PDA

View Full Version : Urgent ****Hamilton v Hibs Postponed**** (MERGED)

erin go hibee
09-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Hoewever there is due to be a pitch inspection tomorrow to see if it is playable :thumbsup:

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=9719

Ritchie
09-12-2010, 04:02 PM
its not 'on' either! :rolleyes:

erin go hibee
09-12-2010, 04:08 PM
its not 'on' either! :rolleyes:

i love how your so optimistic :wink:

Ritchie
09-12-2010, 05:48 PM

It's the best way to be.... Your never let down! :wink:

Judas Iscariot
09-12-2010, 06:09 PM

He's a welt :agree:

scoopyboy
09-12-2010, 06:16 PM
going by the picture on their official web site I can't see any other decision than match postponed.

Mikey
09-12-2010, 06:19 PM
going by the picture on their official web site I can't see any other decision than match postponed.

Indeed...........

http://www.acciesfc.co.uk/

.Sean.
09-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Did they not have problems last year with their undersoil heating? Once the snows cleared, the heating must be put on surely, to thaw out any frost?

scoopyboy
09-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Did they not have problems last year with their undersoil heating? Once the snows cleared, the heating must be put on surely, to thaw out any frost?

It's an old trick Sean.

Leave the snow on the pitch and the frost won't get to it, the snow acts as insulation. Saves paying the fuel costs for the heating.

If they can get all the snow off it should be playable but it looks like a helluva amount of snow to get rid off.

Jim44
09-12-2010, 06:53 PM
It's an old trick Sean.

Leave the snow on the pitch and the frost won't get to it, the snow acts as insulation. Saves paying the fuel costs for the heating.

If they can get all the snow off it should be playable but it looks like a helluva amount of snow to get rid off.

On the other hand the Motherwell pitch a few miles away (on Reporting Scotland a few minutes ago) was absolutely clear and looked great. I think Hamilton will have left it too late if the decision is to be made tomorrow.

Westie1875
09-12-2010, 07:17 PM
On the other hand the Motherwell pitch a few miles away (on Reporting Scotland a few minutes ago) was absolutely clear and looked great. I think Hamilton will have left it too late if the decision is to be made tomorrow.

:agree: No excuse for the pitch not being cleared in time IMO, the snow fell on Monday so there has been plenty time to clear it. If it was called of for the state of the surrounding areas then that is a different story but questions should be asked if it is off because of the pitch.

That may sound harsh but some teams seem to make more effort than others to ensure games go ahead, every club should be doing everything they can.

Keith_M
09-12-2010, 08:04 PM

Well Alloa managed it last week, so it's surely possible.

Hibbyradge
09-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Someone should resign. :grr:

greenlex
09-12-2010, 08:35 PM
I think it is the police making a decision on the surrounding area tomorrow. The pitch will be fine for Sat.

Removed
09-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Well Alloa managed it last week, so it's surely possible.

Aye but surely its easier to clear snow off a plastic pitch as opposed to grass :dunno:

Ritchie
09-12-2010, 09:49 PM
He's a welt :agree:

This sounds like a job for the indestructible power league.... Get the team together!!

Twiglet
09-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Celtic/Killie and Dundee Utd/Motherwell both off.
I can understand Dundee as trains are still not going to Dundee and the snow's been worse up there than down here as far as IO know, but what about the Celtic match? I thought Glasgow wasn't as hard hit as Edinburgh, and with Kilmarnock being not too far from Glasgow, I thought that would go ahead.

Albion Hibs
09-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Cant see anyway our game will be on. I have no doubt Hamilton have not bothered to turn the heating on in a bid to save money now, and save on the cost of having to potentially invest in the pitch at the end of the season.

Mikey
10-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Cant see anyway our game will be on. I have no doubt Hamilton have not bothered to turn the heating on in a bid to save money now, and save on the cost of having to potentially invest in the pitch at the end of the season.

They'll lose a lot more if the game is played midweek. There won't be as many Hibs fans through as you would get on a Saturday.

