PDA

View Full Version : How many players will leave in January ?

GreenCastle
11-12-2010, 10:54 AM
January 1st players/agents are free to speak to other clubs.

We have a game on January 1st against the yams.

We have 16 players out of contract in the summer - so all of them really could be spoken to in January...correct me if I am wrong ?

Who do you think will leave in January - either for more money/1st team football elsewhere ?

MrSmith
11-12-2010, 11:16 AM
As many as required! However, most of them will not get more money nor first team football if they don't screw the nut and start looking like football players!

Thomson1875
11-12-2010, 11:28 AM
id say, Nish, bamba (hope not) , stack, thicot, grounds and maybe stevenson & mcbride have a feeling he will be away.

jdships
11-12-2010, 11:46 AM
January 1st players/agents are free to speak to other clubs.

We have a game on January 1st against the yams.

We have 16 players out of contract in the summer - so all of them really could be spoken to in January...correct me if I am wrong ?

Who do you think will leave in January - either for more money/1st team football elsewhere ?

Difficult one to answer my feeling is ir may well be the summer before we know the full extent of the "cull" ! :greengrin
Talking to my young lads I get the impresion that ,in Scotland at least , there is not a lot of "loose change" kicking about football clubs .
They tell me that a couple of full time Div 1 clubs are informing their players any new contracts will be on the same basic terms as at present .
One area that does seem to be a bit better is "Blue Square " Premier where
1 AFC Wimbledon 41
2 Crawley Town 40
3 Luton Town 39
4 Newport County 37
are all desperate to get into the Football Laeague and have been sniffing about Scottish players

Have no idea what money they pay - anyone know ?

GreenCastle
11-12-2010, 03:42 PM
id say, Nish, bamba (hope not) , stack, thicot, grounds and maybe stevenson & mcbride have a feeling he will be away.

Is Bamba out of contract in summer ?

I have a feeling Grounds may stay...if wanted longer.

Really the next few weeks they should be playing for their futures.... :agree:

scoopyboy
11-12-2010, 04:11 PM

Somebody may want Bamba but the rest will probably just see their contracts out.

cad
11-12-2010, 04:23 PM
TBH there's going to be an awful lot of spare footballers come Jan and Aug plenty to choose from ,and the ones leaving Hibs will struggle .
I always feel sorry for the young players who never really get a chance because mamagers buy players and play them come what may ,whether they are playing well or not and if they are not he isnt going to drop someone he brought to the club which would possibly show bad judgement on his part so the kid doesnt get his chance scrapping the reserve league put a nail in hundreds of careers if you ask me .

Franck is God
11-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Unless we receive a silly offer for anyone or we decide to release players which will come at a cost I can't see anyone leaving in January at all.

GreenCastle
11-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Unless we receive a silly offer for anyone or we decide to release players which will come at a cost I can't see anyone leaving in January at all.

Is it no money in summer or a little money for Bamba in January - that's the question...

jonny
12-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Is it no money in summer or a little money for Bamba in January - that's the question...

He was quoted in a paper recently saying that he'd consider resigning for us in the summer.
TBH I think he will be away though. I'd rather we held onto him for the 2nd half of the season and he went for nothing in the summer as opposed to getting a measly amount for him now. If someone was to come in with a couple of hundred thousand bid in Jan then I suppose that'd probably be worth considering but any less and his value to the team probably outweighs it.

RickyS
12-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Somebody may want Bamba but the rest will probably just see their contracts out.

I think your right, as the only ones who can earn the same or more elsewhere are Miller Deek and Bamba IMO. the others will be interesting the Motherwells/Caleys/Killies etc and wont be keen to leave behind a Hibs salary without compensation

Iggy Pope
12-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Difficult one to answer my feeling is ir may well be the summer before we know the full extent of the "cull" ! :greengrin
Talking to my young lads I get the impresion that ,in Scotland at least , there is not a lot of "loose change" kicking about football clubs .
They tell me that a couple of full time Div 1 clubs are informing their players any new contracts will be on the same basic terms as at present .
One area that does seem to be a bit better is "Blue Square " Premier where
1 AFC Wimbledon 41
2 Crawley Town 40
3 Luton Town 39
4 Newport County 37
are all desperate to get into the Football Laeague and have been sniffing about Scottish players

Have no idea what money they pay - anyone know ?

Crawley and Fleetwood have both been heavily bankrolled in recent seasons. When Crawley move for another BSP club's player the outcome is usually a formality.
I've no idea what they pay but would reckon it's competitive with some League One clubs.....

jdships
12-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Crawley and Fleetwood have both been heavily bankrolled in recent seasons. When Crawley move for another BSP club's player the outcome is usually a formality.
I've no idea what they pay but would reckon it's competitive with some League One clubs.....

Interesting !
Thank you :thumbsup:

hibsfan7
12-12-2010, 05:10 PM
APART FROM BROWN
BAMBA
DICKOH
GROUNDS
MURRAY
MILLER
RIORDEN
TRYKAS

THE LOT CAN GO FOR ME JUST NOT HIBS CLASS

:bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye:

jackhfc
12-12-2010, 05:16 PM
APART FROM BROWN
BAMBA
DICKOH
GROUNDS
MURRAY
MILLER
RIORDEN
TRYKAS

THE LOT CAN GO FOR ME JUST NOT HIBS CLASS

:bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye:

So we'll be left to sign atleast about 6/7 more players, bearing in mind some of the youth players will be back in Jan, ok then:wink:

GreenCastle
19-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Do we think these players know they are going in Jan / summer and really not that bothered ?

You would think they would be trying to battle for their futures ? :confused:

snooky
19-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Is Bamba out of contract in summer ?

I have a feeling Grounds may stay...if wanted longer.

Really the next few weeks they should be playing for their futures.... :agree:

IMHO, if players only start "playing for their futures" in the next two weeks by raising their game, I'd bin them anyway.
It would show that they've been short-changing us all along.
No? :dunno:

jdships
19-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Do we think these players know they are going in Jan / summer and really not that bothered ?

You would think they would be trying to battle for their futures ? :confused:

From what I have heard from my rwo lads at EM there have been a ""few gentle hints " put out and at least two have been advised "if you can find another club in January ................ "

:offski:

greenlex
19-12-2010, 04:09 PM
I think your right, as the only ones who can earn the same or more elsewhere are Miller Deek and Bamba IMO. the others will be interesting the Motherwells/Caleys/Killies etc and wont be keen to leave behind a Hibs salary without compensation
The flip side is maybe a 2 year deal at another SPL side even on less money might make them jump if the opportunity arose. I doubt it though unless
(a) No fee was involved. As the new club could wait and get them for nothing in the Summer. or
(b) Replacements were available from similar deals.