PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Signing

Sergey
10-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I notice that this years event was rescheduled for last night. How did it go?

matty_f
10-12-2010, 01:48 PM
No idea. Has anyone else got no idea?

H18sry
10-12-2010, 01:54 PM
"think something along the lines of discount in clubstore will occur.... Last night for the calendar signing, due to disappointment of players not being able to make it, there was 25% off all stock as a gesture......"

Taken from here http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?199197-Reduced-Ticket-Prices-Festive-Family-Fun-Night-Dundee-Utd-29th-December

But apart from that I have no idea :wink:

Carheenlea
10-12-2010, 02:13 PM
My mate was there and he said it was pretty quiet, not the snaking queues as in previous years, but only 4 players unable to make it which was not too bad. Surprisingly Deeks was one of them, I assumed he was based in Edinburgh? Think a lot of kids would have been disappointed their favourite player was missing, and will be from their calendar.

Dashing Bob S
10-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Reminds me of the time I went to look for my grandad's war medals. but they were missing. Then I went to a party at Gary MacKay's house and what looked suspiciously like the said items, mounted in a case on his living room wall. Anyone else ever found they had something missing?

silverhibee
10-12-2010, 02:45 PM
My mate was there and he said it was pretty quiet, not the snaking queues as in previous years, but only 4 players unable to make it which was not too bad. Surprisingly Deeks was one of them, I assumed he was based in Edinburgh? Think a lot of kids would have been disappointed their favourite player was missing, and will be from their calendar.

He hasn't stayed in Edinburgh for a good while now.

matty_f
10-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Reminds me of the time I went to look for my grandad's war medals. but they were missing. Then I went to a party at Gary MacKay's house and what looked suspiciously like the said items, mounted in a case on his living room wall. Anyone else ever found they had something missing?

I once lost a wiki-leak list of racist former footballers who have won f*** all, and I can't remember any of the names on it.

Can anyone else think of a racist former footballer who won f*** all?

Hibbyradge
10-12-2010, 03:06 PM
I notice that this years event was rescheduled for last night. How did it go?

:top marks

WindyMiller
10-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Did any catch the Chelsea score?

Rossco442
10-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Ahem. Back to topic . . .

Calendar signing was good, like mentioned above only 4 player didn't make it. CC and DA were there also. The 25% off was a good gesture although there didn't seem to be any normal sizes of clothing left in the shop - a ploy by Hibs to flog their under-selling gear in XS/3XL sizes or am I being too cynical?:greengrin

Joe's ice cream
10-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Threads with this name should be stopped:wink:

matty_f
10-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Threads with this name should be stopped:wink:

Why's that then?:greengrin

Hibby K
10-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Keeping in mind how often we slag off Calendar Signings think we should give Hibs some credit where it's due here as last night's event run very smoothly.
It obviously started a bit earlier than the scheduled 6pm start (players wanting home early to watch Corrie?) as my daughter and I arrived at 5.50pm and had all the signatures by 6.15pm.
Despite the conditions around roads and pavements (no way a game would have been allowed on!) only 5 players failed to attend namely Riordan, Rankine, Brown. McBride and Duffy.
Having spent hours in queues before at this event, last night's was very efficiently run - now if only we could take our Calendar Signing form on to the pitch at weekends. :greengrin

EH6 Hibby
10-12-2010, 06:53 PM
I was there with my 6 year old son and his friend from school, it was very well organised, my only complaint would be the players themselves. With the exception of Chris Hogg and one or two others they didn't speak to the kids, a few didn't even look at them, they just took their calendar from them and then slid it back across the table to them without looking up. As far as I know there were only 500 tickets for last night so it's not like they had to deal with thousands of kids. CC and Derek Adams spoke to them though! :thumbsup:

Nailrod
11-12-2010, 04:38 AM
My wee laddie is only six. We are very disappointed with the way this calendar signing thread has been organised.

I don't think I'll be back. :no way:

Nailrod
11-12-2010, 04:58 AM
Frankly, we're both gutted.

ronaldo7
11-12-2010, 07:54 AM
I was there with my 6 year old son and his friend from school, it was very well organised, my only complaint would be the players themselves. With the exception of Chris Hogg and one or two others they didn't speak to the kids, a few didn't even look at them, they just took their calendar from them and then slid it back across the table to them without looking up. As far as I know there were only 500 tickets for last night so it's not like they had to deal with thousands of kids. CC and Derek Adams spoke to them though! :thumbsup:

It's the way they're trained. Same as the fitba training imo, going to make a pass, don't look up and slide it over to eh nobody. The limited vocabulary at the table comes directly from ER where they don't want to be heard by the third row from the back of the stand. I mean, communicating with each other :grr:

Hope you and your lad had a reasonable evening:wink:

H18sry
11-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Was any orange juice spilt, and what time did the game start at?

.Sean.
11-12-2010, 09:19 AM
What time's the Chelsea game on?

BEEJ
11-12-2010, 10:55 AM
My wee laddie is only six. We are very disappointed with the way this calendar signing thread has been organised.

I don't think I'll be back. :no way:

Frankly, we're both gutted.
:greengrin

I feel your pain!