PDA

View Full Version : Evening News (Ivan Sproule Wants To Return) MERGED

Part/Time Supporter
27-11-2010, 09:01 AM
report in Bristol paper...

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/sport/Bristol-City-s-Ivan-Sproule-linked-Hibernian/article-2945182-detail/article.html

RickyS
27-11-2010, 09:20 AM
report in Bristol paper...

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/sport/Bristol-City-s-Ivan-Sproule-linked-Hibernian/article-2945182-detail/article.html
:pray:

Sir David Gray
27-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Where is Easter Park? :dunno:

Phil D. Rolls
27-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Hibs boss Colin Calderwood has yet to formally declare his interest, but it is believed he would like to bring the winger back to Easter Park and a proposed deal is being discussed at agent level.

This and the lack of any quotes from Edinburgh make this a non story for me.

R'Albin
27-11-2010, 09:34 AM
My favourite Hibs player that i have seen play(mind i am young:wink:) Im just praying this will happen and that if he does come back he doesnt flop.

Oh and im sure folk will come on here saying he has no final product, well you just have to look at the amount of goals and assists he got for us .

I wouldnt say he is the best player i have seen a Hibs but definately my favourite, even over Deeko!:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
27-11-2010, 09:48 AM
My favourite Hibs player that i have seen play(mind i am young:wink:) Im just praying this will happen and that if he does come back he doesnt flop.

Oh and im sure folk will come on here saying he has no final product, well you just have to look at the amount of goals and assists he got for us .

I wouldnt say he is the best player i have seen a Hibs but definately my favourite, even over Deeko!:agree:

:hmmm:

IWasThere2016
27-11-2010, 09:51 AM
My favourite Hibs player that i have seen play(mind i am young:wink:) Im just praying this will happen

I genuinely think your prayers will deliver you a wee pacey late Christmas pressie R.

Mon hame Ivan! :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-11-2010, 10:36 AM
What has he done since first time round with us? Did well with us, then nowt since.

jonty
27-11-2010, 10:39 AM
While we're speculating, can we have David Murphy back too? :cool2:

Hibbyradge
27-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Alan O'Brien on a tricycle.

johnrebus
27-11-2010, 10:49 AM
What has he done since first time round with us? Did well with us, then nowt since.

If you had been watching the Championship highlights over the past couple of years you would know that is just not true.

He has scored a few goal of the season contenders at Aston Gate, including at least one where he ran from well inside his own half to score.

Would welcome Ivan back with open arms.

:agree:

zlatan
27-11-2010, 10:57 AM

Just like Ian Murray and Derek Riordan.

erin go bragh
27-11-2010, 10:57 AM
While we're speculating, can we have David Murphy back too? :cool2:
and gary o and jones:greengrin

shagpile
27-11-2010, 10:58 AM
If you had been watching the Championship highlights over the past couple of years you would know that is just not true.

He has scored a few goal of the season contenders at Aston Gate, including at least one where he ran from well inside his own half to score.

Ivan is erratic, infuriating, less than the best passer of a ball & his crossing can kill people in the stands..:bitchy:

Have him back in a minute:agree: Imagine the atmosphere in the new East stand when Ivan is on the ball.:thumbsup:

FifeHibby
27-11-2010, 11:02 AM
:greengrin
and gary o and jones:greengrin

And Brian Kerr::duck::greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-11-2010, 11:05 AM

6 goals in over 100 games since leaving us.

Cocaine&Caviar
27-11-2010, 11:21 AM
__________Brown

Hart___Bamba___Hanlon___Booth/Stevenson

_______Murray___McBride
____________Miller
Sproule________________Riordan
________Trakys/Nish

Looks decent?, prosuming no Zemmama also...

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-11-2010, 11:21 AM
All the threads running just now about Sproule, Flynn, Griffiths and O'Connor, but no threads or even rumours about the kind of players that we need rather than would want.:rolleyes:

SteveHFC
27-11-2010, 11:24 AM
:pray::pray:

Cocaine&Caviar
27-11-2010, 11:25 AM
no threads or even rumours about the kind of players that we need rather than would want.:rolleyes:

Sproule, Flynn,

We need some wingers, there is no pace in the team at the minute, and the ones we have that are capable, Zemmama, Galbraith and Wotherspoon are either injured, out of form or not favoured. Instead we have Rankin and De Graff out wide.

Griffiths and O'Connor

We need some pace up front also, as well as just having a few more numbers, it obviously isnt the time to be relying on Byrne, Nish and Trakys are certainties, and although both have had good games, neither have been proven to be the target man we require. Also, with Duffy injured and not actually playing a game, his impact may be questionable, and Griffiths would be a long term signing, not one to get us through our current scenraio.

All IMO of course...

Beefster
27-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Sproule's spell at Hibs has been romanticised by the passing of time. I seem to recall that for every game he was magic, there was, at least, one where he was honking.

Having said that, if Calderwood wants him, I'd be happy enough to see him return. Sproule never lacks effort or passion which is some of what our team is lacking right now.

tamsonsbairn
27-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Where is Easter Park? :dunno:

That's where Groningen play in the Netherlands :thumbsup:

maturehibby
27-11-2010, 11:48 AM
All I want for christmas and am prepared to wait till January - wifie are you checking out this post

ScottB
27-11-2010, 12:17 PM
IF he is still roughly as quick as he was, then by all means. If he has lost pace then no, I'd rather keep the memories intact.

Sprouleflyer
27-11-2010, 12:22 PM
I do not need to add to this thread, my name should say it all :greengrin

Hope he comes back, just the type of pace we require.

seanraff07
27-11-2010, 12:22 PM
I'd be delighted if he came back, exactly the type of player we need at the moment.:agree:

DH1875
27-11-2010, 12:26 PM
IF he is still roughly as quick as he was, then by all means. If he has lost pace then no, I'd rather keep the memories intact.

I agree. Has anyone seen him play recently? If he's lost his pace I fear it would be a bad move for all.

jdships
27-11-2010, 12:28 PM
I have been friends with Ivan since he first came to ER.
I sent him a text, earlier this week, wishing him well at Yeovil.
I added " Any chance of seeing you in Edinburgh come January ?"
His reply was " You tell me !!"
I didn't pursue the question !!

Take what you like out of that :rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
27-11-2010, 12:35 PM

Don't let logic get in the way of a good story. :tsk tsk:

That's where Groningen play in the Netherlands :thumbsup:

It used to be. :agree:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Groningen

Graham Law
27-11-2010, 12:37 PM
I have been friends with Ivan since he first came to ER.
I sent him a text, earlier this week, wishing him well at Yeovil.
I added " Any chance of seeing you in Edinburgh come January ?"
His reply was " You tell me !!"
I didn't pursue the question !!

Take what you like out of that :rolleyes:

You would have struggled considering he has lost his phone!! But hey ho....

Riordans Boots
27-11-2010, 12:43 PM
:pray: I hope you are right G :agree:

I genuinely think your prayers will deliver you a wee pacey late Christmas pressie R.

Mon hame Ivan! :agree:

steviecarnie
27-11-2010, 12:52 PM

how many of them are sub appearances? any stats on assists, after all thats his main job, no?

Littlest Hobo
27-11-2010, 01:06 PM
I think what people have to remember is that when Ivan was at Easter Road we had quite a few quality players in the team at that time who helped play him in.

We don't have that quality anymore, that and the fact that Ivan has probably lost a yard since he left us, the question has to be would he add anything to our team.....the answer still has to be a resounding yes, that's how poor we are at the minute. The boy is a match winner but don't go expecting miracles!

DH1875
27-11-2010, 01:40 PM

Nah, that's just what he's telling you :tee hee:.

Hibernian Verse
27-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Can we not just find the new Ivan instead? I don't really want a pace player coming to us at 29 with his slowest years ahead of him, regardless of him scoring a massive 6 goals since leaving us.

jdships
27-11-2010, 01:54 PM

Not sure what you have lost but it is certainly something !!!!!!!!!!:yawn:

Graham Law
27-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Not sure what you have lost but it is certainly something !!!!!!!!!!:yawn:

No Sir, I aint lost my marbles - although my wife may think otherwise given she thinks I am nuts being up at this time every week following the cabbage.

But you aint spoken with the wee man on his phone this week....!! Certainly not on his mobile anyway.

Why the silly face in your reply?? It is if anything, rather silly and really does not add any value to your post!!

G

jdships
27-11-2010, 04:43 PM
No Sir, I aint lost my marbles - although my wife may think otherwise given she thinks I am nuts being up at this time every week following the cabbage.

But you aint spoken with the wee man on his phone this week....!! Certainly not on his mobile anyway.

Why the silly face in your reply?? It is if anything, rather silly and really does not add any value to your post!!

G

I certainly got a reply to my text from a number he gave me a few weeks ago that he asked me to use
Back to you :greengrin
:confused:

Tonez
27-11-2010, 05:28 PM
I think the general feeling is a lot of the fans would welcome Ivan back. I for one sure would:thumbsup:

So he's maybe lost a yard in pace but i reckon he'll still be faster than half the huddies in the SPL. He was/is an exciting player to watch and fans liked that. We do not have a massive pool of players right now and Ivan always gave 100%

Hibs could do with a player like him and the weeman puts bums on seats.

6 months or 1 year....... YES PLEASE:agree::agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-11-2010, 06:31 PM

Maybe the found hibs phone on another thread is Ivans!

random sub
27-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Given he is under contract still, I wonder if we will have to shell out more than 5k for him?:greengrin

After todays wooden performance, with some okay play but absolutely no spark or creativity, I do think he is the sort of player we need right now.

Davy Mac
27-11-2010, 06:35 PM
One thing that Ivan has got that half the current Hibs team have not got is ATTITUDE

Bostonhibby
27-11-2010, 07:17 PM
All the threads running just now about Sproule, Flynn, Griffiths and O'Connor, but no threads or even rumours about the kind of players that we need rather than would want.:rolleyes:

We are Hibs!

KeithTheHibby
27-11-2010, 08:42 PM
I don't get some Hibs fans these days.

