06-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Wonder if Yogie will be linked with that one?:greengrin

.Sean.
06-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Pretty surprised at that tbh :confused:

BigKev
06-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Joke decision IMO.

He's re-structured them since their relegation and took them mid table in their first season back.

Was doing a good job and just goes to show what a complete tosser Mike Ashley is.

WindyMiller
06-12-2010, 01:30 PM
11th. in the League after last years promotion!

Ashley's a fool.

Pretty Boy
06-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Pretty surprised at that tbh :confused:

:agree: They are sitting 11th, ok it's been a bit of a mixed bag this season but he led them to the title at a canter under pretty tough circumstances last season.

Story here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9261212.stm

Just Jimmy
06-12-2010, 01:31 PM
ridiculous. im done with them. finally united the support behind a manager and the fat clown does that. raging

greenginger
06-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I think Colin Calderwood saw this coming and was quite happy to give up his position with a EPL team for longer term security.

Pretty Boy
06-12-2010, 01:33 PM
ridiculous. im done with them. finally united the support behind a manager and the fat clown does that. raging

I think Ashley is the prime example of why fans shouldn't run football clubs.

JE89
06-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Feel sorry for Hughton. Surely after promotion any club should hope to stay up then build on that. Ashley will be even more hated by the Toon fans.

SteveHFC
06-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Shocking he has done so well for Newcastle. :grr:

Just Jimmy
06-12-2010, 01:36 PM

he's no newcastle united fan. I hope he burns in hell. Chris Hughton has more intergraty in one of his *****s than that fat clown has. Business man? my Arse.

frazeHFC
06-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Hughton has done great there i think , last year was great and they have done well in the league this year, just have some daft results.

FromTheCapital
06-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Really bad decision, Mike Ashley is a fool and a joke.
Dissapointed as I feel Chris could've kept them up and did a Stoke or something,
But now Ashley's blew it...... Good luck Chris Hughton ! :thumbsup:

poolman
06-12-2010, 01:44 PM

The club's been a joke since he took over :agree:

StevieC
06-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm surprised at that.

Having said that though, defeats against potential relegation rivals Blackpool/Stoke/Blackburn/Bolton along with a draw against Wolves and a defeat against West Brom yesterday will have had alarm bells ringing.

They have difficult games against Liverpool, Birmingham (a), Man City and Spurs before the end of the year, and on current form that could easily see them dragged down to the relegation zone (they are only 4 points above Wigan).

First three fixtures of the new year are Wigan, West Ham and Sunderland so I can see how panic may have set in with the chairman.

Hibbie_Cameron
06-12-2010, 01:54 PM
I cannot believe this news and i am raging.

That fat idiot has struck again. For the first time in years we get a manager that gets results, the players like and the fans love. The hysteria surrounding Ashley had died down and despite the fans still not liking him they have somewhat come to accept that he aint going anywhere.

Record points in the championship, in a season where even i never believed they wouyld challenge for the title. They come up and beat Everton away, beat and draw with Chelsea, hammer Villa and the Mackems and the icing on the cake we beat mighty Arsenal at the Emerites.

The last two away results have been bad but they are missing 7 first team players for the last 3 games, in what is already a thread bare squad. 2 maybe even 3 of these will back this weekend. If Chelsea struggle with 2 players out then its obvious Newcastle will with 7.

To make things worse im going to the game v Liverpool on saturday night.

Goodness knows who will be in the dug out

Jim44
06-12-2010, 01:55 PM
:rolleyes:

Bishop Hibee
06-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Are NUFC the HMFC of Ingurlund :greengrin Sunderland fan texted me the news and he's delighted about it which says it all really.

While I admire the support Mags give their club, they should have kept up the pressure to get Ashley out rather than turn a blind eye with the club doing reasonably well in the EPL. No danger was Ashley ever a Toon fan until he bought the club.

Maybe they'll get Keegan back :hilarious

Just Jimmy
06-12-2010, 01:59 PM

That fat idiot has struck again. For the first time in years we get a manager that gets results, the players like and the fans love. The hysteria surrounding Ashley had died down and despite the fans still not liking him they have somewhat come to accept that he aint going anywhere.

