contracts is not allowed.

PS who is calum murry?

allezsauzee
17-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Nish will not need to drop down a division. On the assumption that he won't stay at Hibs, he'll be wanted by other SPL teams

jdships
17-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Rubbish.

Third party ownership of players' contracts is not allowed.

PS who is calum murry?

Is Calum Murray not the Administrator of Dundee FC ?
He rherefore will probably hold the registrations as the Club Sedretary has no powers of authority

aberhibsfc
17-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Because it's on Football Rumours.

Anyone can post anything on football rumours right?

Alright, it doesn't mean it's not a possibility, I guess I've become a bit negative when it comes to rumours. Most of the time they are nonsense.

jgl07
17-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Is Calum Murray not the Administrator of Dundee FC ?
He rherefore will probably hold the registrations as the Club Secretary has no powers of authority
If that's the case he will hold them purely on behalf of the club and their creditors. It will have little impact on what is likely to happen.

He will be looking to either sell the club as a going concern or else obtain the maximum returns from sale of assets.

That will probably mean transferring any salable assets during to transfer window to raise cash to pay wages for those remaining so as to give more time to find someone to take them out of administration.

I assume that Griffiths is one of the best paid players at the club as well as one of their few genuine assets.

jdships
17-12-2010, 07:26 PM
If that's the case he will hold them purely on behalf of the club and their creditors. It will have little impact on what is likely to happen.

He will be looking to either sell the club as a going concern or else obtain the maximum returns from sale of assets.

That will probably mean transferring any salable assets during to transfer window to raise cash to pay wages for those remaining so as to give more time to find someone to take them out of administration.

I assume that Griffiths is one of the best paid players at the club as well as one of their few genuine assets.

Thanks for that