Wotherspiniesta
04-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Does anybody find him funny?

Removed
04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
I don't but some will

Twiglet
04-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Nope, and the more time goes on I find it harder to see how he is funny as I try in vain to see past his ego to him.

Not a fan.

HibeeMcGinn1
04-12-2010, 01:54 PM

I didnt but over the last month with my Karl Pilkinton facination I do now.

Jim44
04-12-2010, 02:02 PM
I think he was brilliant in The Office and good in Extras. Strangely 'tho, he doesn't come across well in real life and I don't like him as a stand-up comedian.

Danderhall Hibs
04-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I think he was brilliant in The Office and good in Extras. Strangely 'tho, he doesn't come across well in real life and I don't like him as a stand-up comedian.

:agree: His stand-up is just ok - it doesn't seem as natural as "real" stand-up comedians.

Hibs Class
04-12-2010, 02:54 PM
I've seen him live and he was okay but nowhere near the best I've seen. He was just a pain in the **** in An Idiot Abroad with an irritating laugh that now just sounds forced. Enjoyed the stuff he did with The Simpsons as well as the Office and Extras though.

Hiber-nation
04-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Probably the unfunniest "comedian" ever. Although there are a few out there running him close.

CB_NO3
04-12-2010, 03:40 PM
His stand up stuff aint nothing special. I think The Office is genius. I could watch it over and over, its not laugh out loud comedy as in cracking jokes, its the awkward moments and facial expressions that get me. Extras is good aswell. Darren his agent is funny.

nonshinyfinish
04-12-2010, 04:50 PM
In the Office and Extras - yes.

In the small amount of his stand-up that I've seen, and assorted TV appearances - no.

Not seen An Idiot Abroad.

Dunbar Hibee
04-12-2010, 05:59 PM
He is hilarious IMO, always get a good laugh out of Ricky :greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
04-12-2010, 07:43 PM
He is hilarious IMO, always get a good laugh out of Ricky :greengrin

Apart from maybe Night at the Museum and Night at the Museum 2.

LancashireHibby
04-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Great in The Office, but his ego pretty much means everything else is terrible. He's so far up his own arse that he can see out of the other side.

matty_f
05-12-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm a big fan, really liked his first two stand up shows but was less taken by fame. Haven't seen science yet.
Thought the office was the best comedy series I'd ever seen, extras was brilliant too.

Pretty Boy
05-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Was excellent in The Office, a brilliantly written show that helped build on and develop the social embarassment comedy genre that i personally love and has been taken even further by shows such as Curb Your Enthusiasm and Arrested Development.

As a stand up he's ok. Mildly amusing and has his moments but not a natural stand up and it all seems a bit staged.

As an aside am i the only person in Britain that doesn't find Frankie Boyle funny? I don't find him offensive before anyone says anything to that effect, i just don't think he's very funny or a particularly good stand up.

Wotherspiniesta
06-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Was excellent in The Office, a brilliantly written show that helped build on and develop the social embarassment comedy genre that i personally love and has been taken even further by shows such as Curb Your Enthusiasm and Arrested Development.

As a stand up he's ok. Mildly amusing and has his moments but not a natural stand up and it all seems a bit staged.

As an aside am i the only person in Britain that doesn't find Frankie Boyle funny? I don't find him offensive before anyone says anything to that effect, i just don't think he's very funny or a particularly good stand up.

So, you dont find Frankie Boyle funny, but you find Ricky Gervais funny?

THATS funny :greengrin

Pretty Boy
06-12-2010, 06:13 PM
So, you dont find Frankie Boyle funny, but you find Ricky Gervais funny?

THATS funny :greengrin

I found The Office funny, that's hardly an exclusive club. I think Gervais is a more talented writer than he is a stand up, i wouldn't imagine this is a particularly radical opinion either.

Personally i don't rate Gervais or Boyle as stand ups.

cocopops1875
07-12-2010, 03:44 PM
i find him funny and it seems that im in the minority when i say i like him more actually being interviewed just think he is a funny guy. Not so keen on the stand up but with the huge money on offer from dvd sales (where even an average stand up can become a millionare) he would be daft not to do them, dont really see where the ego issues come from i always take the grammys " its ok winning 1 but you really need 2 bookends" stuff as tongue n cheek :thumbsup:

Alec Splode
10-12-2010, 06:45 PM

He's a funny writer.
As good as Steven Merchant.

stoneyburn hibs
10-12-2010, 07:21 PM
cant stick the man, idiot abroad imo is so staged, cant believe people could be sucked in by this

Groathillgrump
14-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Probably the unfunniest "comedian" ever.

I'll second that. :agree: