PDA

View Full Version : Grounds Loan Deal Could Be Extended?

Gettin' Auld
06-12-2010, 01:07 PM
There's a chance that he could still be here after the january transfer window. Story Here (http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Onloan-Grounds-may-stay-at.6651447.jp)

Ritchie
06-12-2010, 01:09 PM
think we should be looking for better.... i've not been impressed with him tbh.

Gettin' Auld
06-12-2010, 01:11 PM
think we should be looking for better.... i've not been impressed with him tbh.
I agree, i expected more from him.

yekimevol
06-12-2010, 01:17 PM
no thanks would prefer to see booth given a chance

.Sean.
06-12-2010, 01:26 PM
I agree, i expected more from him.

no thanks would prefer to see booth given a chance
:agree:

Grounds has been dissapointing and it's about time Callum got a chance.

SteveHFC
06-12-2010, 01:31 PM

JimBHibees
06-12-2010, 01:58 PM
I think he is a decent player though in common with most had a shocker in the Saints game. Personally would be happy for his term to be extended. Bit of quality in his left foot which we can do with.

Johnny_Leith
06-12-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure what to make of Grounds, he was good at Celtic and Dundee Utd, abject against St.Johnstone home and away and below par/average the rest of the games but I feel there's a player in there somewhere.

I'd keep him on and alternate him with Booth, we've a thin squad as it is.

Sir David Gray
06-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Not too fussy about this to be honest. He was extremely poor against St Johnstone and I haven't really been too impressed by him in other matches either. I would rather see Callum Booth coming back and playing at LB.

PS-Can one of the admins please change the thread title to say "Grounds' loan deal could be extended" instead of "Ground's". I'm being pedantic but I really hate it when names with an 's' at the end are used with an apostrophe before the 's'. :grr:

Thanks.
:wink:

DH1875
06-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Not for me. Nothing against him but I'd rather Booth was given his chance.

West Upper
06-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Not for me. Nothing against him but I'd rather Booth was given his chance.

Mark79
06-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Poor player in my opinion. Looks like he doesn't want to be here and that's what the rumours suggest about him.

Jones28
06-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Dont think he is as poor as you all seem to think. Note that his defensive performance was good enough to keep a clean sheet, and he is a defender.

Granted he gave the ball away but thats an aspect of his game he needs to work on ie going forward and playing the killer pass.

However do think the younger lads need a chance.

marinello59
06-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Poor player in my opinion. Looks like he doesn't want to be here and that's what the rumours suggest about him.

Really? I can't say he looked disinterested to me.

I can't comment on the rumours as I haven't heard them before but that might be because you have only just started it.

Judas Iscariot
06-12-2010, 04:48 PM
He's no better a LB than Hanlon..

I'd rather Paul was given a extended run in the team..

At least he can pass the ball over 5 yards...

Mark79
06-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Really? I can't say he looked disinterested to me.

I can't comment on the rumours as I haven't heard them before but that might be because you have only just started it.

By that I mean he doesn't look like he is busting a gut ( mind you a few others like that). I heard he wasn't too impressed up here and wanted back asap.

marinello59
06-12-2010, 05:15 PM
By that I mean he doesn't look like he is busting a gut ( mind you a few others like that). I heard he wasn't too impressed up here and wanted back asap.

Given the state of Scottish fitba, who could blame him.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-12-2010, 05:58 PM
He's no better a LB than Hanlon..

I'd rather Paul was given a extended run in the team..

At least he can pass the ball over 5 yards...

Unless CC can bring in someone appreciably better, I'd like to see Hanlon and Booth compete for that position, good game time for both of them.

Albion Hibs
06-12-2010, 05:59 PM

Why do you say that? Apart from the other week he has done okay, scored, and cant remember him costing us anything.

Is Callum a lot better than him?

.Sean.
06-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Why do you say that? Apart from the other week he has done okay, scored, and cant remember him costing us anything.

Is Callum a lot better than him?
He doesn't bomb forward enough for my liking and his passing is often poor.

I'm biased a he's my mate but Boothy pishes all over him as an attacking, modern, over-lapping fullback :wink:

Albion Hibs
06-12-2010, 06:25 PM
He doesn't bomb forward enough for my liking and his passing is often poor.

I'm biased a he's my mate but Boothy pishes all over him as an attacking, modern, over-lapping fullback :wink:

Fair play if Boothy is your mate, I can understand you would be biased. I have heard from a few people that he is one of our younger players that has a very good chance, my concern would be dragging him back from loan and dumping him in as first choice. He is one that I would like to see come back and get his shot from the bench. The last thing you would want is a poll being started about one of your mate saying "is he good enough to play for hibs" and him getting booed off.

All in all would like to see him get his chance, but not as first choice, I am sure from what I have heard he will earn his slot there in time.

In defence of Grounds with exception of the St J game his passing is decent, and he defends well. Whilst it is good to see a full back get forward there first role is to defend and I think Grounds has done a good job of that.

Im summary, and IMO. We have a decent young player, has done his loan spell, let him come back and fight / wait for his chance, work him in with spells over the rest of the season behind a player that will do a job for us this season then move on.

Big Frank
06-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Unimpressed with Grounds tbh

Honked most of the time

.Sean.
06-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Fair play if Boothy is your mate, I can understand you would be biased. I have heard from a few people that he is one of our younger players that has a very good chance, my concern would be dragging him back from loan and dumping him in as first choice. He is one that I would like to see come back and get his shot from the bench. The last thing you would want is a poll being started about one of your mate saying "is he good enough to play for hibs" and him getting booed off.

All in all would like to see him get his chance, but not as first choice, I am sure from what I have heard he will earn his slot there in time.

In defence of Grounds with exception of the St J game his passing is decent, and he defends well. Whilst it is good to see a full back get forward there first role is to defend and I think Grounds has done a good job of that.

Im summary, and IMO. We have a decent young player, has done his loan spell, let him come back and fight / wait for his chance, work him in with spells over the rest of the season behind a player that will do a job for us this season then move on.
If Grounds does go we'd certainly have to bring another left back to the club - Hanlon is a centre half, Murray is more far more effective in the middle and Stevenson is a midfielder. We've options, but we need a recognised left back.

Sir David Gray
06-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Not too fussy about this to be honest. He was extremely poor against St Johnstone and I haven't really been too impressed by him in other matches either. I would rather see Callum Booth coming back and playing at LB.

PS-Can one of the admins please change the thread title to say "Grounds' loan deal could be extended" instead of "Ground's". I'm being pedantic but I really hate it when names with an 's' at the end are used with an apostrophe before the 's'. :grr:

Thanks.
:wink:

Cheers to whoever made the change. :aok:

:greengrin

degenerated
06-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Cheers to whoever made the change. :aok:

:greengrin

don't think gettin' auld's thread title has been changed but thank's for pointing it out :agree:

jdships
06-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Suppose it was inevitable now that slagging off,booing,etc Nish has just about run its course we need to find another guy who "is not good enough fot Hibs " that we can tear to bits :greengrin:wink::rolleyes:

Elephant Stone
06-12-2010, 07:41 PM
No thanks!

Godsahibby
06-12-2010, 07:50 PM
There is nothing I have seen in me Grounds that would justify him staying at ER, he is nothing special so why should we be helping develop one of Boro's youngsters, which by the way Boro are shocking so what does that say about him if he is not in contention there. From what I have heard about him Booth has the potential to be first choice are ER so why not play him.

hibsbollah
06-12-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm not sure what to make of Grounds, he was good at Celtic and Dundee Utd, abject against St.Johnstone home and away and below par/average the rest of the games but I feel there's a player in there somewhere.

I'd keep him on and alternate him with Booth, we've a thin squad as it is.

...I was impressed with him in the Motherwell game too. He's had a mixed start, but i wouldnt write him off just yet.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-12-2010, 08:05 PM

Not being impressed by the standard of a league that you are not impressing in?? Not immediately wanted back aboard a sinking ship at a time when 'Boro realy need 110% commitment and maybe don't see that in him? Better watch that he doesn't paint himself into a corner.

joebakerforever
06-12-2010, 08:17 PM
One thing Grounds can do that no other Hibs player has been able to do (probably since the days of Eric Schaedler) is consistently provide long throw-ins.

It is a useful attribute in the game and if he is to return to the Boro, perhaps he should be used to learn his team mates this technique before he goes.

sahib
07-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Grounds has a bit of football about him. He made a few bad passes against Saints and he looks lackadaisical at times. I would not be worried if he is returned to Boro.