PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phone Signal

woodythehibee
06-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Currently with 02 and have a great signal but for my next phone Orange have the best deal and I would be saving over £200 if i switched due to the incentives on offer.

However, I've heard a few stories of people not gettin signal on Orange and it can be difficult at times. Obviously, it depends where you live and where you go but generally, what's your thoughts on the signals of the big mobile phone companies?

bingo70
06-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Currently with 02 and have a great signal but for my next phone Orange have the best deal and I would be saving over £200 if i switched due to the incentives on offer.

However, I've heard a few stories of people not gettin signal on Orange and it can be difficult at times. Obviously, it depends where you live and where you go but generally, what's your thoughts on the signals of the big mobile phone companies?

I think there's very little difference between them now, t-mobile and orange share masts now so that should help, i'm on t-mobile and if i don't get reception i switch on to orange.

You also normally get a cooling off period so you can test the signal so i'd check what there policy on that is if you were concerned.

Woody1985
06-12-2010, 12:37 PM
ORange is a bit frustrating at times. I was told they'd have the best coverage but I have issues in places where others have o2 Without problems.

I've not had a smart phone to compare signals with though so orange could be the best.

HibeeSince85
06-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Vodafone have the best coverage in the UK by some distance.

matty_f
08-12-2010, 11:49 PM
I think there's very little difference between them now, t-mobile and orange share masts now so that should help, i'm on t-mobile and if i don't get reception i switch on to orange.

You also normally get a cooling off period so you can test the signal so i'd check what there policy on that is if you were concerned.

:agree: I've yet to lose signal with Orange since they paired with t-mobile.

Woody1985
09-12-2010, 06:34 AM
:agree: I've yet to lose signal with Orange since they paired with t-mobile.

Does it only work if you've got an unlocked phone?

I can't change the roaming setting on my htc desire.

Ed De Gramo
09-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Orange is horrendous :grr:

brianmc
10-12-2010, 05:01 AM
Your phone disnae need to be unlocked. Just Google everything everywhere then register your number on the site.
My reception ( on orange ) in the house used to be non existent. Now,using orange/t-mobile it's usually 3 out of 4 bars on the signal strength indicator.