PDA

View Full Version : NHC Kenny Miller to AC Miiiiiiiiilan

Frazerbob
04-12-2010, 11:19 AM
http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/AC-Milan-want-Rangers-striker-Kenny-Miller-/12416/

Replacement for Inzaghi!

.Sean.
04-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Pish.

MWHIBBIES
04-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Trust me this is pish.

Frazerbob
04-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Trust me this is pish.

Trust me, I think we all know it's pish.

Hibercelona
04-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Gonne stop saying p!sh. :wink:

It does reek of something aweful though. :agree:

hibby67
04-12-2010, 12:22 PM
great move for Milan.....................:faf::faf:

CRAZYHIBBY
04-12-2010, 12:59 PM
im amazed that the hulk is only at number 3

skyehibee
04-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Absolute Jarko Wiss

hibby67
04-12-2010, 01:21 PM
im amazed that the hulk is only at number 3

i bet he is green was envy at the two above him........:greengrin

Future17
04-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Pish.

Trust me this is pish.

Trust me, I think we all know it's pish.

Gonne stop saying p!sh. :wink:

It does reek of something aweful though. :agree:

Absolute Jarko Wiss

I wouldn't be too sure.

soupy
04-12-2010, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't be too sure.

NO CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

down-the-slope
04-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Miller ahead of Ronaldo in that table:faf:

vla_di_vla
04-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Miller ahead of Ronaldo in that table:faf:

i though i heard the commentator mention Miller to AC during the milan Brescia game.I put it down to me drinking on an empty stomach

jackhfc
04-12-2010, 08:59 PM
IF this were to be true, a bid of 2 million euros would NEVER be accepted by Rangers :bye:

KeithTheHibby
04-12-2010, 09:06 PM
IF this were to be true, a bid of 2 million euros would NEVER be accepted by Rangers :bye:

He is out of contract remember so the huns would bit their hand off for that amount.
I would personally like to see the back of him in Scotland, he has a canny habit of scoring against us...

jane_says
04-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Noticed on the same page that apparentely samaras is in talks with spurs :faf:
i wonder if they just pick random names and random clubs and link them.

keep the faith
04-12-2010, 09:11 PM

I an pretty sure miller has done well for Scotland in games against Italy, so his rep there will be not too bad. They may well look at him as a decent short term signing.

With miller out contract in the summer the huns would definately take 2 mil.

I'm not sure this story is as pish as some are saying...

johnrebus
04-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Its a typing error.

Should read AC Milanda.

They're a Pan Bread tribute team.......,

:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
04-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Its a typing error.

Should read AC Milanda.

They're a Pan Bread tribute team.......,

:greengrin

That would be a slice of luck for him.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-12-2010, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't be too sure.

:agree: Not sure what the derision is all about. With his pace, Miller fits the definition of an Italian 2nd Striker. All he needs to do is give the ball to Ibra, Ronny or Robhino.

Mibbes Aye
04-12-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm curious about this. Anyone who has an opinion, please voice it.

Kenny Miller is an ex-Hibs player. As a player for us I thought he had some talent but was a bit frustrated because I didn't think we saw the best of it, or even near the best of it. I never got the same excitement that you get from a Riordan. In fact Kevin Harper was a more exciting product of the youth system IMO, just because he had more vitality. Nevertheless, Miller obviously had something, and had a potential to develop.

Some players leave us and they still command the utmost respect, regardless of how their career pans out.

KM seems to attract no end of stick from some on here though. Why is that? He's had a better career than most who leave us yet he attracts some level of criticism.

He would walk back into our side if we're being honest, so it's surely not about ability. He is capable of scoring some very decent goals. Is it as simple as his OF flitting? Is it what he's been asked to do for the national team?

leithsansiro
04-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Hmm, wonder what Milan want him for?

Target practice?
To fetch the balls and bibs during training?
Because they need to make a tax deductible donation to a charity organisation?

LamontHFC©
04-12-2010, 11:13 PM

Kenny Miller is an ex-Hibs player. As a player for us I thought he had some talent but was a bit frustrated because I didn't think we saw the best of it, or even near the best of it. I never got the same excitement that you get from a Riordan. In fact Kevin Harper was a more exciting product of the youth system IMO, just because he had more vitality. Nevertheless, Miller obviously had something, and had a potential to develop.

Some players leave us and they still command the utmost respect, regardless of how their career pans out.

KM seems to attract no end of stick from some on here though. Why is that? He's had a better career than most who leave us yet he attracts some level of criticism.

He would walk back into our side if we're being honest, so it's surely not about ability. He is capable of scoring some very decent goals. Is it as simple as his OF flitting? Is it what he's been asked to do for the national team?

Maybe 'cos he is the most frustrating player? He scores barrels of goals, including time and again against us, but then when he gets a simple 1-1 for Scotland, he misses. He cannot score when he pulls on that dark blue jersey to save his life.

Maybe that is why alot of people have such resentment for Kenny Miller. I know it's why I do.

Wilson
05-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Maybe 'cos he is the most frustrating player? He scores barrels of goals, including time and again against us, but then when he gets a simple 1-1 for Scotland, he misses. He cannot score when he pulls on that dark blue jersey to save his life.

Maybe that is why alot of people have such resentment for Kenny Miller. I know it's why I do.

Aye but so many on here claim not to give a stuff about the national team - yet the resentment for Kenny Miller is still there.

It is not about his performances for Scotland IMO.

Hamish
05-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Think he will end his playing days at ER. Sure I read somewhere that if he has a choice that's what he would want to do. Not saying this will be his next move though

Wilson
05-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Think he will end his playing days at ER. Sure I read somewhere that if he has a choice that's what he would want to do. Not saying this will be his next move though

Perhaps not if it is between us and AC Milan. Wages might be a stumbling block :greengrin

Hamish
05-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Mabe Miller could go to Milan, we get Ibrahimovich on loan and we start booing him in practice for when Miller comes back to ER:dunno:

Hibbyradge
05-12-2010, 08:57 AM

We're a funny bunch, Scottish football fans.

For some reason, we think that everyone who plays in our league is pish.

Is it a self esteem issue?

hibeeleicester
05-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Kenny has always said he would like to end his career at hibs.

johnrebus
05-12-2010, 09:06 AM

No, no.

I think someone always said they wanted to see his career ended, at Hibs....,

:wink:

Toaods
05-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Probably nonsense but hope it's true. About time someone from Scotland made good overseas in a decent league.

Lofarl
05-12-2010, 11:49 AM
He is a money grabbing wee scrote of a man. What kind of person would not only play for the OF once but twice for one team and two times for another.

Thecat23
05-12-2010, 11:57 AM

Actually mate that's true, He has always told me he wants to finish his career at Hibs. I text Kenny yesterday and asked about this AC Millan story, his response was..."HAHAHA were did you hear that" When i told him to check the bbc football rumours he said as much as he would love that to be the case he's never heard or thinks that would be true. I also then tried to tell him to get looking into it as i want a holiday to Italy :greengrin

marinello59
05-12-2010, 12:01 PM
He is a money grabbing wee scrote of a man. What kind of person would not only play for the OF once but twice for one team and two times for another.

One savvy enough to maximise the earning potential of the talent he has maybe? Wouldn't you do the same in your chosen career?

Lofarl
05-12-2010, 12:03 PM
How much money is enough?

Judas Iscariot
05-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Actually mate that's true, He has always told me he wants to finish his career at Hibs. I text Kenny yesterday and asked about this AC Millan story, his response was..."HAHAHA were did you hear that" When i told him to check the bbc football rumours he said as much as he would love that to be the case he's never heard or thinks that would be true. I also then tried to tell him to get looking into it as i want a holiday to Italy :greengrin

Thought he was signing for Newcastle?

marinello59
05-12-2010, 12:10 PM

That depends on an individuals own needs and aspirations surely?
How about answering my question. Wouldn't you maximise your own earning potential?

PeterboroHibee
05-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Im not the biggest fan of Miller, hes terrible for Scotland and so often all the good work he does do is undone by a terrible decision in front of goal.

And while I cant see this move happening, why would people have a problem with it? All this talk about how much money does he need, well so what, hes 30 and AC Milan are interested in him, he would be mad to turn it down!

With all their attacking options though, even with Inzaghi injured, Im not really sure why Miller is being looked at? They seem to struggle to fit everyone into a starting line up as it is without bringing in more players.

Thecat23
05-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Thought he was signing for Newcastle?

Was meant to be West Brom not Newcastle mate and the deal was just about done till Rangers pulled the plug.

.Sean.
05-12-2010, 12:21 PM
How arrogant must he be with all this 'aye, i'll see out my days and fill my pockets at Hibs' bull*****. **** off Miller.

Thecat23
05-12-2010, 12:24 PM

Enough to live out the rest of his days knowing his family won't need for anything and give them the best start in life. I don't get people like you! You slate a player for choosing to go to a bigger club and to earn more. If my work said another company wants me for 4 times what i earn now and the work would be better i wouldn't say no.

The_Horde
05-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Replacement for inzaghi?

Have they never heard of Colin Nish?

.Sean.
05-12-2010, 12:34 PM
;2654881']Replacement for inzaghi?
Have they never heard of Colin Nish?
Here we go again...

ScottB
05-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Christ, there's what, 2 threads for the Nish bashers on the go already. Go and keep that patter to there instead of every bloody thread on the board!

Hibbyradge
05-12-2010, 06:41 PM

Who did he play for twice and who did he play for two times?

I think we should be told! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
05-12-2010, 06:43 PM
He is a money grabbing wee scrote of a man.

Unlike who?

Lofarl
05-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Who did he play for twice and who did he play for two times?

I think we should be told! :greengrin

Got that mixed up and I mean he played two different spells for rangers and one spell for Celtic.

Now as regards to general scrotiness I refer you to his goal celebration against us during the first home match of the season, plus his general fannyness. See his other poncy goal celebrations for more evidence of said acts of scroteness.

Now onto the money grabbing. Ok fair enough its all down to the individual. But you could argue the case that the wage difference he would command between clubs probably would not differ so much.

After all say you were playing for hibs making 2k per week, would you rush over to tynie to make 2.3k a week and start kissing the Jambo badge? Thought not. Miller would I bet.

Sure its all down to each and every person about how they acculate wealth. Some footballers are all about the money Miller, Tevez etc yet some, even the rich ones do something like this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8687672.stm

Hibbyradge
05-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Got that mixed up and I mean he played two different spells for rangers and one spell for Celtic.

Now as regards to general scrotiness I refer you to his goal celebration against us during the first home match of the season, plus his general fannyness. See his other poncy goal celebrations for more evidence of said acts of scroteness.

:faf: :thumbsup:

Now onto the money grabbing. Ok fair enough its all down to the individual. But you could argue the case that the wage difference he would command between clubs probably would not differ so much.

After all say you were playing for hibs making 2k per week, would you rush over to tynie to make 2.3k a week and start kissing the Jambo badge? Thought not. Miller would I bet.

Sure its all down to each and every person about how they acculate wealth. Some footballers are all about the money Miller, Tevez etc yet some, even the rich ones do something like this.

You bet? :hmmm:

Did he actually leave one of the uglies to play for another?

I think it's great that he treats them both in the same way he treated Hibs, Derby and Wolves.

Just potential employers.

Diclonius
05-12-2010, 07:32 PM

When has he said that? :confused: He's not even a Hibs fan as far as I know.

Thecat23
05-12-2010, 07:33 PM
:faf: :thumbsup:

You bet? :hmmm:

Did he actually leave one of the uglies to play for another?

I think it's great that he treats them both in the same way he treated Hibs, Derby and Wolves.

Just potential employers.

Pretty much spot on.. All Kenny done was get the most from the game and fair play to him.

hibsbollah
05-12-2010, 07:35 PM

Its an interesting question:agree: I remember thinking he was destined for great things when he was here and liking him a lot, a goal and a great performance in a 2-2 draw with the hun at ER springs to mind. He had pace, skill and if made some bad decisions sometimes and got bullied off the ball a bit, I thought these things would improve with experience.

Since he left he seems a different player-he bulked up, lost some of his pace, but seemed to develop loads of stamina and just chases lost causes all day. Thats how he gets most of his goals-staying the course for 90 minutes and taking up good positions. Its not the beautiful game though.

Thecat23
05-12-2010, 07:40 PM

Kenny had a couple of mates in the East that day and that's what the celebration was for. Not because he hates Hibs and wanted to get a reaction. End of the day you have your opinion of him and its fair enough. But he's not anywhere near the guy you seem to think he is.

Thecat23
05-12-2010, 07:43 PM
When has he said that? :confused: He's not even a Hibs fan as far as I know.

No idea if he's said it to the press but he has to me and other of his friends. You're right he's not a Hibs fan but he's not a hun either. Kenny was brought up not really supporting anyone as he always played on a sat himself.

PeterboroHibee
05-12-2010, 07:51 PM

That works out at around an extra £15k a year. Would you not leave your job for that cause Im sure I, along with a lot of other people would.

Your talking nonsense anyway, if this is indeed true, its AC Milan ffs! Its not like he would be going to play in some rubbish league, where it would just be a case of picking up a fee every week, he would be playing for one of the top clubs in a much, much better league than the SPL and getting Champions league football.

I really dont see what the problem is with trying to make as much money as possible out of whats a fairly short career. I do feel slightly different about it when a player isnt interested in playing, but Miller has never struck me as that sort of player :confused:.

Thecat23
05-12-2010, 07:59 PM
That works out at around an extra £15k a year. Would you not leave your job for that cause Im sure I, along with a lot of other people would.

Your talking nonsense anyway, if this is indeed true, its AC Milan ffs! Its not like he would be going to play in some rubbish league, where it would just be a case of picking up a fee every week, he would be playing for one of the top clubs in a much, much better league than the SPL and getting Champions league football.

I really dont see what the problem is with trying to make as much money as possible out of whats a fairly short career. I do feel slightly different about it when a player isnt interested in playing, but Miller has never struck me as that sort of player :confused:.

:top marks

Lofarl
05-12-2010, 08:02 PM

Well we can agree to disagree on that. I would not play for them if I was making 100k a year just to boost my wages by 15k and be known as a sell out. Not implying that you are, I just dont place wealth as a primary goal in life.

Hibbyradge
05-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Well we can agree to disagree on that. I would not play for them if I was making 100k a year just to boost my wages by 15k and be known as a sell out. Not implying that you are, I just dont place wealth as a primary goal in life.

Who did this?

You're accusing Miller of something you just made up!

Lofarl
05-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Whit? No im not.

Hibbyradge
05-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Whit? No im not.

You're suggesting he hoored himself club to club for a few extra quid.

You don't have any idea of what went on.

stoneyburn hibs
05-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Pretty much spot on.. All Kenny done was get the most from the game and fair play to him.

:agree:and i would welcome him back to ER with open arms, even if it was 2 or 3 years from now, yes he has never been the best finisher, but the guy puts in one hell of a shift, and imo a good professional , right now we could do with a few of our current players having the same work rate.

PeterboroHibee
05-12-2010, 09:24 PM

Its a job though. As supporters its easy to say you wouldnt play for X club, but as an actual player, who have fairly short careers, why not make as much money as you can :confused:? They are still people, a lot of them will have families to support etc.

Im also not sure what youre basing it on that Miller is only in it for the money?

Future17
05-12-2010, 11:03 PM
With all their attacking options though, even with Inzaghi injured, Im not really sure why Miller is being looked at? They seem to struggle to fit everyone into a starting line up as it is without bringing in more players.

Milan tend to spend a lot of time in possession in and around the opposition's box and, with Inzaghi now injured, there is no striker who can play the poacher role.

Similar to what he does at Rangers, Miller would get in behind defences and get to balls into the box before defenders.

Inzaghi splits opinion amongst AC fans but the majority consider him to be a great striker. He was never blessed with great pace and isn't considered to be a world class finisher but has always scored goals. It's accepted that, when Milan are dominating a game, Inzaghi would get caught offside 5 times, but would get thru 2 or 3 times and score 1 or 2 goals.

I don't think Miller would be as good as Inzaghi in this role, but there are very few players who would be. I think Miller would do very well at Milan.

hibeeleicester
05-12-2010, 11:09 PM

:thumbsup:
:thumbsup: How do you know him, Are you a Musselburgh man? :greengrin

hibeeleicester
05-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Kenny has never supported anyone aswell, he possibly followed celtics results on SSN after his games but thats about it. He grew a strong affection for hibs while he was here.

Phil MaGlass
06-12-2010, 09:53 AM
If true, good luck tae the guy.
Atleast scottish fitba isnt being overlooked, more and more Scots in England now.
Who says our league is pi5h?? Mind you its mibbe pi5h cos our best players are leaving for england

Thecat23
06-12-2010, 12:32 PM
:thumbsup:
:thumbsup: How do you know him, Are you a Musselburgh man? :greengrin

I'm not from musselburgh bud, I met Kenny at 16 through a friend, and became good friends with him not long before he broke into the Hibs team. Kenny is a great lad always has been, and the stick he gets on here i don't think is deserved at all.

Do you know him yourself?

davemcbain
06-12-2010, 12:44 PM
I spoke to Kenny in a pub shortly after he moved to Rangers (the first time). He's a great bloke, didn't have a bad word to say about Hibs - very opposite in fact.

Given the amounts the old firm were paying at the time, most of us would have taken the move he did (and I suspect thought about it for a lot less time than he did).

Always have had a lot of respect for the guy and would welcome him back to ER - even though, then as now, he's as frustrating as hell to watch. He always gives 100% for any club - and I'd take that far sooner than watch some of the wage thieves I've seen over the years.

Can't see the Milan move, but wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Hibs in the summer.

.Sean.
06-12-2010, 01:31 PM
I spoke to Kenny in a pub shortly after he moved to Rangers (the first time). He's a great bloke, didn't have a bad word to say about Hibs - very opposite in fact.

Given the amounts the old firm were paying at the time, most of us would have taken the move he did (and I suspect thought about it for a lot less time than he did).

Always have had a lot of respect for the guy and would welcome him back to ER - even though, then as now, he's as frustrating as hell to watch. He always gives 100% for any club - and I'd take that far sooner than watch some of the wage thieves I've seen over the years.

Can't see the Milan move, but wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Hibs in the summer.
:crazy:

:rotflmao:

hibeeleicester
06-12-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm not from musselburgh bud, I met Kenny at 16 through a friend, and became good friends with him not long before he broke into the Hibs team. Kenny is a great lad always has been, and the stick he gets on here i don't think is deserved at all.

Do you know him yourself?

Ive met him several times, he's a good friend of my Auntie and Uncle and others. He was a regular down eskmills bowling club :wink:

Thecat23
06-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Ive met him several times, he's a good friend of my Auntie and Uncle and others. He was a regular down eskmills bowling club :wink:

Thats right along with his dad and brother. My mate played there and that's how i met him.

hibeeleicester
06-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Thats right along with his dad and brother. My mate played there and that's how i met him.

Well my auntie and uncle went to school with him, my auntie and her family were also regulars down eskmills. Your mate probably knows them!

Sorry for the thread hijack :greengrin