PDA

View Full Version : NHC Tevez hands in Transfer Request

DaveF
12-12-2010, 08:29 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9279311.stm

Said to be 'homesick' :rolleyes:

Sylar
12-12-2010, 08:32 AM
What odds on Tevez being a Real Madrid player before the January window closes?

Kaiser1962
12-12-2010, 08:32 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9279311.stm

Looks like Fergie had him sussed after all.

Hibernia Na Eir
12-12-2010, 09:18 AM
think the writing was on the wall last week when he flipped at getting subbed. His body language said it all.

One greedy player and he's proved it.

JoeT
12-12-2010, 09:23 AM
If there is one team that can afford to throw him in the reserves for the remainder of his contract then it's City.
More likely use him as makeweight in a deal

IWasThere2016
12-12-2010, 09:48 AM

I was thinking Barca

Sir David Gray
12-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Seems Fergie was right after all not to move Heaven and Earth to extend his contract.

Clearly a very greedy man with a massive ego to boot.

His actions last week when he got subbed, considering he is the captain, were disgraceful.

Hibbyradge
12-12-2010, 10:48 AM

I was homesick when I lived in London.

It's nothing to be sneered at.

Hibbyradge
12-12-2010, 10:50 AM

Clearly! :rolleyes:

Green_one
12-12-2010, 10:56 AM

Anyone that buys him will either want him cheap or not at all. His complaints from City have grown and go way beyond any normal moans, including not wanting to play professional football full stop.

The guy has a bad track record, like a couple of other City players. This guy is not just manouvering. He has issues. What would make him happy. Does he even know?

As someone said, Fergie has been proved right once more.

Toaods
12-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Andy Gray was just interviewd on Sky News (not sports) and his take on it is that Tevez agent is the one raking up the muck.

Been at Man City constantly for a better contract, extension, etc despite the fact he is already teh highest paid player on the books.

Tevez has had problems with his wife being homesick (even at Man Utd) that is well documented.

bingo70
12-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Maybe he is actually home sick?

If this was down to pure greed would he not just stay at whats probably the richest club in the world?

DaveF
12-12-2010, 11:05 AM
I was homesick when I lived in London.

It's nothing to be sneered at.

I don't doubt the guy is homesick to a degree but my :rolleyes: was put in as if you read the article he is soooo homesick that (if MFC are to be believed) his representatives have been trying to up his contract terms and even extend it.

The one constant in Tevez's career in England to date has been the contract shenanigans around him. Pretty much shows you where the problem lies.

J-C
12-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Tevez is a great player who throws the toys out of the pram when things don't go his way, Fergie realised this, Spain becomes I think.

Hibbyradge
12-12-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't doubt the guy is homesick to a degree but my :rolleyes: was put in as if you read the article he is soooo homesick that (if MFC are to be believed) his representatives have been trying to up his contract terms and even extend it.

The one constant in Tevez's career in England to date has been the contract shenanigans around him. Pretty much shows you where the problem lies.

I realised that after I posted. :embarrass

bingo70
12-12-2010, 11:11 AM

fair point :agree:

Recently read a couple of maradona books and he was the same, never happy anywhere, saying that spain or italy is probably better suited to a player like him.

Sir David Gray
12-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Clearly! :rolleyes:

"City say that Tevez and his agent, Kia Joorabchian, have been pushing to renegotiate the player's five-year contract in recent months."

"Carlos' current five-year contract has three-and-a-half years to run and he is the highest paid player at Manchester City Football Club."

Yes, clearly. :agree:

Antifa Hibs
12-12-2010, 11:50 AM
If he's that homesick I'm sure Boca or River Plate will give him a nice wee 20k a week contract, the whinging little **** :agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUPRR0Y3uLg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUPRR0Y3uLg)

yekimevol
12-12-2010, 11:50 AM
the one thing that i have never understood about carlos is why does he keep his family back home in argentina ? most player bring them over dont they ????

khib70
12-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Andy Gray was just interviewd on Sky News (not sports) and his take on it is that Tevez agent is the one raking up the muck.

Been at Man City constantly for a better contract, extension, etc despite the fact he is already teh highest paid player on the books.

Tevez has had problems with his wife being homesick (even at Man Utd) that is well documented.
:agree: the agent is the problem

From City's official site

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/December/Carlos-Tevez-A-statement

Still, no doubt there will be bitter and twisted rags wanting to make something of it. Great the way the so called football fans on here rush to villify the guy:grr:

Hibbyradge
12-12-2010, 01:48 PM
"City say that Tevez and his agent, Kia Joorabchian, have been pushing to renegotiate the player's five-year contract in recent months."

"Carlos' current five-year contract has three-and-a-half years to run and he is the highest paid player at Manchester City Football Club."

Yes, clearly. :agree:

Clearly he's not homesick?

Clearly his ego's massive?

Clearly his agent isn't orchestrating things?

Clearly Man City aren't giving their own version of events?

How do you know these things?

Iggy Pope
12-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Seems Fergie was right after all not to move Heaven and Earth to extend his contract.

His actions last week when he got subbed, considering he is the captain, were disgraceful.

Getting the same chilly temperatures up on that moral high ground as we're getting down here?

Sir David Gray
12-12-2010, 02:12 PM

Clearly he's not homesick?

Clearly his ego's massive?

Clearly his agent isn't orchestrating things?

Clearly Man City aren't giving their own version of events?

How do you know these things?

He hasn't played in Argentina for the last 6 years. I just find it a bit odd that this "homesickness" has just come to the fore now, that's all.

I said that he has a massive ego because of the way he conducted himself last week during the substitution. He is the captain of the club and he should therefore have the club's interests at heart and not be so selfish. He also needs to set an example to the other players. When Balotelli got brought off yesterday, he was behaving in a similar manner, no doubt because he's thought that if Tevez, the captain, can get away with it then so can he.

I've no doubt that his agent is pulling the strings but, at the end of the day, the player has to take his share of responsibility for how things are dealt with. We are talking about grown men here, they're not little boys who have no mind of their own. If Tevez was totally committed to Manchester City and content with his contract, he would tell his agent to cool it.

I've no doubt that Manchester City are giving their own version of events but maybe, just maybe, that is the truth.

Sir David Gray
12-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Getting the same chilly temperatures up on that moral high ground as we're getting down here?

Just calling it as I see it. If that means I'm on the moral high ground then so be it.

Iggy Pope
12-12-2010, 02:20 PM
He hasn't played in Argentina for the last 6 years. I just find it a bit odd that this "homesickness" has just come to the fore now, that's all.

I said that he has a massive ego because of the way he conducted himself last week during the substitution. He is the captain of the club and he should therefore have the club's interests at heart and not be so selfish. He also needs to set an example to the other players. When Balotelli got brought off yesterday, he was behaving in a similar manner, no doubt because he's thought that if Tevez, the captain, can get away with it then so can he.

I've no doubt that his agent is pulling the strings but, at the end of the day, the player has to take his share of responsibility for how things are dealt with. We are talking about grown men here, they're not little boys who have no mind of their own. If Tevez was totally committed to Manchester City and content with his contract, he would tell his agent to cool it.

I've no doubt that Manchester City are giving their own version of events but maybe, just maybe, that is the truth.

A bit like the example big Rio set when he forgot to attend his dope test?
:hmmm:

Hibbyradge
12-12-2010, 02:28 PM

So his greed and ego issues aren't as "clear" as you first suggested.

When Balotelli got brought off yesterday, he was behaving in a similar manner, no doubt because he's thought that if Tevez, the captain, can get away with it then so can he.

Now you have "no doubt" that Balotelli's actions were as a direct result of Tevez's behaviour. Again, a remarkable insight into the minds of young men who you have never met. How do you do it?

If Tevez was totally committed to Manchester City and content with his contract, he would tell his agent to cool it.

