PDA

View Full Version : Has hibs.net usage fallen massively over the last year or so?

hibs0666
09-12-2010, 07:29 PM
It might be just my imagination, but it looks to me that usage of this site has fallen off significantly over the last year or two.

Relatively few threads seem to attract posts these days, and you don't need to go too far down page 1 to find threads that haven't attracted a post for hours. I can't say I'm blameless, and I find little enthusiasm to post on all things Hibs these days.

Is everyone else using the site as regularly these days as they have in the past?

nonshinyfinish
09-12-2010, 07:30 PM
It might be just my imagination, but it looks to me that usage of this site has fallen off significantly over the last year or two.

Relatively few threads seem to attract posts these days, and you don't need to go too far down page 1 to find threads that haven't attracted a post for hours.
I can't say I'm blameless, and I find little enthusiasm to post on all things Hibs these days.

Is everyone else using the site as regularly these days as they have in the past?

Bump.

greenlex
09-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Bump.
:top marks

PaulSmith
09-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Prob a combination of a better official site product and on field performances.
Interesting though if it's just a perception or fact that usage is down?

Woody1985
09-12-2010, 07:47 PM
It does seem quieter, maybe the admins can provide stats for specific months, quarters etc.

Don't know what good it would do other than clarify but interesting all the same.

Removed
09-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Get Macar back. That'll sort it :agree:

DaveF
09-12-2010, 07:50 PM
I think it is quieter but IMO the board usage ties in with the performance of the team.

Hibs doing well = people want to talk about it and stick it to the yams.

Hibs doing poorly = exact opposite.

Still, on the main forum there are only 5 threads out of 40 not posted on today.

Compared to the sites rivals, that isn't even a close contest.

Wembley67
09-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Personally I think my usage is well down. For us folk that have been in this board for a while just see the same old threads getting regurgated every year or so with a different players name inserted...nowt new. It would have to be something extremely obscure for a new thread to appear that's never been seen before.

WindyMiller
09-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Personally I think my usage is well down. For us folk that have been in this board for a while just see the same old threads getting regurgated every year or so with a different players name inserted...nowt new. It would have to be something extremely obscure for a new thread to appear that's never been seen before.

:agree:

e.g.Colin Nish; been said, move on.

IWasThere2016
09-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Personally, my usage is down.

I think too many threads about the same or merging into the same theme re Nish, Hogg, Yogi etc ..

Roll on the January windae..

hibs0666
09-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Just ran a wee check on one of the website valuation tool thingys and it looks like page views are down around a half on a year or so ago.

What we need is something brilliant or extremely controversial to happen at the club. Alternatively, a right good internet pagger would probably do the job too. :wink:

WindyMiller
09-12-2010, 08:19 PM

e.g.Colin Nish; been said, move on.

From the other side; I rarely post in the 24 hours following a defeat as the Main Board is just a ****ing car crash!

R'Albin
09-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Personally, my usage is down.<br />
<br />
I think too many threads about the same or merging into the same theme re Nish, Hogg, Yogi etc ..<br />
<br />

Definitely, especially nishy. I love when the transfer window is open, I love listening to all the rumours and theexcitement of a new signing:)
<br />

ionahibby
09-12-2010, 08:22 PM

Relatively few threads seem to attract posts these days, and you don't need to go too far down page 1 to find threads that haven't attracted a post for hours. I can't say I'm blameless, and I find little enthusiasm to post on all things Hibs these days.

Sacking of a manager usually attracts people :greengrin

hibs0666
09-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Sacking of a manager usually attracts people :greengrin

If only we had an owner who was a total spanner, a manager who doubled as a convicted child abuser, players that lived like pigs and/or supporters that smashed up ambulances then this site would be quids in. :wink:

Liam89
09-12-2010, 08:40 PM
The past few months in particular have been all the same. A few bull transfer rumours and relatively low amount of Hibs talk besides Colin Nish is **** etc.

jdships
09-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Personally, my usage is down.

I think too many threads about the same or merging into the same theme re Nish, Hogg, Yogi etc ..

Agree :thumbsup:

snooky
09-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I think possible reasons for the gradual downturn in postings are ...

a) When people in the know hear something these days they probably keep it to themselves &/or pass it on verbally to their inner circle.
b) As someone above said, a lot of same old same old, (i.e. Nish, the flag debate, etc.)
c) There's not really much to write about - probably a reflection of the quality of football we're watching these days.
d) Lack of characters (like Ivan) in the team. Deek's probably the only one we have just now.
d) Posters getting fed up being 'set upon' by others who have a different view point. They probably say to themselves (and rightly so) 'why bother'. I would think we've lost a few quality posters because this.

Just my opinion like. :cool2:

Peevemor
09-12-2010, 09:12 PM

a) When people in the know hear something these days they probably keep it to themselves &/or pass it on verbally to their inner circle.
b) As someone above said, a lot of same old same old, (i.e. Nish, the flag debate, etc.)
c) There's not really much to write about - probably a reflection of the quality of football we're watching these days.
d) Lack of characters (like Ivan) in the team. Deek's probably the only one we have just now.
d) Posters getting fed up being 'set upon' by others who have a different view point. They probably say to themselves (and rightly so) 'why bother'. I would think we've lost a few quality posters because this.

What would you know twatface? :bitchy:

:cool2:

lapsedhibee
09-12-2010, 09:26 PM
A year ago at least 50% of the threads on the front page of the main board were about the yams going in to administration next week. Since the admin pricks set up a separate forum for threads about the yams, you never see a thread about them here and that's the sole reason for the fall-off. :agree:

snooky
09-12-2010, 09:34 PM
What would you know twatface? :bitchy:

:cool2:

:faf::thumbsup::top marks

degenerated
09-12-2010, 09:35 PM
A year ago at least 50% of the threads on the front page of the main board were about the yams going in to administration next week. Since the admin pricks set up a separate forum for threads about the yams, you never see a thread about them here and that's the sole reason for the fall-off. :agree:

is there a seperate forum for those yam threads, no-one told this admin about it if there is :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
09-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Just too much Hearts type threads and the constant Nish/Hogg/<<insert players name>> hate threads that appear here at 16:46 every saturday* are getting boring.

*weather permitting :greengrin

MSK
09-12-2010, 10:55 PM
You're probably not an Admin Prick then.Aye he is ...:agree:

Dunbar Hibee
09-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Down to those admin Pricks:agree:

Removed
09-12-2010, 11:39 PM
I personally think that a fair few knob ends have joined recently and as a result a large number of posters just stick to the pm board, social groups or give the site a total body swerve.

Peevemor
09-12-2010, 11:41 PM
I personally think that a fair few knob ends have joined recently and as a result a large number of posters just stick to the pm board, social groups or give the site a total bd swerve.

Fixed. :greengrin

Removed
09-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Fixed. :greengrin

:greengrin

It's my Sig pic. Scary or what eh Brockie :wink:

I remember one classic macar comment "I made Hibs.net what it is. Without me it's nothing" :faf:

Maybe it's true but probably not :greengrin

broonie27
10-12-2010, 02:08 AM
I don't post too much so my posting hasn't gone down but my viewing has gone down dramatically. Combination of on-field performance and exchanges with over zealous admins :duck:

I actually prefer to go to the Scotsman site and have a proper argument with some idiot jambos.

Baldy Foghorn
10-12-2010, 02:54 AM
I don't post too much so my posting hasn't gone down but my viewing has gone down dramatically. Combination of on-field performance and exchanges with over zealous admins :duck:

I actually prefer to go to the Scotsman site and have a proper argument with some idiot jambos.

I have read some debates between Hibbies and the yams on Scotsman site, and it is cringeworthy at times, name calling schoolboy stuff......I could not be bothered replying to those yam halfwits.......They would bore me to sleep

Baldy Foghorn
10-12-2010, 02:58 AM

It's my Sig pic. Scary or what eh Brockie :wink:

I remember one classic macar comment "I made Hibs.net what it is. Without me it's nothing" :faf:

Maybe it's true but probably not :greengrin

He certainly loves to blow his trumpet..... And the place is certainly quieter without him, although probably better too:greengrin

He text me yesterday morning to tell me how much he loved hibs, as he was watching/listening to famous 5 footage on archives.......Bloody woke me up into the bargain......:grr:

IWasThere2016
10-12-2010, 06:02 AM

Very true Snooky.

There are increasing numbers of incoherent posts eg with txt speak also :grr: and that's a turn off :agree:

See you're a boobs man :wink:

HibbyAndy
10-12-2010, 08:25 AM
I dont post nearly as much as i used to, Tend to just read the threads now, Hardly any Jambos on either so nae banter way them.

MSK
10-12-2010, 08:40 AM
I dont post nearly as much as i used to, Tend to just read the threads now, Hardly any Jambos on either so nae banter way them.**** ..the way we are going we are gonna have tae lay off some Admins or put them on temp contracts ..:grr:

Sherlock Jones
10-12-2010, 08:47 AM
**** ..the way we are going we are gonna have tae lay off some Admins or put them on temp contracts ..:grr:

:hmmm: I'm going to have to consult the union rep about this!

MSK
10-12-2010, 08:51 AM
:hmmm: I'm going to have to consult the union rep about this!Consult away ..:greengrin

Sherlock Jones
10-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Consult away ..:greengrin

Ohhhh dear! :worried:

MSK
10-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Ohhhh dear! :worried:Yip..theres been a re-shuffle matey ...:bye:

AllyF
10-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Agree with the OP.

I used to come on here and post for a good few hours every day. Now all I come for is a brief 10 minute skim.

The reason: absolutely nothing to do with the site. I just can't get excited about Hibs right now.

Andy74
10-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Agree with the OP.

I used to come on here and post for a good few hours every day. Now all I come for is a brief 10 minute skim.

The reason: absolutely nothing to do with the site. I just can't get excited about Hibs right now.

I think it's all a bit circular.

There's an element on here and other sites these days that actively make people less excited about Hibs regardless of what's going on. If we are winning we are lucky etc.

There's too much of a want it all now mentality and we have become far less supportive of our team and our club as a result of websites that seem to create hysteria in one direction or another. That's society as a whole now I guess in the internet age.

Anyway, I find the quality on here these days pretty lacking, the same debates time and again, a lot less of the prominent posters from recent years and far more empty vessels making a lot of noise.

matty_f
10-12-2010, 11:06 AM
I think it's all a bit circular.

There's an element on here and other sites these days that actively make people less excited about Hibs regardless of what's going on. If we are winning we are lucky etc.

There's too much of a want it all now mentality and we have become far less supportive of our team and our club as a result of websites that seem to create hysteria in one direction or another. That's society as a whole now I guess in the internet age.

Anyway, I find the quality on here these days pretty lacking, the same debates time and again, a lot less of the prominent posters from recent years and far more empty vessels making a lot of noise.

Agree with this.:agree:

Very rarely even get a decent Petrie debate these days, and I think we all know who's to blame for that!

7Hero
10-12-2010, 11:43 AM

you are correctomundo russ. Also as i get older i get less tolerant of the young uns who cant write properly and think that bamba is the greatest player they have ever seen..

still look at the site everyday just nothing to add to the boards im afraid..

Speedy
10-12-2010, 12:06 PM
I don't post as much as I did last year. To be honest I'm not as interested in Hibs because we're crap and are in that uninteresting, not succeeding but not at risk of going down area. I'm also not on the internet as much as I was last year because I haven't got wireless at the moment.

Bad Martini
10-12-2010, 12:11 PM
I dont post nearly as much as i used to, Tend to just read the threads now, Hardly any Jambos on either so nae banter way them.

Ah agree wi ma mate Hamish here....

Ah also, as one should at these times, blame rangers (just cause, hun getts).

ENDOF :thumbsup:

Bad Martini
10-12-2010, 12:13 PM

Aye. I miss a good debate wi Andy74 aboot the merits of oor management versus oor strikers, wage structures and other such matters of very much importance :devil: :greengrin

mjhibby
10-12-2010, 12:28 PM

I think the quality on the field is the biggest issue.The entertainment at the games has fallen dramatically and with the refs doing their best to hog the limelight there is much less to enthuse about.The fact that a lot of people are enjoying games being off says it all for me and with crowd numbers down all over the place its not surprising usage on this site is down.Im sure calderwood and adams will sort the team out with a few astute signings in january we will see points gained,better football and lots more to talk about on here.

jonty
10-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Just ran a wee check on one of the website valuation tool thingys and it looks like page views are down around a half on a year or so ago.

What we need is something brilliant or extremely controversial to happen at the club. Alternatively, a right good internet pagger would probably do the job too. :wink:
which one is that? Without access to server log files I'm not sure that they'd be accurate.

I ran a valuation tool and it told me hibs.net was worth $76500 Large pinch of salt required :greengrin
http://www.urlappraisal.net/appraisal/hibs.net.html

(see attached)

perhaps the main forum is less busy but other areas (PM board, arcade, dug-out etc) are busier?

smurf
10-12-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm a bit like this with Hibs...

1981-1996 It was a long long honeymoon. Butterflies in the tummy whenever i thought Hibs. Couldn't tolerate any criticism of anything about my club. Felt sick and worried at events 1990... But i was getting very frustrated by Lexo...

1996-1998 Thought we were on and off the park a shambles. I started to feel all political....

1998-2001 GJP restored our dignity on the park.

2002-2004 Miserable times. Dreaded going to games. Feel out of love with the club i love...

2004-2006 Mowbray restored our dignity on the park.

2006-2007 Could see what JC wanted to do. Frustration in the main but that wonderful day at Hampden...

2008-2010 In the main miserable times... The football is awful. The SPL is boring. There's no excitement at ER. No passion. My heart just isn't in it as much... Indeed until a few minutes ago i wasn't even aware that we were at Hamilton the morn...

And i think that's reflecting the posts and quantity of posts on all things Hibs here and elsewhere...

Roll on the summer.

Mikey
10-12-2010, 01:25 PM

Oocha. That's a fair old jump for a website that's dying on it's arse.

One thing that has been very noticeable though is the drop in the amount that our fundraising ventures have taken in.

As an example. Last season's two MF competitions raised £540 and £425. This season's competition only raised £205. There will be another one in January or February.

The Kicks For Kids half season tickets have been affected in the same way. This time last year we bought 16 half season tickets. So far this year we've raised enough for 4.

To me, that's the most startling example of the downward spiral.

The site itself seems to be in rude health though :wink:

4 Front Teeth
10-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Clearly the main reason for less activity on the site is that too many people get baned for no reason other than the admins don’t like their point of view or tone.

I know quite a few good Hibs fans that have been banned, most of them accused of bring Yams. These guys obviously take the huff and stop going to the site.

Usually the guys that are banned have something interesting to say, the admins have effectively cleansed the site from any interesting characters, therefore making it boring at times.

DaveF
10-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Clearly the main reason for less activity on the site is that too many people get baned for no reason other than the admins don’t like their point of view or tone.

I know quite a few good Hibs fans that have been banned, most of them accused of bring Yams. These guys obviously take the huff and stop going to the site.

Usually the guys that are banned have something interesting to say, the admins have effectively cleansed the site from any interesting characters, therefore making it boring at times.

:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

Quick, can some admin ban this yam fud :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
10-12-2010, 01:41 PM

Give an example then.

Mikey
10-12-2010, 01:46 PM

I love these posts :greengrin

Once you've provided PTS with an example, explain to me why you've been allowed to post that by the horrible admins.

matty_f
10-12-2010, 01:47 PM

I don't know of anyone who had been banned because the admin team don't like their point of view. For a start, the admins don't have a collective point of view.

I'm sure there are hibs fans that have been mistaken for yams, but there are a lot of yams try to ruin the site for genuine hibs fans and I suppose the admins can't get every one right.

I've seen people banned because they don't follow the site rules or won't adhere to board etiquette, but really that is up to the individual to change rather than the site.

Mikey
10-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Clearly the main reason for less activity on the site

Did you bother to read the stats?......

November 2009 - 38,404,288 hits

November 2010 - 62,680,350 hits

That's over 24 million more hits in the space of one year.

Mikey
10-12-2010, 02:27 PM

How are you getting on finding the names of all these people we've kicked out simply because we don't like them?

It can't be too tricky if there are "quite a few" of them.

Beefster
10-12-2010, 02:55 PM
I personally think that a fair few knob ends have joined recently and as a result a large number of posters just stick to the pm board, social groups or give the site a total body swerve.

I think it's partly because of the lack of bell-ends recently. We've driven pretty much all supporters of other clubs and all of the Hibs-supporting posters who used to be remotely controversial and stimulate debate (no matter how irritating they were).

Add to that, the increase in posters who think that they are minor celebrities, the rise and rise of cliques/social groups and the lack of reasoned debate, it's inevitable that the site will suffer. Unfortunately (for here), there are better places nowadays if you just want to have a pleasant chat about common interests.

Activity doesn't equal quality.

matty_f
10-12-2010, 02:59 PM
I think it's partly because of the lack of bell-ends recently. We've driven pretty much all supporters of other clubs and all of the Hibs-supporting posters who used to be remotely controversial and stimulate debate (no matter how irritating they were).

Add to that, the increase in posters who think that they are minor celebrities, the rise and rise of cliques/social groups and the lack of reasoned debate, it's inevitable that the site will suffer. Unfortunately (for here), there are better places nowadays if you just want to have a pleasant chat about common interests.

I must have missed the celebrity posters, and you would be amazed at how infrequently the groups are updated. The pm board sees far more activity than all of the groups combined.

DaveF
10-12-2010, 03:01 PM
I can't see how a Yam can ruin this site. What can they do? They don't bother me in the slightest. In fact when I see people ketting faxed back to Kaunas I'm mostly amazed apart from the odd blatant one.I guess there are people disecting every word or combination of words. If someone posts something utterly stupid I just ignore them :agree:

What, like Maka being a good keeper.....

marinello59
10-12-2010, 03:05 PM

Aye, ****ing admins are to blame. . If only they would **** off and leave it to you to run this place. Why don't you offer your services? :agree:

degenerated
10-12-2010, 03:38 PM
I've known this roaster for some time. He's a massive organ. Don't think he's too much into stats :greengrin

quote edited just for the banter, like :devil:

clearly not or he wouldn't have just completely ignored the fact that it appears to be a lot busier than last year, which i must say i am pleasantly surprised at

perhaps he was too busy spouting unsubtantiated rubbish to pay attention :greengrin

4 Front Teeth
10-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Give an example then.

1) Hibs City - given no warnings, posts seemed ok to me, he was banned.

2) Hibs Spain - banned for being foolish enough to like Maka. He posted a lot of other daft things but he seemed to be a Hibs fan and was reasonably entertaining.

3) How about a brilliant tread that was recently deleted, not sure why - the one where the OP said he had checked his facts about CC, he stated his facts and they were wrong, he then refused to admit he was wrong - a hilarious thread that was deleted.

degenerated
10-12-2010, 04:02 PM
I think you and everyone else knows hibs Spain is still here albeit under another guise.

MSK
10-12-2010, 04:08 PM

2) Hibs Spain - banned for being foolish enough to like Maka. He posted a lot of other daft things but he seemed to be a Hibs fan and was reasonably entertaining.

3) How about a brilliant tread that was recently deleted, not sure why - the one where the OP said he had checked his facts about CC, he stated his facts and they were wrong, he then refused to admit he was wrong - a hilarious thread that was deleted.Gonna stop digging that hole ...:faf::faf:

matty_f
10-12-2010, 04:43 PM

3) How about a brilliant tread that was recently deleted, not sure why - the one where the OP said he had checked his facts about CC, he stated his facts and they were wrong, he then refused to admit he was wrong - a hilarious thread that was deleted.

Are 2 and 3 related? I'm trying to think of the thread and I'm getting a vague memory of the thread being started by someone you know very well. :greengrin

sahib
10-12-2010, 05:48 PM

Add to that, the increase in posters who think that they are minor celebrities, the rise and rise of cliques/social groups and the lack of reasoned debate, it's inevitable that the site will suffer. . . . . . . . .

I was going to post something along those lines myself but couldn't work up the enthusiasm. Despite all that, this is still the only Hibs site I visit. The lack of actual football being played has not helped. If we were really dire and there had not been a change of manager then this place would have been buzzing. When we were crap under Williamson there was plenty of debate. Jaarko Wiss, alone, generated plenty of posts.

matty_f
10-12-2010, 05:52 PM
The substance of his point though is valid for me.The last three lines of the first paragraph of post 61 is very well put IMO :agree:

I don't agree, I think that the clique claim gets made but I'm yet to see someone back it up. Who is in this clique? The admins? Private Members? Family members who'll post to back others up? Where are the cliques?

The Social Groups see very little traffic - there have been times when they have been pretty active, but generally the number of posts in a day in the groups are lucky to reach double figures if you total all the posts in all the groups up.

For as long as I can remember posting on this site, people with 'out there' views have had their voice unless they are blatantly trying to wind people up, either through provoking an angry reaction from people, or constantly bringing up the same topics over and over again - hijacking other threads in the process, or are abusive to other posters.

These people get banned because people report the posts and complain about them. Not every complaint results in a ban, and people generally are given warnings to modify their behaviour prior to the last sanction of a ban. If they choose to ignore the warning for whatever reason, then that's their look-out.

It's one thing that really grits my sh*t, is when people make the claim that there is some kind of rule that if your view doesn't fit then you're out. It's bollocks.

If your view doesn't fit, people will rightly challenge it and argue against it. If you post something that 100 people disagree with, then expect 100 people to post telling you why they think you're wrong.

A quick read of a number of threads on here will show you how diverse the opinions are.

I'd love to hear what the admin's opinion on things is supposed to be, and who decided what opinion that should be.

BroxburnHibee
10-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Did you bother to read the stats?......

November 2009 - 38,404,288 hits

November 2010 - 62,680,350 hits

That's over 24 million more hits in the space of one year.

Very yammish post that Mikey.............

Never let the facts get in the way of an argument. :tee hee:

I don't agree, I think that the clique claim gets made but I'm yet to see someone back it up. Who is in this clique? The admins? Private Members? Family members who'll post to back others up? Where are the cliques?

The Social Groups see very little traffic - there have been times when they have been pretty active, but generally the number of posts in a day in the groups are lucky to reach double figures if you total all the posts in all the groups up.

For as long as I can remember posting on this site, people with 'out there' views have had their voice unless they are blatantly trying to wind people up, either through provoking an angry reaction from people, or constantly bringing up the same topics over and over again - hijacking other threads in the process, or are abusive to other posters.

These people get banned because people report the posts and complain about them. Not every complaint results in a ban, and people generally are given warnings to modify their behaviour prior to the last sanction of a ban. If they choose to ignore the warning for whatever reason, then that's their look-out.

It's one thing that really grits my sh*t, is when people make the claim that there is some kind of rule that if your view doesn't fit then you're out. It's bollocks.

If your view doesn't fit, people will rightly challenge it and argue against it. If you post something that 100 people disagree with, then expect 100 people to post telling you why they think you're wrong.

A quick read of a number of threads on here will show you how diverse the opinions are.

I'd love to hear what the admin's opinion on things is supposed to be, and who decided what opinion that should be.

Shut the **** up you! You're still on your trial period :wink:

Mikey
10-12-2010, 07:00 PM

1. - Can't see anything to suggest that this isn't an undercover yam stirring up trouble.

2. - Hibs Spain is back posting. You know that though, don't you.

3. - Don't know which one you mean.

Perhaps those of you who don't like the way the site is run could give us some advice on what we should be doing.

matty_f
10-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Calm down ... I said the last three lines of the FIRST paragraph ..:greengrin..
:greengrin my bad, thought it was the last three!

hahaha .. For the avoidance of doubt .. I meant 4 front teeth's point was valid and the last three lines of para one from post 61 was very well put.. :greengrin Think it was Beefster?

Yes, I thought you meant Beefster!:greengrin

Mikey
10-12-2010, 08:07 PM

I've just got round to reading this again properly.

Hibs Spain "seemed" to be a Hibs fan? You and I both know that you should know that.

I'm not interested in playing games with you. If you don't like the site, or the people who run it, don't use it. If you continue to play your silly wee games you won't be able to use it.

Got it?

marinello59
10-12-2010, 08:08 PM
I've met you a few times now and I admire the job you do on Hibs.net .. I don't know how you've done it for so long.I did Club 86 from 86 till around the time Sparks was "elevated" to the board and I'd had enough I'm terms of input.
Hibs City is an out and out Hibs fan.. I've personally driven him along with my three adult kids to every semi and final we've been in for the last ten years or so..I haven't read his posts that made you think he was a Yam but 4 front teeth has and if he can't see anything dodgy in those posts,it surprises me that anyone else could.Unlike myself 4 front teeth takes after his mother and is one of the fairest and most reasonable people you'll ever meet.
No idea about goalies thougj

And the reason why you didn't PM us at the time instead of holding your fire then having a very public whinge later is?

marinello59
10-12-2010, 08:29 PM
The reason is I didn't know he even posted on here until it came out in conversation. Which from memory was a good while after the ban. My wife reminds me as we talk it was the 22nd May after Annie's wedding reception at the City Chambers at which Stuart was a guest. And what's with the"whinge" nonesense?? There's a thread about a subject asking for examples of something. I've replied and it's a "whinge"?

Feel free to PM me if you want to continue this conversation.

BEEJ
10-12-2010, 11:27 PM
And yet, other controversial characters remain.

Go figure. :coolhib:

Hibbyradge
11-12-2010, 10:49 AM
How about a brilliant tread that was recently deleted, not sure why - the one where the OP said he had checked his facts about CC, he stated his facts and they were wrong, he then refused to admit he was wrong - a hilarious thread that was deleted.[/SIZE]

Was that the thread that the OP deleted himself?

ginger_rice
11-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Agree with this.:agree:

Very rarely even get a decent Petrie debate these days, and I think we all know who's to blame for that!

Aye even the last flag debate petered out after about 5 pages they used to go a lot longer than that. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
11-12-2010, 11:32 AM

How to win friends and influence people.

Wayne Rooney made a huge mistake when he labelled his team mates as not good enough to match his ambitions. He's still rebuilding his bridges.

You've just labelled a few thousand Hibs supporters as boring.

Effectively.

Hibbyradge
11-12-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't think you'd win any debating competition with that example of logic.:greengrin

Do we have debating competitions on hibs.net?

Are you one of the judges? :na na:

What logic are you referring to anyway? The logic that saying that "the admins have effectively cleansed the site from any interesting characters, therefore making it boring at times" is effectively saying that everyone who currently posts is boring?

Or that Wayne Rooney made a mistake?

matty_f
11-12-2010, 12:33 PM
If a site is boring at times does that make everyone that posts on it boring?

If all the interesting characters are removed, is it only the boring ones that remain?

Pretty Boy
11-12-2010, 12:43 PM
I was going to keep away from this thread but some of the nonsense thats being spouted means i feel like adding my two pennies.

For those claiming we remove all 'interesting' characters. Can i ask you who you mean exactly? And please give better examples than the last one as we all know that the at least one of those posters is back posting very regularly. What i think people need to realise is that we are trying to keep a few hundred regular and semi regular posters happy. Thats a few hundred different personalities, a few hundred different sense of humour and a few hundred people with different opinions, different ideas of whats offensive etc etc. We try to do our best to make the board enjoyable for all. Do we make mistakes? Of course we do, Have we banned people for being yams that aren't? More then likely. However we are trying our best, there is no vendettas, no favourites etc. If you abuse other posters, make intentionally controversial posts merely looking for a reaction, by pass the swear filter and so on you will be warned and given an infraction, if you continue to behave in the same way you will be given a ffurther warning or banned either for a certain time or indefinitely. Simple.

As for the belief there are cliques. There probably are some poster who know each other and habitually back each other up. Thats just the way things are. There is certainly no admin policy to protect an 'elite' group of posters. The admins aren't one united voice, we have disagreements about various issues the same as any other posters do, The PM board is open to anyone ho has 250 posts and is willing to stump up their tenner, the only other condition is that you are a Hibs fan. The other forums are there for everyone to use, if you have a view on something go and make it heard. The social groups don't, IMO, cause cliques and as Matty has said several times they are at times lucky to attract more than a few posts a day.

At the end of the day we are providing a board, we try to make it open to everyone, we try not to be 'pricks'. It's up to the posters to keep it fresh with new topics, new threads, lively debate. I still enjoy hibs.net, i'm maybe not as active as i used to be but thats for reasons other than the quality of the board. I would totally reject any suggestion that the admins have attempted to censor the board so that one viewpoint and one viewpoint only is acceptable and we certainly don't encourage cliques.

Rant over.:wink:

Hibbyradge
11-12-2010, 12:46 PM
If a site is boring at times does that make everyone that posts on it boring?

Who did Front Teeth think remain to make the site boring, if all the interesting characters have gone?

The very interesting ones? :rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
11-12-2010, 12:50 PM
If all the interesting characters are removed, is it only the boring ones that remain?

Are there only the two types, with nothing in between?

matty_f
11-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Are there only the two types, with nothing in between?

