lapsedhibee
12-12-2010, 11:32 PM
What's he done now? MOTD2 too squeamish to show it to viewers. :dunno:

Judas Iscariot
12-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Every team needs a Barton :agree:

Removed
12-12-2010, 11:52 PM
So he grabbed his nuts and gestured that Torres needed to grow a pair. Big deal :yawn:

lapsedhibee
13-12-2010, 07:17 AM
So he grabbed his nuts and gestured that Torres needed to grow a pair. Big deal :yawn:

Is that aw? Why did MOTD2 make a point of saying that it shouldn't be shown? (I thought they were hinting there was some sort of verbal abuse.) What point were they trying to make? :confused:

magpie1892
13-12-2010, 07:18 AM
What's he done now? MOTD2 too squeamish to show it to viewers. :dunno:

Re: your headline. Can you like me to where Barton or someone on his behalf is claiming to be misunderstood/victimised 'again'? I must have missed that story.

Thanks.

magpie1892
13-12-2010, 07:32 AM
Is that aw? Why did MOTD2 make a point of saying that it shouldn't be shown? (I thought they were hinting there was some sort of verbal abuse.) What point were they trying to make? :confused:

That it's Barton, therefore reaches levels of evil intent never previously seen on the football field. I think he's a bit of an arse (canny player when fit/not in jail, mind) but this continued vilification on the most spurious pretexts says more about the likes of the BBC than it does Barton.

They tried the same sort of thing a few months ago when Barton's goal celebration mime that he was going to shave off his moustache became a 'Nazi salute outrage'. Certainly it did to the preposterous Guardian's equally preposterous (and Sunderland programme contributor) Louise Taylor who, when I challenged her about her 'piece', actually admitted she hadn't seen the 'incident' but had been asked to write about it. Tells you everything, that, I'm just astonished I got this admission in writing...

Newcastle = Northerners = fair game

Skanko79
13-12-2010, 07:34 AM
The guy was doing alot more than gesturing that Torres should grow a pair. He went on for about 5 minutes blatantly obviously gesturing towards Torres that he likes the boaby. As amusing as it was there is no place for that in the game, esspecially when kids are at the game and will be watching on the telly.

IMO Barton is a twat. Had potential at City but made a complete idiot of himself. He clearly has no brain and his punch at gamst pederson the other week was out of order, not to mention his racial abuse aimed at an aston villa player (think it was agbonlahor or young) 2 seasons ago should have seen the muppet banned for good.

magpie1892
13-12-2010, 07:56 AM
The guy was doing alot more than gesturing that Torres should grow a pair. He went on for about 5 minutes blatantly obviously gesturing towards Torres that he likes the boaby. As amusing as it was there is no place for that in the game, esspecially when kids are at the game and will be watching on the telly.

IMO Barton is a twat. Had potential at City but made a complete idiot of himself. He clearly has no brain and his punch at gamst pederson the other week was out of order, not to mention his racial abuse aimed at an aston villa player (think it was agbonlahor or young) 2 seasons ago should have seen the muppet banned for good.

Barton is a twat but 'about 5 minutes' goes past exaggeration into the realms of lying. Additionally, the racial abuse claim was closed by the FA so not sure why you think he should have been 'banned for good'. As such, it's hard to take anything you say seriously.

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-12-2010, 07:56 AM
His performance on Saturday was nothing short of brilliant but agreed he is a twat

lapsedhibee
13-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Re: your headline. Can you like me to where Barton or someone on his behalf is claiming to be misunderstood/victimised 'again'? I must have missed that story.

Thanks.

See post #6 for another attempt to claim that he's victimised.

Skanko79
13-12-2010, 08:04 AM
Barton is a twat but 'about 5 minutes' goes past exaggeration into the realms of lying. Additionally, the racial abuse claim was closed by the FA so not sure why you think he should have been 'banned for good'. As such, it's hard to take anything you say seriously.

regardless of how long it was there was no need for him to be doing what he was doing. esspecialliy in front of kids. his claim was closed because the aston villa player didnt want to take action. the fa should have though as again, the tube done it in front of tv camera's. i give the guy a year or 2 and he will either be banned or back in the jail like his murderer brother.

