PDA

View Full Version : Snow Damage to Tynecastle

PatHead
06-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Something on the SSN Bar about Hearts expect game to go ahead despite snow damage to "Main" stand. Anyone know about this and best way to sort said damage?

Keith_M
06-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Something on the SSN Bar about Hearts expect game to go ahead despite snow damage to "Main" stand. Anyone know about this and best way to sort said damage?

Bulldozer?

Gettin' Auld
06-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote -
Hearts today began a clean up operation at Tynecastle after heavy snow caused damage to the stadium.
Ice and snow falling off the roof of the main stand has pulled down sections of piping and iron gutter.

Pretty Boy
06-12-2010, 01:12 PM
There was athread about this on kickback a couple of days ago.

Some damaged guttering and roofing and apparently a burst pipe. Unconfirmed reports that the light bulb is still out of action as well.

Gettin' Auld
06-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Some damaged guttering and roofing and apparently a burst pipe.

Caused £20,000 worth of improvements!!

Greentinted
06-12-2010, 01:18 PM
There was athread about this on kickback a couple of days ago.

Some damaged guttering and roofing and apparently a burst pipe. Unconfirmed reports that the light bulb is still out of action as well.

:hilarious

Kaiser1962
06-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Insurance claim coming perhaps? Whats the cost of replacing the stand? That'll about do sir!

aljo7-0
06-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Insurance claim coming perhaps? Whats the cost of replacing the stand? That'll about do sir!
New for old, no doubt

greenginger
06-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote -
Hearts today began a clean up operation at Tynecastle after heavy snow caused damage to the stadium.
Ice and snow falling off the roof of the main stand has pulled down sections of piping and iron gutter.

I take it its the Asbo Stand that's been damaged.

Full health and safety inspection required, engineer's safety certificate update, oh, and its listed too,better let Historic Scotland know they've not been looking after their ancient monument.:devil:

Moulin Yarns
06-12-2010, 01:45 PM
I take it its the Asbo Stand that's been damaged.

Full health and safety inspection required, engineer's safety certificate update, oh, and its listed too,better let Historic Scotland know they've not been looking after their ancient monument.:devil:

I think Historic Scotland refer to ancient monuments that are owned by others as 'buildings in care', so does that mean they can be sued by HS for not taking care of it?

hibbill2002
06-12-2010, 01:50 PM
:thumbsup::top marks

Phil D. Rolls
06-12-2010, 01:51 PM
How can they tell?

NAE NOOKIE
06-12-2010, 02:30 PM
I hear that any repairs will be put on hold until Time team have been allowed to have a look.

"It's day three Tony and we still havn't found anything to do with football"

:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
06-12-2010, 02:32 PM

You would have thought it would cope with a bit of snow, given that it was built during the last ice age.

greenginger
06-12-2010, 03:32 PM
You would have thought it would cope with a bit of snow, given that it was built during the last ice age.

This damage was reported yesterday and would appear to be rather minor in nature.

Has anyone been down Mcleod Street to see if today's deluge has "IMPROVED" the situation. :greengrin

RickyS
06-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I hear that any repairs will be put on hold until Time team have been allowed to have a look.

"It's day three Tony and we still havn't found anything to do with football"

excellent:top marks

iwasthere1972
06-12-2010, 03:50 PM

Even bus shelters aren't damaged by the snow. Nothing worse than finding ****** under snow. I pity the builders who have to repair that heap.

Bostonhibby
06-12-2010, 03:53 PM

:bitchy: Nae chance, properly constructed, maintained and weathertight buildings are designed to erm, ahem................withstand the weather!

If they had paid the premium, there would have been a fire many years ago, a good blaze eliminates the inconvenience of proving whether the structure was maintained or in good or bad state of repair beforehand, not withstanding the weather when all around generally has, tends to speak for itself.

Pity they bought that bulb though, daylight will be streaming through now.

I imagine the contractors will be queueing up for this lucrative and prompt paying repair job.

Toaods
06-12-2010, 04:15 PM
apparently the club's official snowman got a doing...:greengrin

hibs0666
06-12-2010, 04:22 PM

How could they tell? :confused:

MSK
06-12-2010, 04:22 PM
apparently teh club's official snowman got a doing...:greengrinThat was Whereswallace ...he couldnt find another snowman so he booted **** out of that ****hole flea ridden pish soaked asbestos covered antiquated ramshackle of a barn they have a bare faced cheek tae call a stand !!!! :jamboak:

Greentinted
06-12-2010, 04:44 PM
That was Whereswallace ...he couldnt find another snowman so he booted **** out of that ****hole flea ridden pish soaked asbestos covered antiquated ramshackle of a barn they have a bare faced cheek tae call a stand !!!! :jamboak:

Ah, but it's got a gymnasium in it dontchaknow? State of the art (when Barney Battles was the man!)

PatHead
06-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Shame it is only minor damage. By the sounds of it some old toilet roll holders and sticky back plastic should do the job. Whilst I think about it where is my old advent candle holder I made all these years ago with the non fire resistant tinsel and coat hangers

NGP
06-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Surley the stand can take a bit of snow, after all it rebounded all the Nazi bombs straight back to the german bombers and kept Edinburgh safe, this is after it was loaned to the Navy (sailed by those brave Jambos) in the 1st world war as a battle ship that kept the Germans from invading.

Ireallywasthere
06-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Part of the roofing fell under the weight of the snow and landed on a dugout, not sure that it's just minor damage. The game may yet be called off :wink:

Www1875hfc
06-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Ah wonder if i could make it down to tynie before they repair the damage.
Ah've made up a wee time capsule, after all its been standing since 1914.:greengrin

What could be added to this capsule?
Hibs strip
zero 7 programme
Gary Mackays medals....ooops :faf::faf::faf:
A message from sir Albert Kidd
Petrol
A match :wink:

Greentinted
06-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Ah wonder if i could make it down to tynie before they repair the damage.
Ah've made up a wee time capsule, after all its been standing since 1914.:greengrin

What could be added to this capsule?
Hibs strip
zero 7 programme
Gary Mackays medals....ooops :faf::faf::faf:
A message from sir Albert Kidd
Petrol
A match :wink:

A huge skipful of integrity.

essexhibee
06-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Joke of a stadium.

The_Todd
06-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Big club, big insurance excess.

BEEJ
06-12-2010, 08:51 PM
:hilarious

Enjoyed that. :greengrin

Hibercelona
06-12-2010, 11:05 PM
I heard the asbestos got hit hard by the heavy snow fall and caught fire.

sambajustice
07-12-2010, 06:46 AM
That stand won two world wars all by itself, you should be showing it more respect!

Springbank
07-12-2010, 06:51 AM
thats a shame.

this stand must have seen the biggest crowd that Edinburgh has ever seen, being the home of the big team

oh, wait, whats that you say...the 65ooo were at Easter Road...surely some mistake...

crash
07-12-2010, 07:05 AM
I remember last winter a lot of old barns collapsed under the weight of snow, still I hear they only need three stands these days:wink:

NAE NOOKIE
07-12-2010, 11:12 AM
We wont be laughing when Vlad gives the go ahead for the new £50,000,000 quadruple decked super stand with bars and restaurants and royal box with attached Edinburgh super Hilton hotel including underground parking for 10,000 cars.

I also live in hope of the day when there will be a waiting list for season tickets at every Scottish football club.

Hmmmm. I wonder which will happen first :hmmm:

ScottB
07-12-2010, 11:54 AM

Damage or no damage I can't see any games going ahead at Tynecastle yet, I live just up the road and the roads and pavements are atrocious at the moment, side roads all still deep snow, only Gorgie Road itself is passable and after today's freezing temperatures, the pavements will be thick ice.

Sunny1875
07-12-2010, 03:49 PM
well at the very least there wont be much football played at tynecastle for the foreseeable future but there has not been much played there in the past either

Why blame the weather ?

oconnors_strip
07-12-2010, 04:31 PM
the flood lights were on at the stadium when i left work at 4.15pm, presume they were assessing the damage, no chance of repairs happening in this cold!

AK86
07-12-2010, 11:46 PM
All together now.........

tynecastle is falling down
falling down falling down
Its asbestos

El Gubbz
07-12-2010, 11:54 PM
All together now.........

falling down falling down
Its asbestos
Tynies going down like a russian submarine...

Wotherspiniesta
08-12-2010, 12:19 AM
HAHAHAHAH....what a piece of ***** :lolyam:

Here's hoping for more snow! :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
08-12-2010, 09:56 AM
the flood lights were on at the stadium when i left work at 4.15pm, presume they were assessing the damage, no chance of repairs happening in this cold!

Perhaps they are hoping the floodlights will catch on fire like they did last season and melt the snow.