PDA

View Full Version : Food and drink?

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2010, 01:05 PM
In the West Brom game, a cross comes in and the defender Chests the ball back to the keeper. Andy Gray says thats food and drink for the defender. What the f is that supposed to mean? Gray is not the only one to say this, i have heard it before.

Why not ham and eggs, or chips and gravy, or paper and scissors? It just does not make any sense? :confused:

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2010, 01:17 PM
In the West Brom game, a cross comes in and the defender Chests the ball back to the keeper. Andy Gray says thats food and drink for the defender. What the f is that supposed to mean? Gray is not the only one to say this, i have heard it before.

Why not ham and eggs, or chips and gravy, or paper and scissors? It just does not make any sense? :confused:

I first heard it when your hun ex said 'that Blackpool Hibs wis food n drink fur me.' Think yourself lucky she never described you as deep fried Mars bar and Buckfast.

jdships
05-12-2010, 01:58 PM

The expression "Food and Drink" refers to the basic requirement for life -- you naturally eat and drink to live
From that it has become used in the context that it is a natural act therefore it is easy .
From that a simple save becomes " food and drink to the keeper "

Here endeth todays english lesson :greengrin:wink:

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2010, 02:15 PM
I first heard it when your hun ex said 'that Blackpool Hibs wis food n drink fur me.' Think yourself lucky she never described you as deep fried Mars bar and Buckfast.

:greengrin

Hibbyradge
05-12-2010, 02:22 PM

That question was Fois Gras and a 2003 Chateau d' Yquem Sauternes to you, Bob.

grunt
05-12-2010, 02:26 PM
I thought the phrase was "meat and drink".
As with many other such common sayings, I believe it was first written by William Shakespeare.

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2010, 02:33 PM
The expression "Food and Drink" refers to the basic requirement for life -- you naturally eat and drink to live
From that it has become used in the context that it is a natural act therefore it is easy .
From that a simple save becomes " food and drink to the keeper "

Here endeth todays english lesson :greengrin:wink:

:thumbsup: Thanks. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
05-12-2010, 02:34 PM
That question was Fois Gras and a 2003 Chateau d' Yquem Sauternes to you, Bob.

Edit: A 1986 Chateau d' Yquem Sauternes.

Hibs Class
05-12-2010, 02:35 PM
As with many other such common sayings, I believe it was first written by William Shakespeare.

:agree: As You Like It, I think

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-12-2010, 02:37 PM

Thats what I think it should be everytime that muppet Gray comes out with it too.

Disco Dave
05-12-2010, 03:46 PM
I always thought it was bread and butter?

Kojock
05-12-2010, 04:11 PM

It was until the Vegetarians complained. :wink:

Mibbes Aye
05-12-2010, 05:17 PM
If it was meat and drink to the keeper does that mean he could have made a meal of it :confused:

Dr Jimmy
05-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Or "dine out" on a save...?

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Edit: A 1986 Chateau d' Yquem Sauternes.

2001 was the best of the recent years. Once had a 1967 bottle - pretty much unbeatable as wines go.

lapsedhibee
06-12-2010, 08:20 AM
A 1986 Chateau d' Yquem Sauternes.

:agree: A good year. Never tyre of it.

jackhfc
06-12-2010, 08:48 PM
If it was meat and drink to the keeper does that mean he could have made a meal of it :confused:

You have took this thread to a whole new level.. :greengrin