StevieC
13-12-2010, 08:11 AM
I cant understand the point of this thread?

When McGregor received abuse for feigning injury should the spotlight have been on that instead of McGregor?

Dont see why the spotlight is on Barton in this situation, other than the fact that it's Barton.

I personally think that players that dive, feign injury and fall over at the first opportunity should receive .. errr .. "5 minutes"(?) .. of abuse.

magpie1892
13-12-2010, 08:16 AM
See post #6 for another attempt to claim that he's victimised.

Ha! Very good. Got a link though? Something in the MSM?

StevieC
13-12-2010, 08:20 AM
regardless of how long it was there was no need for him to be doing what he was doing. esspecialliy in front of kids.

God forbid footballers, or supporters, do or say anything that might upset our sensitive children at a football match. The sooner the atmosphere, and any sort of controversy, is completely removed from stadiums the better.

And as for the reference to his brother .. any need?
It's a football message board, all your post has done is highlight your prejudice.

magpie1892
13-12-2010, 08:21 AM
God forbid footballers, or supporters, do or say anything that might upset our sensitive children at a football match. The sooner the atmosphere, and any sort of controversy, is completely removed from stadiums the better.

And as for the reference to his brother .. any need?
It's a football message board, all your post has done is highlight your prejudice.

As I said, 'hard to take seriously'.

robinhood
13-12-2010, 08:41 AM
regardless of how long it was there was no need for him to be doing what he was doing. esspecialliy in front of kids. his claim was closed because the aston villa player didnt want to take action. the fa should have though as again, the tube done it in front of tv camera's. i give the guy a year or 2 and he will either be banned or back in the jail like his murderer brother.

The brother he never knew? No sure how thats Bartons fault.

StevieC
13-12-2010, 08:50 AM
He clearly has no brain

Although he came across reasonably well in his post match interview .. HERE (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=292994&fgh#quotes) .. and was good enough to dedicate his "man of the match" award to Hughton and Calderwood for all their effort and hard work at the club.

Skanko79
13-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Although he came across reasonably well in his post match interview .. HERE (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=292994&fgh#quotes) .. and was good enough to dedicate his "man of the match" award to Hughton and Calderwood for all their effort and hard work at the club.

so that makes him an angel then. very good.

jdships
13-12-2010, 08:52 AM
"Sledging" has gone on in football as in cricket for many many years .
It is part and parcel of the game wether it is played at Leith Links or the San Siro
Barton is still a numpty , but a gifted one :bitchy:

Andy74
13-12-2010, 08:53 AM
I'd love one or two Barton type players in our team right now.

The comment about kids watching is quite pathetic. If that is what football will come to then I'll be giving it a miss.

Skanko79
13-12-2010, 08:55 AM
how? i watched the game with my 11 year old son and i certainly wouldnt want him repeating what barton was doing the next time he steps onto a football pitch.

StevieC
13-12-2010, 09:07 AM
so that makes him an angel then. very good.

You're using a fair bit of artistic licence to reach the conclusion that I said that in my post, no?

:rolleyes:

You came on here and threw a lot more abuse at Barton than he threw at Torres on Saturday. I put a link up to let you, and others, put the incident in perspective.

I'd be careful though, if the FA are reading your posts you may be called in to answer to their disciplinary committee.

Skanko79
13-12-2010, 09:12 AM
You're using a fair bit of artistic licence to reach the conclusion that I said that in my post, no?

:rolleyes:

You came on here and threw a lot more abuse at Barton than he threw at Torres on Saturday. I put a link up to let you, and others, put the incident in perspective.

I'd be careful though, if the FA are reading your posts you may be called in to answer to their disciplinary committee.

The FA dont scare me in the slightest. I could probably get away with murder if i commited it, just like they have done with mr barton on many an occasion. the guys a racist animal. thats my opinion of him and it wont change. your entitled to yours an i accept that. get on with it...

magpie1892
13-12-2010, 09:15 AM
how? i watched the game with my 11 year old son and i certainly wouldnt want him repeating what barton was doing the next time he steps onto a football pitch.