For those not wanting Ivan back please tell me who in that team at the moment is providing that bit of magic or spark? Who is getting your arse out the seat?

There is not 1 player in that squad at the moment who can do that.
Ivan can, plays with passion and is hardly a gamble on a freebie is he?

BazzaHiby
27-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Maybe Tony will take him to borough? I hope not though.http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/confused2.gif

500miles
27-11-2010, 09:15 PM
If he's lost his pace, he may struggle to live up to any expectations.
That said, he was a good player for us first time round - moreso than some would give him credit for.

JACK_HFC
27-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Latest Transfer Gossip At Easter Road

According to press reports in Bristol last night, Hibs boss Colin Calderwood is keen to bring Ivan Sproule back home to Easter Road.
:notworthy:

The 29-year-old Northern Ireland international is currently on loan at Leyton Orient, after falling out-of-favour at Ashton Gate, and is looking to get his career back on track.
Calderwood is said to be ready to make his move in January, and with Sproule out-of-contract at the end of the season, only a modest fee would be needed for he former Easter Road winger to come home.

Hibs are said to have already made contact with his agent, and discussions are on going, with a possible January loan move being muted, leading to a summer transfer back to Edinburgh.
Sproule left the Hibees to join Bristol City for £500,000 in the summer of 2007, after the Robins secured promotion to the English Championship.

It is understood that Hibees boss Colin Calderwood is keen on a summer move for Aberdeen attacker Sone Aluko.

The 21-year-old former Birmingham City and England U19 player is currently in hot water at the Dons following a tirade at under pressure manager Mark McGhee, and would appear to be on his way out of Pittodrie.:greengrin

Aluko is out of contract at the end of the season, and Calderwood is watching the situation with interest, as he looks at a summer transfer merry-go-round at Easter Road.
18 Hibs players are out-of-contract in the summer, and only a handful are expected to be offered new deals. :tsk tsk:

Hibs are also said to be hot on the heels of former winger Ivan Sproule and Falkirk winger Ryan Flynn as Calderwood looks to add both speed and width as he builds his own squad in Leith.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

R'Albin
27-11-2010, 09:37 PM
I thought he was on loan at yeovil???

matty_f
27-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Latest Transfer Gossip At Easter Road

According to press reports in Bristol last night, Hibs boss Colin Calderwood is keen to bring Ivan Sproule back home to Easter Road.

The 29-year-old Northern Ireland international is currently on loan at Leyton Orient, after falling out-of-favour at Ashton Gate, and is looking to get his career back on track.
Calderwood is said to be ready to make his move in January, and with Sproule ot-of-contract at the end of the season, only a modest fee would be needed for he former Easter Road winger to come home.

Hibs are said to have already made contact with his agent, and discussions are on going, with a possible January loan move being muted, leading to a summer transfer back to Edinburgh.
Sproule left the Hibees to join Bristol City for £500,000 in the summer of 2007, after the Robins secured promotion to the English Championship.

It is understood that Hibees boss Colin Calderwood is keen on a summer move for Aberdeen attacker Sone Aluko.

The 21-year-old former Birmingham City and England U19 player is currently in hot water at the Dons following a tirade at under pressure manager Mark McGhee, and would appear to be on his way out of Pittodrie.:greengrin

Aluko is out of contract at the end of the session, and Calderwood is watching the situation with interest, as he looks at a summer transfer merry-go-round at Easter Road.
18 Hibs players are out-of-contract in the summer, and only a handful are expected to be offered new deals. :tsk tsk:

Hibs are also said to be hot on the heels of former winger Ivan Sproule and Falkirk winger Ryan Flynn as Calderwood looks to add both speed and width as he builds his own squad in Leith.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Essentially just what had been posted on here already then.

JACK_HFC
27-11-2010, 09:46 PM
I thought he was on loan at yeovil???

we can still buy him in january! :wink:

jackhfc
27-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Essentially just what had been posted on here already then.

Yup :thumbsup:, admin remove please haha, nah jokes jack, whatever gets you your kicks :wink:

PapillonVert
27-11-2010, 10:22 PM
I liked Ivan, no, I like Ivan, I really do. Same with Garry O'Connor, David Murphy and whoever else you might like to mention.

But, what is it about this Messageboard that every time an EX-player (who has more often than not been happy to move on for whoever's filthy lucre is the most tempting) is free or no longer wanted and, coincidentally struggling for options elsewhere, there are people here who seem to think we should welcome them back with open arms?

They have moved on and we have moved on. Thank you all very much for what you've done but you made your choice and we are not here just as your fallback should life not prove to be to your liking elsewhere.

blackpoolhibs
27-11-2010, 10:28 PM
I liked Ivan, no, I like Ivan, I really do. Same with Garry O'Connor, David Murphy and whoever else you might like to mention.

But, what is it about this Messageboard that every time an EX-player (who has more often than not been happy to move on for whoever's filthy lucre is the most tempting) is free or no longer wanted and, coincidentally struggling for options elsewhere, there are people here who seem to think we should welcome them back with open arms?

They have moved on and we have moved on. Thank you all very much for what you've done but you made your choice and we are not here just as your fallback should life not prove to be to your liking elsewhere.

I understand what you are saying, and in some cases you are correct. Although Sproule was forced out the door by Collins if my memory serves me right. Collins went out and brought Sproule on a motorbike (O'Brien) If you had forgotten. :wink: Then sold Sproule because he said he couldn't guarantee him a game, more than likely needed the money, but prefered O'Brien to Sproule.:boo hoo:

PapillonVert
27-11-2010, 10:52 PM
I understand what you are saying, and in some cases you are correct. Although Sproule was forced out the door by Collins if my memory serves me right. Collins went out and brought Sproule on a motorbike (O'Brien) If you had forgotten. :wink: Then sold Sproule because he said he couldn't guarantee him a game, more than likely needed the money, but prefered O'Brien to Sproule.:boo hoo:

But didn't Ivan himself admit at the time he couldn't refuse the offer because he had the chance to make some decent money?

Anyway, Ian Murray and Derek Riordan have come back. So, I know. Blackpool, that players DO return to clubs they have previously left. And do a decent enough job.

Where the wheels start to come off for me though is when we start thinking about this as the norm. For me. once they've gone, they've gone and that's usually it.

sleeping giant
27-11-2010, 10:56 PM
We would ruin you Ivan ! Stay away. Leave the memories as they are !

blackpoolhibs
27-11-2010, 11:03 PM
But didn't Ivan himself admit at the time he couldn't refuse the offer because he had the chance to make some decent money?

Anyway, Ian Murray and Derek Riordan have come back. So, I know. Blackpool, that players DO return to clubs they have previously left. And do a decent enough job.

Where the wheels start to come off for me though is when we start thinking about this as the norm. For me. once they've gone, they've gone and that's usually it.

I did not hear or see that, but thats not to say it never happened?:dunno:

3pm
27-11-2010, 11:09 PM
I did not hear or see that, but thats not to say it never happened?:dunno:

That's what was reported. JC may have 'helped' him along.

Bostonhibby
28-11-2010, 09:28 AM
One thing that Ivan has got that half the current Hibs team have not got is ATTITUDE

:agree: That alone would be enough of a reason for having him available, I have always liked the guy's attitude, and we could easily test any doubts by a loan deal. We have wasted more money on less, thats for sure.

Andy74
28-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Boozing shortly after a loss to Hearts and a couple of days before Scottish cup semi and turning up hung over for training. No wonder JC never took to him. I thought we wanted to change that sort of culture at the club?

essexhibee
28-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I-van come home .

Kojock
28-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Ivans Hibs Stats

94 app - 54 starts - 40 sub - 18 goals - 20 yellow - 3 red

Saw him play a lot more crap games than good games. IMO we need players who are more consistant than him.

I vote NO

Sprouleflyer
28-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Ivans Hibs Stats

Saw him play a lot more crap games than good games. IMO we need players who are more consistant than him.

I vote NO

How many assists?

jdships
28-11-2010, 09:15 PM
]Boozing shortly after a loss to Hearts and a couple of days before Scottish cup semi and turning up hung over for training[/B]. No wonder JC never took to him. I thought we wanted to change that sort of culture at the club?

Sure about that ?
Doesn't fit with the man I know !! :confused:
For what iuts worth I really don't think he should return

Steve-O
29-11-2010, 07:24 AM
How many assists?

I'd guess at...47 :agree:

snooky
29-11-2010, 06:43 PM
We would ruin you Ivan ! Stay away. Leave the memories as they are !

My heart would love to see Ivan back at ER, but.....
my head tells me you're dead right, SG.

Ivan has more to lose than gain by coming back.

FWIW, I sincerely hope I'm proved doubly wrang.

CRAZYHIBBY
29-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Bring back Ivan...Destroyer of the Huns:agree:

H18sry
30-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Ivan "I would return to Easter Road" todays back page just received a text from the EN

.Sean.
30-11-2010, 11:40 AM
anyone got a link?

H18sry
30-11-2010, 11:42 AM
anyone got a link?

not on the website yet http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/Backissues.aspx?backissue=29-Nov-10

JE89
30-11-2010, 11:44 AM
anyone got a link?

Had a look and can't see one yet.

Hope we don't sign him. 2nd terms are usually a disapointment.

.Sean.
30-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Copy and paste it when it is for those of us 'at work' ;)

ionahibby
30-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Him wanting to sign and us wanting to sign him are usaully two different things non story imo

Cropley10
30-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Non-story on a slow news day IMHO.

Calderwood will have his eyes on other players I'm sure - unless Rodders is intending to do a Vlad and sign him for the manager :offski:

Hibbyradge
30-11-2010, 11:48 AM

Is that true?

Murray and Riordan have been successful.

Who has disappointed?

JE89
30-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Is that true?

Who has disappointed?

Thinking more in the grand scale of things than just Hibs. Also why I put 'usually'.

'Heroes' returning rarely have the same impact IMO and often affect the memory of the person. I know these are managers, but the memories of Mixu and Yogi have been affected by returning to Hibs as managers, as has Sauzee's. (I know he didn't return for this, but you get my point).