Tevez isn't committed to Manchester City. He's homesick.

Sir David Gray
12-12-2010, 03:50 PM
So his greed and ego issues aren't as "clear" as you first suggested.

I believe the story that he has been attempting to renegotiate his contract. I don't see what Manchester City have to gain by lying about that.

Therefore I would say his greed is there for all to see and as for the ego, his actions last week would tend to suggest that he is a bit egotistical.

Now you have "no doubt" that Balotelli's actions were as a direct result of Tevez's behaviour. Again, a remarkable insight into the minds of young men who you have never met. How do you do it?

Balotelli is a young player who has previous for insolent and immature behaviour whilst at Inter Milan. Guys like him need a good captain alongside him to lead by example. With Tevez doing what he did last week, in my opinion that only encouraged Balotelli to do likewise yesterday.

Tevez isn't committed to Manchester City. He's homesick.

So if he really is homesick, we'll expect to see him moving back to Argentina in the next few months and signing for a club there. We'll see if that actually happens...

Somehow I doubt it.

I think Tevez might be hoping for a repeat of the Wayne Rooney situation across the city i.e. say that you want away, hand in a transfer request and then end up with a pay rise because the club are scared of losing him.

Iggy Pope
12-12-2010, 04:04 PM
I believe the story that he has been attempting to renegotiate his contract. I don't see what Manchester City have to gain by lying about that.

Therefore I would say his greed is there for all to see and as for the ego, his actions last week would tend to suggest that he is a bit egotistical.

Balotelli is a young player who has previous for insolent and immature behaviour whilst at Inter Milan. Guys like him need a good captain alongside him to lead by example. With Tevez doing what he did last week, in my opinion that only encouraged Balotelli to do likewise yesterday.

So if he really is homesick, we'll expect to see him moving back to Argentina in the next few months and signing for a club there. We'll see if that actually happens...

Somehow I doubt it.

I think Tevez might be hoping for a repeat of the Wayne Rooney situation across the city i.e. say that you want away, hand in a transfer request and then end up with a pay rise because the club are scared of losing him.

Don't know if you recall a TV drama set around a Philadelphia lawyer called Petrocelli?
You with your opinion, thoughts, morals, lack of doubt and extraordinary insight and perception are that man.
Only he never came across as a smart-ass.

Sir David Gray
12-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Don't know if you recall a TV drama set around a Philadelphia lawyer called Petrocelli?
You with your opinion, thoughts, morals, lack of doubt and extraordinary insight and perception are that man.
Only he never came across as a smart-ass.

Are you actually planning on making a contribution to this thread or do you intend to just stick with the petty name calling?

Instead of being fascinated with me, why not tell us what you think about the subject matter? I've told you my thoughts, why don't you do the same?

Love the Green
12-12-2010, 05:33 PM

Hello again Falkirk Hibee...how you doing

Yes as ever Taggart was right...did he do right when Shrek held United to ransom for money they don't have? Has he performed half as well this season as Tevez?

"keep the faith":wink:

skipster7
12-12-2010, 06:08 PM
home sickness is a serious subject,
my missus came in last week crying and said "im homesick"
to which i replied "what do you mean ?, this IS your home !"
she said "i know, im flucking sick of it !!"

roy chubby brown 1988ish
:taxi:offski:

Iggy Pope
12-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Are you actually planning on making a contribution to this thread or do you intend to just stick with the petty name calling?

Instead of being fascinated with me, why not tell us what you think about the subject matter? I've told you my thoughts, why don't you do the same?

No I'll just stick to the pettiness as I couldn't match your outrage or disgust.

My opinions are clear on the tripe you're posting. Not strictly on the subject matter. I think this is allowed and is indeed, quite common.

skipster7
12-12-2010, 06:31 PM
while its good to see other teams pushing the established 4,the mercenaries that a club with an unlimited amount of cash will attract are endless,its then up to the manager to buy players who have hunger/desire/pride to be there rather than ones that are only too happy to jump on the gravy train.
along the way mistakes will be made and it seems that City would be better off without tevez and ballotelli like bellamy before them.

Littlest Hobo
12-12-2010, 06:37 PM

Watch Balloteli incident again mate, you'll see he was clearly pushed off the ball. His reaction to not getting what was a blatent foul wasn't any different from what any other player would have done in the same circumstance. The ref should hang his head in shame because from were i'm stood he clearly gave a yellow on the strength of Balloteli's reputation. Why not just play on?? Then his reaction to being subbed??? Wow he shook his head!!! There was a whole lot of judging on reputation went on in my opinion and your doing the same.

lyonhibs
12-12-2010, 08:05 PM
[/URL][URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9280265.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9280265.stm)

Make of that what you will

IMO, Tevez, like a lot of football players earning genuinely astronomical sums per week, needs to realise how lucky he is and suck it up.

Dirkster23
12-12-2010, 08:29 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9280265.stm

IMO, Tevez, like a lot of football players earning genuinely astronomical sums per week, needs to realise how lucky he is and suck it up.

Needs to try and stick to one story on why he's wanting to leave! First he's homesick despite asking his agent to ask for more cash (he's already City's highest paid player) and then to extend his contract. Now he's fallen out with "certain executices" at the club :bitchy:

Bishop Hibee
12-12-2010, 08:31 PM
While I enjoy watching the EPL as the top games are as good as anywhere in the world, the greed which permeates it makes me sick.

Very few players are loyal to one club anymore as the Rooney carry-on earlier in the season showed.

Hibbyradge
12-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Needs to try and stick to one story on why he's wanting to leave! First he's homesick despite asking his agent to ask for more cash (he's already City's highest paid player) and then to extend his contract. Now he's fallen out with "certain executices" at the club :bitchy:

This is the first time he's said anything about his transfer request.

Albion Hibs
12-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Agree with one of the comments above if any club can do it City can, stick the greedy little runt in the reserves and make him play out his contract.

Alternatively let him buy himself out of his contract and sign a contact that says he cant play anywhere other than the leagues in his home country.

yekimevol
12-12-2010, 08:50 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9280265.stm

the ironic thing is that tevez said the same thing last week on the man city website

jane_says
12-12-2010, 09:06 PM

disagree, i think balotelli did it because he's a little scrote who needs a sense of perspective, as do most footballers. no idea how much tevez gets a week but to try and get it raised a year and a half into a five year contract reeks of greed to me.

yekimevol
12-12-2010, 09:08 PM
hey we have all gatherd that this is not about money, but could a argentinan club afford to buy tevez from city ???

i mean his wages will not be a problem, but the transfer fee from city ??? they spent over 30 million on him they will want a sizeable sum back.

Dirkster23
12-12-2010, 09:14 PM
This is the first time he's said anything about his transfer request.

The latest article from the BBC says he's cited family reasons for handing in a transfer request. It then quotes Tevez as saying his relationship with certain executives is beyond repair.

J-C
12-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Heard on Talksport earlier that he was offered a new extended contract but wasn't happy with the way certain board members handled it, just assuming he was going to sign cause of the money being offered, seemingly got his back up.

Hibbyradge
12-12-2010, 09:59 PM
The latest article from the BBC says he's cited family reasons for handing in a transfer request. It then quotes Tevez as saying his relationship with certain executives is beyond repair.

Spot the difference. :wink:

Dirkster23
13-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Spot the difference. :wink:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/12/carlos-tevez-manchester-city-transfer

This article seems to cover the situation better.

cabbageandribs1875
13-12-2010, 02:02 AM
according to rodney marsh tevez earns(if thats the right word:rolleyes:) 286K/week tax-free http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/9280256.stm :bitchy:

Skanko79
13-12-2010, 06:46 AM
Good to see City standing their ground and not letting him have his way. He is on 220k a week and should honour his contract. could be another rooney type ploy to get a bigger deal.