I wouldn't want any child of mine over the age of, say, six years repeating your level of grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, style, content, accuracy or general inability to form a coherent argument but I'd never posit that you should be 'banned for good'.

Takes all sorts, y'see...

Skanko79
13-12-2010, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't want any child of mine over the age of, say, six years repeating your level of grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, style, content, accuracy or general inability to form a coherent argument but I'd never posit that you should be 'banned for good'.

yawn, the old "ive nothing good to say, so will resort to slagging of your grammar and punctuation"

nice one.

StevieC
13-12-2010, 09:26 AM
The FA dont scare me in the slightest. I could probably get away with murder if i commited it

We are both agreed on the ineptitude, and selective actions, of the FA then. That's a positive.

Stevie Reid
13-12-2010, 09:29 AM

You were arguing your case rather well until this pathetic post. Regardless of whether you agree with the poster's point of view, his concern regarding his son is a genuine one to him - and this is the best you can do.

magpie1892
13-12-2010, 09:42 AM
You were arguing your case rather well until this pathetic post. Regardless of whether you agree with the poster's point of view, his concern regarding his son is a genuine one to him - and this is the best you can do.

I don't agree it was a genuine concern and I'm short of time.

Apols. for letting the standard drop!

Stevie Reid
13-12-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't agree it was a genuine concern and I'm short of time.

Apols. for letting the standard drop!

I fail to see how you can disagree with his concern in this case, but I'm short of patience anyway. Regardless, you implied that a poster was stupid, purely for arguing with you - must try harder :wink:

StevieC
13-12-2010, 09:51 AM
yawn, the old "ive nothing good to say, so will resort to slagging of your grammar and punctuation"

I suppose you could say that at least Barton was resourceful enough to help Torres overcome his failings in English grammar with the introduction of sign language.

:wink:

Pretty Boy
13-12-2010, 09:51 AM
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThinkOfTheChildren

Sir David Gray
13-12-2010, 09:57 AM
The guy is an absolute arse hole.

What he did on Saturday was extremely vulgar and whilst I think MOTD2 went a bit far in refusing to show it (since it was aired after 11pm and well after the watershed), there are no excuses for that kind of behaviour when there would have been thousands of young children watching that match on Saturday night. :bitchy:

It's apology after apology from him but he never learns from his past behaviour and his next misdemeanour always seems to be just around the corner.

Time to grow up Joey, you're 28 years old now.

Hamish
13-12-2010, 10:16 AM
"Sledging" has gone on in football as in cricket for many many years .
It is part and parcel of the game wether it is played at Leith Links or the San Siro
Barton is still a numpty , but a gifted one :bitchy:

Leith Franklin Accies Beige Cricket Club - sledging? - not to my knowledge

Jack
13-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Leith Franklin Accies Beige Cricket Club - sledging? - not to my knowledge

Oh yes they do. Or they try. They're just not very good at it.

Unless there's been a big change over the last couple of years.

M11BMO
13-12-2010, 10:20 AM
I don't really see what's so bad about it. If anything it added to the entertainment.

He's half a girl and half a boy, Torres Torres
He looks just like a transvestite, Torres Torres
He wears a frock, he likes the c*ck, sells his arse on Albert Dock
Fernando Torres, Carraghers bit on the side!

:whistle:

Hamish
13-12-2010, 10:21 AM
QUOTE=Jack;2659780]Oh yes they do. Or they try. They're just not very good at it.

Unless there's been a big change over the last couple of years.[/QUOTE]

:greengrin

Hibernian Verse
13-12-2010, 10:34 AM
He clearly has no brain

He'd fit in nicely on .net then.

Top footballers surely have brains, what a stupid statement.

Skanko79
13-12-2010, 10:50 AM
He'd fit in nicely on .net then.

Top footballers surely have brains, what a stupid statement.

the majority of top footballers do have brains yes. this tube is no where near a top footballer and is a complete halfwit to boot.

