PDA

View Full Version : Richard Gough Slating Scottish Football

supershotmo
02-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Richard Gough was recently slating the state of Scottish Football.

I reckon that we have the most representatives playing in the EPL since the 80's.

So does that mean that English football is getter poorer letting them play there, or are we improving as a nation.

I've counted 16 internationalists and 1 Glasgow born Irishman playing in the EPL just now.

NAE NOOKIE
02-12-2010, 11:52 AM
To be honest I get a bit ( lets face it .. a lot ) fed up of these ex players slagging off Scottish football, and I include the likes of Eddie Turnbull in that.

I watched the Challanger space shuttle disaster on the TV and through my amazing deductive powers was able to work out that something must have been wrong with it, but I didnt say that to anybody coz it would have been stating the bloody obvious.

Everybody and their dug is well aware that at the moment our game is not feeling very well.

Until one of these so called experts comes up with a decent idea for actually helping our game to recover I will treat it as just the pile of counter productive waffle and bloody hot air it is.

:bitchy:

LancashireHibby
02-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Richard Gough was recently slating the state of Scottish Football.

I reckon that we have the most representatives playing in the EPL since the 80's.

So does that mean that English football is getter poorer letting them play there, or are we improving as a nation.

I've counted 16 internationalists and 1 Glasgow born Irishman playing in the EPL just now.

Maybe it's a case of quality, not quantity? Personally, I think it's a case of other countries hugely improving their youth systems etc and Scotland are settling at something of a natural level in keeping with population, investment (or lack of it), etc etc.

Danderhall Hibs
02-12-2010, 12:21 PM
What's his complaint? Does he not think there's enough kids coming through?

johnrebus
02-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I would be upset if Richard Gough said something I agreed with........,

:asshole:

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Scottish football is awful, the quality of footballs bad. The quality of the players are bad, and the standard of most of the teams is poor.:boo hoo:

Cod Boy
02-12-2010, 08:42 PM
it was good enough for gough when he was taking a wage out of scottish football though

heretoday
02-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Gough is absolutely right. Scottish football is awful.

However, we don't like people telling us about our business.

Therefore, eff off Gough. :wink:

AK86
02-12-2010, 10:37 PM
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
whatever do you mean :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
03-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Scottish football is awful, the quality of footballs bad. The quality of the players are bad, and the standard of most of the teams is poor.:boo hoo:

See post #2 on this thread :yawn:

bighairyfaeleith
03-12-2010, 11:24 AM

:hmmm: what could you be suggesting :greengrin

al bundy
03-12-2010, 11:28 AM
don't know if he is the best person to be handing out advice:bye:

hibee-shtuggie
03-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Richard Gough is a Rangers t*at and its his team and that other glesgae mob that are mostly responsible for the state it is in so get knotted :blah: