PDA

View Full Version : HALF PRICE Ice Hockey offer to Hibs fans!

The_Todd
03-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Sad that Hibs match is off this weekend? Then bring your Hibs (or any other SPL club) season ticket to Murrayfield Ice Rink this weekend for HALF PRICE ENTRY to this weekends matches.

Two home matches this weekend, both against Belfast.

Face off is 6pm at Murrayfield Ice Rink.

http://www.edinburgh-capitals.com/news/detail.php?id=1500

Edinburgh Capitals offer to SPL Football Fans

Edinburgh Capitals are offering a 50% discount to season tickets holders of all SPL teams this weekend. The season ticket holders need to provide proof of their identification and show their season ticket to qualify for the discount.
The Capitals have two home games this weekend against the Belfast Giants with both face offs scheduled for 6pm on Saturday and Sunday.

A Capitals spokesman said, "We would like to encourage as many sports fans to come to the games this weekend and experience the atmosphere of a Capitals v Giants double header. Despite the weather the Giants fans are travelling in numbers and the weekend is always a great spectacle of hockey and a great party for the fans."

"Safety comes first when deciding to travel and we encourage all fans to prepare and look at all options when deciding to come to the games. Local transport, taxi's and the healthy option of walking are all alternatives to perhaps digging the car out of the snow but we are confident it will be worth the effort."
There has been a big effort from Murrayfield Ice Rink staff to ensure the rink and car park is prepared for the weekend and the Capitals look forward to welcoming the Giants, their fans and ex Edinburgh Coach Doug Christiansen to Edinburgh for the games.

Edinburgh Capitals Ice hockey team play in the UK's Top league the Elite Ice Hockey League. Ice hockey is a fast and exciting game with goals hits and action for the full 60 minutes. Split into 3X 20 minute periods where the whistle stops the clock you can expect to spend approximately 90 to 120 minutes watching the hottest game on ice.

Tickets can be purchased on the night of the game at the box office or online at http://edinburgh-capitals.com/shop/catalog.php?category=Tickets (http://edinburgh-capitals.com/shop/catalog.php?category=Tickets)

Gatecrasher
03-12-2010, 12:36 PM
is it cold in the stadium?

The_Todd
03-12-2010, 12:46 PM
There's heating and radiators, but it's can be a bit chilly in there. If you have a jacket on it's not exactly the same as freezing your baws off at a football stadium in winter, mind!

Pheona
03-12-2010, 12:55 PM
is it cold in the stadium?

There's heating and radiators, but it's can be a bit chilly in there. If you have a jacket on it's not exactly the same as freezing your baws off at a football stadium in winter, mind!

and there is always the stovies to keep you warm !

The_Todd
03-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Not only are you getting 50% off with ANY SFL or SPL Season Ticket, everyone who attends gets a free tea or coffee: http://www.edinburgh-capitals.com/news/detail.php?id=1501

I know it's not much, but for a small club like the Capitals it's a nice gesture I think.

Gatecrasher
03-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the responses, Im thinking about it if the weather stays clear

Removed
03-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Me and the bairns might now that Wagner is out :greengrin

Billy
03-12-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm going to make an appearance there this weekend. First games this season.

Pheona
04-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Me and the bairns might now that Wagner is out :greengrin

I think you should - don't see why we should suffer alone....:greengrin

LancashireHibby
04-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Are the Capitals in the same league as Manchester Phoenix? Don't follow hockey anywhere near as intently as I used to when Manc were still the Storm, but it'd make a great double with a Hibs home game if the Phoenix were up there.

The_Todd
04-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Are the Capitals in the same league as Manchester Phoenix? Don't follow hockey anywhere near as intently as I used to when Manc were still the Storm, but it'd make a great double with a Hibs home game if the Phoenix were up there.

No, the Pheonix play in the English Premier League, a seperate entity to the Elite League but considered to the be second tier of UK hockey. Pheonix resigned from the Elite about 2 years ago.

Anyone who missed this missed a thrilling 5-4 overtime win to the Capitals with the lead switching between the two teams a few times. Very tense, and despite the low numbers thanks to the weather a large away crowd made for a great atmosphere.

Same time tomorrow night again at Murrayfield for the second round of this double header!

LancashireHibby
04-12-2010, 08:35 PM
No, the Pheonix play in the English Premier League, a seperate entity to the Elite League but considered to the be second tier of UK hockey. Pheonix resigned from the Elite about 2 years ago.

Had a feeling that was the case but wasn't sure. I'm sure Phoenix will look to be moving back up to the Elite at some point in the future and then my plan can come off!

The_Todd
05-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Remember folks, bring your Hibs season tickets (or any other SPL\SFL Season Ticket) to Murrayfield tonight for half price entry.

Last nights highlights are here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY6ssefUZ8A

Billy
05-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Terrible refereeing tonight. I have just watched the footage and it looks like a dive against Horne :bitchy:

Hibbie_Cameron
05-12-2010, 11:27 PM
What was the score Billy?

I went to a Capitals v Giants match last season and the ref was a disgrace in that one too

Billy
05-12-2010, 11:44 PM
What was the score Billy?

I went to a Capitals v Giants match last season and the ref was a disgrace in that one too

Giants won 2-1 in O/T.

Decent result for the Caps tbh, with 3 League points from the weekend.

Saturday's win over the Giants was also a Cup match as well.

franks
08-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Went to both games last weekend and both were crackers. 2 games for the price of one with my Hibs ST.

Caps have extended the offer this weekend of half price entry with a ST. Hope to travel to Hamilton on saturday but another cheap night for me on Sunday and if the Accies game is off 2 for the price of 1 again.

GGTTH. Go Caps go

The_Todd
08-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Went to both games last weekend and both were crackers. 2 games for the price of one with my Hibs ST.

Caps have extended the offer this weekend of half price entry with a ST. Hope to travel to Hamilton on saturday but another cheap night for me on Sunday and if the Accies game is off 2 for the price of 1 again.

GGTTH. Go Caps go

Indeed they have. They've extended the offer to Edinburgh Rugby ST holders and Edinburgh Speedway ST holders too.

Spread the good word!

PC Stamp
08-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Giants won 2-1 in O/T.

Decent result for the Caps tbh, with 3 League points from the weekend.

Saturday's win over the Giants was also a Cup match as well.

Cup match went down as a draw as the teams were tied 1-1 at the end of the final period and OT doesn't apply to the Cup. The OT period was only relevant to the league game and Caps took the 3 points for that by scoring in OT.

Gatecrasher
16-12-2010, 05:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzad9-Z0oTU&feature=recentf
:top marks

Sylar
20-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Stars rise to 8th in the Elite league after an impressive 5-3 win over the Capitals on Friday :thumbsup: