PDA

View Full Version : Royal Mail

just_joe
11-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows if they are back to normal now? got a few things ordered and fearing im not goin to receive them in time.

we are hibs
11-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows if they are back to normal now? got a few things ordered and fearing im not goin to receive them in time.

last year i ordered a ps3 and i nver got it so i phoned up and the said some signed for it.....

ended up the postman singed for it

just_joe
11-12-2010, 08:51 AM
really? thats terrible m8 im guessing he "got the sack"? lol :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
11-12-2010, 08:56 AM
last year i ordered a ps3 and i nver got it so i phoned up and the said some signed for it.....

Was he fired? :wink:

lapsedhibee
11-12-2010, 09:14 AM

Was it addressed to Carol? :dunno:

we are hibs
11-12-2010, 09:18 AM
really? thats terrible m8 im guessing he "got the sack"? lol :greengrin
yes he got the sack:agree:

Was he fired? :wink:

:agree: yes he was fired

Was it addressed to Carol? :dunno:

no

CropleyWasGod
11-12-2010, 09:20 AM
yes he got the sack:agree:

:agree: yes he was fired

no

Whoosh?

Phil D. Rolls
11-12-2010, 09:41 AM
The power of Hibs.net never ceases to amaze me. I was about to reply to this thread when the door bell rang. It was the postie with my mail.

Only problem is that now the mail is back to normal, I'll have to write and send Xmas cards, :grr: Petrie!!!!!

easty
11-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Not Royal Mail, but I ordered an ipod from the Apple Online Store on 26th Nov to be delivered to my work by TNT. Still hasn't showed up, sent an email complaining to Apple and they've replied that once it arrives they will send me a "goodwill gesture".

Wonder what that will be?

Jay
11-12-2010, 04:05 PM
I am starting to worry about my sons main christmas pressie. Its like gold dust to find and mine was posted 2 weeks ago.

Last year I had loads of parcels go missing then turn up at the a same time as their replacements at the end of Jan!

If its not here mid week I will phone and chase it up but I think we have the worst mail service in the country - things are always going missing. I cant believe I got no mail today, the roads and paths are clear and I have only had 2 deliveries in a fortnight so there must be some for me!

marinello59
11-12-2010, 04:12 PM
I am starting to worry about my sons main christmas pressie. Its like gold dust to find and mine was posted 2 weeks ago.

Last year I had loads of parcels go missing then turn up at the a same time as their replacements at the end of Jan!

If its not here mid week I will phone and chase it up but I think we have the worst mail service in the country - things are always going missing. I cant believe I got no mail today, the roads and paths are clear and I have only had 2 deliveries in a fortnight so there must be some for me!

I am getting a wee bit concerned about the same thing here. Hoping it arrives early next week or I will be starting to work on excuses.

Jay
11-12-2010, 04:15 PM
I am getting a wee bit concerned about the same thing here. Hoping it arrives early next week or I will be starting to work on excuses.

I know and I cant afford to buy a replacement even if I do find another one. Its a bit of a worry.

Brando7
11-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Still waiting on 7 items coming from Amazon, play & Ebay from earliest date 23rd Novermber and still waiting on every item to be delivered...squeeky bum time if they not here by monday.

I heard somewhere you can go 2 your sorting office to find out if there any parcels waiting to be delivered, anyone heard this?

lyonhibs
11-12-2010, 07:27 PM
I got a thing sent to me - by Royal Mail - from Scotland and it took all of 2/3 working days, so I'd be a tad concerned if I'd been waiting on stuff for a 2 weeks or more, even allowing for the weather.

bod
12-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Still waiting on 7 items coming from Amazon, play & Ebay from earliest date 23rd Novermber and still waiting on every item to be delivered...squeeky bum time if they not here by monday.

I heard somewhere you can go 2 your sorting office to find out if there any parcels waiting to be delivered, anyone heard this?

phone up your office that deals with your area 1st & ask if your postie can put any letters & packets aside for you & you'll collect them later on that day or week.it'll be quicker that just going in & getting the guy to look for them

just_joe
13-12-2010, 04:08 AM
im in the same boat as you all concerning awaiting parcels! 2 weeks ive waited too. if I don't receive them it could basically ruin christmas for a certain couple of loved ones in my life. lol. I knew I should have just went to the fort!:boo hoo:

Brando7
13-12-2010, 05:15 PM

My item that was dispached on 23rd Nov finally arrived on Friday there (10th Dec) that a hole 17 days to come from the Glenrothes depot to Rosyth (22 miles), makes me worry for my other items

Be heading to sorting office 2morrow to see if there any there I can collect if possible

skipster7
13-12-2010, 06:33 PM
there is still a huge backlog of mostly packets/parcels.hardly anything moved via road ,air trains etc for at least a week and with apparently more snow this week i would seriously think twice about online christmas presents.
on Saturday there was still thousands of yorks of scottish bound backlogged mail in England,so if youve got to send parcels etc make sure its special delivery as there is a high chance regular parcels wont be cleared for the 24th.

skipster7
13-12-2010, 06:52 PM
there are obviously overtime squads trying to make inroads into the packets once/if they arrive in each delivery office, the last 2 sundays have had overtime shifts in abundance but its dependant on parcels reaching each office in time.
RE going to your office to check,i would definatly phone first to see if thats viable.

skipster7
13-12-2010, 07:01 PM

really ?

Jay
13-12-2010, 09:21 PM
really ?

eh yeah. Its frosty tonight but the roads and pavements are well gritted.

skipster7
14-12-2010, 04:29 AM
eh yeah. Its frosty tonight but the roads and pavements are well gritted.

eh no offence meant:greengrin
in Central Edinburgh a lot of side roads/pavements are still shocking and treacherous to to take a van into despite a two day thaw, most of the on foot guys have been trying to do each area on alternate days despite walking on ice for most of their route(law suit waitng to happen):greengrin. its the volume of mail that didnt move during the worst of the weather thats causing the problem.

Jay
14-12-2010, 07:18 AM
eh no offence meant:greengrin
in Central Edinburgh a lot of side roads/pavements are still shocking and treacherous to to take a van into despite a two day thaw, most of the on foot guys have been trying to do each area on alternate days despite walking on ice for most of their route(law suit waitng to happen):greengrin. its the volume of mail that didnt move during the worst of the weather thats causing the problem.

I am not in Edinburgh although I wouldn't imagine West Lothian is much different. I have had to walk deliveries in just over 2 weeks. I can walk half a dozen kids to school safely now so a walk postie can deliver surely? I have had courier deliveries but no Royal Mail.

Pretty Boy
14-12-2010, 10:11 AM
I ordered a few bits and pieces online for various people Christmas presents and nearly 3 weeks later i don't have them.

I phoned the company i ordered from, who use their own delivery servces not Royal mail, and asked what happened if i didn't receive the goods by say the 22nd and had to go out and buy them again, could i return them? The charming and oh so polite lady on the phone informed me that i had 14 days to return from date of purchase, when i pointed out that it was now 19 days since date of purchase and i still hadn't even received the goods she told me that it was 'company policy' and that the weather 'wasnae their fault' before hanging up on me. Needless to say i was abit annoyed and also a bit confused, surely any returns policy should be from receipt of the goods as opposed to date of purchase?

Phil D. Rolls
14-12-2010, 10:21 AM
I ordered a few bits and pieces online for various people Christmas presents and nearly 3 weeks later i don't have them.

I phoned the company i ordered from, who use their own delivery servces not Royal mail, and asked what happened if i didn't receive the goods by say the 22nd and had to go out and buy them again, could i return them? The charming and oh so polite lady on the phone informed me that i had 14 days to return from date of purchase, when i pointed out that it was now 19 days since date of purchase and i still hadn't even received the goods she told me that it was 'company policy' and that the weather 'wasnae their fault' before hanging up on me. Needless to say i was abit annoyed and also a bit confused, surely any returns policy should be from receipt of the goods as opposed to date of purchase?

I would have thought that as you have not received the goods the contract the company imagines it has with you is void.

MountcastleHibs
14-12-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm still waiting on a DVD that was dispatched on the 3rd of December form play.com. Phoned the depot at East Telferton today, and although the guy I spoke to wasn't the most helpful bloke in the world, he told me that I wouldn't be able to collect at the depot, as the chances are it isn't even in the depot. He said there was a massive backlog, with stuff from Edinburgh still sitting in Sighthill, Bathgate, and some stuff being rediverted to Newcastle. Doesn't look good for getting this by Christmas.

Brando7
14-12-2010, 11:31 AM
postie just been to mines 2day, 4 letter all ****in junk mail :grr::grr:

Just back from sorting office to be told there is no parcels there waiting to be delivered to my address.

Really getting hacked off now!

Phil D. Rolls
14-12-2010, 11:49 AM
I notice Tesco Direct has suspended new orders from Scotland.

Jay
14-12-2010, 12:05 PM
I notice Tesco Direct has suspended new orders from Scotland.

I ordered from them at the beginning of last week and thought the safer option was have it delivered to a store, I got a call this morning saying it is unlikely it will be there before christmas. They offered me a refund but given that this particular toy is out of stock everywhere I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Phil D. Rolls
14-12-2010, 12:09 PM
I ordered from them at the beginning of last week and thought the safer option was have it delivered to a store, I got a call this morning saying it is unlikely it will be there before christmas. They offered me a refund but given that this particular toy is out of stock everywhere I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

I suppose if they aren't taking new orders it gives them a chance to clear the backlog, good luck.

Jay
14-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I suppose if they aren't taking new orders it gives them a chance to clear the backlog, good luck.

Thank you. This one is not so bad as it was an extra toy, not a main present and my son is 9 so I can explain to him that it is coming. He'll be fine. Its his main present that is still in limbo somewhere that I am worried about.

Teo10
14-12-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm still waiting on two deliveries coming, one of which are my new football boots which are being delivered by UPS so fingers crossed they are getting through their backlog!

EDIT: UPS just delieved the boots! right in time for Christmas :thumbsup:

lapsedhibee
14-12-2010, 01:29 PM
postie just been to mines 2day, 4 letter all ****in junk mail :grr::grr:

Just back from sorting office to be told there is no parcels there waiting to be delivered to my address.

Really getting hacked off now!

Who is the Minister For Post and why is he still in post? High time he was a post-Minister. Disgrace! :grr:

skipster7
14-12-2010, 06:30 PM
almost everything arriving in delivery offices is being delivered within a day or two but the problem is the mail centre at the gyle which processes everything is already running at full capacity with extra christmas mail.
unfortunatly nothing came north for at least a week and edinburgh cant handle at least double their maximum capacity so the huge backlog is being processed wherever it can be fit in,throw in to the mix Amazon themselves couldn't get out their yards for days.fingers crossed you get your stuff :wink:

Removed
14-12-2010, 06:45 PM
I've had no post for nearly two weeks and I normally get at least one or two items every day.

derekHFC
14-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Who is the Minister For Post and why is he still in post? High time he was a post-Minister. Disgrace! :grr:

Their P45 is in the post :rolleyes:

Westie1875
14-12-2010, 07:12 PM
I've had no post for nearly two weeks and I normally get at least one or two items every day.

I was the same until today, and all I got today was an electricity bill. :boo hoo:

Woody1985
14-12-2010, 07:30 PM
I was sending a bike down south today and the courier said that he had 172 pick ups and drop offs to do. He said there was no chance of it happening.

Phil D. Rolls
14-12-2010, 08:24 PM

He shouldn't have a job, let alone a post office. (am I getting the hang of this yet?)

skipster7
14-12-2010, 09:15 PM
he cant be sacked as hes got letters after his name:greengrin

HibeeEmma
15-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Was just speaking with someone from city link who said all courier companies have a large back log from the last 2 weeks and that many people would not be getting presents.

Removed
15-12-2010, 08:04 PM
I was the same until today, and all I got today was an electricity bill. :boo hoo:

Looks like I got 2 weeks worth in a oner today. Nothing interesting though. Cards and bills.

Jay
15-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Looks like I got 2 weeks worth in a oner today. Nothing interesting though. Cards and bills.

Good for you I got a christmas card (unfranked) for a family in Golspie, Sutherland!

I think my postie is taking the proverbial

:greengrin

skipster7
15-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Good for you I got a christmas card (unfranked) for a family in Golspie, Sutherland!

I think my postie is taking the proverbial

:greengrin
yep ,he chooses what he can be bothered to deliver.:faf:

Jay
15-12-2010, 08:36 PM
yep ,he chooses what he can be bothered to deliver.:faf:

It was supposed to be a joke. Lighten up a bit. Jeez.:rolleyes:

skipster7
15-12-2010, 08:54 PM
It was supposed to be a joke. Lighten up a bit. Jeez.:rolleyes:
sorry ,thought you were having another go:boo hoo:
fwiw there each delivery in central Edinburgh are completely hammered with hundreds of extra parcels etc going out everyday so maybe the problem lies with your specific area ?
have you tried phoning your local delivery office if you are still not getting any deliveries as even the worst affected areas should have been getting mail for at least a week.

edit- delivered plenty of parcels today with people saying they had been ordered 2 weeks ago so dont give up hope yet.

Jay
15-12-2010, 10:42 PM
sorry ,thought you were having another go:boo hoo:
fwiw there each delivery in central Edinburgh are completely hammered with hundreds of extra parcels etc going out everyday so maybe the problem lies with your specific area ?
have you tried phoning your local delivery office if you are still not getting any deliveries as even the worst affected areas should have been getting mail for at least a week.

edit- delivered plenty of parcels today with people saying they had been ordered 2 weeks ago so dont give up hope yet.

Nah I wouldn't have a go at posties. My mum and dad both worked in the sorting offices at Brunswick road then Sighthill. I know the job they do. I saw 6 vans in my village today around 11.30am presumably delivering packets so the individual guys are doing their best, I know that.
The card I got today was stuck to the back of a plastic covered junk catalogue, it was obviously not found by anybody until it hit my floor. I will post it again tomorrow and hope the people its supposed to get to get it.

Speedy
15-12-2010, 11:12 PM
I sent an ebay parcel second class on the 30th of November to somewhere in England. I've had about 8 messages asking where it is :grr: The first of them was on the 4th, apparently it was getting beyond a joke on the 13th and the buyer wanted a refund because it was a xmas present. I've apologised a number of times(despite it being nothing to do with me) and explained the weather delays and sent a link to the Royal Mail's website about delays. It's doing my nut in.

Little Miss Perfect
16-12-2010, 10:01 AM
I sent an ebay parcel second class on the 30th of November to somewhere in England. I've had about 8 messages asking where it is :grr: The first of them was on the 4th, apparently it was getting beyond a joke on the 13th and the buyer wanted a refund because it was a xmas present. I've apologised a number of times(despite it being nothing to do with me) and explained the weather delays and sent a link to the Royal Mail's website about delays. It's doing my nut in.

I ordered something on Ebay on 19 November, it was paid for and posted out to me same day, I got this delivered yesterday!!! Also got yesterday one parcel that was posted out to me on 22 Nov & one one 24 Nov,things are arriving but very slowly...

Speedy
17-12-2010, 07:25 PM
I ordered something on Ebay on 19 November, it was paid for and posted out to me same day, I got this delivered yesterday!!! Also got yesterday one parcel that was posted out to me on 22 Nov & one one 24 Nov,things are arriving but very slowly...

It's strange because I've sent and received things over the last two weeks that have arrived within 2 days as well

Judas Iscariot
17-12-2010, 08:58 PM
****ing useless Amazon/Shïtey Home Delivery Network..

Over 2 weeks to deliver a Birthday present that's needed for Sunday :grr:

Pathetic..

Hope both these places go tîts up :bitchy:

Twiglet
17-12-2010, 11:29 PM
The mail we've been getting has been a bit jumbled. Some things are only taking a few days to get through, and are marked with random sorting offices (like something getting sent across Edinburgh marked midlands) and other things (like a magazine subscription) arriving last week but not yet this week.
I'm not overly bothered though. My mail will arrive at some point and thankfully due to my lack of organisation I didn't get around to ordering any presents online so not panicking about things arriving in time (though it does mean I will have to go to the shops tomorrow, which can be seen as positive as I can work off a few more calories so I can really pig out at Christmas).

Bookkeeper
17-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Was on the phone to Bathgate sorting office this morning to chase a parcel. Once I got through, they couldn't have been more helpful. They went to check if there was mail for my address then phoned back to say 2 vans had gone out to deliver parcels, packets etc to Broxburn today. Parcel was delivered this afternoon :greengrin (had been posted 26th November).

They said the problem seemed to be mail sent around 23rd - 30th November lying unsorted at various locations due to weather but they were getting through it now.

Think the posties and couriers are doing their best in trying circumstances.

Brando7
18-12-2010, 11:29 PM
It just the pits when you are still waiting on 7 items to be posted then see the postie walking up your path with a parcel, thinking thank **** that at least one arrived but to find out it for next door :grr::grr: