PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood wants to keep Riordan

Dan Sarf
10-12-2010, 03:34 PM
It says so here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9277072.stm

matty_f
10-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Good news. Hopefully deek won't be hard to deal with now that cc has gone on record saying he wants deek to stay.

Hibercelona
10-12-2010, 03:39 PM
He'd be a nutcase if he didn't want to keep him!

Love the first part of the article.

Manager Colin Calderwood has held talks with "one or two" of the 16 Hibernian players due to be out of contract at the end of the season.

Heres hoping its only 1 or 2. :pray:

Andy74
10-12-2010, 03:43 PM
We hear a lot about what Hibs should be doing on this but very little about whether Derek has any intention of signing on for reasonable wages again. Let's hope he is easy enough to deal with this time.

StarMan10
10-12-2010, 03:44 PM

Manager Colin Calderwood has held talks with "one or two" of the 16 Hibernian players due to be out of contract at the end of the season.

riordan and miller you would think?

Riordans Boots
10-12-2010, 03:48 PM
It says so here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9277072.stm

:pray:

This is really good news to hear - And I hope a new contract is sorted asap :agree:

Why is Smeltic always mentioned - does ma brain in :grr:

bingo70
10-12-2010, 03:51 PM
So does this mean that Riordan has finally found a manger that he gets on with? If those in the know are to believed this will be his first as a professional footballer so he's surely bound to sign a new deal :dunno: :devil:

Bostonhibby
10-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Good news then, heres hoping CC isn't heading for a wee disagreement with RP as theres every chance Deek will want money? :wink:

jdships
10-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Good news then, heres hoping CC isn't heading for a wee disagreement with RP as theres every chance Deek will want money? :wink:

Every player get's a "signing on fee" even when they sign a new contract :confused:

Bostonhibby
10-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Every player get's a "signing on fee" even when they sign a new contract :confused:

Wages?

down-the-slope
10-12-2010, 04:20 PM
We hear a lot about what Hibs should be doing on this but very little about whether Derek has any intention of signing on for reasonable wages again. Let's hope he is easy enough to deal with this time.

:agree: personally i'm easy either way whether he satys or not...but at least this way the club can't be seen as the bad guys if it fails to happen.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-12-2010, 04:27 PM
:pray:

Why is Smeltic always mentioned - does ma brain in :grr:

Me tae :grr: the former Celtic player he always gets called...aye right :bitchy:

Part/Time Supporter
10-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Me tae :grr: the former Celtic player he always gets called...aye right :bitchy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNqKNFxXn0M

a fair summation of Riordan's time at Celtc

:greengrin

stokesmessiah
10-12-2010, 04:37 PM
"We've got to make sure we've got personnel going on that will help us from February onwards, but in reality you really want people who will be here longer than that."

Thought that was quite interesting...is that a hint that despite what people seem to think we may see longer term people coming in instead of loan deals?

Or am i possibly just reading too much into this?

jdships
10-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Wages?

You simply said "Deek will want money" :greengrin

Hibercelona
10-12-2010, 04:57 PM

Gives me the Boke! :sick:

He had 5 minutes playing time for Celtic and he's the "ex Celtic Striker". :grr:

Oh... how lucky we were to get such a great player from Celtic. Who really done a great job with him when they got him from us!! :rolleyes:

yekimevol
10-12-2010, 05:06 PM
riordan and miller you would think?

i would prefer bamba and riordan tbh :)

matty_f
10-12-2010, 05:11 PM
i would prefer bamba and riordan tbh :)

There's nothing stopping us trying to keep all three!:thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
10-12-2010, 05:31 PM
:agree: personally i'm easy either way whether he satys or not...but at least this way the club can't be seen as the bad guys if it fails to happen.

Admire your calmness but just who exactly is going to score for us if he leaves?

Not sure of the stats this year but I'm pretty sure no other striker has scored this season.

Hibercelona
10-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Admire your calmness but just who exactly is going to score for us if he leaves?

Not sure of the stats this year but I'm pretty sure no other striker has scored this season.

We've scored 17 goals so far this season. 6 coming from Riordan and 9 coming from Midfielders/Defenders. :bitchy:

The other 2 coming from Nish and Stokes. :bitchy:

IWasThere2016
10-12-2010, 06:38 PM

Think it might help this time if a new deal isnae swiped away as he reaches for the pen :wink:

Bostonhibby
10-12-2010, 08:12 PM
You simply said "Deek will want money" :greengrin

I surrender, you got me there....................:greengrin.

How about Deek will want more money?

Andy74
10-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Think it might help this time if a new deal isnae swiped away as he reaches for the pen :wink:

Aye, it might!:greengrin

IWasThere2016
10-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Aye, it might!:greengrin

yekimevol
10-12-2010, 11:05 PM
There's nothing stopping us trying to keep all three!:thumbsup:

miller is not one of my favourite players. would only keep him if the contract was right for us.

GloryGlory
12-12-2010, 01:11 PM

Rankin and Nish. :agree: