PDA

View Full Version : Reintroduction of standing petition

SPL STAND UP
01-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Hello users of Hibs.Net. You may remember me on here telling you about my campaign (http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=151038524916484)

For those who joined the group you will be up to date on the latest updates etc however I thought it would be interesting to create a thread to draw attention to our petition which was formed tonight.

You can sign it here and I would urge all football fans who want the CHOICE to stand or sit to sign it then pass it on to their mates.

Together united we can change the 'sit down, shut up' mantra.

Forward to terracing!
Back to terracing!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bringbackstanding/

cabbageandribs1875
01-12-2010, 09:52 PM
you would get a lot more signatures if people didnt have to register a name/password(bottom link)

SPL STAND UP
01-12-2010, 10:36 PM
I wasn't aware that was the case. Do you have any idea how to get rid of that function ?

Saorsa
01-12-2010, 10:44 PM
I wasn't aware that was the case. Do you have any idea how to get rid of that function ?I think it's your link

this link goes the signing page :agree:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bringbackstanding

SPL STAND UP
01-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Thanks alot mate. :thumbsup:

Saorsa
01-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Thanks alot mate. :thumbsup::aok:

and signed :thumbsup:

Big Frank
02-12-2010, 09:55 AM
tried to sign, then it seems to ask me for cash?

Saorsa
02-12-2010, 10:02 AM
tried to sign, then it seems to ask me for cash?Does it not just ask for a donation (after you've submitted)? just close the page. I did, my name still registered on the petition.

.Sean.
02-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Signed.

seanraff07
02-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Signed

RIP
02-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Sorry mate - I don't get it

Singing sections across the UK are permitted to stand. That's been the case for the last 2 months at Easter Road

Is your campaign for non-singers then?

NAE NOOKIE
02-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Aye .... Great when you are 6' tall.

For wee smouts like me I got fed up spending the 70s & 80s missing half of Hibs goals and asking the guys in front of me what was happening.

Though to be fair I wouldnt mind seeing the East or FF made standing for those who want it. Though I dont know if it has been scientifically proved that you can make more noise standing up than you can sitting.

:cool2:

Green_one
02-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Not going to happen but no doubt this will come up again and again.

Even if all the arguements against did not exist, what makes you think the authorities / clubs actually listen to the fans? Unless you are saying 'I will not go until it is standing again'. :confused:

Antifa Hibs
02-12-2010, 12:03 PM

Singing sections across the UK are permitted to stand. That's been the case for the last 2 months at Easter Road

Thats not really the case. You are only allowed to stand for "short periods of time" and "at moments of excitement". Most clubs may turn a blind eye to singing sections as long as the standing is contained one area...

SPL STAND UP
02-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Aye .... Great when you are 6' tall.

For wee smouts like me I got fed up spending the 70s & 80s missing half of Hibs goals and asking the guys in front of me what was happening.

Though to be fair I wouldnt mind seeing the East or FF made standing for those who want it. Though I dont know if it has been scientifically proved that you can make more noise standing up than you can sitting.

:cool2:

If you got fed up then you could of sat in one of the seated areas of the ground. :agree:

It's natural sing while standing. Doesn't matter if it's a church service or a heavy metal gig you stand while you sing.

Not going to happen but no doubt this will come up again and again.

Even if all the arguements against did not exist, what makes you think the authorities / clubs actually listen to the fans? Unless you are saying 'I will not go until it is standing again'. :confused:

I have talked over the phone to Neil Doncaster so obviously the message from fans is getting across.

Time and time again you witness or read stories of fans being chucked out for standing or being told to sit down. So I disagree with that statement.

No it's not.

SPL STAND UP
02-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Nearing the 500 mark. Thanks to all Hibs.net users who have signed and passed it on. I would urge you to sign if you haven't done so already.

McKenzie
02-12-2010, 03:17 PM
a guy was chucked out ipox for standing, maybe that was the weegie police being:grr:

.Sean.
02-12-2010, 03:30 PM

Why are the stewards up and down the staircases every 5 minutes ushering those in the singing section to sit down then :confused:

RIP
02-12-2010, 03:31 PM

Most clubs may turn a blind eye to singing sections as long as the standing is contained one area...

It's natural sing while standing. Doesn't matter if it's a church service or a heavy metal gig you stand while you sing.

Time and time again you witness or read stories of fans being chucked out for standing or being told to sit down.

What I'm saying is that if you are a Hibs supporter and you want to stand and sing - you can. You take a seat in the Singing Section.

When the new East opened the stewards started to ask us to sit down when we stopped singing. Now we sing more or less constantly for 90 minutes and since then we have had no bother at all.

I can't see anything I disagree with in your petition - just pointing out that anyone who wants to stand and sing is already doing so in our Family Home in the East Stand Singing Section

I'm pretty sure that standing and not singing is a complete non-starter - however that may not be what you are proposing mate?

.Sean.
02-12-2010, 03:32 PM
I have talked over the phone to Neil Doncaster so obviously the message from fans is getting across.
And he said...?

essexhibee
02-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Sod the stewards. What are they realistically going to do if half the stand decided to stand up for the game?

You dont see the polis telling the whole of the away fans of europe games to sit down because realistically they cant make them and they will be outnumbered. Napoli visited liverpool and stood the whole match, happens with all this european teams and they are left alone.

SPL STAND UP
02-12-2010, 06:48 PM
And he said...?

I will copy and paste what I sent as a mass message at the time.

He stated he is very open minded to the issue and agrees standing is in principle safe. Shared my views and feelings on the hypocrisy of the rules over standing. Agreed its pre...tty daft that you can for example have a beer and stand at a music gig in a football stadium but not do the same while at a football game in the same stadium. Doesn't really think Safe-Standing terraces will viable due to cost and having to redevelop parts of the stadia however he would like to see a more common sense approach from clubs with standing in seated areas. He feels that, where possible in the ground, clubs should allow a designated area for standers to do so however he understands their concerns over Safety Certificates. When talking about common sense from clubs and all round match day experience he said St.Mirren won some sort of award ? Pulled him up about the Standing/singing section which got ditched a game or two in by the council.

edit - Also very aware of the growing 'large minority' of people wanting standing and feels the SPL must do its upmost to cater and improve the match day experience

.Sean.
02-12-2010, 08:27 PM
I will copy and paste what I sent as a mass message at the time.

He stated he is very open minded to the issue and agrees standing is in principle safe. Shared my views and feelings on the hypocrisy of the rules over standing. Agreed its pre...tty daft that you can for example have a beer and stand at a music gig in a football stadium but not do the same while at a football game in the same stadium. Doesn't really think Safe-Standing terraces will viable due to cost and having to redevelop parts of the stadia however he would like to see a more common sense approach from clubs with standing in seated areas. He feels that, where possible in the ground, clubs should allow a designated area for standers to do so however he understands their concerns over Safety Certificates. When talking about common sense from clubs and all round match day experience he said St.Mirren won some sort of award ? Pulled him up about the Standing/singing section which got ditched a game or two in by the council.

edit - Also very aware of the growing 'large minority' of people wanting standing and feels the SPL must do its upmost to cater and improve the match day experience
That sounds far more promising than I had anticipated. Excellent work mate :agree:

RIP
02-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Why are the stewards up and down the staircases every 5 minutes ushering those in the singing section to sit down then :confused:

It's not happening any more mate - not for over a month anyway. Since we increased the amount of singing they've completely backed off

I can't be the only one that's noticed

madabouthibs
02-12-2010, 11:24 PM
I was at Old Trafford last weekend for the Man U Wigan game, had tickets for the Stretford end.
The whole upper section of the Stretty stood throughout the whole 90 minutes, the seats are only there for half time use. The atmosphere in that end alone was fantastic, constant non-stop singing, great variety of songs...... I loved it, and so did my 11 yo son. :D
Its similar to ER though, in a sense that this was the only area of the ground that any atmosphere was coming from. They also have various posters and campaign flyers promoting the recaimation of the Stretty for the fans. Come along and make a noise etc etc......
They also sell beer in the foyer.

Incidentally, the game was pish! :greengrin

SPL STAND UP
03-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Now over 700 but we need your continued support. I urge you to take 1 minute of your time if you agree with what the petition stands for and sign it. It is also essential that you spread the word of the petition.

This can be done in a few ways - 'liking' it on Facebook
- 'inviting' friends to the Facebook Group
- Using the 'Email' function on the petition website

.Whitey.
04-12-2010, 09:13 AM
signed.

hibeedonald
04-12-2010, 09:31 AM
signed.

The singing section should be bouncing next game as more people move over, can't wait!

NAE NOOKIE
04-12-2010, 09:45 AM
It would be great if the East Could be made standing with a capacity of 6,000 which would satisfy the safety dudes.

To see what standing can do just google Newell's Old Boys fans and have a look.

Could the East ever hope to get close to that ?

:greengrin

.Sean.
04-12-2010, 09:47 AM
signed.
Excellent. Rough?

Hibbyradge
04-12-2010, 09:53 AM
I support this and have signed. I prefer to sit at games nowadays, but a safe and contained standing area for those who wish to stand seems like a reasonable request.

What I'm not clear about is whether or not there is an actual law prohibiting standing at football or was it just a decision taken by the football authorities?

If it's the former, would it be possible to persuade a friendly MP/MSP to pursue a private members bill to amend the legislation?

Even if it's the latter, getting it debated in parliament would give the campaign a huge boost.

Good luck.

SPL STAND UP
04-12-2010, 01:32 PM
In Scotland it is NOT law for all seater stadia. It is purely SPL legislation which followed the Taylor Report which recommendations is law in England.

We have 5 MSPs that have stated they support in some way the campaign and Michael McMahon MSP has signed the petition today.

It is now nearing 900 please continue to sign if you have not already.

Forward to terracing!
Back to terracing!

Bobo
04-12-2010, 02:46 PM
I think seated stands are here to stay and can't see clubs tearing them down to reintroduce terracing.

If things change and limited standing areas are given approval, I think Hibs with Easter Road have the scope to build terraced corners between the existing stands to accommodate 1000 -1500 which would allow up to 3000 folk to stand without altering the 20000+ seats currently in use.

It would be good if every supporter could be kept happy with the choice to either sit or stand at games but don't think we'll see it happening anytime soon.

SPL STAND UP
04-12-2010, 05:38 PM
900+ now.

ForeverHibs93
04-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Signed:thumbsup:

SPL STAND UP
04-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Signed:thumbsup:

Thanks Greg and all others who have signed :thumbsup:

tony higgins
05-12-2010, 03:44 AM
Who exactly is paying for all this unseating and all the safety measures that would need to go along with it.

Sounds all a bit 4th year at school and listening to your uncles or should that be by now, granda.

Standing in open terracing wet and frozen a million miles away from a lav somehow doesn,t appeal to me anymore.

Been there done it, all over Scotland.

Don,t really see much point in this from a Hibs angle.
Seating has been the way forward over the last 40 years since the Ibrox disaster.

So on this one i,ll pass.

Saorsa
05-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Who exactly is paying for all this unseating and all the safety measures that would need to go along with it.

Sounds all a bit 4th year at school and listening to your uncles or should that be by now, granda.

Standing in open terracing wet and frozen a million miles away from a lav somehow doesn,t appeal to me anymore.

Been there done it, all over Scotland.

Don,t really see much point in this from a Hibs angle.
Seating has been the way forward over the last 40 years since the Ibrox disaster.

So on this one i,ll pass.and that is your choice and there's plenty seats for you. There are those that prefer standing and would like tae stand and also help bring back a bit more atmosphere tae games. It happens in places in Europe and is perfectly safe, and it'll be nothing like the auld days (which I dinnae need my granda tae tell me about), we'll have the same access tae same facilities as everybody else, just without the need tae sit.

tony higgins
05-12-2010, 04:50 PM
and that is your choice and there's plenty seats for you. There are those that prefer standing and would like tae stand and also help bring back a bit more atmosphere tae games. It happens in places in Europe and is perfectly safe, and it'll be nothing like the auld days (which I dinnae need my granda tae tell me about), we'll have the same access tae same facilities as everybody else, just without the need tae sit.

I,m sure if you offered to pay for it all, reconstruction plus legal fees fighting the SFA, SPL and Edinburgh City Council viz a viz the safety certificate and the lower crowd capacity, Rod would be happy to chat to you.

:thumbsup:

£20 million should about cover it.

Rossco1875
05-12-2010, 07:56 PM
I think it's your link

this link goes the signing page :agree:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bringbackstanding

what annoys me is the guy in z 170 that sits in the singing section and doesnt even sing :grr: :wink: