PDA

View Full Version : Juventus and Inter after Scott Brown

SteveHFC
05-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Juventus and Inter Milan are set to battle it out for the £5m signature of Celtic midfielder Scott Brown when the transfer window opens in January. (Sunday Express)

From BBC Gossip.

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Juventus and Inter Milan are set to battle it out for the £5m signature of Celtic midfielder Scott Brown when the transfer window opens in January. (Sunday Express)

From BBC Gossip.

And Fray Bentos are after Kris Boyd.

Hibbyradge
05-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Only £5m? That makes our fee look even better.

Having said that, has the express ever got a transfer prediction right?

Oh, and I nearly forgot, Scott Brown's pish.

Eganov
05-12-2010, 02:25 PM
And Fray Bentos are after Kris Boyd.

for theft?

Woody1985
05-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Paper talk.

How many times have we seen massive clubs linked to the old firm and nothing comes of it.

There's talk of mcGregor going to man u still despite them already signing a keeper from Denmark, due to happen in January.

jdships
05-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Good luck to him but wonder if Celtic haven't " coached" the natural flair out of him
Has looked a pale shadow of the player he was a couple of years ago :boo hoo:

HibeeMcGinn1
05-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Sell on fee for the cabbage?

PeterboroHibee
05-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Hes garbage, why would either of those clubs want him?

Ray_
05-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Good luck to him but wonder if Celtic haven't " coached" the natural flair out of him
Has looked a pale shadow of the player he was a couple of years ago :boo hoo:

Agreed 100%

3pm
05-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Only £5m? That makes our fee look even better.

Having said that, has the express ever got a transfer prediction right?

Oh, and I nearly forgot, Scott Brown's pish.

No idea if the last bit is sarcastic but I agree with it.

ballengeich
05-12-2010, 05:02 PM
£5 million for a player with a persistent unresolved injury?

Dunbar Hibee
05-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Celtc have ruined Scott Brown. Use to be a quality player, not now though

MWHIBBIES
05-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Why would Inter and Juve want Brown when they have the likes of Marchisio,Melo,Motta,Cambiasso and Sneijder.

weecounty hibby
05-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Why would Inter and Juve want Brown when they have the likes of Marchisio,Melo,Motta,Cambiasso and Sneijder.
For the same reason the AC Milan wanted Gattuso. I never rated Gattuso in Scotland but when he went back to Italy he turned out to be a right good player. I think Brown would be the same if he left Celtic and went somewhere like that

MWHIBBIES
05-12-2010, 05:52 PM
For the same reason the AC Milan wanted Gattuso. I never rated Gattuso in Scotland but when he went back to Italy he turned out to be a right good player. I think Brown would be the same if he left Celtic and went somewhere like thatGood point but Gattuso is his prime was a world class player and brown will never be IMO

weecounty hibby
05-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Good point but Gattuso is his prime was a world class player and brown will never be IMO
But when he was at Ibrox would you have expected him to go on and be world class? I didn't and I can see comparisons between him and Brown.

Cocaine&Caviar
05-12-2010, 05:56 PM
For the same reason the AC Milan wanted Gattuso. I never rated Gattuso in Scotland but when he went back to Italy he turned out to be a right good player. I think Brown would be the same if he left Celtic and went somewhere like that

But Gattuso went back to Italy before going to Milan and proved himself there, very different situation.

weecounty hibby
05-12-2010, 06:00 PM
But Gattuso went back to Italy before going to Milan and proved himself there, very different situation.
True, but at the moment Juventus are very poor and are probably looking for the type of player that Brown was with us. I really do believe that he was one of the finest midfielders I had seen until he went along the M8 and has been coached badly and played out of position. I think a move away from them will do his carreer a power of good.

Cocaine&Caviar
05-12-2010, 06:24 PM
True, but at the moment Juventus are very poor and are probably looking for the type of player that Brown was with us. I really do believe that he was one of the finest midfielders I had seen until he went along the M8 and has been coached badly and played out of position. I think a move away from them will do his carreer a power of good.

I totally agree, but more likely to be a Birmingham, Bolton or Sunderland IMO.

Hibbyradge
05-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Is there anyone in our current squad who would keep Scott Brown out of our team, if we somehow signed him?

3pm
05-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Is there anyone in our current squad who would keep Scott Brown out of our team, if we somehow signed him?

What's your opinion?

Hibbyradge
05-12-2010, 08:03 PM
What's your opinion?

I think Scott Brown is a fine player, better than anyone in our current squad.

He hasn't developed in the way I hoped he would, but he's still one of the best in our league.

3pm
05-12-2010, 08:07 PM

He hasn't developed in the way I hoped he would, but he's still one of the best in our league.

OK.

And since I have asked for your opinion, I'll ask again....who do you think will be eliminated from the X-Factor tonight?

Beefster
05-12-2010, 08:08 PM

Course he's a good player. All this talk of him becoming a bad player at Celtic, whilst winning trophies, becoming a integral part of the national team and being coveted by Premiership clubs and the likes of Juve and Inter, is just mince.

Removed
05-12-2010, 08:08 PM

No danger. He'd be one of the first on the teamsheet every week.

(Remember though I am talking about our Broony not the Celtc one :bitchy:)

Hibbyradge
05-12-2010, 08:10 PM
OK.

And since I have asked for your opinion, I'll ask again....who do you think will be eliminated from the X-Factor tonight?

Nasty Nick? :dunno:

Albion Hibs
05-12-2010, 09:05 PM

Would certainly have him back in the Hibs team, but dont think he is better than everyone in our current squad.

The only time I ever see him play is when we play Celtic, and to say he is a shaddow of the player he used to be is no understatement, without Thomo beside him he has always looked average.

Hibbyradge
05-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Would certainly have him back in the Hibs team, but dont think he is better than everyone in our current squad.

I meant midfielders.

Would you leave Scott Brown out of our team for any of our current engine room?

Albion Hibs
05-12-2010, 09:35 PM
I meant midfielders.

Would you leave Scott Brown out of our team for any of our current engine room?

I see.

I dont think we have a set midfield at the moment, I would not drop Murray or Miller for him. But that still leaves two / three slots (4 is you are Levein). I would have him over any of the rest.

Pretty Boy
05-12-2010, 09:42 PM
If Scott Brown goes to Inter it will continue the Rafa Benitez roll call of baffling signings.

Brown is a decent player, had his moments for Hibs and also had a hell of a lot of average performances that seem to have been airbrushed from history. Since going to Celtc he hasn't improved, perhaps a lesson for those who head to the OF rather than down south when the chance comes.

Can anyone really tell me with a straight face they believe Scott Brown has the quality to play in a team that won a treble that included the Champions League last season? Playing alongside one of the favourites for the Balon d'or in Wesley Sneijder. Juventus is slightly more believable but even still i'd be amazed is it happened. This is in the same vein as the McGregor to Man Utd rumours- absolute nonsense from the weedgie press.

Hibbyradge
05-12-2010, 09:44 PM
I see.

I dont think we have a set midfield at the moment, I would not drop Murray or Miller for him. But that still leaves two / three slots (4 is you are Levein). I would have him over any of the rest.

Fair enough, but I'd have Brown in before any of our bunch. I think he's one of the best in the SPL.

With regard to your post, Brown's commitment is similar to Murray's and his creativity is similar, at least, to Miller's.

Could we sell Miller for £5M? If not, how much?

Hypothesis. You gotta love it! :wink:

Albion Hibs
05-12-2010, 09:47 PM
I wonder if he has the same agent as Kenny Miller?

Sounds like there manager got reekin at the Xmas party and starting firing off a few random emails to the glasgow press which they took hook line and sinker!

Albion Hibs
05-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Fair enough, but I'd have Brown in before any of our bunch. I think he's one of the best in the SPL.

With regard to your post, Brown's commitment is similar to Murray's and his creativity is similar, at least, to Miller's.

Could we sell Miller for £5M? If not, how much?

We might have been able to sell Miller at age 20 for a few quid. I dont think you will get anyone saying the price celtic paid for Brown was good value, and if anyone pays 5m for him I would be very suprised / offering them Galbraith for 3m!

A few boys from my work have season tickets at celtic park and they say he is horse s**t. I have no doubt part of that will be because he used to play for Hibs, but from what I have seen I would say it is partly fair comment.

I think he would def add to our team, would not have him in over the above two.

But if his price is 5m - i really dont want to find out how he would do again at hibs.

Hibbyradge
05-12-2010, 09:52 PM
I wonder if he has the same agent as Kenny Miller?

Sounds like there manager got reekin at the Xmas party and starting firing off a few random emails to the glasgow press which they took hook line and sinker!

Possibly, but...who is a better in the lone chasing role than Kenny Miller?

Ach, never mind. :greengrin

monktonharp
05-12-2010, 10:36 PM
For the same reason the AC Milan wanted Gattuso. I never rated Gattuso in Scotland but when he went back to Italy he turned out to be a right good player. I think Brown would be the same if he left Celtic and went somewhere like that:agree:my thoughts exactly. some on here seem to forget what Broonaldo could do in a game. IBROX 3-0 springs to mind:wink: and CIS 5-1 naw? right enough,I forgot he's pish:yawn:

Cocaine&Caviar
05-12-2010, 11:28 PM
We're pretty nailed on to Qualify for the euro's then with players like:

Kenny Miller - AC Milan
Scott Brown - Inter
McGregor - Man Utd
Darren Fletcher - Man Utd

golden generation.

Is Steven Fletcher ar Real yet?

Bishop Hibee
06-12-2010, 12:12 AM

I agree. I was amazed that Gattuso turned out to be the influential player he did. It's quite possible that an injury-free Brown could do a similar job.

:agree:my thoughts exactly. some on here seem to forget what Broonaldo could do in a game. IBROX 3-0 springs to mind:wink: and CIS 5-1 naw? right enough,I forgot he's pish:yawn:

:top marks The same fans slagging him off would be going mental if he returned to ER crowing to anyone who would pay attention. A great player for Hibs who could be great again at a club who can get the best out of him as Celtc obviously can't.

libernian
06-12-2010, 02:46 AM
was immense for hibs. best player easily, and we were mince when he was out of that "golden generation" team.

ohhhh what a team that was when you think about it, just pumping every1..

thing i dont understand tho, he used to be quite skillful when he first came through as well as being a striker. seems to have totally lost that now - cant shoot at all.

do agree with other posts tho, whenever ive seen him at celtic he has been garbage.

libernian
06-12-2010, 02:49 AM
p.s. think he might do a charlie adam if he went to championship n got his confidence up a bit.

cad
06-12-2010, 05:18 AM
Put it this way if he gos to either he has a chance of full filling whatever potential he
had / has ,instead of this corner-boy he seems to have become .
Staying where he is would be a complete and utter waste of a career IMO ,he should do himself a favour and get tae .
Watching Scott Brown over the last 2 years has left me wondering if he actually has what it takes, his performances are well short of the mark.

lapsedhibee
06-12-2010, 08:57 AM
:agree: Where would Pythagoras's theorem have been without it?

Is Steven Fletcher at Real yet?
Benji's keeping him out.

Hibbyradge
06-12-2010, 09:32 AM
ohhhh what a team that was when you think about it, just pumping every1..

thing i dont understand tho, he used to be quite skillful when he first came through as well as being a striker. seems to have totally lost that now - cant shoot at all.

I always thought that the one thing his game lacked was goals and if he could do something about that, he'd be world class.

He hasn't, but he's still a fine player.

Phil MaGlass
06-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Bronnies a quality player that would flourish anywhere except Glasgow, strange that, although he has been dogged with injury, another one destined to be great i reckon,
GET YIRSEL OOTAE DARKHEID BROONIE