Pretty Boy
13-12-2010, 10:52 AM
After seeing the reaction on here and having been denied the chance to see it on MOTD2 thanks to the BBCs censorship i had to go and look up this incident for myself. Seriously can't see what all the fuss is about. Yes, it's a bit crude but it's hardly crime of the century.

Whilst i'm sure those who don't want their kids seeing that kind of behaviour have the best of intentions, i hate to break it to you but if school is anything like it was when i was still a boy they will see and hear far worse in the playground everyday.

If any other player had behaved like that there would barely have been a mention or it would have been cause for a bit of a laugh but because it's Barton it becomes a scandal. Yes, the guys an idiot, yes he needs to grow up but it seems people are just desperate to put the boot in at every opportunity.

M11BMO
13-12-2010, 11:13 AM
After seeing the reaction on here and having been denied the chance to see it on MOTD2 thanks to the BBCs censorship i had to go and look up this incident for myself. Seriously can't see what all the fuss is about. Yes, it's a bit crude but it's hardly crime of the century.

Whilst i'm sure those who don't want their kids seeing that kind of behaviour have the best of intentions, i hate to break it to you but if school is anything like it was when i was still a boy they will see and hear far worse in the playground everyday.

If any other player had behaved like that there would barely have been a mention or it would have been cause for a bit of a laugh but because it's Barton it becomes a scandal. Yes, the guys an idiot, yes he needs to grow up but it seems people are just desperate to put the boot in at every opportunity.

Nail. On. Head. :top marks

Hibbie_Cameron
13-12-2010, 12:53 PM

:top marks

He was also fantastic on saturday night, im turning into a fan

hibee92
13-12-2010, 02:29 PM
best player on the park by a mile, possibly newcastle's best player this season :agree:

the "incident" has been taken too far because of his history and i can guarantee if someone like jimmy bullard for example had done this, it would've been shown over and over and applauded.

as for the "murderer brother" statement... idiotic and immature

anyone with half a brain can see the talent he has, but you've clearly not watched joey play this season, rather waited for an opportunity to strike him down if you think he isn't a top footballer.

JimBHibees
13-12-2010, 02:58 PM
best player on the park by a mile, possibly newcastle's best player this season :agree:

the "incident" has been taken too far because of his history and i can guarantee if someone like jimmy bullard for example had done this, it would've been shown over and over and applauded.

as for the "murderer brother" statement... idiotic and immature

anyone with half a brain can see the talent he has, but you've clearly not watched joey play this season, rather waited for an opportunity to strike him down if you think he isn't a top footballer.

He is a talent however he really doesnt help himself and you would have thought he would have used a bit of common sense having just got back from a 3 game ban. Wouldnt be surprised if the FA or EPL banned him again for this.

J-C
13-12-2010, 03:15 PM
can't see much wrong with Barton here, his team mate was getting an earful from Torres, Barton jumped in to help out his mate and told \torres in no uncertain way that he thought he was a tool, big deal.

magpie1892
13-12-2010, 03:21 PM
the majority of top footballers do have brains yes. this tube is no where near a top footballer and is a complete halfwit to boot.

Admittedly I didn't cover myself in glory earlier but you're doing it again - exposing ignorance. I can concur that Barton is a 'tube' as you put it, but to say he is 'no where (sic) near a top footballer' only indicates you need to watch a lot more football...

M11BMO
13-12-2010, 03:31 PM
He is a talent however he really doesnt help himself and you would have thought he would have used a bit of common sense having just got back from a 3 game ban. Wouldnt be surprised if the FA or EPL banned him again for this.

No chance.

magpie1892
13-12-2010, 03:48 PM
No chance.

I think you misunderestimate :wink: Barton's role as the bogeyman of the FA. Scouse, gobby, plays for a northern club, jailbird, etc. Tailor made for anyone in authority who wants to score cheap points.

Skanko79
13-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Admittedly I didn't cover myself in glory earlier but you're doing it again - exposing ignorance. I can concur that Barton is a 'tube' as you put it, but to say he is 'no where (sic) near a top footballer' only indicates you need to watch a lot more football...

I would say you are the one that needs to watch a bit more football if you think he's a good player. As i said earlier, he had the potential to become a great player when at Man City but dug himself into a hole and missed far to much due to his attitude and getting sent to prison.

M11BMO
13-12-2010, 04:00 PM
I would say you are the one that needs to watch a bit more football if you think he's a good player. As i said earlier, he had the potential to become a great player when at Man City but dug himself into a hole and missed far to much due to his attitude and getting sent to prison.

Must be a good player to be playing in the EPL week in, week out. Just a thought.:rolleyes:

Then again Colin Nish plays in Scotlands top league...

magpie1892
13-12-2010, 04:12 PM

We'll agree to differ. I'll firmly ally myself to what 'football people' say about Barton; hugely suspect (and then some) temperament, hugely talented. When he's on his game he's top class. I admit I've seen him only twice this season as I am 3,200 miles from SJP but I'm confident in my analysis.

LamontHFC©
13-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Anyone got a link to the incident?

Can't seen to find it on youtube..

StevieC
13-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Anyone got a link to the incident?

Something along the lines of ...

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9551/joeybarton51.jpg

I know, I know .. it's disgraceful!

My apologies to the parents of any children that may have viewed this.

Did anyone just see Rooney tell the linesman to **** off??? Should we start a seperate thread for that? I'm sure there will be parents up and down the country phoning Talksport as we speak.

Maybe this is Barton pre-empting a community service verdict today ...

Barton in Hospital (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1338259/Joey-Barton-plays-Santa-Newcastle-hospital.html)

smurf
14-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Barton has a past. That's true. Barton is no angel. That's also probably true.

But i'd love a bit of his type at ER right now that's for sure.

Indeed i think NUFC this season on the park should be what "Col" looks to replicate at ER.

lapsedhibee
14-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Barton has a past. That's true. Barton is no angel. That's also probably true.

Yes, probably, where the probability is 1

smurf
14-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Yes, probably, where the probability is 1

What difference does it make?

Next time any Hibs player scores a goal or does something pretty exceptional (ok i've taken that too far...) i must remember, not to enjoy it, or celebrate, until i check that they are, and always have been whiter than white.

Gus
14-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Barton on his game is a fantastic player who wouldn't look out of place in any team in the premier league....fact

but all the other stuff that he does means he will never get to play for a bigger team challenging for honours. (no offence to Newcastle fans)

Torres will take it on the chin (the abuse not Bartons boaby) he is a World Cup winner and will no doubt go on to win more silverware on the world stage, Barton however will not & sadly thats not because he doesnt have the ability.

JimBHibees
14-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Barton on his game is a fantastic player who wouldn't look out of place in any team in the premier league....fact

but all the other stuff that he does means he will never get to play for a bigger team challenging for honours. (no offence to Newcastle fans)

Torres will take it on the chin (the abuse not Bartons boaby) he is a World Cup winner and will no doubt go on to win more silverware on the world stage, Barton however will not & sadly thats not because he doesnt have the ability.

While much of that being the case there is no way Barton has anywhere near the ability of Torres.

lapsedhibee
14-12-2010, 03:21 PM
What difference does it make?

Next time any Hibs player scores a goal or does something pretty exceptional (ok i've taken that too far...) i must remember, not to enjoy it, or celebrate, until i check that they are, and always have been whiter than white.

:agree: If Barton wants to urinate on opponents to demonstrate his contempt he should be free to do so without any of this carping from moralistas.

Leishy1995
14-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Bein fair to Barton.

A young scott brown tried to wind up paul hartley in a derby match with a big kiss.

Is Hibernian homophobia ok, Barton telling El Nino a tackles a tackle is nothing. Man up. Barring the jail sentance, the pederson, I as a young player would LOVE to have the balls Barton has. No fear and a great player when focused. At Least he is a player worth the money he earns because of his passion.

Telling people to grow a pair is liking slaging paul hartley for being gay. We all done it. Song the song etc. Yet we forget when it comes from outwith Easter Road.

Being fair Barton does do things that deserve pulling up and somethings that are great pieces of education on how to play the beautiful game with passion.

Come on lads we hate divers too.

:taxi just in case.