Robbie Fowler went back to Liverpool, a popular choice among fans as he was a hero and did pish, IMO Ivan, if he returned would be the same.

He is 29, a player renounced for his pace and not footballing ability and I've always thought that once his pace went, so would his professional career, signing a player who is 30 in February, only going to get slower and would have a lot to live up to, would be a mistake for me.

H18sry
30-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Is that true?

Who has disappointed?

Pat McGinley never done so bad 2nd time around either from what I can remember.

Jim44
30-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Him wanting to sign and us wanting to sign him are usaully two different things non story imo

Given the deplorable state of our squad at present and with no guarantee that Calderwood can perfom a satisfactory turnround in our fortunes by bringing in his own choice of players I think that a short term contract for Sproule is well worth a punt. Anyway, did I not read somewhere that CC was interested?

sunshine1875
30-11-2010, 12:02 PM
He is 29, a player renounced for his pace and not footballing ability and I've always thought that once his pace went, so would his professional career, signing a player who is 30 in February, only going to get slower and would have a lot to live up to, would be a mistake for me.

:kdarts:

I've heard he is as slow as Murdoch on Mud now.:wink:

Peevemor
30-11-2010, 12:03 PM
:kdarts:

I've heard he is as slow as Murdoch on Mud now.:wink:

Did Alan O'Brien not pinch his motorbike or something?

Baldy Foghorn
30-11-2010, 12:06 PM
I think IS has been struggling to get into Bristol City first team, now on loan to Yeovil, sounds just like a player punting himself to get another chance........

Sir David Gray
30-11-2010, 12:09 PM
In a heartbeat.

This would make my Christmas if Ivan came back to Hibs. :pray:

yekimevol
30-11-2010, 12:11 PM
ivan is open to a return home. so caldo and rod get it sorted !!!!!

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Sproule-hopes-for-Hibs-return.6644658.jp

Baldy Foghorn
30-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Ivans Hibs Stats

I vote NO

Agree with you HSH

ScottB
30-11-2010, 12:26 PM
If he still has pace. Sure.

If not. No. I'd rather keep the memories, and judging by how ridiculous some of our support have gotten, they'd be on his back hurling abuse before long :bitchy:

allezsauzee
30-11-2010, 12:30 PM
So we are crying out for a bit of pace in the team and we don't want a man who has loads of it , always gave 100% for the club and has declared that he would love to come back to Hibs?...are we holding out for David Villa ? :rolleyes:

Peevemor
30-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Could it be that there are aspects of his game that he's improved during his time in Englandshire? Remember he was relatively inexperienced during his time at Hibs.

marinello59
30-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Could it be that there are aspects of his game that he's improved during his time in Englandshire? Remember he was relatively inexperienced during his time at Hibs.

Possibly. But the fact he hasn't been getting a game doesn't add weight to that.

allezsauzee
30-11-2010, 12:42 PM
He was a regular under the previous manager, could just be that the new man doesnt want to play the same way. They got to the play offs with Ivan as an integral part of the first team

seanraff07
30-11-2010, 12:44 PM
I'd take him back in a second.. people are doubting whether he will be as good, why not just take the gamble? Fair enough if our team was playing really well and he'd struggle to get a game.. but in all honesty we have been no more than pish this season, Sproule is the ideal player for us at the moment, a player that can make something happen out of nothing.

He might have lost a bit of pace over the last couple of years but he's got to be better than what we've got at the moment or will at least improve the team slightly.

Judas Iscariot
30-11-2010, 12:49 PM

Riordan
Murray
Skacel :jamboak:
Kenny Miller
Shaun Maloney
Etc..

marinello59
30-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Who has seen him play recently?

hibee_patty
30-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Possibly. But the fact he hasn't been getting a game doesn't add weight to that.

Whenever i have seen him he seems like he has improved... but i have only seen a couple of games on sky so am probably not the best to judge on a few performances... i would welcome him back we are lacking players who are willing to take on a man and only realy galbraith does this for us just now and i think he is still young and learning the game here but think if we can we should take him. And another thing players like stokes and miller never got a game for there teams but look how they turned out

proud_and_green
30-11-2010, 12:50 PM
If he still has pace. Sure.

If not. No. I'd rather keep the memories, and judging by how ridiculous some of our support have gotten, they'd be on his back hurling abuse before long :bitchy:

I seem to recall there were people that gave him pelters when he was here before, probably those who now have chosen to forget their previous comments.

I agree with what you and Jim44 are saying - if he still has his pace he may be worth a short term punt!

But, he is not going to be the answer to our prayers and woes!

Viva_Palmeiras
30-11-2010, 12:57 PM
I seem to recall there were people that gave him pelters when he was here before, probably those who now have chosen to forget their previous comments.

I agree with what you and Jim44 are saying - if he still has his pace he may be worth a short term punt!

But, he is not going to be the answer to our prayers and woes!

Spin - the key is dispite stating his affection he says "I[t]wouldn't rule out moving back to ER but that's in the hands of others not mine"
I'd be surprised but not disappointed if this was taken further

gackohibs
30-11-2010, 01:00 PM
As reported in the press, skacel wasn't getting a game anywhere, hearts re signed him and he's scored a few.
He's worth a shot cos we do need a right winger.

grunt
30-11-2010, 01:00 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Sproule-hopes-for-Hibs-return.6644658.jp

Former Hibs star Ivan Sproule today admitted he wouldn't turn down the chance of a return to Easter Road after learning his days with Bristol City are numbered.
The flying winger has fallen down the pecking order at Ashton Gate and is currently on loan with English League One outfit Yeovil Town.

Sproule is in the final year of his contract with the Robins but has been told he won't be offered a new deal in the summer with City boss Keith Millen under pressure to trim a squad that numbers 36 full-time professionals.

Although Sproule was a member of the City side beaten by Hull in the 2008 Premier League play-off at Wembley and a first team regular during much of his time in Bristol, he has made only four starts since the manager who signed him, Gary Johnson, departed in March. As such, Sproule is keen to use the January transfer window to secure his longer-term future elsewhere, with City said to be willing to allow the Northern Ireland internationalist, signed three years ago for £500,000, to go for a modest fee.

The news has prompted speculation in the West Country that Sproule, bought by former boss Tony Mowbray from Irish side Institute for a mere £5000, could return to Edinburgh where he helped Hibs win the CIS Insurance Cup in 2007.

Sproule is well aware of the gossip, but while insisting that's as far as it has gone and that he's keeping his options open, he told the Evening News he'd be all ears if an approach was made by Hibs boss Colin Calderwood.

The 29-year-old said: "I knew if I was going to leave Bristol City this was always going to come up. I've had a fantastic time here, it's a fantastic club but I have to look after by own future and that of my family.

"Everyone knows Hibs are a club that will always be close to my heart. They gave me a chance in football, made my career. I've very fond memories of my time in Edinburgh. Everyone at the club made us welcome, I always gave 100 per cent when I played and I was lucky enough to be in a team which won something.

"I've never hidden my love for the club or the fact I am a Hibs supporter. You never know where you are going to end up in football but I will always be grateful to Hibs.

"It wouldn't rule out moving back to Easter Road but that's in the hands of others, not mine. I still feel I have a lot to offer but for the moment I'm simply concentrating on getting myself as fit as I can for January."

hibiedude
30-11-2010, 01:07 PM

So going by your take Ian Murray and Derek R01rdan have been a disapointment :confused:

Bring Ivan Back :greengrin

JE89
30-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Riordan
Murray
Skacel :jamboak:
Kenny Miller
Shaun Maloney
Etc..

100% correct, I didn't mention it in my previous post though I meant to say players returning at the tail end of their career.

As for Skacel (who is now at the tail end), in his first spell at them, he was twice the footballer Ivan ever was. Ivan doesn't have the alround game to make a decent comeback.

[/B]
So going by your take Ian Murray and Derek R01rdan have been a disapointment :confused:

Bring Ivan Back :greengrin

Ivan would have never have made it professional without his pace IMO. He is almost 30 and will naturally be losing it. Remember also, he was found out toward the end of his spell at Hibs by the majority of SPL defenders and enjoyed little luck.

Murray was never the pacey player, he doesn't need to be as other aspects of his game are his strong points, Ivan doesn't have these other strong points IMO. We resigned Riordan at 25, the peak of his career so is completely different, also Riordan is 5 times the player Ivan ever was.

Edit: Also look up the word 'usually' is does in fact differ to 'always' :wink:

KeithTheHibby
30-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Is that true?

Who has disappointed?

Exactly, too many Hibbies on here are far too quick to dis the return of players despite the fact that I am struggling to remember a 'flop'.

It also goes without saying that Ivan would improve our team, no debate about that.

KeithTheHibby
30-11-2010, 01:24 PM
100% correct, I didn't mention it in my previous post though I meant to say players returning at the tail end of their career.

As for Skacel (who is now at the tail end), in his first spell at them, he was twice the footballer Ivan ever was. Ivan doesn't have the alround game to make a decent comeback.

Ivan would have never have made it professional without his pace IMO. He is almost 30 and will naturally be losing it. Remember also, he was found out toward the end of his spell at Hibs by the majority of SPL defenders and enjoyed little luck.

Murray was never the pacey player, he doesn't need to be as other aspects of his game are his strong points, Ivan doesn't have these other strong points IMO. We resigned Riordan at 25, the peak of his career so is completely different, also Riordan is 5 times the player Ivan ever was.

How do you work that out?? Are you Ivan's fitness coach?? Have you witnessed him losing pace recently??

Christ players are in their prime coming up for 30!
As for being found out I am pretty sure that in his last game he scored and set up a goal for Scott Brown against Celtic. I also don't seem to remember him being 'found out' one bit by other teams.

Try telling the Huns that Davie Weir is losing it, you will get shot down in flames.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-11-2010, 01:33 PM
"I've never hidden my love for the club or the fact I am a Hibs supporter. :greengrin

Anyone else get a wee smile reading that line?

Would take Ivan bk in a heartbeat! Everyone at the club needs a boost right now and this would maybe provide it. He might end up being a flop but I think its worth the risk! Were playing our 4th choice Centre Half up front FFS, hardly as if were currently spoilt for choice!!

aberhibsfc
30-11-2010, 01:34 PM

I can understand that theory, but Riordan and McGinlay done no to bad. If he is anything like the player that left us he'd be welcomed home by me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-11-2010, 02:18 PM
New stand built, training centre completed - only players to spend money on now, time to raise the bar higher than this surely?

Hibbyradge
30-11-2010, 02:28 PM
New stand built, training centre completed - only players to spend money on now, time to raise the bar higher than this surely?

Who took care of our debt?

hibiedude
30-11-2010, 02:41 PM

You seemed to have changed the wording to suit your reply :confused: you said 2nd terms are usually a disappointment so why mention pace and age because that wasn't in your first post but seems to have been added to make your point :confused:

Ivan at 30 is still a better player than some of the rubbish we have at the club at this moment in time.

NAE NOOKIE
30-11-2010, 03:07 PM
As far as leaving Hibs goes. If it was for the money remember that Ivan was late into the pro game, so for his families sake if nothing else he probably felt he had to make enough money to set himself up in the relatively short career open to him.

As for returning to Hibs: Why not ?, he's certainly going to be faster than most of our current squad even if he has lost a yard. Not to mention most of the defenders in the SPL.

Aye he had a few stinkers for us, in fact the CIS cup final wasn't his finest hour, but his commitment was never in question and on his day he could ( can ? ) be a thorn in the side of any opponent.

Put it this way I would hate not to be at Ivans first game back, just to see the reception he would get from the fans apart from anything else.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Who took care of our debt?

Was that not the gist of what was said at the last AGM? The debt existed during the building of the 2 previously stated items did it not? Whats the point of building a shiny new stand when the price of the materials is low if people dont want to fork out dough to watch what is being served up on the park? I just think getting the product the park first shouldve been top of the list, then if crowds got to sell out point most weeks, thats when we need a bigger capacity.

marinello59
30-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Was that not the gist of what was said at the last AGM? The debt existed during the building of the 2 previously stated items did it not? Whats the point of building a shiny new stand when the price of the materials is low if people dont want to fork out dough to watch what is being served up on the park? I just think getting the product the park first shouldve been top of the list, then if crowds got to sell out point most weeks, thats when we need a bigger capacity.
So when we needed the extra capacity we would have actually had to reduce what we had while we redeveloped the East Stand?

Hibbyradge
30-11-2010, 03:32 PM

You've confused me (easily done, I know.)

The argument about building the stand versus paying for players on the park is in the past. The stand won.

We have debt as a result which needs to be serviced and paid off.

Your previous post suggested we didn't have anything to pay for except players and that we should be aiming higher than the likes of Ivan Sproule.

How do we do that?

marinello59
30-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Exactly, too many Hibbies on here are far too quick to dis the return of players despite the fact that I am struggling to remember a 'flop'.

It also goes without saying that Ivan would improve our team, no debate about that.

Should we close the thread then?:greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
30-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Would take him back in a heartbeat.

BigKev
30-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Get him back up the road pronto. Give him an 18 month deal and see how it goes.

Ivan will turn all the leaden footed defenders in the SPL inside out if he's still 3/4 of the player he was when he left.

One of the few players in the last 5 years who got you genuinely excited when he got the ball even if he made a shop front of it and played with the passion sadly missing from the current squad.

StevieC
30-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Get him back up the road pronto. Give him an 18 month deal and see how it goes.

Take him on loan for 5 months and see how it goes.

AndersonGGTTH
30-11-2010, 04:51 PM
In the news it is a qoute saying "im a hibs fan so would love to come back" but i thought he was a hun????:confused:

Hibstrooper
30-11-2010, 04:54 PM
In the news it is a qoute saying "im a hibs fan so would love to come back" but i thought he was a hun????:confused:

I thought John Robertson was a Hibs fan :confused:

marinello59
30-11-2010, 04:57 PM

You are obviously making the same lazy assumptions that the delusional Huns did.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-11-2010, 05:00 PM
You've confused me (easily done, I know.)

The argument about building the stand versus paying for players on the park is in the past. The stand won.

We have debt as a result which needs to be serviced and paid off.

Your previous post suggested we didn't have anything to pay for except players and that we should be aiming higher than the likes of Ivan Sproule.

How do we do that?

The stand did indeed win, what was the point though? We had debt when the stand was built, we had debt when the training centre was built, we still have debt, but, now its time to tighten the pursestrings? Im confused too!

AndersonGGTTH
30-11-2010, 05:18 PM
You are obviously making the same lazy assumptions that the delusional Huns did.

oooo sorry .

just_joe
30-11-2010, 05:28 PM

I agree with you 100% tbh. I think it's time for the board to show a bit ambition. We can surely aim higher than Ivan.

ScottB
30-11-2010, 05:29 PM

I can only recall him saying he had a lot of Rangers supporting relations and friends back home who weren't pleased with his hat trick at Ibrox.

The man himself has always spoken highly of Hibs.

