PDA

View Full Version : BOOOO The New York Giants at your peril!

Jack
02-12-2010, 11:41 AM
After some on here got a bit touchy with the ticking off we got from Ian Murray and CC I saw this.

Just imagine how touchy they would be after this. :faf:

Antrel Rolle doesn’t believe in booing

The Giants entered halftime Sunday against the Jaguars down 17-6, and were serenaded by a predictable chorus of boos at the New Meadowlands Stadium.

Safety Antrel Rolle is new to town and seemed to be taken aback by the response.

“I don’t like it one bit,” Rolle said on WFAN on Tuesday. “We’re not going to always have those dominant, blowout games. We’re not going to win each and every game although we would love to. But through it all, our fans are huge. . . . But at the same time we need them to have confidence as we have confidence in ourselves. The booing, honestly, it pissed me off. That’s something that I haven’t heard since I’ve been here.”

Rolle has stepped into a leadership role quickly in New York, and isn’t afraid to speak his mind.

“You don’t boo your team,” Rolle continued. “I don’t care what happens, you don’t boo your team. That’s my take on it. You don’t boo your team. This is your home team. We’re out there playing, we’re out there pouring our heart out for our fans, you don’t boo your team. I don’t care what the situation is, you don’t boo your team. We’re 7-4. We’re not 2-10, we’re 7-4.”

This is a battle that Rolle won’t win, but he we don’t blame him for being honest. Fans have a right to boo, but we have a right to do a lot of stupid things. The host Joe Benigno tried to explain the the fans did it out of love.

“I’ve never heard booing out of love, I’m sorry,” Rolle said. “I don’t know what booing out of love is. If someone slaps me, I’ve never heard that they slapped me out of love. No, if you slap me you wanted to slap me.”

This much we know: Before Rolle’s run in New York is a wrap, he’s going to get “slapped” many more times. :slipper:

And then I read the comments and thought I was in a parallel universe. Still I suppose it does reinforce one train of thought and that is that booing does adversely affect the team and that we should maybe reserve it for the away teams. :confused:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/30/antrel-rolle-doesnt-believe-in-booing/

Sylar
02-12-2010, 11:46 AM
The New York NFL teams deserve all the booing they get! :thumbsup:

Ringothedog
02-12-2010, 11:53 AM
The New York NFL teams deserve all the booing they get! :thumbsup:

Except the JETS of course!!

NAE NOOKIE
02-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Just proves that booing is a universal language and not just a local Leith dialect.

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
02-12-2010, 12:01 PM
After some on here got a bit touchy with the ticking off we got from Ian Murray and CC I saw this.

Just imagine how touchy they would be after this. :faf:

And then I read the comments and thought I was in a parallel universe. Still I suppose it does reinforce one train of thought and that is that booing does adversely affect the team and that we should maybe reserve it for the away teams. :confused:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/30/antrel-rolle-doesnt-believe-in-booing/

I think a lot depends on the culture as well though. Obviously booing the team isn't the done thing in certain countries.

On the flipside in some parts of continental Europe a team playing poorly would expect to be booed. I can remeber being at a Barca game a few years back when Frank Rijkard was in charge. The season after the Champions Leaue win didn't quite go to plan, beaten by Liverpool in the quarter finals and the next league game was a frankly awful showing against someone whom i can't recall. Anyway with about 20 minutes to go and 0-1 down in Camp Nou the booing started, followed by white hankies being waved in surrender then a mass exodus that saw the crowd drop from about 85 000 to 10 000 in a matter of minutes. These aren't bad supporters as they pay a decent wedge of cash every year to become club members. After the game the manager and players were asked about the fans reactions and pretty much shrugged it off saying they expected it and it was deserved because they had let them down.

ScottB
02-12-2010, 12:20 PM
To an extent I agree with him actually!

If I do think the players are giving it their all and trying their hardest, then I'm not gonna boo. I mean we all know we aren't going to win every game.

However, some of the abject performances we've put in recently did not show that, and that's when I think we fans have the right to express our distaste with the situation.

Sylar
02-12-2010, 12:24 PM

Correct - they deserve booing AND derogatory chants:thumbsup:

It's not been a common sound in New York for a while now, with the Giants going through a very positive period of some success, compared to the consistently poor run of form (:greengrin) of the Jets, who's fans are simply used to pish.

The sounds are indeed delightful though!

.Whitey.
02-12-2010, 12:35 PM
antrell Rolle is a gr8 player, and he is right in what he is saying! The giants are curently sitting tied at the top of their division with the Eagles and still have an exelent chance of making the playoffs. (as a tennessee titan fan, i wish we were in their shoes but sadly that aint the case :boo hoo:)

fans shouldnt boo their player, they should put more pressure on the opposition instead.... Unfortunately booing is part of the modern game and will be around for a long time to come

Toaods
02-12-2010, 06:22 PM
When I was 5, my Dad jumped out of a cupboard wearing a white bedsheet. BOOOOOOOOOOO...........he shouted. well, on my 21st birthday I had to take him aside, reprimand him as it knocked my confidence and stopped me performing my responsibilities as a kid...... ;-)

DH1875
04-12-2010, 12:39 PM

It's not been a common sound in New York for a while now, with the Giants going through a very positive period of some success, compared to the consistently poor run of form (:greengrin) of the Jets, who's fans are simply used to pish.

Ha, Ha. I've said it before, but you really are a funny guy :fibber:. Hope your ready for a can of whoop ass on Monday night :gun:.

Just Jimmy
04-12-2010, 01:03 PM
I don't know. I'm a Giants fan and they have been so hit and miss. Some weeks awesome, others awful. Rolle has been pretty good so far but considering they won the game last weekend you can ask; did the boo's work?

ginger_rice
05-12-2010, 01:19 PM

:flag::flag:

Don't know why but I always look for the Jets results I did get to see them once in the old Shea stadium, I reckon my liking for the Jets is down to their being cronic underachievers who wear green and white.

Hibee Daz
05-12-2010, 02:52 PM
When I was 5, my Dad jumped out of a cupboard wearing a white bedsheet. BOOOOOOOOOOO...........he shouted. well, on my 21st birthday I had to take him aside, reprimand him as it knocked my confidence and stopped me performing my responsibilities as a kid...... ;-)

:faf:

Hibee Daz
05-12-2010, 03:00 PM
To an extent I agree with him actually!

If I do think the players are giving it their all and trying their hardest, then I'm not gonna boo. I mean we all know we aren't going to win every game.

However, some of the abject performances we've put in recently did not show that, and that's when I think we fans have the right to express our distaste with the situation.

Good post dude, that's exactly my take on the subject as well.

If the players are trying there arse's off they will always get the support they deserve, but if they aren't trying a leg to turn bad form around then they have to face the immediate criticism that comes with it, which is fair enough IMO!

Dr_Regal
05-12-2010, 11:39 PM
antrell Rolle is a gr8 player, and he is right in what he is saying! The giants are curently sitting tied at the top of their division with the Eagles and still have an exelent chance of making the playoffs. (as a tennessee titan fan, i wish we were in their shoes but sadly that aint the case :boo hoo:)

fans shouldnt boo their player, they should put more pressure on the opposition instead.... Unfortunately booing is part of the modern game and will be around for a long time to come

A fellow titans/hibs fan wow! I dont suppose your a blackburn fan too?

The Players in Nashville definetly deserved the boo's they recieved today. Cant believe we beat the Giants not so long ago

Jim_in_Canada
06-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Speaking as a Steelers fan - I support booing the Giants at any opportunity !!!:thumbsup:

Speedway
06-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Boooooooo Boooooooo
Boooooooo Boooooooo

When I was five my Daddy took me down to Easter Road
He lifted me up high upon his shoulder
Hibernian!
And he told me when he watched the Hibs he always felt old
And I know what he meant when I got older

Hail or snow or thunderstorms I'd moan
Hi-Bee Hibernian
Hi-Bee Hibernian
Hibernian
Hi-Bee Hibernian
Every week rain or shine, lose or lose or draw
We'd go and see the Hibees capitulate together
Hibernian!
And I cried my eyes out once or twice when we lined up 4-3-3 in the snow
Cos' I wouldnae have played Nish in any weather

Hail or snow or thunderstorms I'd moan
Hi-Bee Hibernian
Hi-Bee Hibernian
Hibernian
Hi-Bee Hibernian
Oh the green and white, the white and green the only team to make my eyes bleed
I've always been a Hibernian moaner
Hibernian!
And I'll take my kids, like my Dad did, to Easter Road one day
To let them feel what's like to have the Hibs bust yer coupon
(Accumulator)

Hail or snow or thunderstorms I'll moan
Hi-Bee Hibernian
Hi-Bee Hibernian
Hibernian
Hi-Bee Hibernian
Hibernian
Hi-Bee Hibernian
Hibernian
Hi-Bee Hibernian
Hibernian
Hi-Bee Hibernian
Hibernian
Hi-Bee Hibernian

ahibby
07-12-2010, 08:47 AM
I don't go in for booing individual Hibs players but collectively when you can see that they haven't been pulling their weight, then I think we should let them know we are unhappy. It doesn't have to be booing but we have the right to ask them what they have been doing all week. I've noticed that when previous managers have been away looking at players say in England or farther afeild the team don't always give it their all in training; rare but it has happened.

Moulin Yarns
07-12-2010, 01:08 PM

Aye, and the Jets play in Green and White too :rolleyes:

GreenCastle
07-12-2010, 01:13 PM
So the Jets get beaten last night...:cool2:

Jim_in_Canada
07-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Not just beaten ..................

Jim