PDA

View Full Version : Reduced Ticket Prices - Festive Family Fun Night - Dundee Utd 29th December

Chuck Rhoades
09-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Not seen this anywhere else? Great idea IMO..

More here: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101209/reduced-ticket-prices_2262950_2240030

stoneyburn hibs
09-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Not seen this anywhere else? Great idea IMO..

More here: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101209/reduced-ticket-prices_2262950_2240030

great idea, i am no longer a season ticket holder, but will do this with ma laddie, and he could bring a pal, good value and of course he will have xmas money to spend in the clubstore, like a lot of other youngsters, good move from hibs

Keith_M
09-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Sounds like a good idea, I'm all for encouraging more people to get along to games.

Didn't they do this recently against St Johnstone? Maybe they're now trying to entice back anyone that went to that game and were put off football for life :wink:

nickwhibs
09-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Should be that price for a family for every bloody game :agree:

H18sry
09-12-2010, 07:53 PM
And season ticket holders get what? :yawn:

Barney McGrew
09-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Excellent idea, and great that it's available for the away support as well

DaveF
09-12-2010, 08:00 PM

A warm glow knowing that your money helped swell the, erm, transfer budget :greengrin

Keith_M
09-12-2010, 08:02 PM

Speaking as a Season ticket holder, I'm all in favour. The club needs to do something to get more more fans through the gate.

The club can't win sometimes. They're at least making an effort to get more people to come along, and they may be the Season Ticket holders of the future.

hibee
09-12-2010, 08:04 PM

Nothing as usual with these kind of offers, we don't have any kids that would love to come along do we hibs ??

Baldy Foghorn
09-12-2010, 08:55 PM

Priority tickets for away games.....Just look at the number of posters trying to get a client ref from someone else......That is 1 direct benefit

I am all for trying to swell the crowd, and as someone said hopefully the clubstore will do a roaring trade......

Well done Hibs for trying this at a hard time of year moneywise for a lot of families

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2010, 09:23 PM

You shouldn't have bought one then? Then you could've snapped up this offer.

Is this not like buying a £50 pair of jeans before Christmas and then complaining they're only £25 in the January sales?

Removed
09-12-2010, 09:25 PM

Is this not like buying a £50 pair of jeans before Christmas and then complaining they're only £25 in the January sales?

£50 for a pair of jeans :shocked:

H18sry
09-12-2010, 09:44 PM

:asshole: I have been a season ticket holder for a more years than you have been a Hibs supporter, and I do not have a 2nd thought when renewing it, but what does annoy me is all these offers.

I pay for 2 season tickets and cup top ups, in June/July when the form comes through the door, the monies that the season ticket holders pay up front, helps the club determine the budgets for the coming season, if I chose to pay on a weekly basis it would cost me less, But I dont, Brockie quite rightly says it should help swell the crowd and help sales in the clubshop, which I am all for, anything to help promote Hibs gets my vote, but what annoys me is the lack of thought towards season ticket holders after we have paid our hard earned back in June/July,

So what is wrong with offering a season ticket holder the chance to bring along a friend at a reduced rate or in the case of my boy's season ticket get him to bring along a friend for a reduced rate, as opposed to just getting our cash in the coffers and forgetting about us until next April/May when they post out renewal forms for more of our hard earned.

Rant over :cool2:

bobbyhibs1983
09-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Seems a good idea in theory,But what IF and i do use the word IF your a parent with 1 kid? 3kids?

I can understand what H18sry is saying above, but what if the club, if they do these "promotions"(i think thats the correct word here),what if in return for his season ticket money(and many 1000's of other) get say 5-10% off the next again season st?

I think half the problem is the adult ticket price.for example an adult and 2 kids go to the game for £22 and the kids enjoy it, and wanna go to another game, its gonna be in and around double that price the next again time.

Let many people i did not get a st for the last couple of season due to the cost.

Baldy Foghorn
09-12-2010, 10:45 PM
£50 for a pair of jeans :shocked:

Only £50, christ what a bargain.......:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
10-12-2010, 08:17 AM
:asshole:

Nice.

What did the ticket office say when you phoned to ask about bringing kids along with you? Can they not offer it?

The Voice Of Reason
10-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Nice move Hibs :thumbsup:

I will be there with my eldest two (aged 8 and 6). In addition to the £22 entrance fee, we will also be spending money in the club shop before the game as buying food/drink at the game. Everyone wins from a revenue point of view. Perhaps more importantly, this should help ensure that a lot of children are Hibs fans for life - the future lifeblood of the club.

To the Season Ticket holders who have expressed unhappiness at this - come on guys, surely this is a great move by the club ? If you have a gripe at lack of ST Holder initiatives surely you can take this up directly with the club ? (if you have not already done so).

Hibs Till I Die.

The Voice Of Reason
10-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Speaking as a Season ticket holder, I'm all in favour. The club needs to do something to get more more fans through the gate.

The club can't win sometimes. They're at least making an effort to get more people to come along, and they may be the Season Ticket holders of the future.

:top marks

Jay
10-12-2010, 11:08 AM
:asshole: I have been a season ticket holder for a more years than you have been a Hibs supporter, and I do not have a 2nd thought when renewing it, but what does annoy me is all these offers.

I pay for 2 season tickets and cup top ups, in June/July when the form comes through the door, the monies that the season ticket holders pay up front, helps the club determine the budgets for the coming season, if I chose to pay on a weekly basis it would cost me less, But I dont, Brockie quite rightly says it should help swell the crowd and help sales in the clubshop, which I am all for, anything to help promote Hibs gets my vote, but what annoys me is the lack of thought towards season ticket holders after we have paid our hard earned back in June/July,

So what is wrong with offering a season ticket holder the chance to bring along a friend at a reduced rate or in the case of my boy's season ticket get him to bring along a friend for a reduced rate, as opposed to just getting our cash in the coffers and forgetting about us until next April/May when they post out renewal forms for more of our hard earned.

Rant over :cool2:

I'm with you. I think its great what the club are doing to get more bums on seat but they need to give us something too. I paid for two kids season tickets at 135 quid each before a ball was kicked this season. Why not give us 10 percent off in the shop that night or something similar to entice us in.

Baldy Foghorn
10-12-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm with you. I think its great what the club are doing to get more bums on seat but they need to give us something too. I paid for two kids season tickets at 135 quid each before a ball was kicked this season. Why not give us 10 percent off in the shop that night or something similar to entice us in.

I think something along the lines of discount in clubstore will occur.... Last night for the calendar signing, due to disappointment of players not being able to make it, there was 25% off all stock as a gesture......

3pm
10-12-2010, 01:22 PM
I think something along the lines of discount in clubstore will occur.... Last night for the calendar signing, due to disappointment of players not being able to make it, there was 25% off all stock as a gesture......

Steven, did Petrie know about this?!?! :wink: