PDA

View Full Version : Steven Thicot

Ferryhibby
12-12-2010, 11:51 AM
been reading the article in the sunday ranger just wondering why he was actually in it, a pretty much nothing story about Nasri waltzing through Fulhams defence and him saying he would have stopped him, then it dawned on me he's one of the ones whos contracts up in the summer and free to talk to anyone in jan. Good work by the agent getting his name in the paper and reminding other managers of who he's played with but, wouldnt he be worth another contract at Hibs and a run in the team? each of the past few times i've seen him, st mirren game apart, hes done a decent job and looked ok.

Sir David Gray
12-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Absolutely not.

If we are to progress as a club, we need to get rid of players like Thicot and bring in better.

RickyS
12-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Absolutely not.

If we are to progress as a club, we need to get rid of players like Thicot and bring in better.
:agree: not good enough

basehibby
12-12-2010, 12:23 PM
been reading the article in the sunday ranger just wondering why he was actually in it, a pretty much nothing story about Nasri waltzing through Fulhams defence and him saying he would have stopped him, then it dawned on me he's one of the ones whos contracts up in the summer and free to talk to anyone in jan. Good work by the agent getting his name in the paper and reminding other managers of who he's played with but, wouldnt he be worth another contract at Hibs and a run in the team? each of the past few times i've seen him, st mirren game apart, hes done a decent job and looked ok.

Thicot has put in the odd good performance but has managed to follow that up with an error ridden display with stunning regularity. He's had a few seaons to break through into the 1st team now - barring an unprecedentedly consistent run to the benefit of the first team I'd say it'll be time to part ways this summer.

easty
12-12-2010, 01:20 PM

Thicot would certainly have stopped Nasri, in my opinion. With one of his trademark terrible tackles that would have led to a freekick/penalty.

Thicot doesn't deserve a new deal and he won't get one.

SneakersO'Toole
12-12-2010, 03:41 PM
The fact that he hasn't been able to establish a place in the starting 11 under 3 different managers says everything really.

Time to go.

Toaods
12-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Thicot is actually a solid enough defender when facing an opponent coming directly at him hence his good displays usually come when we're under the cosh against the better teams.

It's when he gets the wrong side of his man the lack of pace usually requires a desperate lunge.

Iggy Pope
12-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Thicot is actually a solid enough defender when facing an opponent coming directly at him hence his good displays usually come when we're under the cosh against the better teams.

It's when he gets the wrong side of his man the lack of pace usually requires a desperate lunge.

Fundamental that though Toaods. His lack of speed (in movement and thought) is why he needs binned.

MontrealHibs
12-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Steven - is that you?

IWasThere2016
12-12-2010, 06:47 PM
The fact that he hasn't been able to establish a place in the starting 11 under 3 different managers says everything really.

Time to go.

And for 30 months also .. Like him but he's not done nearly enough to merit a new deal IMHO

DH1875
12-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Was he not the captain of France's team when they won the youth championships with players like Benzema and Nasri. Can remember being quite amazed at the time we signed him as he was ment to be one of their stars of the future.
Unfortunately it aint worked out like that. He's still young enough so maybe another year but word to the wise. He aint no right back.

Sumner
12-12-2010, 07:47 PM
A penalty giving, dreaming, tactically naive journeyman = OUT asap :agree:

Woody1985
12-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Can you be classed as a journeyman so young? :greengrin

Toaods
12-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Fundamental that though Toaods. His lack of speed (in movement and thought) is why he needs binned.

totally agree but can see what he was implying he believes he would have done in the same situaton. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Not good enough, had more than enough chances. Get rid.

500miles
13-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Not good enough, had more than enough chances. Get rid.

Aye, loads. At right back.:cool2:

I'm not saying keep him, but he's hardly had any great shake of the stick.

hibee62
13-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Aye, loads. At right back.:cool2:

I'm not saying keep him, but he's hardly had any great shake of the stick.

Personally think he's quite a solid holding midfielder, but we do have Murray and Bamba who could fill that role. I think his passing is OK and he seems to have a hell of a hit on him, although not always that accurate...

number 27
13-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Personally think he's quite a solid holding midfielder, but we do have Murray and Bamba who could fill that role. I think his passing is OK and he seems to have a hell of a hit on him, although not always that accurate...

I think he may be seen as Murray's understudy for that role now. If he is going to make it in any position it will be that one. Personally I quite like him in that position and still think it may be worth offering one more short term deal, maybe on slightly reduced wages as a final opportunity.

truehibernian
13-12-2010, 02:18 PM
I would certainly be keeping ST at the club. Young, versatile, never really been given a run of games. Hard to judge a player who is in and out so often. Can play full back, centre half and midfield. Athletic and tall.

It's the likes of Nish, Hogg, Rankin, McBride, Smith and Stack we should be getting rid of as soon as is possible.

Diclonius
13-12-2010, 02:25 PM
He's a decent centre back and a decent defensive midfielder, but that's it. I remember seeing him have some outstanding games, particularly at ER against Celtic at the end of last season, but he's been way too inconsistent.

If he doesn't get a good run of games at some point this season then bye bye Thicot.

JimBHibees
14-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Personally think he is completely deadwood material.