PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint Cooker Hood

WeAreHibs
06-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Anyone have a contact for someone that can fix or service mine. Not happy to pay the rip off rated that Hotpoint demand.

Cheers

H18sry
06-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Any domestic electrician shops should help. http://www.mylocalservices.co.uk/Midlothian/Electrical_Appliances/1626328/Gorgie_Domestics.html

sleeping giant
06-12-2010, 10:56 PM
There will not be much to service ! Change charcoal filters (if fitted) , clean grease filters and remove the fluff from around the motor .

Charcoal filters can be bought on ebay.

Whats wrong with yours ?

BigKev
06-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Any domestic electrician shops should help. http://www.mylocalservices.co.uk/Midlothian/Electrical_Appliances/1626328/Gorgie_Domestics.html

No they won't. I wouldn't waste my time with a cooker hood as it's not worth it. How can you justify a £40 bill when you can buy a hood for a couple of quid more.

If it isn't a straight forward fault you can waste 2-3 hours out your day including travel and not earn a penny.

If you do find the fault and have to order the part then you can end up lumbering someone with a ridiculous bill for a temperamental appliance.

WeAreHibs
07-12-2010, 08:43 AM
It's the power board that's gone. The extractor fan works but the light doesnt. I looked at replacing it but it would be a couple hundred quid then probably close to same again to fit it. It's a fitted chimney type so not that easy.

I had a quote yesterday for circa £100 might just get it done.

BigKev
07-12-2010, 10:20 AM
It's the power board that's gone. The extractor fan works but the light doesnt. I looked at replacing it but it would be a couple hundred quid then probably close to same again to fit it. It's a fitted chimney type so not that easy.

I had a quote yesterday for circa £100 might just get it done.

Try and source the power board yourself - Edinburgh Components at Bonnington are the cheapest out there and you should be able to replace it yourself.

Their no is 553 3100. Quote manufacturer and model no.