PDA

View Full Version : Pools Panel

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2010, 05:08 PM
On the pools panel Hibs were awarded a home win, whilst the yams were beaten so to speak.....

What exactly is the point of a pools panel, as the games have to occur anyway, and I can't get my head around some guys in an office saying home win, or even a no score draw was mentioned?

scoopyboy
04-12-2010, 05:21 PM
On the pools panel Hibs were awarded a home win, whilst the yams were beaten so to speak.....

What exactly is the point of a pools panel, as the games have to occur anyway, and I can't get my head around some guys in an office saying home win, or even a no score draw was mentioned?

An old badger like me can remember the days before the pools panel and the pools was huge in em pre lottery and fixed odds days.

Some weeks you maybe had 45 or 50 of the games postponed.

To make it a better bet the PP was introduced, you could hardly wait weeks or months for the games to be played.

It was and probably still is a bit off a con, there was never going to be a lot of score draws predicted by the panel as Littlewoods always wanted millionaire pay outs.

My parents used to let me have a bet on Littlewoods and I always used to go for the four aways. If the pp was in operation they always threw a few wobblers in to defeat entries in the 8 homes as well as the 4 aways.

nonshinyfinish
04-12-2010, 05:34 PM

Is it no for the pools? Clue's in the question, really. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2010, 05:54 PM
An old badger like me can remember the days before the pools panel and the pools was huge in em pre lottery and fixed odds days.

Some weeks you maybe had 45 or 50 of the games postponed.

To make it a better bet the PP was introduced, you could hardly wait weeks or months for the games to be played.

It was and probably still is a bit off a con, there was never going to be a lot of score draws predicted by the panel as Littlewoods always wanted millionaire pay outs.

My parents used to let me have a bet on Littlewoods and I always used to go for the four aways. If the pp was in operation they always threw a few wobblers in to defeat entries in the 8 homes as well as the 4 aways.

Cheers Jock.....

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Is it no for the pools? Clue's in the question, really. :greengrin

Aye I know its for the pools, but Jock has explained it in laymans terms for me (although I am still not really any the wiser):wink:

scoopyboy
04-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Aye I know its for the pools, but Jock has explained it in laymans terms for me (although I am still not really any the wiser):wink:

The innocence of youth mate.

lapsedhibee
04-12-2010, 07:52 PM

:tsk tsk: Shirley can't have been a con when an upstanding goalie like Ronnie Simpson was on it!

greenginger
04-12-2010, 08:14 PM
How did ra Celtc get on ?

If they did'nt get a win will Reid demand an inquiry, will sackings be demanded, will it be due to anti-catholic bigotry.

:grr:

scoopyboy
04-12-2010, 08:35 PM
How did ra Celtc get on ?

If they did'nt get a win will Reid demand an inquiry, will sackings be demanded, will it be due to anti-catholic bigotry.

:grr:

They won 3-0, got 5 penalties and two Aberdeen players were sent off. That should keep them quiet for a while but I heard they were unhappy that Rangers were awarded a win.