PDA

View Full Version : Liars at Celtc

Jack
01-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Picked this up from a non-Celtc fans site, honest!

This was sent today by Aidan Kerr as a message to members of the Facebook group for members of Scottish football fans for the reintroduction of standing at SPL matches

"Today I went to the game in hope of displaying a simple message banner saying BRING BACK TERRACING however I was denied doing this.

As I entered the turnstiles at Section 111 I was asked by stewards and their supervisors to unveil the banner, fair enough. I was then surrounded by a sea of stewards like it was some sort of banner proclaiming something dramatically offensive. The supervisor radioed through stating it was a simple banner which read BRING BACK TERRACING. He then half a minute later said the Match Commander said it was not permitted entry to the ground. I then argued for a reason and was not given one. As I was in this argument a Police officer had been talking on his radio and then confirmed my suspicions that the Match Commander/Police did NOT say it was not permitted it was entirely from Celtic Security and NOT from the Police. This means somewhere in a control room a head security official gave an order to his colleague to tell a bare faced lie to a Celtic Fan.

I was never given a reason and told I should contact Ronnie Hawthorn for one on Monday. This is a shocking example of what we as football fans are up against.

I shall be contacting Celtic/Ronnie Hawthorn, interested media outlets and I shall be phoning Neil Doncaster to alert him over what his 'customers' get for a match day experience."

Now I don’t know who to believe. Who is the liar? :confused:

Is it someone who is part of the management team at Celtc? From how high up had this order to lie come from? Who will be made to resign? :cool2:

Was it the fan? I already have my doubts about him – there are no spelling mistakes on the alleged banner so it is probably a infiltrator from another club out to cause bother. And besmirch the good name of Celtc. :faf:

Sunny1875
01-12-2010, 03:35 PM
If only he had added something about Poppies or Persecution then it would have been allowed at celtic park

greenginger
01-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Obviously, the Poppy Desecraters got approval for their banners from the very Top!

:grr::grr:

LancashireHibby
01-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Obviously, the Poppy Desecraters got approval for their banners from the very Top!

:grr::grr:

Got it in a nutshell. I'm beyond being surprised by Celtc's antics.

lucky
01-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Its irrelevant as standing at football is not coming back, Unless your in the East stand at ER. As for which Smellie lied who cares they are a plook on the ******** of society.

matty_f
01-12-2010, 04:30 PM
If someone at celtc had lied, they should lose their job. It was what celtc demanded, wasn't it?

ginger_rice
01-12-2010, 04:37 PM
I would have thought that this banner wouldn't be allowed as it would be of a political nature where as banners about poppies.......ah hang on a minute there appears to be a flaw in my argument.

Hibs Class
01-12-2010, 04:43 PM
If someone at celtc had lied, they should lose their job. It was what celtc demanded, wasn't it?

If someone wasn't capable of lying convincingly they wouldn't have been employed in the first place; it's an essential part of the role.

hibbybrian
01-12-2010, 05:20 PM
They couldn't find a spelling mistake so understandedly reckoned that they weren't Celtc supporters :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
02-12-2010, 04:26 PM
They do anything to deflect from the poppy scandal, blame refs for everything to this, amazing.

Vini1875
02-12-2010, 04:50 PM
I think after the poppy thing, they will try to be more careful.