Record points in the championship, in a season where even i never believed they wouyld challenge for the title. They come up and beat Everton away, beat and draw with Chelsea, hammer Villa and the Mackems and the icing on the cake we beat mighty Arsenal at the Emerites.

The last two away results have been bad but they are missing 7 first team players for the last 3 games, in what is already a thread bare squad. 2 maybe even 3 of these will back this weekend. If Chelsea struggle with 2 players out then its obvious Newcastle will with 7.

and why is it a threadbare squad? That's right caller, cos that fat cockney ****bag has sold and never replaced properly. Saturday team cos 19million in total. Disgusting way to treat a man who has been the shining example of decency to everybody involved in football since he took over.

Sometimes you just thank your lucky stars for Rod.

Hibbie_Cameron
06-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Are NUFC the HMFC of Ingurlund :greengrin Sunderland fan texted me the news and he's delighted about it which says it all really.

While I admire the support Mags give their club, they should have kept up the pressure to get Ashley out rather than turn a blind eye with the club doing reasonably well in the EPL. No danger was Ashley ever a Toon fan until he bought the club.

Maybe they'll get Keegan back :hilarious

I was at games last season where songs were sung about him and the fans displeasure is still there but you can hardly turn up when the team is doing well demanding for a change of ownership. The 11 on the park come first

cockneymike
06-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Unbelievable stuff!

Ashley is clearly even a bigger clown than he first appeared to be.

The ironic thing is, even if Newcastle are in a funny place having done well against the big boys, then struggled against their relegation rivals. If they get someone else in who keeps them up, the fans will still say that Houghton could have done it anyway.

Ashley loses the fans again, dear oh dear.

StevieC
06-12-2010, 02:12 PM
I was at games last season where songs were sung about him and the fans displeasure is still there but you can hardly turn up when the team is doing well demanding for a change of ownership. The 11 on the park come first

Talking of fans chanting .. did you catch the song that rang round the stadium against Chelsea?

:faf:

jdships
06-12-2010, 02:14 PM

:top marks
I met CH at a function in Newcastle earlier on this season and he was a pleasure to speak with.
He was so well informed about Scottish football never mind English.
Chatted about East Mains and how facilities like that could take time to bring results on the park but it "would happen" if the right staff were in place .

Sorry to see him go :boo hoo:

Hibbie_Cameron
06-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Talking of fans chanting .. did you catch the song that rang round the stadium against Chelsea?

What was that Steve?

Expecting a good sing song now on saturday. You going down?

JimBHibees
06-12-2010, 02:20 PM

Pretty much my take on as it a neutral observer. The Toon have in the games I have seen looked very good to me and better than I would have expected. Hughton certainly did more than enough to be treated like this.

Just Jimmy
06-12-2010, 02:20 PM
What was that Steve?

Expecting a good sing song now on saturday. You going down?

I think Steve means the Collicini song changed to Cheryl Cole.

NAE NOOKIE
06-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Hughton has more class in his wee toenail than Ashley has in his whole fat bloated carcass.

I am not a Newcastle fan to any great degree, but I have a pal who is an ST holder.

Obviously Hughton has been given the push becase his team have failed to live up to the raging success of the last 30 years. I.E. it looked like they might not be relegation candidates come April, which as we all know is not the Newcastle way.

Unbelievable :bitchy:

lucky
06-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Big support. big stadium but not a big club. Newcastle like to have star names as managers but it never works out for them. Championship here they come. CC seen it coming and jumped. Sad state of affairs but there are a lot worse than Ashley running clubs

StevieC
06-12-2010, 02:26 PM
I think Steve means the Collicini song changed to Cheryl Cole.

That's the one .. comedy gold!

Loud and clear through the whole stadium.

To the tune of Frankie Valli's "Cant take my eyes off you" (Collicini song)

Ooooh Cheryl Tweedy ...
You are the love of my life ..
Ooooh Cheryl Tweedy ...
I'll let you be my wife ..
Ooooh Cheryl Tweedy ..

.. WE HATE ASHLEY COLE TOO!!!

It's fair to say that a different Ashley is likely to be on the brunt this weekend.

(ps small bit of editing to the lyrics, as it's a family board :wink: )

ekhibee
06-12-2010, 02:32 PM
I was just watching an interview on the BBC website yesterday with Chris Hughton after the West Brom game,and he was quite clearly upset about the poor performance by his team. God only knows what has possessed Ashley to do something like this, it beggars belief. most Newcastle fans,I would imagine, will be seriously angry about this.

Bishop Hibee
06-12-2010, 02:37 PM

Manchester United fans do it. In the light of the Duff and Gray experience at Hibs, if we had an Ashley figure in charge I'd give up my ST and start going to away games instead.

Hibbie_Cameron
06-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Manchester United fans do it. In the light of the Duff and Gray experience at Hibs, if we had an Ashley figure in charge I'd give up my ST and start going to away games instead.

To be fair Man Utd main aim is not to stay in the division every season.

I agree though, im going to match on saturday but i wish i was not now.

The question is who will take over? Martin O'Neil? No Chance imo

M O'N has demanded money wherever he has been and left AV because Lerner would not give him enough money. Well there is no chance he will be at SJP as he will get nothing from Ashley, not a penny.

They will end up with some diddy imo. Joe Kinnear must be rubbing his hands at the thought

Jack
06-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Will this scupper any loan deals that may have been in motion? :confused:

RickyS
06-12-2010, 03:16 PM
To be fair Man Utd main aim is not to stay in the division every season.

I agree though, im going to match on saturday but i wish i was not now.

The question is who will take over? Martin O'Neil? No Chance imo

M O'N has demanded money wherever he has been and left AV because Lerner would not give him enough money. Well there is no chance he will be at SJP as he will get nothing from Ashley, not a penny.

They will end up with some diddy imo. Joe Kinnear must be rubbing his hands at the thought

what is the situation with Kinnear, I thought officially he was still manager? but on sick leave. maybe he will come back if he is fit enough

Hibbie_Cameron
06-12-2010, 03:18 PM
what is the situation with Kinnear, I thought officially he was still manager? but on sick leave. maybe he will come back if he is fit enough

Hughton was manager. Kinnear only had a contract to the end of that season anyway

Bostonhibby
06-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Joke decision IMO.

He's re-structured them since their relegation and took them mid table in their first season back.

Was doing a good job and just goes to show what a complete tosser Mike Ashley is.

:agree: Was definitely beginning to bring a bit of stability and credibility to the place after being a bit of a joke on and off for a decade or so, they think they are something bigger than their results have reflected.

Seem to actually thrive on the sort of boom and bust (well mostly bust) of Ashley and a couple of the others chancers before him. Unless theres some money coming in, it will be interesting to see how the season finishes against where Hughton got them, good manager, who achieved a lot with not much.

Still there's always the messiah, bring back KK, progress :wink:

marleyhib
06-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Crazy decision, although not that surprised as they refused to give him a long term contract.

A few bad results and he's sacked, yet only a month ago they beat Sunderland 5-1 and Arsenal at the Emirates.

Can't help feel Ashley was itching to do this, I hope it backfires on him and they end up in the Championship again.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-12-2010, 03:23 PM
We could have had Calderwood for nothing if we had hung on a few weeks. Money down the drain.:grr:.............:greengrin:greengrin:green grin

hibeeleicester
06-12-2010, 03:38 PM
We could have had Calderwood for nothing if we had hung on a few weeks. Money down the drain.:grr:.............:greengrin:greengrin:green grin

Im sure Colin would of been caretaker, and with a couple of good results he could of been in with a shout for the job. Bet he's gutted!:greengrin

seanraff07
06-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm bloody raging.. why does Ashley feel the need to mess things up every time things are starting to shape up nicely, it's a ****ing disgrace! Good luck Hughton :agree:.. I was at the game last weekend and despite having Barton and Nolan, basically half our midfield out we played well. We've scored 4 at Stamford Bridge this season, beat West Ham, Everton and Arsenal away from home.. and pumped Villa and the Mackems at SJP. How that deserves a sacking i'll never know, baring in mind that's all on the back of a very successful in the Championship, ending up with over 100 points after losing a lot of our key players at the start of last season and never really replacing them.

How Ashley can claim to be a Toon fan, i'll never know.

iwasthere1972
06-12-2010, 03:55 PM
An absolute disgrace. Maybe Colin Calderwood knew about this ages ago and decided to take the Hibs job before being punted with Hughton by Ashley.

Hope Alan Shearer gets/takes the job and the Toon get relegated. :agree:

frazeHFC
06-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Seems to be a fair few Magpies on this forum, always liked them, Nolan is a quality player. I remember his hat-trick at Ipswich last year, amazing :thumbsup:

Gettin' Auld
06-12-2010, 04:13 PM
The Newcastle fans sure aint best pleased!!
http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=28920

frazeHFC
06-12-2010, 04:18 PM

They seem pretty pleased to me :cool2: Love the comments about Ashley :top marks

ekhibee
06-12-2010, 04:23 PM
lol I kind of got that impression lol I see Alan Pardew's name mentioned-the Stuart Baxter of England, always getting quoted with managerial jobs in the premiership.

West Upper
06-12-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't understand why Mike Ashley would get rid of Hughton after betting Arsenal and Sunderland last month. Newcastle are a big club but who would want the job with Mike Ashley being there and very little money for transfers.

Peter Beardsley has put in temporary charge of the First Team.

WindyMiller
06-12-2010, 05:24 PM

Their swear-filter disnae seem tae work.

eastmainsmsh
06-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Get yer cash on watty smith :wink:

GerryS
06-12-2010, 05:30 PM
I am raging! CH has done a brilliant job. He has spent nothing and yet we are mid table having beaten Arsenal, Everton and Villa. We have the best derby result since 1956 and now this happens.

Ashley is a t**t. There are rumours that we are about to get Alan Pardew who is a total joke. I will not be back for a while.

Thank you Chris. You are an excellent manager and a true gentleman. You will be not be out of the game for long.

snooky
06-12-2010, 05:35 PM
WS? - Good call.
The old dog might take the bone if it's offered.

Gettin' Auld
06-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Their swear-filter disnae seem tae work.

Aye there was no sign of a ****, *****, ****, ****** or even a ******* anywhere.

:greengrin

essexhibee
06-12-2010, 06:10 PM
What an absolutely shocking decision.
Newcastle have the ability to implode here as wouldn't be if they get some numpty in to replace him.
And some people have a dig at old rod, better than that numpty!

The_Todd
06-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Insane. Completely certifiably insane. Mike Ashley has clearly been studying "Football Management for Dummies by V.Romanov".

Craig_in_Prague
06-12-2010, 06:25 PM
A bit from our own CC on it:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9262152.stm

Dr Jimmy
06-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Shocking decision but their fans are world champs at swearing ...:-) read their comments from the link posted earlier they are brilliant.

The_Todd
06-12-2010, 06:49 PM
The Yams certainly have an interesting take on the Newcastle situation

As I said before, they seem to think they're something special, but having a load of deluded fans doesn't make you a big team.

I suppose Hearts fans know all about that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Strange decision! Wee Brucie for The Hammers tho!

Hibernia Na Eir
06-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Strange decision! Wee Brucie for The Hammers tho!

get on with the drinking Mr S !

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Im now toasting young Ngog, which is nice!

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Shocking decision but their fans are world champs at swearing ...:-) read their comments from the link posted earlier they are brilliant.

Look at the first quote from " Alex" :top marks:greengrin:greengrin

H18sry
07-12-2010, 09:10 AM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/3489/3/exclusive-calderwood-hughton-didnt-deserve-be-sacked :wink:

Littlest Hobo
07-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Feel a wee bit sorry for Hughton but to be fair Newcastle were stinking the other night.

If the rumours regarding Martin O'Neil are true then I don't think many Geordies will shed too many tears for Hughton.

Dashing Bob S
08-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Ashely's a great man who obviously decided that a mug like Hughton wasn't the man to take the club forward and that Pards is that boy.