Part/Time Supporter
10-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Celtic/Killie and Dundee Utd/Motherwell both off.
I can understand Dundee as trains are still not going to Dundee and the snow's been worse up there than down here as far as IO know, but what about the Celtic match? I thought Glasgow wasn't as hard hit as Edinburgh, and with Kilmarnock being not too far from Glasgow, I thought that would go ahead.

Called off on the advice of Strathclyde Polis.

No doubt its the establishment conspiring against ra Celtc again.

:agree:

JimBHibees
10-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Called off on the advice of Strathclyde Polis.

No doubt its the establishment conspiring against ra Celtc again.

:agree:

While obviously not that it does seem a little premature given the thaw that is currently kicking in and the fact the Glasgow Warriors rugby game tonight at Firhill seems certain to be on.

An Leargaidh
10-12-2010, 09:30 AM
I thought so too but having been in Glasgow on Tuesday it was nearly as bad as Edinburgh and the east, and on Wednesday it was -11°C at 9 o'clock on the morning. That same day a work colleague text me from Bellshill (further east) and it was -18°C! There was a lot of extra snow hit Glasgow that didn't hit areas nearby so I doesn't surprise me. Don't know about Killie although if you've ever been to RP it is usually bleedin' freezin' anyway nevermind when the weather is so bad all over :no way:

...but what about the Celtic match? I thought Glasgow wasn't as hard hit as Edinburgh, and with Kilmarnock being not too far from Glasgow, I thought that would go ahead.

An Leargaidh
10-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Those rugby guys are tough as nails though... :wink:

While obviously not that it does seem a little premature given the thaw that is currently kicking in and the fact the Glasgow Warriors rugby game tonight at Firhill seems certain to be on.

Sylar
10-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Amazed the United vs Killie game is off - snow's not been anywhere near as bad up here.

Pavements are still pretty deep in the residential streets, but the main roads/pavements are clear and accessible.

Never heard of a game being called off because of problems with the trains...

CB_NO3
10-12-2010, 10:08 AM
What time do we expect Hamilton to make a decision?.

JimBHibees
10-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Those rugby guys are tough as nails though... :wink:

Yep that and the Sky tv money. :greengrin

Golden Bear
10-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Hamilton "not confident" that tomorrow's fixture will go ahead according to the latest news on the Beeb.

It's now only a matter of time before a football club claims compensation from the Police for loss of matchday income.

Judas Iscariot
10-12-2010, 10:15 AM
This sounds like a job for the indestructible power league.... Get the team together!!

We can't get the Powerleague Mobile out the depot :cool2:

hibee_girl
10-12-2010, 10:24 AM
According to the STV guys on twitter

ahibby
10-12-2010, 10:34 AM

Excuse the sarcasm but the Motherwell pitch doesn't even look great on a glorious summer day, must be one of the worst pitches in the SPL.

we are hibs
10-12-2010, 10:35 AM
According to the STV guys on twitter

spl website saying its off to

scoopyboy
10-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Confirmed as off on the SPL website (it has Hibs as the home team).

Andy74
10-12-2010, 10:38 AM
If it was the pitch then that's not good enough from Hamilton. There are regulatons in place about heating etc for a reason. That pitch could have been cleared earlier in the week and ready for the thaw.

Golden Bear
10-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Ah well - one less game that Zouma, Duffy and possibly Trakys have missed.

Let's hope they're all fit very soon!

Steve20
10-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Confirmed on the Hamilton website.

Golden Bear
10-12-2010, 10:42 AM
If it was the pitch then that's not good enough from Hamilton. There are regulatons in place about heating etc for a reason. That pitch could have been cleared earlier in the week and ready for the thaw.

I think it was the state of the streets/pavements in the surrounding area that was the problem.

The police seemed to be concerned about the lack of available parking facilities to accommodate the needs of the vast 3,891 crowd.

we are hibs
10-12-2010, 10:45 AM
I think it was the state of the streets/pavements in the surrounding area that was the problem.

The police seemed to be concerned about the lack of available parking facilities to accommodate the needs of the vast 3,891 crowd.

it was the pitch it says on the spl website

GordonHFC
10-12-2010, 10:47 AM
I read somewhere that because of the severe weather conditions they could not get a delivery of fuel to keep the undersoil heating going. If this is the case then I don't think we can blame them (well not too much anyway).

Golden Bear
10-12-2010, 10:47 AM
it was the pitch it says on the spl website

I stand corrected. :aok:

Circumstances have changed from last night if that is the case.

we are hibs
10-12-2010, 10:50 AM
I stand corrected. :aok:

Circumstances have changed from last night if that is the case.

when is the hibs st.mirren game

Andy74
10-12-2010, 10:50 AM
I read somewhere that because of the severe weather conditions they could not get a delivery of fuel to keep the undersoil heating going. If this is the case then I don't think we can blame them (well not too much anyway).

Not sure they would have needed it, get the snow off a day or two ago and let it thaw out. It had been weel trailed that Thursday onwards would be in positive territory.

squire
10-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Game is off. On fishy site now http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101210/hamilton-academical-game-off_2262950_2240995

Pitch unplayable :rolleyes:

mjhibby
10-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Ah well - one less game that Zouma, Duffy and possibly Trakys have missed.

Let's hope they're all fit very soon!

Trakys i believe would have been ready to play,duffy i think willl be ready for the bench for the aberdeen game but zouma i think will be mid january at the earliest.Weather is meant to go doonhill next thursday for a couple of days with heavy snow possible for south scotland but the west at the moment will miss it so game should go ahead.I hope they reschedule the games mid january so any new signings will be available although im sure they spl will put one in just when you least expect it.My only worry is we have any more postponed then if we get any replays in the scottish cup then we will be looking at a logjam of fixtures that wont help.Sorry for all the guys who were wanting it to be on but will enjoy this weekend and look forward to the game next weekend with a stronger squad available to calderwood.

Groathillgrump
10-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Lifted from the Accies website:

Unfortunately Saturday's home Clydesdale Bank SPL match v Hibernian has been postponed. A combination of the overall scenario of local routes, pathways etc plus the volume of snow on the pitch and other factors have lead to it being cancelled. SPL Secretary Iain Blair attended the ground and while there had been a tremendous effort put in and all internal areas and club car park had been cleared there still remained concerns to put the game off. A new date will be announced in due course.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm a bit upset that my football fix has been disrupted for a second week in a row but if both our postponed matches are rearranged for January onwards, when we will hopefully have some new players, then it will be worth it.

Just another three matches to go in 2010, before the transfer window opens. Hopefully they'll be called off as well...:greengrin

--------
10-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Lifted from the Accies website:

Unfortunately Saturday's home Clydesdale Bank SPL match v Hibernian has been postponed. A combination of the overall scenario of local routes, pathways etc plus the volume of snow on the pitch and other factors have lead to it being cancelled. SPL Secretary Iain Blair attended the ground and while there had been a tremendous effort put in and all internal areas and club car park had been cleared there still remained concerns to put the game off. A new date will be announced in due course.

This doesn't surprise me at all. There's a huge thaw going on here, but the roads are still treacherous. There's one layer of frozen snow and ice under an upper layer of melting snow and ice, and between them those layers were around 2-3 feet deep last night. That's an awful lot of snow and ice to be got rid of by 1500 tomorrow.

The only reason the Motherwell pitch is clear is because they've had their undersoil heating on for weeks without a break. Motherwell, of course, are really on their last warning regarding their pitch, so they're making sure they can be seen to be trying.

Parking cars is still a major problem. Most pavements are impassable and most folks are leaving their cars in the streets rather than in their garages and driveways.

Postponement is the only sensible decision, IMO.

Keith_M
10-12-2010, 11:54 AM
It's a shame they didn't change the venue though. Someone mentioned on here that Hibs had offered to play the game at Easter Road.

:boo hoo:

Baldy Foghorn
10-12-2010, 12:06 PM
It's a shame they didn't change the venue though. Someone mentioned on here that Hibs had offered to play the game at Easter Road.

:boo hoo:

They could not change things at such short notice.....

FWIW I think they could have cleared snow from pitch earlier, but they probably wanted to keep the frost away as the snow would provide insulation.....

I am gutted that the game will probably be a midweek reschedule, but on the other hand I am delighted that fans safety is not being impinged upon, I as a bus convenyor was worrying about patron safety......

brog
10-12-2010, 12:15 PM
As someone else mentioned there would have been no more than 4,000 at the game on Saturday. There will be far more people doing Xmas shopping in Hamilton & surrounding areas this weekend.
The North East of England was very badly hit but the Sunderland police managed a large crowd no bother last weekend.
Celtic off & Dundee Utd off but Rangers can go to Inverness, oh wait, it's on TV! The Accies website certainly indicates it was concerns over surrounding areas that was the main problem. IMO it's an easy option for Scots police to call off games. When I see the police closing Marks & Spencer then I'll believe there are genuine safety concerns.

Darth Hibbie
10-12-2010, 12:17 PM
As someone else mentioned there would have been no more than 4,000 at the game on Saturday. There will be far more people doing Xmas shopping in Hamilton & surrounding areas this weekend.
The North East of England was very badly hit but the Sunderland police managed a large crowd no bother last weekend.
Celtic off & Dundee Utd off but Rangers can go to Inverness, oh wait, it's on TV! The Accies website certainly indicates it was concerns over surrounding areas that was the main problem. IMO it's an easy option for Scots police to call off games. When I see the police closing Marks & Spencer then I'll believe there are genuine safety concerns.

According to the BBC the game was called off because the pitch was unplayable not because of safety concerns.

Andy74
10-12-2010, 12:32 PM

Yep, outide the Playhouse was a nightmare last week when I passed but the shows all went on. The shops were all open.

Why does football always get different treatment?

Hibbyradge
10-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Yep, outide the Playhouse was a nightmare last week when I passed but the shows all went on. The shops were all open.

Why does football always get different treatment?

Probably because several thousand people, many of whom have embibed more than the recommend daily amount of alcohol, who are split into different competing "tribes", don't usually descend on the same shop within the space of about 20 minutes and then, after they're finished shopping, leave within 5 minutes of each other.

Would you seriously consider asking a police officer that question?

cabbageandribs1875
10-12-2010, 12:54 PM
and on the bright side, thats two clean sheets on the bounce for our defence :thumbsup: cc has them organised at last:cool2:

Brads Laing
10-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Tomorrows game is called off due to the pitch being unplayable
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20101210/hamilton-academical-game-off_2262950_2240995

Andy74
10-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Probably because several thousand people, many of whom have embibed more than the recommend daily amount of alcohol, who are split into different competing "tribes", don't usually descend on the same shop within the space of about 20 minutes and then, after they're finished shopping, leave within 5 minutes of each other.

Would you seriously consider asking a police officer that question?

The Playhouse will hold about the same as the Hamilton crowd would be with thousands going out onto the treacherous pavements and roads at the same time as thousands of shoppers.

Many more people on princess Street or the gyle at the same time than you would get at the same game.

And Hamilton v Hibs will hardly be one for the alcohol fuelled tribes.

Bristolhibby
10-12-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm a bit upset that my football fix has been disrupted for a second week in a row but if both our postponed matches are rearranged for January onwards, when we will hopefully have some new players, then it will be worth it.

Just another three matches to go in 2010, before the transfer window opens. Hopefully they'll be called off as well...:greengrin

Noooo, not the boxing day one.

I am flying up from Heathrow (hope, hope) for a family drinkathon and the Aberdeen game, so need the game to be on, and my flight to fly.

J

HIBERNIAN 1875
10-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Could the pitch have been made playable? Probably. Would it have been safe for fans travelling to the game using the motorways and local roads? No. Good decision :agree:

Calvin
10-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Good news indeed.

Golden Bear
10-12-2010, 02:32 PM
We really have become a nation of wimps. I'll say no more.

--------
10-12-2010, 02:35 PM
The Playhouse will hold about the same as the Hamilton crowd would be with thousands going out onto the treacherous pavements and roads at the same time as thousands of shoppers.

Many more people on princess Street or the gyle at the same time than you would get at the same game.

And Hamilton v Hibs will hardly be one for the alcohol fuelled tribes.

"Pitch unplayable" - nothing to do with the safety of the crowd. Which doesn't surprise me, given the weather in Lanarkshire over the past fortnight.

brog
10-12-2010, 04:34 PM
"Pitch unplayable" - nothing to do with the safety of the crowd. Which doesn't surprise me, given the weather in Lanarkshire over the past fortnight.

Everything to do with safety of the crowd per the Hamilton website. The state of the pitch comes only 3rd in their list of problems. Now that may have something to do with Hamilton wanting to avoid criticism for a pitch with undersoil heating being unplayable but I don't doubt they were put under pressure from Lanarkshire police to postpone. As for folks talking about vehicles travelling on the motorway tomorrow I seriously doubt if the Hibs game would add more than a minute percentage to the motorway volume, will the M8 be closed tomorrow - of course not! If motorway safety really is a problem then every game should be off.
If 400,000 can head for PBS tomorrow where's the problem?

Sir David Gray
10-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Noooo, not the boxing day one.

I am flying up from Heathrow (hope, hope) for a family drinkathon and the Aberdeen game, so need the game to be on, and my flight to fly.

J

OK, that one can go ahead but be aware that I'm holding you personally responsible if they beat us. :greengrin

frazeHFC
10-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Disapointing but means we now have 2 extra games when we get our players back fit. (Duffy, Zouma etc)

Steve20
10-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Disapointing but means we now have 2 extra games when we get our players back fit. (Duffy, Zouma etc)

We will probably have more than 2 extra games, as I don't think we will have a game next week either if the forecasts are right.

Hibercelona
10-12-2010, 06:18 PM
We will probably have more than 2 extra games, as I don't think we will have a game next week either if the forecasts are right.

If we went by the forecasts, we'd have 1 game every 2 years. :greengrin

matty_f
10-12-2010, 06:24 PM

I actually hope you're right in a way. The longer that CC and DA get to work with the players on systems and shape etc, the better, and if it means we have players coming back from injury to be available in the re-scheduled games then I'm all for it!:greengrin

scoopyboy
10-12-2010, 10:04 PM
They could not change things at such short notice.....

FWIW I think they could have cleared snow from pitch earlier, but they probably wanted to keep the frost away as the snow would provide insulation.....

I am gutted that the game will probably be a midweek reschedule, but on the other hand I am delighted that fans safety is not being impinged upon, I as a bus convenyor was worrying about patron safety......

Aye right.

I saw you laughing at a poor chap from your bus who tripped up with a branch in his hand on the way to Dingwall

Baldy Foghorn
10-12-2010, 11:59 PM
[/U][/B]

Aye right.

I saw you laughing at a poor chap from your bus who tripped up with a branch in his hand on the way to Dingwall

Oops, that was purely a one off Jock:flamed:

Green forever
11-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Get in there :thumbsup:, just been awarded an away win by the pools panel, well done lads, didn't put a foot wrong today.

cabbageandribs1875
11-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Get in there :thumbsup:, just been awarded an away win by the pools panel, well done lads, didn't put a foot wrong today.

did they say who scored for us ?

CropleyWasGod
11-12-2010, 05:10 PM

Thought the laddie Nish was excellent. Perfect hat trick.

But why was he taken off after only 15 minutes? :confused:

Green forever
11-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Thought the laddie Nish was excellent. Perfect hat trick.

But why was he taken off after only 15 minutes? :confused:

Think Calderwood was trying to protect him as unbelievably , some fans still weren't satisfied.

brog
12-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Reported as busiest shopping day of year in Scotland yesterday but 3 SPL games, all with undersoil heating were off! No wonder our game's in decline.