PDA

View Full Version : Phrases or sayings that get on your thrupennies

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-12-2010, 01:37 PM
"Oh my days" and "my bad" are at the top of the list for me at the mo!

Peevemor
01-12-2010, 01:47 PM
"It's always in the last place you look" :Ummm:

Pretty Boy
01-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Not really a phrase or saying but something that really annoys me is girls who speak like this:

'Just going out for some drinkies with the girlies'.

LancashireHibby
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
"Oh my days" and "my bad" are at the top of the list for me at the mo!
Same here. Oh, and "thrupennies".

deeks01
01-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Not really a phrase or saying but something that really annoys me is girls who speak like this:

aye that gets on ma titties :greengrin:

Removed
01-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Any sentence where I am referred to as "bud"

Peevemor
01-12-2010, 02:39 PM

:tee hee:

Pretty Boy
01-12-2010, 05:46 PM

The calling card of the Glasgow taxi driver.

Toaods
01-12-2010, 06:09 PM
When something average has been done but the wannabee American describes it as 'like it was the best ? EVER...!!'

Removed
01-12-2010, 07:18 PM
The calling card of the Glasgow taxi driver.

:agree: I can live with that tbh it's when guys say it through here that really makes my teeth grate. Worse when I think they are actually from Edinburgh :bitchy:

Baw Baggio
01-12-2010, 09:28 PM
"end of"

Anyone using this is an arrogant twat IMO

lyonhibs
01-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Where to begin:

The unbelievably excessive use of the word "like" when recounting stories or opining on anything.

Prefacing a sentence with "With all due respect" which translates to "With **** all respect"

Girls - predominantely - phrasing a question as "Would you like to......." which means "I would like you to and you've got no choice in the matter........."

Parents who respond to the phrase "I've lost my............." with "Well it'll be wherever you left it" :grr: :grr:

Removed
01-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Parents who respond to the phrase "I've lost my............." with "Well it'll be wherever you left it" :grr: :grr:

Try virginity. That'll sort it :agree:

If it doesn't you win, end of :greengrin

MountcastleHibs
02-12-2010, 12:53 AM
I don't know if anyone else gets this, but being referred to as 'chief', ie, 'alright chief'.. Have I suddenly become the head of a Native American tribe or something?

we are hibs
02-12-2010, 08:08 AM
I don't know if anyone else gets this, but being referred to as 'chief', ie, 'alright chief'.. Have I suddenly become the head of a Native American tribe or something?

yes

bingo70
02-12-2010, 08:12 AM
does ma heid in when people put "lol" at the end of sentances, at what point did it become too much effort to put "ha ha" if you found something funny?

.Sean.
02-12-2010, 10:10 AM
'Random' for a start. Excessive text speak is a pain aswell.

Teo10
02-12-2010, 11:33 AM
One that has grown a lot recently is girls using the term "nom, nom" as in to find something tasty or talking about nice food, even even more so, guys.

It then starts to extend, "oh that is nommy"

What the ****!!!!

Pretty Boy
02-12-2010, 11:37 AM
I'd like to add my all time favourite start to a sentence:

'I'm not a racist but......'

Generally speaking this is followed by something at best xenophobic and at worst downright racist.

Danderhall Hibs
02-12-2010, 11:55 AM

How?

Danderhall Hibs
02-12-2010, 11:56 AM
"Do you know what I mean" and I know these are just words but "totally"and "like". Especially when they form a sentence:

"I was totally like ughhh, do you know what I mean?"

easty
02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
One that has grown a lot recently is girls using the term "nom, nom" as in to find something tasty or talking about nice food, even even more so, guys.

What the ****!!!!

I've never heard that... sounds ridiculous though.

Storar
02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Yams, Hunbrox, Rankgers, Septic Park, Murderwell, ***********, St Midden etc

lyonhibs
02-12-2010, 12:34 PM
"Do you know what I mean" and I know these are just words but "totally"and "like". Especially when they form a sentence:

"I was totally like ughhh, do you know what I mean?"

Couldn't agree more - even more annoying is mate of mine, who frequently makes ridiculous statements, usually about how much he paid for something, or how much he owes someone (always on the low side of the real figure) and when the reality is explained to him will just say:

"Well yeh, but you know what I mean"

Errrr, no, we don't - that's the point!!!

EH6 Hibby
02-12-2010, 07:45 PM

What the ****!!!!

I thought I was the only person that got annoyed by that! I passed Iceland the other day and they had an advert for that Nom yoghurt, I actually felt like putting their windows in! :grr:

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-12-2010, 07:58 PM
I thought I was the only person that got annoyed by that! I passed Iceland the other day and they had an advert for that Nom yoghurt, I actually felt like putting their windows in! :grr:

The telly advert is worse!

.Sean.
02-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Yams, Hunbrox, Rankgers, Septic Park, Murderwell, ***********, St Midden etc
Yes! :agree: Add 'Manure' an 'Cashchester ****ty' to that list.

The word 'neebur' (often abbreviated to 'neebs') and repacing the letter S with a Z at the end of some words.

Also hate 'm8' in a text. I'm not a ****ing road you know!

'Sick to the back teeth.'

Sick Boy
02-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Epic is becoming increasingly overused to describe events that are far from it!:bitchy:

"That was an epic night":grr:

Don't even get me started on "epic fail".:grr::grr:

One Day Soon
02-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Yes! :agree: Add 'Manure' an 'Cashchester ****ty' to that list.

The word 'neebur' (often abbreviated to 'neebs') and repacing the letter S with a Z at the end of some words.

Also hate 'm8' in a text. I'm not a ****ing road you know!

'Sick to the back teeth.'

Hang on a minute, 'neebs' is proper Fife, its not a passing phrase.

Anyway I dislike being referred to as 'big man' when I'm not particularly, I'm only 5ft 10.

Peevemor
02-12-2010, 09:17 PM

What the ****!!!!

My 18 month old daughter says "mnum num" for anything to do with food.

I'll have to get that battered out of her starting from tomorrow. :grr:

Peevemor
02-12-2010, 09:25 PM
She also wears sunglasses indoors which, although not really the subject of the thread, really does my head in! :grr::grr:

EH6 Hibby
02-12-2010, 09:32 PM
My 18 month old daughter says "mnum num" for anything to do with food.

I'll have to get that battered out of her starting from tomorrow. :grr:

See that you do, it's completely unacceptable. :greengrin

Removed
02-12-2010, 09:46 PM
She also wears sunglasses indoors which, although not really the subject of the thread, really does my head in! :grr::grr:

I know mental eh. Same with my Sig pic. ****ing posers :greengrin

seanraff07
02-12-2010, 09:58 PM
I agree with the OP that 'my bad' is a pain in the erse.

I also hate it when, normally a girl, writes something like 'I likes this'.. just say 'like'.. no need for the S on the end of it!

Danderhall Hibs
03-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Oh. My. God.

jabis
03-12-2010, 04:07 PM

me too

hibby19
04-12-2010, 06:41 PM

I work in an Iceland and it makes me cringe! Hate it with a passion when people say it and having it written in big words in my workplace just annoys me

Jim44
04-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Definitely the exclamation 'definaaaaaately!!!!!!!'.

nonshinyfinish
05-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Abuse of the word 'literally' - 'I literally exploded with rage,' etc.

People (typically Americans) who say 'I could care less' when they mean 'I couldn't care less.' It doesn't make sense! :grr:

Not a phrase, but I can't stand this emoticon: :thumbsup:
It's hideous.

Dunbar Hibee
05-12-2010, 01:36 PM

:faf: :agree: That annoys the **** out of me too

.Sean.
05-12-2010, 02:11 PM
The over-use of the word 'amazng'. I was speaking to some bird last night, and in her mind everything's 'amazing'.

JE89
05-12-2010, 02:22 PM
People who write things that follow 'hiya'. For example, 'hiya snow', 'hiya summer' etc.

Also people who come up with things that they think made them sound all arty and cool. 'Kodak moments' instead of photos pissed me off back in the day.

I also hate when people call their mates 'Mr' or 'Miss'. 'Not having a good day are we Miss Smith' - Not anymore she isn't!

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2010, 02:25 PM
The over-use of the word 'amazng'. I was speaking to some bird last night, and in her mind everything's 'amazing'.

Don't undersell yourself wee man, maybe you were amazing?

.Sean.
05-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Don't undersell yourself wee man, maybe you were amazing?
:smug::devil:

jodjam
05-12-2010, 08:50 PM
When someone starts a sentence with "as i was saying". Usually they have never mentioned the point that they are about to whitter on about.