PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Dundee Utd 29th December (7:15pm Kick Off)

Billy Whizz
08-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Fixture brought forward by half an hour!

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=9717

Golden Bear
08-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Fixture brought forward by half an hour!

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=9717

They must be trying to ensure that the mega sized crowd will all be safely home in time for Hogmanay

:wink:

ronaldo7
08-12-2010, 04:18 PM
See the Hamilton v Dons game is a 3pm Kick off.

jackhfc
08-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Thats a kick in the plums for Accies/Dons fans :asshole:

AndersonGGTTH
08-12-2010, 06:38 PM
:confused::confused:

Av never heard of this before ??? will there be any fans:confused:

ronaldo7
08-12-2010, 06:50 PM
:confused::confused:

Av never heard of this before ??? will there be any fans:confused:

Seems a strange one to me too. The teams must have agreed to it though. They may think everyone's on a fortnight's holidays for Crimbo and New Year:rolleyes:

Hanny
08-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Seems a strange one to me too. The teams must have agreed to it though. They may think everyone's on a fortnight's holidays for Crimbo and New Year:rolleyes:

The SPL have made two amendments to the Clydesdale Bank fixture list for Wednesday December 29 at the request of the clubs involved, as detailed below:

Seems the SPL have only done as they were asked.

Nakedmanoncrack
08-12-2010, 08:09 PM

For some reason I thought our game was in the afternoon as well, disappointed to find it's an evening KO.

.Sean.
08-12-2010, 09:02 PM
I suppose that suits those who are off and I assume lots of people won't be working, but I don't think the 29th is a public holiday so that's a bit dissapointing for those who won't be able to make it due to work commitments.

frazeHFC
10-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Unless for TV purposes which in this case it is not. I do not see the point in changing it by 30 mins.

Baldy Foghorn
10-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Unless for TV purposes which in this case it is not. I do not see the point in changing it by 30 mins.

Hibs requested the earlier time, as the game is advertised as family fun night, where an Adult can take two children for 22 quid. This is reason game is slightly earlier

greenlad
10-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Not a fan to be honest. I sonetimes think football clubs forget who their fans are and don't realise that not everyone can just change their work patterns at the drop of a hat.

The cons outweigh the pros. All for encouraging more kids and families to the right parts of the ground but I doubt that starting 30 minutes earlier will help greatly, particularly on what is a school holiday night anyway. I imagine pretty much everybody who will be there would have been there anyway - its not like anyone's going to say "7.45 KO - no chance! 7.15 KO? Oh right no problem I'll be there then!"

What it does do is pi55 of regular fans who usually struggle to make a 7.45KO let alone a 7.15KO. I am lucky in that although I am working til 5 that night (like the majority of the population I would think:confused:) I do live quite near ER. For a 7.45 I can get home from work, grab a quick tea and still get out to the game. Half an hour earlier means I won't get any tea before the game and won't eat until I get home and can get something made by say 10.30 where ideally I want to be in bed for work the next day!

This needless switch causes enough problems for a home game but I hope it doesn't become a precedent, applied to away games this would be a disaster, its normally a big enough struggle to get through the traffic to Ibrox, Parkhead,, Kilmarnock etc for 7.45 KOs leaving Edinburgh from 5pm. 7.15 KO and you'll probably miss most of the first half and for what benefit?

saltandsauce
10-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Personally im delighted,days work in aberdeen train down and game finished in time to get last train back up the road. Reckless