PDA

View Full Version : bbc news: Hibs (and Hertz) not able to train. (merged)

Antifa Hibs
30-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Been watching SSN and its been saying Killie, QoS and Partick have all been using the toryglen football centre (indoor), which begs the question, where are we training? The indoor pitch at EM is little bigger than a Pitz 5-aside effort and i'd imagine the outdoor pitches will be out of bounds. ER presumably?

Dunbar Hibee
30-11-2010, 01:07 PM
From what i've been told they have been off yesterday and today.

scoopyboy
30-11-2010, 01:11 PM
From what i've been told they have been off yesterday and today.

Players got phone calls on Sunday to say Monday training cancelled.

Couldn't argue about today.

bob12345
30-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Been watching SSN and its been saying Killie, QoS and Partick have all been using the toryglen football centre (indoor), which begs the question, where are we training? The indoor pitch at EM is little bigger than a Pitz 5-aside effort and i'd imagine the outdoor pitches will be out of bounds. ER presumably?

Nothing wrong with a small indoor area to train on, there's an awful lot of technical stuff our team need to work on, it's not all about tactics and set pieces. However, getting to East Mains is hardly going to be an easy task.

mouvran
30-11-2010, 01:43 PM
I happened to serve Calderwood at work yesterday and he said that they had yesterday off but were going to try and get to east mains today, doubt they did though

Woody1985
30-11-2010, 01:49 PM
I thought the indoor pitch at EM was 3/4 full size?

bawheid
30-11-2010, 02:08 PM
You'd think with all the millions we've raked in over the past few years Petrie could buy a snowplough and gritter to make sure the players can get to training.

Disgrace, etc...:grr:

Bayern Bru
30-11-2010, 02:36 PM
I thought the indoor pitch at EM was 3/4 full size?

Roughly, yeah. It's bigger than 5-a-side for sure.

StarMan10
30-11-2010, 02:50 PM
was there a couple years back and is there more than one aswell? plus theve got the gym for people like stevensonhttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/winky.gif

Golden Bear
30-11-2010, 03:26 PM

And will probably only have one set of goals that is exclusively used by the defenders.

:wink:

.Sean.
30-11-2010, 03:30 PM
They've not been training.

.Sean.
30-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Never 3/4 size anyway.

Hibs7
30-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Bbc news saying Hibs and Hearts not able to train because of the weather, thought east mains had an indoor pitch. ???????

Barney McGrew
30-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Bbc news saying Hibs and Hearts not able to train because of the weather, thought east mains had an indoor pitch. ???????

It does, but it's a hell of place to get to in this weather, especially as a good number of the squad are coming from the west.

fiolex1
30-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Aye, boy from my work in Dunfermline lives in Ormiston and hasn't made it to work the last two days

ScottB
30-11-2010, 06:16 PM
It does, but it's a hell of place to get to in this weather, especially as a good number of the squad are coming from the west.

Yeah, but they worded it like all the clubs were scrambling for access to indoor spaces, not that we can't reach ours cause of the roads being covered by 2ft of snow...

.Sean.
30-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Try getting to East Mains in this weather. And the indoor pitch isn't that big.

blackpoolhibs
30-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Its difficult to get to our training ground,as its just north of Newcastle, whats hearts excuse?

Barney McGrew
30-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Its difficult to get to our training ground,as its just north of Newcastle, whats hearts excuse?

The Heriot Watt students had pre-booked it for a snowball fight

Albion Hibs
30-11-2010, 06:22 PM
The indoor pitch is tiny, not much more than a 5 aside number, plus would think they would be a little concerned about the safety of them having to work there way there.

Not a bad decision. Given the weather for the week ahead I would question "weather" or not we will get a game this weekend anyway!

MB62
30-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Maybe a fully equiped gymnasium in one of the stand at ER is the answer for weather like this. It could also be hired out to the public when not needed by the squad.
Possible next step for investment?

DarrenSQH
30-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Maybe a fully equiped gymnasium in one of the stand at ER is the answer for weather like this. It could also be hired out to the public when not needed by the squad.

There was one. It's now the Edinburgh suite I think.

dp00
30-11-2010, 08:26 PM
how many of the team have 4x4's .... im sure the majority of them could get there if they had too

deek and liam miller both have 4x4's so theres 10 of the squad able to get a lift lol .... yogi used to drive a merc 4x4 club car ... if cc has that there is 15

bet they would make it up town no bother :tin hat::tin hat::tin hat:

tbf tho its not worth risking going out in this weather unless its an emergency

Mibbes Aye
30-11-2010, 08:30 PM

The committee who allocate bookings were all away on the tuition fees protest. It's just one of those things :agree:

Septimus
01-12-2010, 06:00 AM
Is it still possible to get to the bookies in Tranent?

Davy Mac
01-12-2010, 06:27 AM

Ah, but who will be sold to pay for it? :wink:

.Sean.
01-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Is it still possible to get to the bookies in Tranent?
How many of them are actually in the bookies every day? I know Stokes in particular was, probably still is, bad for the bookies.

Dashing Bob S
01-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Business as usual then. I'm sure they'll make their way to the all-weather facilities in George Street.

Walter
01-12-2010, 02:03 PM
The committee who allocate bookings were all away on the tuition fees protest. It's just one of those things :agree:

Heriot-Watt has been closed the last 3 days

joebakerforever
01-12-2010, 02:19 PM
how many of the team have 4x4's .... im sure the majority of them could get there if they had too

deek and liam miller both have 4x4's so theres 10 of the squad able to get a lift lol .... yogi used to drive a merc 4x4 club car ... if cc has that there is 15

bet they would make it up town no bother :tin hat::tin hat::tin hat:

tbf tho its not worth risking going out in this weather unless its an emergency

There was a news item last night where the polis in the Borders were pointing out that even 4x4s had their limitations on untreated roads with a deep covering of snow & ice.

Hibernia Na Eir
01-12-2010, 02:45 PM
why would footballers NEED a full-size astro pitch to train? There are plenty other keep-fit things to do other than kick a ball :agree:

'bout time the famous Hibs Gritter got up to E Mains and sorted out that access road !

Mary Hinge
01-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Heriot-Watt has been closed the last 3 days

Don't the yamskis have a say in this ???

Golden Bear
01-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Business as usual then. I'm sure they'll make their way to the all-weather facilities in George Street.

:faf: