PDA

View Full Version : Kurtis Byrne

Diclonius
04-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Should Duffy/Trakys continue to have injury problems and our striker shortage keep rolling on, does anyone think it would be worth giving Byrne a start in the New Year derby?

His loan presumably expires on the 1st so we could just get him back at East Mains immediately after East Fife's last game of the year.

It's worth a try.

WindyMiller
04-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Should Duffy/Trakys continue to have injury problems and our striker shortage keep rolling on, does anyone think it would be worth giving Byrne a start in the New Year derby?

His loan presumably expires on the 1st so we could just get him back at East Mains immediately after East Fife's last game of the year.

It's worth a try.

He trains at EM every week.

oconnors_strip
04-12-2010, 11:02 PM

It's worth a try.

kurtis trains with hibs 4/5days a week so he wont be "coming back", he just wont be training 2 evenings a week and playing every saturday with east fife from 1st january.

personally i wouldnt start KB but i would have him on the bench.

Stantons Angel
05-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Kurtis is a Hibs player although under contract to East Fife till end of December.

It seems logical then he should be reinstated to the first team pool, were in my opinion he should still be. This shortage of strikers has shown up a weak spot in our large squad of players. We need ALL our strikers fit and ready to play. He wont get any experience of premier league unless he is playing in it.

Its a gamble, but he is a goal scorer in all the leagues he has played in albeit lower league and we need a goal scorer NOW! The only thing with throwing him in would be the morons of the boo brigade if he should falter. He is still a young lad and my God if they were on his back as they have been others, his confidence would be wrecked!!

Kurtis would not shrink from the responsibility of playing in the first team all he needs is a chance. Handled the right way im sure he will grow into a good player for Hibs.

If he gets a chance then PLEASE give him a chance to show what he can do!:agree:

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Has he been playing well at east fife?

TowerHibs
05-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Kurtis is a Hibs player although under contract to East Fife till end of December.

It seems logical then he should be reinstated to the first team pool, were in my opinion he should still be. This shortage of strikers has shown up a weak spot in our large squad of players. We need ALL our strikers fit and ready to play. He wont get any experience of premier league unless he is playing in it.

Its a gamble, but he is a goal scorer in all the leagues he has played in albeit lower league and we need a goal scorer NOW! The only thing with throwing him in would be the morons of the boo brigade if he should falter. He is still a young lad and my God if they were on his back as they have been others, his confidence would be wrecked!!

Kurtis would not shrink from the responsibility of playing in the first team all he needs is a chance. Handled the right way im sure he will grow into a good player for Hibs.

If he gets a chance then PLEASE give him a chance to show what he can do!:agree:

i disagree....i think the fans would be much more supportive to a young lad who will burst a gut. I don't see why we don't get rid of most of the dross in the team and play the young boys, i think the crowd would get behind them much more than the current imposters

Barney McGrew
05-12-2010, 11:59 AM

He's seems to be doing OK reading their match reports. He's scored seven or eight so far this term I think.

Whether he can make the transition from second division to SPL is the question. Personally I wouldn't be wanting to pin my hopes on it, I'd much rather we brought in someone experienced right at the start of the window and used Kurtis off the bench.

CC will see him at EM in training anyway, so he'll be in the best position to judge whether he's ready or not.

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2010, 12:53 PM
He's seems to be doing OK reading their match reports. He's scored seven or eight so far this term I think.

Whether he can make the transition from second division to SPL is the question. Personally I wouldn't be wanting to pin my hopes on it, I'd much rather we brought in someone experienced right at the start of the window and used Kurtis off the bench.

CC will see him at EM in training anyway, so he'll be in the best position to judge whether he's ready or not.

:agree:

jdships
05-12-2010, 02:09 PM

:top marks
Totally agree with you

ekhibee
05-12-2010, 04:37 PM

Totally agree with all you say SA. Of course he should be given a chance. Although it is certainly not his fault, Duffy,at the moment anyway, is looking like a complete waste of time, and who knows might never play a game for Hibs before he goes back down south. Trakys is alright, no more than that, but at the moment offers more than Nish. I remember seeing Byrne playing for the under-19's a couple of times, and along with Wotherspoon looked a player of real potential. Why not give him a chance, this would be a great opportunity for him on a big stage.

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Totally agree with all you say SA. Of course he should be given a chance. Although it is certainly not his fault, Duffy,at the moment anyway, is looking like a complete waste of time, and who knows might never play a game for Hibs before he goes back down south. Trakys is alright, no more than that, but at the moment offers more than Nish. I remember seeing Byrne playing for the under-19's a couple of times, and along with Wotherspoon looked a player of real potential. Why not give him a chance, this would be a great opportunity for him on a big stage.

Why would Duffy be going back south?:confused:

BEEJ
05-12-2010, 05:25 PM
He's only on loan from Bristol Rovers.

Jones28
05-12-2010, 05:25 PM

He's on loan from Bristol Rovers and the deal expires in January

Andy74
05-12-2010, 05:29 PM

I don't think it does.

BEEJ
05-12-2010, 05:30 PM
No the loan deal expires in May / June.

I think ekhibee was being very pessimistic about the time it will take for Duffy's injury to clear up.

That's 13 weeks now, though - certainly frustrating for all concerned.

scoopyboy
05-12-2010, 05:38 PM

He's on loan for the whole season, by the time his loan expires his Bristol Rovers contract will also be up.

Chances are he will look for a club up here.

Aldo
05-12-2010, 06:11 PM

BH

my next door neighbour is the offical photographer for EF and he says that Byrne is head and shoulders above the rest. gives them more options etc...scored 8 or so goals IIRC.

If we get our injuries sorted and a CF in the Jan window then I personall think Byrne should stay at EF for the rest of the season...playing every week would make him a better player IMHO.

GreenCastle
05-12-2010, 06:29 PM
i disagree....i think the fans would be much more supportive to a young lad who will burst a gut. I don't see why we don't get rid of most of the dross in the team and play the young boys, i think the crowd would get behind them much more than the current imposters

Agreed - happened with Brown, Whittacker and co.

Least they would be real hungry to impress :agree:

ekhibee
05-12-2010, 06:33 PM
I should have emphasized that obviously if Duffy returns before then he should be given a chance. But I am a bit confused about the terms of his loan deal-I also thought his loan deal expired in January.