PDA

View Full Version : The Futures Bright...

ivan03
03-12-2010, 08:36 AM
come January... praying wee ivan can come back to easter road, Zemamma should be back by then, one or two buys or maybe loans from Newcastle, and we're looking decent for the rest of the season!

even just sproule and zemamma... imagine the difference that would make to our team, width, exitement pace, skill... hope it can happen!

Ritchie
03-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Sproule wont be coming back to ER

Judas Iscariot
03-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Sproule wont be coming back to ER

How dyou ken muntin' coopin'?!

Ritchie
03-12-2010, 09:12 AM
How dyou ken muntin' coopin'?!

i dont, its just my opinion.

would be a step backwards for hibs, he's not the player he used to be.

you think otherwise Karaoke Queen??

scott7_0(Prague)
03-12-2010, 09:14 AM
come January... praying wee ivan can come back to easter road, Zemamma should be back by then, one or two buys or maybe loans from Newcastle, and we're looking decent for the rest of the season!

even just sproule and zemamma... imagine the difference that would make to our team, width, exitement pace, skill... hope it can happen!

Never understood the love in with Sproule or in fact with Benji, they were not that great!

Hillsidehibby
03-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Never understood the love in with Sproule or in fact with Benji, they were not that great!

I know what you mean but anyone who comes off the bench at Ibrox and scores a hat trick will always be held in the highest esteem.

McKenzie
03-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Its not that Sproule was a good player, it is that he can lift the crowd and other players with his pace

soproni1
03-12-2010, 10:36 AM

Disagree with that one - as technically gifted a player Ive seen at ER.

Altho Sproule was a tad overrated they both helped put bums on seats (and get them off them too) which is something the current mob are seem to be incapable of doing

Judas Iscariot
03-12-2010, 10:40 AM
i dont, its just my opinion.

would be a step backwards for hibs, he's not the player he used to be.

you think otherwise Karaoke Queen??

"Not the player he used to be!" .. Have you seen a lot of him lately SB?

I think he'd improve on what we have here no?

We have no real pace or width, bar Galbraith who gets played on his weaker side :confused:

Like I said to you regardin Aluko, would Ivan be a better wide midfielder than Stevenson, Rankin, De Graaf or even Galbraith?!

Aye, IMO he would!

So how's that a backward step!?

yekimevol
03-12-2010, 11:22 AM

We have no real pace or width, bar Galbraith who gets played on his weaker side :confused:

Like I said to you regardin Aluko, would Ivan be a better wide midfielder than Stevenson, Rankin, De Graaf or even Galbraith?!

Aye, IMO he would!

:top marks

Jim44
03-12-2010, 11:33 AM
I've already said that Sproule, if he actually did want to return, might be worth a punt. One thing's for sure. If Calderwood did make a move for him his opinion wouldn't be formed by the extremes of nostalgia and rejection associated with Sproule on this board. It would be because he thought he could do a job for us.

Ritchie
03-12-2010, 11:35 AM

Aye, IMO he would!

steven..... shut your stupid face!! :agree:

Judas Iscariot
03-12-2010, 11:53 AM
steven..... shut your stupid face!! :agree:

So...

You agree then :wink:

Dunbar Hibee
03-12-2010, 11:56 AM
How was he overrated:confused: Load of pish imo

Ritchie
03-12-2010, 11:56 AM
So...

You agree then :wink:

to a degree, yes.

BUT..... if he comes back, i have a feeling he will be garbage which might taint his reputation at hibs.

he left us with some excellent memories, lets leave it at that!

Stevie Reid
03-12-2010, 12:02 PM
anyone who comes off the bench at Ibrox and scores a hat trick will always be held in the highest esteem.

Likewise anyone who scores 2 goals in a 5-1 national cup final win.

Cocaine&Caviar
03-12-2010, 12:09 PM
You forgot to mention Duffy, Byrne and Booth, however this is countered by the loss of Grounds.

CapitalHibs
03-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Likewise anyone who scores 2 goals in a 5-1 national cup final win.

:agree:

But for the header that hit the post, it could have been a hat-trick.

Ritchie
03-12-2010, 01:56 PM
You forgot to mention Duffy, Byrne and Booth, however this is countered by the loss of Grounds.

hardly a big loss!

ahibby
03-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Last time I watched Grounds he couldn't make a pass further than six feet. Defends well enough though.

sundo1875
03-12-2010, 03:49 PM
i think sproule would make a difference because he would actually run at players and get to the byline unlike the players we have who just go back the way all of the time Ie Miller, De Graaf

KeithTheHibby
03-12-2010, 03:50 PM

Both would enhance our squad at this moment in time - bad move by Hughes letting Benji go, they must have known that the Tims would be sniffing round Stokes come the summer.

SaulGoodman
03-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Taken from BBC Sport's fan forum:

"Bristol City fan here. I read the same thing, and thought I'd come an look what you guys thought.

He has certainly not lost his pace, he is the fastest person I've ever seen in a Bristol City shirt. The only downside being he has nothing else to his game. No ability to cross or shoot.

On the counter though, the guy is lethal, and has scored a couple when he has just blitzed a speedy smash and sprint round his man. He would make Gareth Bale look silly.

But yeah, no end product."

He still seems to be something we need right now; Pace on the counter. It will be a fresh sight right now to see us running forward on the counter, not running to the half way line and passing it back to the defence again.

Hibercelona
04-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Sproule overrated? :bitchy:

That man can strike fear into any back line IMO. He may not be the complete article, but with such pace, defenders will be forced to pay more attention to him, giving other players more space to work.

ivan03
04-12-2010, 12:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKF4MZWSHG4

just click on the link above... and in the words of Andy Grey... let the pictures do the talking!! :)

ps.. this may bring a tear to the eye!