PDA

View Full Version : hibs badge

Ross4356
10-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Does anyone have a good quality pic of the badge that would look ok when blown up to fit on an a1 poster.

Thanks in advance
GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
10-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Does anyone have a good quality pic of the badge that would look ok when blown up to fit on an a1 poster.

Thanks in advance
GGTTH

Not sure you are legally entitled to do this sort of stuff, without seeking consent from Hibs first.....:confused:

Hibercelona
11-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Not sure you are legally entitled to do this sort of stuff, without seeking consent from Hibs first.....:confused:

Perhaps the OP just wants a blown up picture of the Hibs badge on their wall? :dunno:

Removed
11-12-2010, 12:14 AM

What about getting in tattooed on my body? Is that allowed without consent :dunno:

Baldy Foghorn
11-12-2010, 12:21 AM
What about getting in tattooed on my body? Is that allowed without consent :dunno:

Never thought about that Billy.... Just know for a couple of funerals recently, where the coffin was green, the Club had to give consent to the badge being used due to copyright?

Suppose a number of us have the badge tattooed without a second thought? Interesting......

Ross4356
11-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Perhaps the OP just wants a blown up picture of the Hibs badge on their wall? :dunno:

Yeah thats what i want

Viva_Palmeiras
11-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Yeah thats what i want

The Internet has trampled all over copyright and left people with the understanding that they can reuse copyrighted stuff without consequence
As I understand it pretty much all uses of copyrighted material should have consent ot the owner.
From memory Clinton tried to address this issue ofcopyright from a digital perspective through the millennium bill/act.

Just because a mass of folks abuse or are unaware doesn't mean it's right

MSK
11-12-2010, 06:24 PM
The Internet has trampled all over copyright and left people with the understanding that they can reuse copyrighted stuff without consequence
As I understand it pretty much all uses of copyrighted material should have consent ot the owner.
From memory Clinton tried to address this issue ofcopyright from a digital perspective through the millennium bill/act.

Just because a mass of folks abuse or are unaware doesn't mean it's rightThere is a bit o a difference wi folk wanting a blown up badge to adorn their bedroom walls as opposed to folk wanting to sell the product on ..hibs nor other clubs are not daft ..

I await the hibs laser Police at my door tae zap the tattoo's from my arm ...:bitchy:

Iggy Pope
11-12-2010, 06:25 PM

It's our club though, right? The Hibernian family. The family home and all that. Be a shame not to be allowed to display that on your bedroom wall.

Sir David Gray
11-12-2010, 06:44 PM
I think that if someone at the club seriously wanted to take legal action against a fan for using the Hibs badge for their own personal use, they should get a grip.

That would just be pathetic.

Sometimes people have to use some common sense and not just see the law in black and white.

MSK
11-12-2010, 06:58 PM
I think that if someone at the club seriously wanted to take legal action against a fan for using the Hibs badge for their own personal use, they should get a grip.

Sometimes people have to use some common sense and not just see the law in black and white.Nail on head ..

greenlex
11-12-2010, 07:57 PM
I actually dont know why the club dont produce these to sell in the shop. That and A1 Posters of players would sell well IMO. They could even go larger than that.They are relatively cheap to produce digitally these days. You dont need to order hundreds. a few dozen to see how they go and take it from there.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-12-2010, 09:35 PM

Sometimes people have to use some common sense and not just see the law in black and white.
You've heard the phrase though "the law is an ass"! ? ;) Iirc there was someone on the net looking to use the club crest on their bowls and were refused permission if memory serves. Of course common sense should come into play but copyright laws are there to protect the rights of the owner. The music industry was turned upside down due to "illegal" downloads but thats another can of worms. However if noone pays for music then that revenue stream dries up Bad news!!!

Removed
11-12-2010, 09:44 PM
I actually dont know why the club dont produce these to sell in the shop. That and A1 Posters of players would sell well IMO. They could even go larger than that.They are relatively cheap to produce digitally these days. You dont need to order hundreds. a few dozen to see how they go and take it from there.

:agree: I remember I asked something similar about the hibs.net calendar. Digital images that can be bought and used personally are a great idea

MSK
11-12-2010, 10:10 PM
You've heard the phrase though "the law is an ass"! ? ;) Iirc there was someone on the net looking to use the club crest on their bowls and were refused permission if memory serves. Of course common sense should come into play but copyright laws are there to protect the rights of the owner. The music industry was turned upside down due to "illegal" downloads but thats another can of worms. However if noone pays for music then that revenue stream dries up Bad news!!!To produce a sticker using the hibs badge for the bowls was copyright because a 3rd party were gonna manufacture & sell the stickers ..hibs wanted a slice o the cake ..refused the 3rd party & done them themselves, home & away versions ...on sale at the hibs shop ..

Hibernia Na Eir
12-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Better ask Lord Lyon :wink:

.Sean.
12-12-2010, 12:50 PM

Tell that to the majority of the population...

Antifa Hibs
12-12-2010, 12:54 PM

Brilliant eh :cool2:

As long as yer not printing a dozen posters to sell out yer car boot in a carpark, I can't see what the problem is.

BTW, what size is A1 in pixels? Surprised Hibs don't have posters, cost pennies to make I'd imagine and there would be a no bad wee mark-up on them...

Hibbyradge
12-12-2010, 12:58 PM
There is a bit o a difference wi folk wanting a blown up badge to adorn their bedroom walls as opposed to folk wanting to sell the product on ..hibs nor other clubs are not daft ..

I await the hibs laser Police at my door tae zap the tattoo's from my arm ...:bitchy:

http://cms.met.police.uk/var/met/storage/images/media/sutton_media/images/sgt_mark_atkins_of_sutton_police_with_the_pen_size d_laser_device/975791-1-eng-GB/sgt_mark_atkins_of_sutton_police_with_the_pen_size d_laser_device.jpg