PDA

View Full Version : Question What's the weather like?

Moulin Yarns
03-12-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm in Noo Yoik, and have been getting reports of a few snaw flakes back home. Due back Sunday morning, iis it worth coming back? :greengrin: Will check tomorrow for replies

Stantons Angel
03-12-2010, 08:13 PM
the snaw is around 2ft deep in places in edinburgh, airport has been closed off and on all week and the M8 at Harthill has been closed too. -15 last night too.
All scottish football games cancelled.

The trains in and out of Edinburgh were cancelled to day other than one to london and half hourly to glasgow.

Welcome home if you can get here!!!!

H18sry
03-12-2010, 08:59 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11901718 see for yourself :wink:

jgl07
04-12-2010, 01:42 AM
the snaw is around 2ft deep in places in edinburgh, airport has been closed off and on all week and the M8 at Harthill has been closed too. -15 last night too.
All scottish football games cancelled.

The trains in and out of Edinburgh were cancelled to day other than one to london and half hourly to glasgow.

Half hourly to Glasgow? You must be joking.

I went to Haymarket at 9.00am this morning and they wouldn't even sell me a ticket. You had to get tickets on the train (if you could find one). They even opened up their infamous steel barriers.

I think that the staff were fed up of refunding cash to people who had bought tickets only to find out that there were no trains.

They had no idea when or if the next train to Glasgow would arrive. All other services from Haymarket were cancelled.

I trudged away from the station only to see a 900 bus arriving and hopped on and was in Glasgow by 10.00 am.

The supermarkets are empty and bread is difficult to obtain in Edinburgh.

We will expect food parcels!

Diclonius
04-12-2010, 01:55 AM
Any chance the buses are getting into Edinburgh? I plan to undertake the megabus from Dundee tomorrow and want to know if it's worth going in for it.

reservoir hibee
04-12-2010, 02:27 AM
its not too bad in auckland...not as gooda s last weekend but the summer is on the way!!! :wink:

LamontHFC©
04-12-2010, 07:16 AM
I'm flying back into Edinburgh on the morning of the 15th of December. Surely the airport will be open and running by then? :pray:

Hibercelona
04-12-2010, 08:08 AM
The situation isn't any better here in Fife. :boo hoo:

Snow coming up to the knees, cars snowed in. Schools shut, so wee bassas everywhere throwing snowballs at cars and windows. :grr: :greengrin

"A canne even make masel a wee slice of toast in the morning". :cool2:

H18sry
04-12-2010, 08:35 AM
My brother is stranded in Lanzarote, he was due home on Thursday on a Ryan air flight but their aircraft are grounded at the moment as they do not have the required amount of anti-freeze available for the planes, earliest he will get home is Monday, if not then Thursday. Mind I could think of worse places to be stranded. :agree:

Sylar
04-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Brace yourselves for a lot more of it, probably end of next week start of the following week.

Jack
04-12-2010, 10:16 AM
A boiling 4.1 here in a very sunny Leith. Main roads are clear, side roads not so good. Pavements treacherous!
I suspect your journey home from the airport, by car - I wouldn't trust anything public to be trustworthy, will a bit of a challenge the closer you get to home.

.Sean.
04-12-2010, 10:23 AM
No snow since Thursday evening here in Haddington.

Both Tesco and Aldi have plenty bread and milk.

Majority of roads clear.

Pavements are pretty awful - The High Street pavements have been cleared a wee bit, but they're still pretty treacherous. Black ice on them last night :bitchy:

Bitterly cold.

Moulin Yarns
04-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Brace yourselves for a lot more of it, probably end of next week start of the following week.

that would be the downpours that soaked us on Wednesday, the day we chose to walk through Central Park.

Moulin Yarns
05-12-2010, 02:14 PM
well, got back on time, then got stuck in Secure Airparks beside the airport. They cleared the road, but left a foot of snow behind the cars :grr: to compound the problem the parking is on large chunky gravel, which was too loose to get any grip, and I ended digging a hole with one of the front wheels. Needed the AA to tow me out. All Secure Airparks did was send a worker with a plastic spade!!! :bitchy:

Snaw looks good, and there seems to be less at home, and the other folks around had got a tractor driver to run round and clear the drives :thumbsup: owe him a pint next time I see him.