PDA

View Full Version : 12th man/singing section idea

Lofarl
12-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Ok I'm gonna guess that the answer to this question is a firm no but. An idea popped into my head as to how to bring a bit more visual flair to ER. Now I know that flares are a no no as are vuvuzelas and halfwits banging drums. But picture this.

A evening game where we can bring glowsticks. Imagine a few hundred hibees waving about green and White glowsticks. It would look quite impressive I think.

So two questions.

Are glowsticks allowed at football games?

Anyone know where we can get a load of glowsticks aside from robbing a nightclub?

Hibbyradge
12-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Ok I'm gonna guess that the answer to this question is a firm no but. An idea popped into my head as to how to bring a bit more visual flair to ER. Now I know that flares are a no no as are vuvuzelas and halfwits banging drums. But picture this.

A evening game where we can bring glowsticks. Imagine a few hundred hibees waving about green and White glowsticks. It would look quite impressive I think.

So two questions.

Anyone know where we can get a load of glowsticks aside from robbing a nightclub?

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/16900000/Epic-Fail-epic-fail-16955538-500-370.jpg

:greengrin

Riordans Boots
12-12-2010, 11:18 PM
:dunno:

But deffo can be bought in bulk ...

http://www.glow-sticks.org/Glow-Sticks-6-Inch-Individually-Wrapped.html

Dunbar Hibee
12-12-2010, 11:21 PM
:faf::greengrin Maybe we can take some whistles too and shout 'ooit ooit' :wink:

Removed
12-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Great idea but what happens when the first one gets thrown on the pitch? Just being realistic because it would end up happening at some point. Next thing the stewards will be instructed to search for and confiscate them. Would be another case of the idiotic minority spoiling it.

Worth a try though. Would like to see it from where I sit in FF lower :coolhib:

Hibbyradge
12-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Great idea but what happens when the first one gets thrown on the pitch? Just being realistic because it would end up happening at some point. Next thing the stewards will be instructed to search for and confiscate them. Would be another case of the idiotic minority spoiling it.

Worth a try though. Would like to see it from where I sit in FF lower :coolhib:

Would it not lose it's effect under the floodlights.

Glow lights are most effective in the dark.

Removed
12-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Would it not lose it's effect under the floodlights.

Glow lights are most effective in the dark.

Can't remember what it looks like up the back of the East now with the floodlights on :dunno:

A flare or two would be ten times better though but the H&S brigade have put a stop to all of that unfortunately

Jack
13-12-2010, 07:21 AM
I don’t see any reason why glo-sticks shouldn’t be allowed into the ground and I don’t see why they should be thrown on to the pitch any more than any other rubbish. I bought a load off ebay some years ago and was surprised at how cheap they were in comparison to buying them in a shop or from a street trader.

I’m not sure how effective they would be [in the new East]. Its well lit and added to the glare from the floodlights might make any ‘show’ a tad ineffective. You could take a couple along to a game and if a mate in the West, or FF, can see them then it would / might be worth a shot for a bigger display.

They might be more useful in Petrie Plaza (behind the East) if they forget to put the lights on again as we are leaving!

Skanko79
13-12-2010, 07:28 AM
why not go the full distance and get some whistles, bits of cardboard with "tune" written on them, get the half time music to be by TTF, QFX and Ultrasonic and get Barry Lavety out his nut and involved as well.

Stick to the singing lads :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2010, 08:37 AM
why not go the full distance and get some whistles, bits of cardboard with "tune" written on them, get the half time music to be by TTF, QFX and Ultrasonic and get Barry Lavety out his nut and involved as well.

Stick to the singing lads :thumbsup:

A genuine laugh out loud moment. :top marks:faf:

Houchy
13-12-2010, 09:00 AM
We could get rid of the "Hibees Bounce" and start doing Big Fish Little Fish, Cardboard Box and wearing white boiler suits too. Maybe get F***** on E's too then we'll not give a flying one about how Nishy can't stay onside or off his backside.

Bollocks, it always comes back to Colin Nish:rolleyes::greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
13-12-2010, 09:07 AM
what about this, the next time sunshine on Leith is played, we all raise our lighters, sway from side to side, with the said lighter flickering,to create a really warm feel good factor.....:wink:

Thomson1875
13-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Not really the greatest idea as it wouldnt really be dark enough would it? Unless we did what Man city do vs man utd, By turning the lights out and singing blue moon with a blue moon lighting up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YukJzuJFpwE

green in white all around the ground would look superb but never going to happen imo.

ronaldo7
13-12-2010, 06:39 PM
what about this, the next time sunshine on Leith is played, we all raise our lighters, sway from side to side, with the said lighter flickering,to create a really warm feel good factor.....:wink:

The groundsman at ER is still looking for mine:boo hoo:

.Sean.
13-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Excellent idea :agree:

Perhaps somebody could suggest to the club that we should install a 'swedger stall' in the East for the occassion aswell?

lyonhibs
13-12-2010, 09:07 PM
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/16900000/Epic-Fail-epic-fail-16955538-500-370.jpg

:faf::faf:

Mixu62
13-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Is this in retaliation for the suggested gazoo orchestra at tynie?!:faf:

Antifa Hibs
14-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Excellent idea :agree:

Perhaps somebody could suggest to the club that we should install a 'swedger stall' in the East for the occassion aswell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cehjb3VfwLM

Half-time at a Feyenoord

Reckon Petrie would allow this in the East stand concourse?

Saorsa
14-12-2010, 11:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cehjb3VfwLM

Half-time at a Feyenoord

Reckon Petrie would allow this in the East stand concourse?

:greengrinThat looks like fun and people enjoying themselves so definitely wouldnae be allowed here :yawn:

iwasthere1972
14-12-2010, 11:58 AM

I believe the players are being equipped with lighters as they keep losing their matches. :greengrin

Ritchie
14-12-2010, 11:59 AM

So two questions.

someones been watching too much X Factor! :agree: