PDA

View Full Version : Home & Away

NAE NOOKIE
08-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Coz theres no much happenin' I just wondered if anybody knows why the SPL fixtures dont work out home & away on alternate Saturdays.

E.G. You can have fixtures where in a month Hibs can have one home game and 3 away games.

I would have thought that some of the smaller clubs with cash flow problems would prefer the home away, home away system.

Also for away fans it must be a bit of a bugger having to find the cash to go to Dundee, followed by Paisley and then Inverness all in one month, with a home game sandwiched in between.

Anyway would be interested as to what folk think, especially regular away supporters.

Part/Time Supporter
08-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Its almost impossible to do that with a smaller league (10 or 12) and the number of additional variables that they have to plug in (ie Rangers / Celtic and Hibs / Hertz alternating).

jackhfc
08-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Its almost impossible to do that with a smaller league (10 or 12) and the number of additional variables that they have to plug in (ie Rangers / Celtic and Hibs / Hertz alternating).

:agree::top marks

NAE NOOKIE
08-12-2010, 11:31 AM

Aye, ah suppose thats true.

Perhaps we should have a bigger league of 16 or so. :greengrin

Hibee87
08-12-2010, 11:45 AM
its a lot more complicated than you think.

you need to look at other leagues and derby matches close by as well as police resource my old work used to do all the football fixrtures for scotland and engalnd (with the exception of the spl) and the guy who did it would be tearing his hair out for the best part of 2 months from when the leagues were decided. granted in england it was alot harder as you need to look down the leagues for teams playing close by and derby matches which reguire more policing and travel routes for fans etc.

at a guess it woudl be the sme here as i doubnt you would have the lieks of rangers, partick thistle and st mirren all at home on the one satarday at 3 because of the police force i would assume is the same. it boggles the mind when you try to break it down - oh yeah and another thing they cant have rival fans travelling the same routes by trains etc

Peevemor
08-12-2010, 11:50 AM
... and then there's the split... :rolleyes:

jackhfc
08-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Aye, ah suppose thats true.

Perhaps we should have a bigger league of 16 or so. :greengrin

I, personally wouldn't like that, theres enough wee crappy stadiums and useless teams as there is in the SPL without adding half of Division 1 and their non undersoil heating pitches imo