What is the inbetween category? What would you call someone that isn't interesting (apart from ' matty', obviously :greengrin )?

matty_f
11-12-2010, 01:23 PM
If all the interesting characters were removed then only the boring ones or slightly less than interesting ones would remain.. And varying degrees of being less interesting....I suppose we could start out with 10/10 interestingness 9/10 etc:greengrin

Great! Who gets to pick who goes where?

lapsedhibee
11-12-2010, 01:36 PM
What is the inbetween category? What would you call someone that isn't interesting (apart from ' matty', obviously :greengrin )?

You're saying there's only 2 categories. But aren't there actually 10 types of people - those who believe that everything's binary, and those who don't? Or something like that. :dizzy:

Beefster
11-12-2010, 01:57 PM
You're saying there's only 2 categories. But aren't there actually 10 types of people - those who believe that everything's binary, and those who don't? Or something like that. :dizzy:

There are actually three types of people. Those who can count and those who can't.

Hibbyradge
11-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Why don't you ask him yourself .. I'll hold your hand if you feel the need..:greengrin

:faf:

Given that my original reply was to him and you felt the need to jump into the debate on his behalf, it seems it's his hand you're holding!

Very chivalrous, though. Childline would be proud. :greengrin

basehibby
11-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Has the hibs.net usage fallen off over the last year?

Probably yes. A year or so ago we had a relatively new manager who many including myself had invested a lot of hope in. He had made some exciting new signings and the team was riding high in the league - plenty up for discussion there, plenty to be excited about and plenty yam-baiting and other passtimes to be indulged in.

A year on we have collectively emerged from the emotionally bruising ordeal of parting ways with (another) old fans favourite from the manager's chair - and plenty of fans have felt disillusioned with the team who, under Hughes' guidance, laid claim to the unwanted record of the worst run of home form in the club's history. To accompany these joys, we've seen last season's goal-getter in chief depart to the smelts for a somewhat paltry fee and his erstwhile replacement injured long term before an SPL ball was kicked - meanwhile, one of our most exciting players in Zemama has spent the best part of a season out injured.

On the bright side of things we've seen the stadium completed (great to see, but I think that spending on the squad may have been curtailed as a result) and we've seen Colin Calderwood appointed as manager (plenty of reason for hope but nothing to get too excited about as yet).

All of the above, although it includes the completion of the club's infrastructure, adds up to a less than inspiring current situation with not much for us to shout about - add to that the fact that there's not even been any football for the last fortnight thanks to the bloody weather and I think you have all the reasons you could possibly need for the quiet season currently in effect on Hibs.net.

Roll on January I could do with some excitement!

Mikey
11-12-2010, 03:09 PM

Probably yes.

Did you read post 58?

Jay
11-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Personally I think it is solely down to the footy being rubbish for so long. Its hard enough watching it without coming onto a Hibs messageboard and reading all the doom and gloom day in day out and to muster up enough interest to post is even harder. Everyone has 'fell oot' with the team and we all have petted lips. Nothing more than that in my opinion. Once the footy picks up so will our moods and it will all be fine again.

I think thats partly why the fundraising isnt as good as last year and partly because people are watching the pennies a bit more.

lyonhibs
11-12-2010, 11:52 PM
This thread bears an uncanny resemblence to a Monty Python sketch

sesoim
12-12-2010, 11:03 PM
From the other side; I rarely post in the 24 hours following a defeat as the Main Board is just a ****ing car crash!

That's when I'm on the most. Kind of anger management I think - if I've not been at the game I need to vent my anger online instead.

As to the postings being down - I think there is a general apathy surrounding the club, and a lot of football in general. Folk have too many other things to deal with just now, and Hibs aren't giving us too much to be hopeful about just now. I have to say the appointment of CC was and still is a real letdown.

Hibs need to do something interesting signings-wise in January or folk will drift away from games never mind Hibsnet. At the moment we are just another bottom-six club, who can't beat their local rivals, and we should be better than that. But do the people at the top care enough to do anything about it?

Big_S
14-12-2010, 06:39 PM
That's when I'm on the most. Kind of anger management I think - if I've not been at the game I need to vent my anger online instead.

As to the postings being down - I think there is a general apathy surrounding the club, and a lot of football in general. Folk have too many other things to deal with just now, and Hibs aren't giving us too much to be hopeful about just now. I have to say the appointment of CC was and still is a real letdown.

Hibs need to do something interesting signings-wise in January or folk will drift away from games never mind Hibsnet. At the moment we are just another bottom-six club, who can't beat their local rivals, and we should be better than that. But do the people at the top care enough to do anything about it?

I've barely ever posted, but I used to check this site all day. I'd say it's not the site that may have become boring, but Hibs and the SPL. I wouldn't want to say boring, more 'same old...'.

steakbake
14-12-2010, 08:58 PM
As much as i like h.net, its rare to see a genuinely original thread. It is generally very predictable and over the course of a few years, the same topics come up time and again with the same debates/arguments cropping up.

nonshinyfinish
14-12-2010, 09:17 PM

Probably yes. A year or so ago we had a relatively new manager who many including myself had invested a lot of hope in. He had made some exciting new signings and the team was riding high in the league - plenty up for discussion there, plenty to be excited about and plenty yam-baiting and other passtimes to be indulged in.

A year on we have collectively emerged from the emotionally bruising ordeal of parting ways with (another) old fans favourite from the manager's chair - and plenty of fans have felt disillusioned with the team who, under Hughes' guidance, laid claim to the unwanted record of the worst run of home form in the club's history. To accompany these joys, we've seen last season's goal-getter in chief depart to the smelts for a somewhat paltry fee and his erstwhile replacement injured long term before an SPL ball was kicked - meanwhile, one of our most exciting players in Zemama has spent the best part of a season out injured.

On the bright side of things we've seen the stadium completed (great to see, but I think that spending on the squad may have been curtailed as a result) and we've seen Colin Calderwood appointed as manager (plenty of reason for hope but nothing to get too excited about as yet).

All of the above, although it includes the completion of the club's infrastructure, adds up to a less than inspiring current situation with not much for us to shout about - add to that the fact that there's not even been any football for the last fortnight thanks to the bloody weather and I think you have all the reasons you could possibly need for the quiet season currently in effect on Hibs.net.

Roll on January I could do with some excitement!

I agree with the majority of your post, but you need to look up the word 'erstwhile'.

sesoim
14-12-2010, 09:41 PM
As much as i like h.net, its rare to see a genuinely original thread. It is generally very predictable and over the course of a few years, the same topics come up time and again with the same debates/arguments cropping up.

I'm not sure if it is possible to have an original thread that anybody cares about. Most people come here purely to talk about results and who's joining/leaving (well, that's all I do anyway!). And as most of these subjects have brought us mostly badly news that's why threads are repetitive. People are angry and frustrated, but you can only be angry and frustrated for so long, so now most fans have probably stopped posting as much because we all get bored of repeating ourselves eventually.

degenerated
14-12-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm not sure if it is possible to have an original thread that anybody cares about. Most people come here purely to talk about results and who's joining/leaving (well, that's all I do anyway!). And as most of these subjects have brought us mostly badly news that's why threads are repetitive. People are angry and frustrated, but you can only be angry and frustrated for so long, so now most fans have probably stopped posting as much because we all get bored of repeating ourselves eventually.

if most fans have stopped posting as much there's a hell of a lot of traffic on this site coming from somewhere else then :greengrin

hibbie02
14-12-2010, 10:00 PM
I agree with the majority of your post, but you need to look up the word 'erstwhile'.

I agree with the Matt Fish...okay it's an old joke.... I know it is finish not fish!

For my tuppence worth, I don't post on here much know because there isn't a lot to get excited about on the pitch...and there is less interest in talking bollocks than there used to be.

My solution is to re-open the calendar thread!!!

matty_f
14-12-2010, 11:29 PM
I agree with the Matt Fish...okay it's an old joke.... I know it is finish not fish!

For my tuppence worth, I don't post on here much know because there isn't a lot to get excited about on the pitch...and there is less interest in talking bollocks than there used to be.

:agree: It's the only sensible option, imho.

IWasThere2016
14-12-2010, 11:59 PM

Nae chance of those admin pricks daeing that then! :wink: :greengrin

hibbie02
15-12-2010, 07:26 PM

I thought it might appeal to you! :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
15-12-2010, 07:49 PM

Does anyone else think a sentence like that should be followed by a "Din-dun-diiiin" dramatic sound effect? And then maybe screen fade to black and a "To be continued......" caption???

nonshinyfinish
15-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Does anyone else think a sentence like that should be followed by a "Din-dun-diiiin" dramatic sound effect? And then maybe screen fade to black and a "To be continued......" caption???

I heard the X-Files theme tune when I read it.

hibbie02
15-12-2010, 09:36 PM

The bandwagon starts here!!! I blame you Mr Fi(ni)sh. You do realise you have a Nish in your name? Maybe you should encourage people to go back to thinking of nonshinyfish......

Bring back the calendar thread! :agree:

matty_f
16-12-2010, 07:30 AM

The drums at the end of Eastenders was what came into my mind.

Does anyone else have the Anita Dobson song 'Anyone Can Fall In Love' in their heads now?

greenteam
16-12-2010, 09:39 AM
I dont go on it because of abuse from some people saying im a Hearts fan. mmmmmmmmmmmm, been a Hibs fan since 1970....pees me off like :rolleyes:

hibbie02
16-12-2010, 09:50 PM
The drums at the end of Eastenders was what came into my mind.

Does anyone else have the Anita Dobson song 'Anyone Can Fall In Love' in their heads now?

I see what you are doing there........ ;0)

sleeping giant
16-12-2010, 11:59 PM
I don't post anywhere near as much as i used to and i put this down to a......
deep paranoia of embedded yams.
Knob posters.
Doom and Gloomers
and the same old same old.

I could write the front page of the main forum before i come on a Saturday !

This is still my first website for Hibs news though:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-12-2010, 12:27 AM
I could write the front page of the main forum before i come on a Saturday !
Whatever does it for you! ;-)

sleeping giant
17-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Whatever does it for you! ;-)

Twice on Sundays :greengrin