PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Potential Jan Signings for the cabbage

SmokieJoe
10-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Appologies to all if previously posted thread, i've been on mars for the last 6 months.
Ivan Sproule has thrown his name into the ring, Garry O is on loan at Barnsley, to me this looks like Brum aint gonna re-sign him. i would certainly pay over the odds to get him back at ER. What other players, would you like to see in the transfer window, the don't have to be X-hibbys.

Sloppy
10-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Adam Rooney
Leigh Griffiths
Ivan Sproule
A leftback and a centre half

:thumbsup:

Brads Laing
10-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Rob Jones
Extend Grounds Loan
Ivan Sproule
Leigh Griffiths

PISTOL1875
10-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Jonny Hayes... ICT...

sundo1875
10-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Ryan flynn
Jon daly:agree:

SteveHFC
11-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Zander Diamond
Paul Dixon
Jonny Hayes
Leigh Griffiths
Michael Gardyne
Nigel Hasselbank

eastmainsmsh
11-12-2010, 12:39 AM
GOC Loan
Andy O Brien
Ross Mccormack not playing at Leeds
Michael Gardyne
Danny Swanson
Ivan Sproule
Gavin Rae
Kevin Mcdonald
Stephen Thompson

any of those

brianmc
11-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Zander Diamond
Paul Dixon
Jonny Hayes
Leigh Griffiths
Michael Gardyne
Nigel Hasselbank
Are you zander diamond?? Can't see what he would add to the back line,he's a bombscare. The laddies Hasselbaink and hayes looked good though.

SteveHFC
11-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Are you zander diamond?? Can't see what he would add to the back line,he's a bombscare. The laddies Hasselbaink and hayes looked good though.

I would rather have him than hogg anyday.:agree:

Dashing Bob S
11-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Craig Bryson

jackhfc
11-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Leigh Griffiths
Ivan Sproule
Johnny Hayes
Grounds loan deal extended
Gary O'c loan deal

cad
11-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Most of the players from the SPL Ive only watched when they have played Hibs ,and as we are no very good just at the minute I would dip buying any of them apart from Swanston

Barney McGrew
11-12-2010, 08:12 AM
Given CC's recent experience and contacts, I'd think the bulk of any signings we make will be from down south.

I'd guess a couple of front men, a CH and someone creative for midfield will be high on the shopping list.

Andy74
11-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Not many free players in January. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed if building themselves up for much to change next month.

Pretty Boy
11-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Not many free players in January. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed if building themselves up for much to change next month.

:agree:

I'm pretty sure we will only see a couple of loans in January to steady the ship. The big changes will happen in the summer when we can get shot of the deadwood.

Hopefully the fans will realise this and show a bit of patience.

blackpoolhibs
11-12-2010, 08:54 AM

:agree: We might get a couple of loan players in, maybe even a permanent transfer, but I'd have thought CC's job really starts in the summer. And thats when i expect we will see the major work done.

R'Albin
11-12-2010, 09:37 AM
I would rather have him than hogg anyday.:agree:

He's a dreadful player! Even the sheep want rid of him.Also your argument is irrelevant because Hogg isnt part of our first team plans from the look of things.

I would like to see Adam Rooney, Leigh Griffiths or Conor Sammon (2 of the three), wee Ivan, a decent holding midfield player and a CB.:agree:

Although as already pointed out on this thread i could see us just making a few loan signings, its the summer where we will see big changes.

Dunbar Hibee
11-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Ivan, Flynn, Swanson

Hakim Sar
11-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Tony vidmar and robbie fowler

NAE NOOKIE
11-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Connor Salmon:
He was good against us and even more importantly gave the Yams a real hard time when Killie put them to the sword a few weeks ago. :thumbsup:

Danny Swanson:
A class act on his day ... We couldnt afford him :boo hoo:

Garry O'Connor:
In a heatbeat ................ Wages :bitchy:

Ivan Sproul:
We love him ... He loves us. Why deny him the chance to spoil it :greengrin

After that:

A nasty hard bstrd for midfield wi a pus like a bag o' bricks who spends half the season suspended, wi other teams players moaning in the papers that hes going to kill somebody one day.

A cultured midfielder wi fantastic ball control who can thread the eye of a needle from 40 yards ... Another Boozy would do fine.

A left back who can still get back into position after sprinting 70 yards to put in a pin point cross.

This is starting to look like a summer job folks. I wonder if Chelsea would let us have these players :greengrin

hibiedude
11-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Zander Diamond
Paul Dixon
Jonny Hayes
Leigh Griffiths
Michael Gardyne
Nigel Hasselbank

Zander Diamond are you joking :bitchy: he's one of the main reasons why Aberdeen have toiling over the last few seasons.

He is as lazy as they come and is only interested when Rangers or Celtic are the opposition.

stokesmessiah
11-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Zander Diamond are you joking :bitchy: he's one of the main reasons why Aberdeen have toiling over the last few seasons.

He is as lazy as they come and is only interested when Rangers or Celtic are the opposition.

He is also widely regarded as one of their main dressing room trouble makers :bitchy:

Im pretty sure thats the last thing we need?

4crichards
11-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Joe Murphy (Motherwell)
Hayes (ICT)
Sproule
John Sutton (Motherwell)
Adebayor loan :wink:

Golden Bear
11-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Anyone with pace and in almost any position will do for a start.

sparkiehibs
11-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Ivan Sproule (Bristol City)

Jamie Murphy (Motherwell)

Adam Rooney (ICT)

Garry O'Connor (Birmingham)

stokesmessiah
11-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Ivan Sproule (Bristol City)

Jamie Murphy (Motherwell)

Adam Rooney (ICT)

Garry O'Connor (Birmingham)

I am sure i read somewhere that today is the last of GOC's loan and his deal with Birmingham expires also????

Dunbar Hibee
11-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Jonny Hayes... ICT...

After that goal im with you.:greengrin

Riordans Boots
11-12-2010, 02:45 PM
After that goal im with you.:greengrin

Gettin' Auld
11-12-2010, 02:46 PM
:agree: We might get a couple of loan players in, maybe even a permanent transfer, but I'd have thought CC's job really starts in the summer. And thats when i expect we will see the major work done.
Aye nothing much ever happens in January - Maybe one player and a couple of loan deals, then hopefully big changes in the summer!

PaulSmith
11-12-2010, 02:48 PM
O'Connor has signed for Barnsley until the end of the season.

jdships
11-12-2010, 04:00 PM

Again I've got to agree with you
That's twice in one day :dizzy:

Hibercelona
11-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Every transfer window its obvious which players we should be signing, and every transfer window, we get players that couldn't be any further off from what we actually need. :bitchy:

I'd love to see Rooney, Murphy, Sproule & O'Connor sign for Hibs. But it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we don't sign any of them. Instead, we'll no doubt sign players that nobody has ever heard of before and the passenger spiral will continue. :boo hoo:

Alfred E Newman
11-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Anyone with pace and in almost any position will do for a start.

:agree::agree::agree:

frazeHFC
11-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Paul Dixon, Craig Conway, Danny Swanson, Garry Kenneth, Ivan Sproule, Leigh Griffiths, Adam Rooney and Liam Craig would keep me happy. But i could only see Sproule and Griffiths actually joining.

IWasThere2016
11-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Griffiths is wanted by Championship sides - who pay 2-3x our usual.

hfcok
11-12-2010, 05:18 PM
No Garry O,signing for Burney from Jan till end of season

ScottB
11-12-2010, 05:22 PM

We don't need yet another striker to sit on the treatment table anyway!

sesoim
11-12-2010, 09:55 PM
We don't need yet another striker to sit on the treatment table anyway!

:agree: Gary O'Connor is totally injury prone, so he'd be a waste of money (on his wages). We do need another real target man though - Trakys and another so we are never short up front.

I also expect Bamba to go and another CB to arrive in January. Sproule would be a great bonus as well. I agree with most people here though - CC wont' be able to do a lot until the summer, when it'll be about 12 out and 5 in.

new malkyhib
11-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Every transfer window its obvious which players we should be signing, and every transfer window, we get players that couldn't be any further off from what we actually need. :bitchy:

I'd love to see Rooney, Murphy, Sproule & O'Connor sign for Hibs. But it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we don't sign any of them. Instead, we'll no doubt sign players that nobody has ever heard of before and the passenger spiral will continue. :boo hoo:

Correct.

stevie-bee
11-12-2010, 10:04 PM

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6567259,00.html
only signing till end of season then hopefully to Hibs, cant see it he will probaly be away to the old firm

booshsutton
12-12-2010, 01:37 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6567259,00.html
only signing till end of season then hopefully to Hibs, cant see it he will probaly be away to the old firm

Garry O has just put his big house in Archerfield on the market, read into that what you will :cool2:

KanyeWestLower
12-12-2010, 01:54 AM
What about that Adam Le Fondre from Rotherham i think?, think hes got around 17 goals down there and looks class!

Hibee_Rab
12-12-2010, 03:56 AM
Zoko that plays for carlisle would be good for hibs. Nothing to suggest we'd go for him tho

scoopyboy
12-12-2010, 08:34 AM

A bit harsh on CC surely. He hasn't had a transfer window yet so surely deserves a chance before you class his signings passengers.

I take it you know every player that is worthwhile, so if CC signs someone you haven't heard of he is automatically garbage.

I also assume you heard of Ivan Sproule and Boozy before they signed.

Hamish
12-12-2010, 08:37 AM
Zoko that plays for carlisle would be good for hibs. Nothing to suggest we'd go for him tho

Carlisle v Rochdale was a game taken in by members of the scouting team recently

''Paul Dixon, Craig Conway, Danny Swanson, Garry Kenneth, Ivan Sproule, Leigh Griffiths, Adam Rooney and Liam Craig would keep me happy''

Insert screaming habdabs smiley here

matty_f
12-12-2010, 08:43 AM

Brilliant! Bad news if we don't sign 3 former players and one from ict. Meanwhile thousands of footballers are dismissed because we, with our vast knowledge of potential payers (so long as they haver played for us before, likes) have decided that they're probably not good enough.

marinello59
12-12-2010, 09:04 AM

It's always been the way. I remember a few years back we signed some Irish guy called Sproule nobody had heard of. And there was some guy called Murphy. Surely we would learn from mistakes like that. :agree:

Aldo
12-12-2010, 09:28 AM
I am sure CC and his scouting staff have players in mind and would like to think there will be 2 maybe 3 coming in Jan to steady the ship.

As for the summer..well thats when the hard work begins however once again I would like to think CC and Adams know who..if anyone they would like to keep and the players they will trust to come in and do a job for us.

Toaods
12-12-2010, 09:48 AM
CC will be working hard already finding players to bring in at the end of the season. I expect a 3 or 4 loans to guarantee Top 6 finish. Would like to see us go for Eaton at Burnley. Looked decent at Hamilton and Grounds doesn't appear to be good enough to chase after.

brog
12-12-2010, 11:20 AM
I think Chris Hughton's departure is bad news for us. I'm sure CC may have been looking at Newcastle as a source for some loan transfers.

Green_one
12-12-2010, 12:14 PM
While I would like to get a couple of players in I think major change during January is no required, simply because we are unlikely to get the players we really need and secondly because we are unlikely to improve our position beyond bottom 6 anyway. Players signed now are also extra cash as the 'leavers' have not yet left.

Better to wait for summer. Nice if we got someone like Griffiths signed up for then.

basehibby
12-12-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm hoping that CC's experience down south will see him be able to source a couple of gems in the David Murphy/Dean Shields mold.

I can't see a whole lot of movement happening in january though - however, would like to see us land Ivan again and I think there's a reasonable chance of that happening - wants to come & Bristol City wouldn't be too hard to deal with from what I can gather.

RickyS
12-12-2010, 01:51 PM
CC will be working hard already finding players to bring in at the end of the season. I expect a 3 or 4 loans to guarantee Top 6 finish. Would like to see us go for Eaton at Burnley. Looked decent at Hamilton and Grounds doesn't appear to be good enough to chase after.

Easton is a very good player, anyone know if he has been featuring for Burnley much?

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-12-2010, 02:01 PM
I see Tevez has asked for a transfer, could be worth putting an offer in.

jackhfc
12-12-2010, 04:55 PM
What about that Adam Le Fondre from Rotherham i think?, think hes got around 17 goals down there and looks class!

So therefore would never come to Hibs..

Sadly

Franck is God
12-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Easton is a very good player, anyone know if he has been featuring for Burnley much?

He scored against Leeds yesterday if that counts.

SteveHFC
12-12-2010, 09:41 PM

He has played 5 games in the Championship this season so far.

KanyeWestLower
13-12-2010, 01:27 AM
So therefore would never come to Hibs..

Sadly

Think hes had around the same total last 2 seasons, nobody has been in for him. Hibs would be a good stepping stone in my opinion

Toaods
13-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Le Fondre is smaller than Zemmama. Wouldn't cut it at SPL level.

Skanko79
13-12-2010, 07:37 AM
The laddie Adam Le Fondre fi Rotherham would be nice. Goal machine.

Craig Bryson
Paul Dixon
Ivan Sproule
Adam Rooney

HFC 0-7
13-12-2010, 08:59 AM
If there is 3 relegated at the end of the season because of the league re structure CC better be signing a few players! I dont fancy our chances of staying out of the bottom 3 with current batch of players. Also, if the majority of the team can sign pre contracts with other clubs in January will these players really care if Hibs find themselves in a relegation battle? The problem this hibs team have been having a lot this season is getting motivated for the games, should they know that their career is with a team elsewhere, that means even less to get motivated about.

IMO its a risky business to have so many player that could be signing pre contracts in January.

soda70
14-12-2010, 11:50 AM
With what has recently happened at Motherwell there may be a bit unrest with the players, anyone know the availability of messrs, Blackman, Humphrey and Murphy as they IMHO 3 excellent young players.

Hibercelona
14-12-2010, 11:54 AM
It's always been the way. I remember a few years back we signed some Irish guy called Sproule nobody had heard of. And there was some guy called Murphy. Surely we would learn from mistakes like that. :agree:

My bad.

2 decent signings from about 100 passengers. A system that clearly works. :wink:

ScottB
14-12-2010, 12:01 PM
My bad.

2 decent signings from about 100 passengers. A system that clearly works. :wink:

How many of our good signings in recent years have been 'known quantities' and how many fit the 'nobody had heard of them' role?

Off the top of my head, there were the known quantities Murray, Riordan, Miller and Stokes.

Did anybody know much about Sproule, Murphy, Bamba, Jones, Benji, Zemmama, Beuzelin et all?

And of course there were the oh so successful well known players like O'Brien, Makalambay and co...

I couldn't care less where our players come from, as long as they do a job. In fact, it annoys me that our rival clubs, like Dundee United, seem very skilled at plucking promising players out of the lower leagues, while folk on here demand we waste money on 'big names.'

Hibercelona
14-12-2010, 12:13 PM
How many of our good signings in recent years have been 'known quantities' and how many fit the 'nobody had heard of them' role?

Off the top of my head, there were the known quantities Murray, Riordan, Miller and Stokes.

Did anybody know much about Sproule, Murphy, Bamba, Jones, Benji, Zemmama, Beuzelin et all?

And of course there were the oh so successful well known players like O'Brien, Makalambay and co...

I couldn't care less where our players come from, as long as they do a job. In fact, it annoys me that our rival clubs, like Dundee United, seem very skilled at plucking promising players out of the lower leagues, while folk on here demand we waste money on 'big names.'

I'd much rather we plucked players from the lower leagues.

They may not be the most glamorous, but they are tough, consistant & play for the jersey.

If we could mix some tough types with a bit of added flair, we'd be doing far better IMO.

We just never seem to get the balance right, which is so frustrating! :grr:

Ritchie
14-12-2010, 12:15 PM
dear o dear..... standards must really have dropped if people are hoping grounds loan deal is extended!! :bitchy:

GloryGlory
14-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I'd much rather we plucked players from the lower leagues.

They may not be the most glamorous, but they are tough, consistant & play for the jersey.If we could mix some tough types with a bit of added flair, we'd be doing far better IMO.

We just never seem to get the balance right, which is so frustrating! :grr:

That must be what Duff Jimmy thought all along!

truehibernian
14-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I think Derek Adams recent interview sheds and interesting light on the way the management team are thinking, especially his comments re drinking and looking after your body on and off the field.

I think many players will be shocked at how ruthless the cull is going to be and it will not don on them until we get to February and they have not had any wee call from their agent or Mr Petrie. I also think their off field standards are being closely scrutinised as is their overall fitness levels. The only players CC has mentioned in media outlets as having initial talks or "wanting at the club" is Derek and Liam. That for me says it all. Clearly the business is never conducted in public, but I cannot see many of the out of contract players surviving at Hibs. Zemmama's injury record I am afraid will count against him, despite me thinking he should be along with Derek the first ones we sign up and extend.

Although it is soundbites, I am absolutely delighted we now have CC and DA in place. Summer is going to be very interesting, and for me, all to the benefit of Hibernian and us fans. Literally a brand new team to look forward to, hopefully with pace and power, with Welsh, Byrne and Booth all introduced as well. Happier times ahead guaranteed.

superfurryhibby
14-12-2010, 12:34 PM
I would like to see a decent target man style centre forward. Only one mention for him but from what I've seen this season Conor Sammon at Killie has looked the best of the SPL bunch. He has a bit of pace, scores goals and wins the ball in the air and is generally a bit of a nuisance. Maybe Killie would take Nish back in part-ex.

Beyond that not sure, we need full backs and an effective wide player as a matter of urgency so I would hope CC thinks about addressing that in January.

Hibee87
14-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I would like to see a decent target man style centre forward. Only one mention for him but from what I've seen this season Conor Sammon at Killie has looked the best of the SPL bunch. He has a bit of pace, scores goals and wins the ball in the air and is generally a bit of a nuisance. Maybe Killie would take Nish back in part-ex.

Beyond that not sure, we need full backs and an effective wide player as a matter of urgency so I would hope CC thinks about addressing that in January.

I think we may already have that in trakys, once he is match fit he looks liek he could be very useful. Before he tweaked his hamstring or whatever it was IIRC all games he started in we won. Motherwell was the first i can recall watching him and he never lost one header in the air, held the ball in brilliantly and laid it off to deek or the midfield well, he was never on his arse and most importatly I dont recal him ever being offside. I wasnt at the rangers game but he was praised highly enough on here. only probelm is his fitness and is he injury prone or not time will tell. Sammon looks a stick on to be off to the gers as well.

i think calderwood might bring in a few loan players till the end of the season to see us thorugh finishing mid tables i would hazard a guess at. its next year we will see the true sign of things to come.

i cant see many players 2 or 3 having there contracts renewd and im sure CC and DA have a list in there minds or on paper abotu potential targets for next season.

smurf
14-12-2010, 01:20 PM
I see Tevez has asked for a transfer, could be worth putting an offer in.

I suspect we've tapped him up. If not Petrie should go.

JimBHibees
14-12-2010, 01:57 PM
I'd imagine we may get a couple of EPL loan signings in probably Newcastle and Villa given Gary McAllister is now assistant there. Possibly a permanent signing if certain clubs are tight for money and a bargain is to be had. Between now and the end of the season I would be looking for a bit of improvement both in terms of fitness and also organisation with players knowing what their role is in the team and also other players roles also.

JimBHibees
14-12-2010, 01:58 PM
With what has recently happened at Motherwell there may be a bit unrest with the players, anyone know the availability of messrs, Blackman, Humphrey and Murphy as they IMHO 3 excellent young players.

He is on loan from Blackburn. Murphy I think is a very good player.

eastmainsmsh
14-12-2010, 05:34 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6577609,00.html :wink:

monktonharp
15-12-2010, 10:45 PM
a team of ivan sproules,riordan and murray on the bench , would be better than now

500miles
16-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Connor Sammon.
Jose Goncalves.
Brahim Hemdani.
Marius Niculae.
Liam Craig.
Danny Swanson.

I would take an interest in these sorts of players.

Brads Laing
16-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Le Fondre is smaller than Zemmama. Wouldn't cut it at SPL level.
Cause Zemamma can't cut it at SPL level

Brads Laing
16-12-2010, 06:51 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6577609,00.html :wink:
Good shout:agree:

MrRobot
16-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Signed:
David Murphy
Somebody in midfield to win the ball
Leigh Griffiths
Left winger

Coming back:
Byrne back
Booth back
Zemmama back from injury
Duffy back from injury

New contracts:
Bamba
Riordan
Miller
Zemmama

HIBERNIAN 1875
16-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Leigh Griffiths
Michael Gardyne (Down to Adams :wink:)
Murray Davidson
Steven Hammell

essexhibee
16-12-2010, 10:55 PM
With derek adams as the assitant now..what about Gardyne?

Speedway
17-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Donaldson's on his way back up the road.

Rivers Cuomo
17-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Donaldson's on his way back up the road.

People on this site always slate him, he scores loads for Crewe though, always noticing his name popping up on Sky Sports News on a Saturday!

sundo1875
17-12-2010, 02:23 PM
People on this site always slate him, he scores loads for Crewe though, always noticing his name popping up on Sky Sports News on a Saturday!

yeh , Crewe.

Cropley10
17-12-2010, 04:15 PM
It would be fascinating to know the players Hughes was going to sign as part of the strategy to let the 16 contracts run down together.

And to compare these with the names Calderwood has in mind.

Shame we'll never know.

hibsbollah
17-12-2010, 04:19 PM

If I could pick a player from Motherwell it'd be Hateley. Could be the overlapping right back instead of Mr Hart.

keep the faith
17-12-2010, 05:06 PM
If I could pick a player from Motherwell it'd be Hateley. Could be the overlapping right back instead of Mr Hart.

Hart is fine imo. There are plenty areas we need to address before right back.

allezsauzee
17-12-2010, 05:35 PM
I think the big changes will occur in the summer when CC can allow the players he doesn't want leave and hopefully we'll get the ones he wants to keep on new contracts.

Hamish
17-12-2010, 06:41 PM
I think the big changes will occur in the summer when CC can allow the players he doesn't want leave and hopefully we'll get the ones he wants to keep on new contracts.

Correct. Just as the previous manager wanted to do