PDA

View Full Version : Marketing

steviecarnie
03-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Just had a wee look through the hibs christmas catalog that a mate got sent, and I cant help but think as a club Hibs just dont market themselves properly, now i am by no means a marketting exec or even claim to be but the fact im on the list for tickets and still active (i have bought tickets this season.) and didnt receive a catalog, shows me that hibs are propbably missing out on a big part of there fan base. also the fact that even online marketing isnt the best - how many knew the yellow strip was going to be released before it appeared as a a splash page on the official site,

theres just so much more imo the club could be doing to get products that could help the club grow - the full christmas catalog should be available to view online as an ebook with the ability to click on products and buy straight away. Also the club should be spamming the facebook page with offers currently running in the hibs shop or even just a little heads up of the novelty items that are available as stocking fillers.

just a thought and wondered what others thinks?

H18sry
03-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Free postage throughout December :agree:

Keith_M
03-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Just had a wee look through the hibs christmas catalog that a mate got sent, and I cant help but think as a club Hibs just dont market themselves properly, now i am by no means a marketting exec or even claim to be but the fact im on the list for tickets and still active (i have bought tickets this season.) and didnt receive a catalog, shows me that hibs are propbably missing out on a big part of there fan base. also the fact that even online marketing isnt the best - how many knew the yellow strip was going to be released before it appeared as a a splash page on the official site,

theres just so much more imo the club could be doing to get products that could help the club grow - the full christmas catalog should be available to view online as an ebook with the ability to click on products and buy straight away. Also the club should be spamming the facebook page with offers currently running in the hibs shop or even just a little heads up of the novelty items that are available as stocking fillers.

Why don't you suggest that one to the club.

FWIW, I feel it's short sighted to sell official merchandise only through the club. A lot of times when I've been on holiday I buy football related souvenirs. Tourists in Edinburgh must go home thinking Rangers and Celtc are the local clubs (unless they bump into the Hearts shop in SJC).

steviecarnie
03-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Why don't you suggest that one to the club.

FWIW, I feel it's short sighted to sell official merchandise only through the club. A lot of times when I've been on holiday I buy football related souvenirs. Tourists in Edinburgh must go home thinking Rangers and Celtc are the local clubs (unless they bump into the Hearts shop in SJC).

would it be fyfe (sp) i email?

Antifa Hibs
03-12-2010, 11:34 AM
There is an online ecatelogue somewhere online the fishy website. The layout of the official site is generally poor, sometimes hard as **** to find things.

Hibs marketing generally has been poor. Half season tickets, brand new (and quite smart) merch, unless your involved in here or on the bounce you wouldn't know about it.

I can mind Hibs and Hearts used to have regular adverts on Forth One, havn't heard a Hibs one in donkeys. We then had our new strips on billboards and buses, that was about 3-4 years ago. Hibs obvisouly didn't see it worthwhile which I find bizzare as every company is plugging their services and products at this time of year.

Jack
03-12-2010, 12:06 PM

With regard to you not getting a brochure as you're on the database I suspect you, and many others, don’t fit the profile of someone who is most likely to spend money. Very nice for you and 20,000 other folk to get it and look at the pretty pictures but even if the package and posting only came to £2 what is the likelihood of Hibs recouping £40,000 in profit from the exercise? Not much I’d guess which is why you didn’t get one.

Have you signed up for the weekly email? I suspect that will hit a huge numbers of supporters and will cost the club virtually nothing. It has links to the on-line brochure / shop.

The yellow strip could be a cynical ploy. Folk who have already bought a top for someone's Christmas will now be able / need to buy another. If everyone had known about it the they might have held off buying current stock which then would not have been able to be sold.

Hibernian FC do not have a Facebook page. At the fans forums earlier in the year this was discussed and the cost of maintaining a site (staff time) could not be justified. Liverpool was used as an example. They have 2 people on it full time answering questions and making sure there are no malicious postings - which is a big problem.

Ollie75
03-12-2010, 12:11 PM
There is an online ecatelogue somewhere online the fishy website. The layout of the official site is generally poor, sometimes hard as **** to find things.<br />
<br />
Hibs marketing generally has been poor. Half season tickets, brand new (and quite smart) merch, unless your involved in here or on the bounce you wouldn't know about it.<br />
<br />
I can mind Hibs and Hearts used to have regular adverts on Forth One, havn't heard a Hibs one in donkeys. We then had our new strips on billboards and buses, that was about 3-4 years ago. Hibs obvisouly didn't see it worthwhile which I find bizzare as every company is plugging their services and products at this time of year.<br />
<br />

advert been on forth all this week. Heard it so many times whilst stuck in car!! the club can only contact season ticket holders who give the right information. They send out thousands of emails and get loads back as unread, or undelivered. Clubs doing the best it can, though will admit its missing a few opportunities like facebook etc.

Mikey
03-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Quite frankly, if you're having trouble finding stuff that the club is selling, or getting ticket information, then your head is up your own arse.

Wembley67
03-12-2010, 12:25 PM
That's rich.

Antifa Hibs
03-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Quite frankly, if you're having trouble finding stuff that the club is selling, or getting ticket information, then your head is up your own arse.

:rolleyes:

Not talking about you and me, or most on here.

It's christmas. A time where people, aunties and uncles, grannies, mums and dads, people who have zero connection with Hibs buy pressies for friends and family, stuff out the shop, half season tickets. You could go on the Hibs site and not even know half season tickets are on offer. I'd expect there to be a massive banner at the top. Took me a few clicks to find the details under Memberships, then another click to find the prices, should really be one click to get all information on things like that. Although someone did say they have had ads on the radio which I havn't heard so far enough for that...

Keith_M
03-12-2010, 12:51 PM

Did you go to the 'Gerald Ratner School of Business Charm', by any chance?