PDA

View Full Version : Zemmama out until mid January at least, Duffy even later!

Part/Time Supporter
11-12-2010, 04:11 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Zemmama-return-for-Hibs-remains.6657526.jp

Colin Calderwood has admitted that the cold snap is further pushing back a potential comeback for Moroccan midfielder Merouane Zemmama and delaying the debut of on-loan striker Darryl Duffy.

"Zemmama will be back in mid-January and if we don't get games you can put that back further," Calderwood said yesterday after learning that today's scheduled match at Hamilton had been called off. "As for Darryl, he'll be beyond that. Zemmama has been doing some ball work. He joined in little bits on Friday, and had before the snow started but he has to get to the end of December and then he'll go to the next level.

Zemmama's timescale is fair enough for a cruciate (~10 months), but Duffy is getting beyond a joke. He was supposed to be returning to training a week ago but suffered a "two week" injury (http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Darryl-Duffy-faces-further-fortnight39s.6647125.jp) that's keeping him out for more like two months!

:grr:

Judas Iscariot
11-12-2010, 07:28 AM
I'd just pap Duffy right back doon the road in January and get another striker or 2 in who's actually got a chance of playing..

500miles
11-12-2010, 08:15 AM
I've got a lot of sympathy for Duffy here. A week before he done his metatarsal, I done mine - same foot, same toe, same point on the toe.

I was off work for 10 weeks, but I can still feel the break a bit when I kick a ball.
If his fracture extended down to the joint either end of his metatarsal, then there is an even more prolonged recovery period than my own.

Zemmama's injury is becoming worrying. That's a full year now, isn't it?

cad
11-12-2010, 08:30 AM
I'd just pap Duffy right back doon the road in January and get another striker or 2 in who's actually got a chance of playing..

In Duffys case I would have liked to see the guy play for Hibs ,I thought he could have done a job ,but I tend to agree move on get someone else .

Real pain in the bum the Wee Man not playing .
I know he was injured in the line of duty and we are bound to look after him ,
and I know these type of injuries take a hell of a long time to get sorted ,
and I know he could well be our biggest asset when fit .
How longs has he been out 10 months a year I'm not sure its seems an awfi long time .
The lights at the end of the tunnel for Zouma ,and TBH when hes fit hes worth the gate money alone ,tricky little fcekers like him dont come around to often down Easter Road way ,but I would just be waiting for him to get injured again .
I would hate to pay all that cash let him go and someone else gets the benefits ,then again another bump and hes out for 3 months or so and your back to square one .
Maybe with CCs influx of new players come Jan and August the Wee Fella will get better protection and he can play like we know he can ,sad to say IMO if there is one players clock ticking just know its his ,am I being offered a new contract or am I for the off .

Do we keep him or punt him ,tough call for somebody.
Wages , time on the pitch , time off the pitch , injuries , potential sale ?????

DaveF
11-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Sounds like an ideal opportunity for Kurtis Byrne to be given a wee run in the new year once he returns from East Fife.

we are hibs
11-12-2010, 09:20 AM
I've got a lot of sympathy for Duffy here. A week before he done his metatarsal, I done mine - same foot, same toe, same point on the toe.

I was off work for 10 weeks, but I can still feel the break a bit when I kick a ball.
If his fracture extended down to the joint either end of his metatarsal, then there is an even more prolonged recovery period than my own.

Zemmama's injury is becoming worrying. That's a full year now, isn't it?

no he got injured in march vs falkirk

Jones28
11-12-2010, 10:27 AM
I've Zemmama at David Lloyd a few times in the past couple of weeks on the bikes. He wont be running until the new year.

Sas_The_Hibby
11-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Was there any substance in the rumour that it was a tackle from John Hughes in training that did for Duffy? Or was that anti-Hughes propaganda?

sambajustice
11-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Get shot of the both of them!! Asap!

Sas_The_Hibby
11-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Get shot of the both of them!! Asap!

I don't have an opinion on Duffy but I'm willing to be very patient for Zemmama TBH.

Zouma would at least inject some excitement, albeit probably only in every other game. We've nothing to get excited about in the current Hibs side, I'm afraid.

Pretty Boy
11-12-2010, 10:56 AM
I really feel for Duffy. Move to a new club and get injured in training, must be a nightmare. Not sure if anyone read him in The Sun the other week where he was saying he's finding it hard to get to know the other players ecause he was injured. He came accross as being really frustrated by the situation. And as another poster said i have also broke a metetarsal and it's far from an easy injury to recover from.

Zemmama i think we just have to accept is injury prone and the injury he currently has is one it will be tough to come back from. We either have to accept we have a talent who when fit and on form will be an asset but may spend a significant time on the sidelines, either that or we cut our losses and let him go.

NAE NOOKIE
11-12-2010, 11:01 AM
If you count the unfortunate Zemmama's time spent out on loan he has in fact barely kicked a ball for Hibs in more than 2 years. I am pretty sure that if he had played regularly for us in the two seasons following the 07 league cup final he would have been transferred to another club for a wedge of cash by now.

As it is I cant help thinking that its never going to work out for him at ER and that it would be better for him and us if he were to move on. Perhaps a change of club would change his luck. Nae offence to the wee man, theres a great player in there.

As for Duffy. How can you miss what you've never had ?

HenryMonk
11-12-2010, 11:55 AM
only way i'd say keep duffy is if he rams the goals in towards the end of season, which i doubt will happen.

zouma, hes been one big sick note from the start so tata end of season for you i my opinion, we cant afford to keep sick notes.

Bishop Hibee
11-12-2010, 12:12 PM
We can't afford to give Duffy any longer and I'm sure Calderwood has his own targets in the transfer window. Shame for both parties it didn't work out.

Zemmama has to be given a chance and not hurried back but if he were to break down again it would be bye bye and thanks for the memories when his contract is up.

BEEJ
11-12-2010, 03:34 PM
We can't afford to give Duffy any longer and I'm sure Calderwood has his own targets in the transfer window. Shame for both parties it didn't work out.
Never sure of the Ts and Cs of player loan arrangements.

But if a player is loaned to us for a full season and he gets injured on our watch I doubt very much that we can simply send him back to his club still crocked half-way through the stipulated loan period. :confused:

I think we're stuck with him.

Sir David Gray
11-12-2010, 05:19 PM
I would just send Duffy back to Bristol Rovers right now and identify another striker to bring in by early January. Also, since Zemmama's contract is up in the summer, I would pay him what he is due for the last 6 months of his contract and just allow him to find another club.

He has barely played for us in about 2 years and although he is undoubtedly a massive talent and one of the best players in the league on his day, we are not getting enough out of him.

Green_one
11-12-2010, 05:20 PM
If this is true about Duffy then he is a total waste of time and is costing us a space and cash.

I was not exactly excited when he joined but being injured for a continuing period makes me wonder what we are holding onto him for.

CC needs to think long and hard before keeping him. Will he ever pull on the jersey?

Iggy Pope
11-12-2010, 06:13 PM
I would just send Duffy back to Bristol Rovers right now and identify another striker to bring in by early January. Also, since Zemmama's contract is up in the summer, I would pay him what he is due for the last 6 months of his contract and just allow him to find another club.
He has barely played for us in about 2 years and although he is undoubtedly a massive talent and one of the best players in the league on his day, we are not getting enough out of him.

The sense in that is where, exactly? Hibs have money to toss about like that? Or maybe you do?

Iggy Pope
11-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Sounds like an ideal opportunity for Kurtis Byrne to be given a wee run in the new year once he returns from East Fife.

Too many hopes pinned on this boy. East Fife got 6 today. Kurtis didn't get any of them.

hibsbollah
11-12-2010, 06:25 PM
There seems to be a sizeable minority of people on here who think we should get rid of our most skilful player without waiting for him to get fit:confused:

I sometimes wonder why we get a reputation for having a fan base who like 'flair' players. Its a myth from what I can see.

Sir David Gray
11-12-2010, 06:27 PM
The sense in that is where, exactly? Hibs have money to toss about like that? Or maybe you do?

I would rather do that and get an injury prone player off our hands immediately than continue to have him on the treatment table and just HOPE that he comes back for the last couple of months of the season.

Iggy Pope
11-12-2010, 06:28 PM
There seems to be a sizeable minority of people on here who think we should get rid of our most skilful player without waiting for him to get fit:confused:

I sometimes wonder why we get a reputation for having a fan base who like 'flair' players. Its a myth from what I can see.

Exactly. Pay him for the next 6 months while he 'finds another club'? Hertz say? Bollox.

Part/Time Supporter
11-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Too many hopes pinned on this boy. East Fife got 6 today. Kurtis didn't get any of them.

:agree:

Only came on as a sub today for 36 y/o Stevie Crawford

Iggy Pope
11-12-2010, 06:30 PM
I would rather do that and get an injury prone player off our hands immediately than continue to have him on the treatment table and just HOPE that he comes back for the last couple of months of the season.

YOU would? Happily you're not writing the cheques. We're paying him anyway, what's wrong with a little 'hope' thrown in? You're talking out yer bum and making no commercial sense into the bargain.

Iggy Pope
11-12-2010, 06:31 PM
:agree:

Only came on as a sub today for 36 y/o Stevie Crawford

Ah. I read that he was back in the side so sorry if I'm wrong.
The 36 y/o got a couple though I think?

--------
11-12-2010, 06:55 PM

We have him on loan for a year, during which I assume we've been paying his wages.

I think we now know why Bristol were prepared to go for the deal - because they knew he was injury-prone and unlikely to play more than a few ganes for us.

Even if he DOES get fit in the time we're talking about, he's hardly going to set the heather on fire in the few months (weeks more like) left to him. Punt him in January and replace him.

hibsbollah
11-12-2010, 07:04 PM
We have him on loan for a year, during which I assume we've been paying his wages.

I think we now know why Bristol were prepared to go for the deal - because they knew he was injury-prone and unlikely to play more than a few ganes for us.

Even if he DOES get fit in the time we're talking about, he's hardly going to set the heather on fire in the few months (weeks more like) left to him. Punt him in January and replace him.

I was referring to Zemmama. I'm as optimistic as the next man but even I wouldnt describe Duffy as our most skillful player. Not yet, anyway:greengrin

SteveHFC
11-12-2010, 09:03 PM
When Zemmama comes back and if he gets injured again. I can see him leaving at the end of the season.

sesoim
11-12-2010, 09:43 PM
I'd definitely keep Zemmama, but only if he is willing to accept, in effect, a pay per play contract, eg £1k a week + £2k a game + bonuses.

Duffy has been one of many disasters that John Hughes inlicted on us in 2010 and we should say byebye to him in 2011 (even though he would have been much better than Nish). We'd be better signing another target man, as we play better when Trakys is fit, but he we can't rely on him to play every week.

I'd ditch a dozen of the out of contract players, and sign four or five better quality players in the core positions (CB,CB,target man and one other), thus freeing up a bit of room for the youngsters to come through. We need quality rather than quantity from now on.

new malkyhib
11-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Why don't we just sign a proven centre forward?:confused:

johnrebus
11-12-2010, 09:47 PM
I'd definitely keep Zemmama, but only if he is willing to accept, in effect, a pay per play contract, eg £1k a week + £2k a game + bonuses.

Duffy has been one of many disasters that John Hughes inlicted on us in 2010 and we should say byebye to him in 2011 (even though he would have been much better than Nish). We'd be better signing another target man, as we play better when Trakys is fit, but he we can't rely on him to play every week.

I'd ditch a dozen of the out of contract players, and sign four or five better quality players in the core positions (CB,CB,target man and one other), thus freeing up a bit of room for the youngsters to come through. We need quality rather than quantity from now on.

Yogi was guilty of many things, but blaming him for a freak training ground injury to Daryll Duffy is a taking things a bit too far, no?

:bitchy:

FranckSuzy
11-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Yogi was guilty of many things, but blaming him for a freak training ground injury to Daryll Duffy is a taking things a bit too far, no?

:bitchy:

TBF to the OP, that was the rumour doing the rounds at the time :agree:

Houchy
11-12-2010, 11:15 PM
TBF to the OP, that was the rumour doing the rounds at the time :agree:

TBF to JR, I don't think he's talking about "THAT alleged tackle", I think he's just talking about the signing being a disaster in general (so far):agree:

Iggy Pope
11-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Why don't we just sign a proven centre forward?:confused:

Hate to bring it up, but we did exactly that when we signed this board's main talking point.