PDA

View Full Version : Who is out of contract in the summer?

marleyhib
12-12-2010, 10:33 AM
I have read that there are 16 of the current squad out of contract in the summer, who are they from the squad list below? Interested to see who we will be left with!

GOALKEEPERS
----------------
Graham Stack
Graeme Smith
Mark Brown

DEFENDERS
-------------
Michael Hart
Jonathan Grounds
Chris Hogg
Francis Dickoh
Steven Thicot
Lewis Stevenson
Paul Hanlon
David Stephens
Souleymane Bamba
Lee Currie

MIDFIELDERS
---------------
Ian Murray
Merouane Zemmama
Edwin De Graaf
John Rankin
Kevin Mcbride
Danny Galbraith
David Wotherspoon
Lewis Horner
Sean Welsh
Liam Miller

FORWARDS
------------
Colin Nish
Derek Riordan
Darryl Duffy
Valdas Trakys
Scott Taggart

Sir David Gray
12-12-2010, 10:38 AM
I have read that there are 16 of the current squad out of contract in the summer, who are they from the squad list below? Interested to see who we will be left with!

GOALKEEPERS
----------------
Graham Stack
Graeme Smith
Mark Brown

DEFENDERS
-------------
Michael Hart
Jonathan Grounds
Chris Hogg
Francis Dickoh
Steven Thicot
Lewis Stevenson
Paul Hanlon
David Stephens
Souleymane Bamba
Lee Currie

MIDFIELDERS
---------------
Ian Murray
Merouane Zemmama
Edwin De Graaf
John Rankin
Kevin Mcbride
Danny Galbraith
David Wotherspoon
Lewis Horner
Sean Welsh
Liam Miller

FORWARDS
------------
Colin Nish
Derek Riordan
Darryl Duffy
Valdas Trakys
Scott Taggart

Those in bold are out of contract but I'm not sure about the young players like Welsh, Horner, Taggart etc.

Grounds is out of contract in January.

marleyhib
12-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Cheers! time's up for quite a few of those I reckon

Franck is God
12-12-2010, 10:53 AM
It's difficult to say what CC will do as he's not been at the club long but given the players he has used so far in games you could see him offering deals to Dickoh, Stevenson, Bamba and Grounds at the back. Rankin, Miller & Galbraith have featured in all of his teams so you could see them being offered deals. I think he would like to keep Riordan and Nish but realistically why would Nish stay given the abuse he gets from the fans.

Duffy & Zemmama will have the second half of the season to show the manager that they are worth a deal beyond the end of the season.

Regardless of who is offered deals there is a great chance to build a squad for the next season and you would imagine that he is not short of a few contacts in the game so who knows might arrive.

Green_one
12-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Frightening list. I thought Murray was signed up?

We could be left with boys and almost nothing else. The situation is both good and bad. Good that the manager can try to pick and choose and get others in. Bad in that we will have wholesale change , players will need to blend and we will lose some of those we want to keep for nothing at all.

Real test for CC. Cannot hide behind - not my team. One good thing is that others are clearing out too, so we may grab a bargain.

J-C
12-12-2010, 11:11 AM

We could be left with boys and almost nothing else. The situation is both good and bad. Good that the manager can try to pick and choose and get others in. Bad in that we will have wholesale change , players will need to blend and we will lose some of those we want to keep for nothing at all.

Real test for CC. Cannot hide behind - not my team. One good thing is that others are clearing out too, so we may grab a bargain.

Murray is signed up, he's not in bold.

Sir David Gray
12-12-2010, 11:14 AM

He is, that's why his name's not in bold. :wink:

As things stand just now, next season we will be left with;

Brown
Hart
Stephens
Hanlon
Murray
de Graaf
Wotherspoon

As I say, I'm not sure about the younger players but all other senior players are out of contract in the summer or, in Grounds' case, in January.

BEEJ
12-12-2010, 03:23 PM
As I say, I'm not sure about the younger players but all other senior players are out of contract in the summer or, in Grounds' case, in January.
Currie's contract is up next month; I believe Welsh's is as well, although he may be June.

I think Scott Taggart is signed up until June 2012, as is Scott Smith.

The Silver Fox
12-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Having so manyout of contract will be great for Calderwood, he will have plently more ideas in the pipeline and and will be looking to sweep a good few away and get his own players in.

martin63
13-12-2010, 08:25 AM
IIRC all the under 19's that came through were only given a short contract so the likes of Byrne etc will all be out of contract. The only exception is spoony who was handed an extension last season. Grounds and duffy are not included in the 16 as they are only loanees.

HFC 0-7
13-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Having so manyout of contract will be great for Calderwood, he will have plently more ideas in the pipeline and and will be looking to sweep a good few away and get his own players in.

Totally disagree with that. These players can all start signing pre contracts in January, and as the commitment and motivation for the team so far this season has been questionable, players playing in the team thatknow their future is elsewhere could mean even worse performances.

Add to that if they all do go, no matter how many links the manager has we still have a budget and we will still probably look for most replacements to be cheap or free. IMO, CC will have to keep players he probably wouldnt normally, purely because we wouldnt be able to replace all of them in the January and summer transfer window.