(((Fergus)))
13-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Hearts playing some decent stuff according to this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9279937.stm

Pretty Boy
13-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Hearts playing some decent stuff according to this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9279937.stm

It pains me to see it but from the few bits and pieces i've seen of Hearts this season it looks like fat Jim has them playing some pretty good stuff. Except that Killie game of course..

easty
13-12-2010, 01:36 PM
It pains me to see it but from the few bits and pieces i've seen of Hearts this season it looks like fat Jim has them playing some pretty good stuff. Except that Killie game of course..

True. I expect they'll break Inverness' outstanding away record this weekend as well.

Jeffries has them playing well, but more importantly they're getting the results.

I HATE THAT FAT JAMBO BASSA!!!:grr:

Stevie Reid
13-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Looking very impressive, and proves how naive the comments from many on here that Jefferies would have them playing hoofball were. The team he built in 1998 played excellent stuff, and I fear that he has the resources to do similar this time.

truehibernian
13-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Introduce pace to any team and you have a chance to play they way they are playing. Always solid enough defensively, however thay have pace and power all over the pitch. The important thing to remember though is that they have taken around 3 seasons to get where they are. Injuries to Templeton, Skacel or (can't believe I am saying this) Zaliukas, and we will see if they have the same form. Their squad has depth though. JJ has done well, but clearly Romanov is still throwing money at the team.

They are a good, good side though. Nothing is static or side to side. Very pacey and direct.

If we can get some pace into our side, and with some key midfield/winger additions, I think we could easily deliver the same kind of performances. Not this season though. The clear-out will happen and I think CC is looking at putting together a completely new side IMO. Can't happen soon enough for me.

easty
13-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Introduce pace to any team and you have a chance to play they way they are playing. Always solid enough defensively, however thay have pace and power all over the pitch. The important thing to remember though is that they have taken around 3 seasons to get where they are. Injuries to Templeton, Skacel or (can't believe I am saying this) Zaliukas, and we will see if they have the same form. Their squad has depth though. JJ has done well, but clearly Romanov is still throwing money at the team.

They are a good, good side though. Nothing is static or side to side. Very pacey and direct.

If we can get some pace into our side, and with some key midfield/winger additions, I think we could easily deliver the same kind of performances. Not this season though. The clear-out will happen and I think CC is looking at putting together a completely new side IMO. Can't happen soon enough for me.

We can say "wait till they pick up injuries" but then they can throw that Wallace, Driver and Obua have been missing for ages right back at us. Plus, how long did they have to do without Stephen Elliot and Zaliukas?

truehibernian
13-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Very true mate, that is why I also added they have depth of squad that we don't.

Ask any intelligent Hearts fan though (some exist), and they will say Driver is hit or miss, as is Obua at times. There can be no argument that the introduction of Templeton and Skacel, along with a settled frontline of Kyle and Elliot, is reaping rewards.

Wallace is a class full back however, and I can't see Lee at Hearts for much longer if truth be told.

al bundy
13-12-2010, 03:00 PM
it looks like fat jim knows how to play a bit

Diclonius
13-12-2010, 03:23 PM
If that's the case, can't we do what they normally do in derbies and send out a team to kick the **** out of them and grab the odd goal?

Could be worth a try. :cool2:

NAE NOOKIE
13-12-2010, 04:40 PM
If that's the case, can't we do what they normally do in derbies and send out a team to kick the **** out of them and grab the odd goal?

Could be worth a try. :cool2:

If Hibs were capable of kicking the crap out of the Yams we would have done it by now. Thats always been the problem, no matter how good or sheeoit the Yams have been and no matter how good we are, they always seem capable of out muscling Hibs and I dont see that changing with the team of lightweights we currently have. :bitchy:

Diclonius
13-12-2010, 05:28 PM
If Hibs were capable of kicking the crap out of the Yams we would have done it by now. Thats always been the problem, no matter how good or sheeoit the Yams have been and no matter how good we are, they always seem capable of out muscling Hibs and I dont see that changing with the team of lightweights we currently have. :bitchy:

That's because we always put out a team that isn't capable of that.

This XI might give them a run for their money.

Brown

Hart Dickoh Hanlon Grounds

Bamba

de Graaf Thicot Murray Rankin

Trakys

mjhibby
13-12-2010, 07:46 PM
That's because we always put out a team that isn't capable of that.

This XI might give them a run for their money.

Brown

Hart Dickoh Hanlon Grounds

Bamba

de Graaf Thicot Murray Rankin

Trakys

Hertz are getting everything going for them like we did at this time last season.the penalty at the saintees,hamilton missing one and missing loads of chances,the deflected goal against celtic then the sending off.Plus their two most difficult fixtures,well and rangers away being postponed.I still reckon there is not a lot between teams outside rangers and celtic and come the end of january expect the pack to have tightened up with us having got a few points on board.they are too far ahead of us to catch this season but am confident calderwood and adams will bring back the good times.Just remember this time last season we wondered if we could be second and see where we are now.
Teams will suss out jumbos tactics soon enough and deploy like with like and normal service will be resumed.Hertz have at times been brutal to watch and beating a dons team totally lacking in confidence was inevitable.It says something how poor scottish football is that they are third in the league with first div players and huddies like kyle.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Looking at the state we are in can we stop comparing ourselves to them? The game at ER was embarassing, lets sort ourselves out and see what happens. They have 3rd sown up at the moment as far as I can see. At the same time we are poo poo!

Bishop Hibee
13-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Hearts beat us at a canter to be honest. They've stepped up a gear when Zaluikas came back from injury and have played well since.

Long way to go in the season though. One bad performance/result and any team in this league can start to struggle.

hibsbollah
13-12-2010, 09:05 PM
The thing I hate is how good they look going forward. They actually look skilful too-Stephen Elliotts backheel from the touchline through two defenders straight into the path of a teammate is something, lets face it, we should be doing and they shouldnt be capable of. Bassas.

Hibercelona
13-12-2010, 09:16 PM
I hate them, but couldn't pin a bad word on them in terms of on pitch performances at the moment.

They are dangerous, constant, determined & (:jamboak:) good to watch! :grr:

They are doing everything on the pitch that we should be doing and they shouldn't!

From what I can see, we have a very stable business without any football... :boo hoo:

Hamish
14-12-2010, 08:53 AM
They have a fairly stable squad and the big thing just now, confidence. This can change quickly though.

JimBHibees
14-12-2010, 10:14 AM
A long way to go until New Years day with alot of games close together so any team can get 2 or 3 players out injured or suspended. The worry would be our very small squad and with it looking like Duffy isnt going to play a part over the festive operiod our options up front are sparse to say the least. I think I would be trying to make sure Byrne can at least be on the bench for the derby.

Bear in mind they were playing Aberdeen who are a shambles at the moment, lets see how they get on tonight in what is a difficult away game.

bawheid
14-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Bear in mind they were playing Aberdeen who are a shambles at the moment, lets see how they get on tonight in what is a difficult away game.

The problem being that the shambles were 4-0 up against us after an hour!

JimBHibees
14-12-2010, 11:28 AM
The problem being that the shambles were 4-0 up against us after an hour!

Always look on the bright side eh. :faf:

robinhood
14-12-2010, 11:45 AM
We are at times playing excellent football and the points raised about the pace int he side are bang on the money. Any team in this league with the sort of pace we have going forward are going to be a threat.

Tonights game is massive, a win there and we go 3 behind Celtic and the confidence that will come from it will hopefully spur us on.

Personally I would be very happy with a point from a venue that has been very very difficult for us in the recent past.

MSK
14-12-2010, 12:00 PM
We are at times playing excellent football and the points raised about the pace int he side are bang on the money. Any team in this league with the sort of pace we have going forward are going to be a threat.

Tonights game is massive, a win there and we go 3 behind Celtic and the confidence that will come from it will hopefully spur us on.

Personally I would be very happy with a point from a venue that has been very very difficult for us in the recent past.Personally i hope ye get ****ed ...:agree:

Bristolhibby
14-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Personally i hope ye get ****ed ...:agree:

Seconded.

J

Hibercelona
14-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Seconded.

J

Thirded

WH

bruno
14-12-2010, 12:40 PM
To be honest we are on a run but still carrying a little luck. We were pretty poor against both St Johnstone and Hamilton and we have managed to paly a settled team with no new injuries. I don't think nwe were at all lucky against Celtic and we NEVER beat teams 5-0 no matter how poor they are.

All in all as Hibs found out last year winning and playing well breeds confidence and results are achieved when they may not have been earlier in the season.

The real test comes when we lose a game ( or 3 ) remember it is not long ago we were humiliated 3-0 at home to Kilmarnock who were then bottom of the league. They have subsequently responded with a great run which backs up a point made by an earlier poster about runs breeding confidence and the by product is good results.

We are playing 2 midfielders at full back so far from perfect but the difference is Skacel and more importantly to me Steven Elliott who gives us pace, link up play, fight and defends well from the front too.

seanraff07
14-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Thirded

WH

Fourthed :greengrin

Sir David Gray
14-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Personally i hope ye get ****ed ...:agree:

Fifthed, sixthed and :0::7:thed.

Come on ye Well! :agree:

Mac
14-12-2010, 02:45 PM