In a way, even if he isn't quite the player in terms of ability he was, we could sure do with his passion and commitment in the side, on the park and in training, as well as his ability to lift the fans. Would be great to hear the whole stadium chanting for a player for a change!

Baldy Foghorn
30-11-2010, 05:45 PM

I am sure he has publicly stated in past he was a Rangers fan, and was delighted to score hat-trick versus his heroes..... He also waved and applauded the rangers support when they won League at ER, (possibly because family and friends were in crowd), but to saay he is a Hibs fan is not true, unless he has switched allegiances after his time at ER.....

Baldy Foghorn
30-11-2010, 05:47 PM
I can only recall him saying he had a lot of Rangers supporting relations and friends back home who weren't pleased with his hat trick at Ibrox.

The man himself has always spoken highly of Hibs.

In a way, even if he isn't quite the player in terms of ability he was, we could sure do with his passion and commitment in the side, on the park and in training, as well as his ability to lift the fans. Would be great to hear the whole stadium chanting for a player for a change!

His hat-trick aside, I can't remember what he did to make all the fans want him back.....He had pace, but had a poor final ball, was hotheaded at times eg Semi Final against the yams.....

silverhibee
30-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Its not really down to Ivan if he wants to return to Hibs, that will be CC call, and i would be surprised if Ivan is on his radar.
For me it would be a no thank you.

Fife-Hibee
30-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Ivan was one of the main reasons for us renewing 5 season tickets, would love nothing more than to see him return. Come home Ivan :agree:

marinello59
30-11-2010, 06:04 PM
His hat-trick aside, I can't remember what he did to make all the fans want him back.....He had pace, but had a poor final ball, was hotheaded at times eg Semi Final against the yams.....

He used to get pelters on here for that and having a habit of being caught offside. And despite the denials on here there were regular posts towards the end of his time here suggesting that SPL defenders had learnt how to nullify his pace. Absence certainly makes the heart grow fonder. He was an unpolished gem but that was part of the charm. I loved the guy when he was here though, my wife knows the booze has kicked in when I start singing the Sproule song.
I really worry that he comes back and starts being subjected to flak from the stands if he doesn't set the heather on fire again. Anyway he hasn't actually said, come and get me, he has said he would be amenable to an approach which is an entirely different thing. Would our manager even be interested? I suspect he would be looking for players capable of performing more consistently than our Ivan.

Hibbyradge
30-11-2010, 06:18 PM
The stand did indeed win, what was the point though? We had debt when the stand was built, we had debt when the training centre was built, we still have debt, but, now its time to tighten the pursestrings? Im confused too!

No-one mentioned tightening the purse strings.

You said we had nothing to spend our income on apart from players. We have debt too.

Never mind. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
30-11-2010, 06:19 PM
I agree with you 100% tbh. I think it's time for the board to show a bit ambition. We can surely aim higher than Ivan.

Why is now the time? :confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-11-2010, 07:43 PM
No-one mentioned tightening the purse strings.

You said we had nothing to spend our income on apart from players. We have debt too.

Never mind. :greengrin

We had debt when roughly £10m of infrastructure was put in place.

Luna_Asylum
30-11-2010, 07:57 PM

motherwell away dunfermline away yams home lc etc etc

CRAZYHIBBY
30-11-2010, 08:19 PM
that is the gayest song ive ever heard on a football tribute video

HIBERNIAN 1875
30-11-2010, 11:28 PM
At least Ivan would show a bit of passion which none of the current squad do, and not to mention that he's one of us. Come Home Ivan :agree:

proud_and_green
01-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Right!

I would love to see Ivan back at Hibs. But, i think, like many others, i don't want to see him bear the brunt of the boo boys if it all goes wrong.

If he does come back. Can we all agree to support him all the way through thick and thin, through good and bad and through crap and brilliant!!!!!!

Oh, and it would be nice if we could see our way to doing the same for the rest of the team as well!!!!

Ps - i do understand it is all just a newspaper article and wishful thinking!!!!

PPS - I don't just mean about Ivan re the wishful thinking!!!!!

Billy McKirdy
01-12-2010, 01:22 AM
One of the most exciting players to ever wear the green and white of Hibernian FC!, Yes! he is a cult hero for us!, Yes! he did run around like a headless chicken most of the time, but by golly didn't we get up off our seats everytime he was on the ball and expect the unexpected! Yes! his passion for the club mirrored the passion us supporters hold for Hibernian FC!, He is one of us! No matter his shortcomings, whenever wee Ivan pulls on that shirt and represents our proud club, he is representing every single one of us when he takes the field! Many players have signed for us over the years and claimed to be life-long supporters of Hibs, but few have worn the shirt with such pride and passion, Ivan is the type of player we NEED at the moment, someone who understands what we are all about, us, the supporters, I fail to see why some people think he is less of a player because Bristol City want him no more, surely, the three years he has had in England has made him a much better player than the one who left us, I would sign him in a heartbeat...please, please, please Mr Calderwood, see sense and add this talisman to our squad! http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/coffee1.gif

Sandy
01-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Every time he got the ball wide on the right I remember almost the entire east rising to their feet in anticipation, yes please from me :agree: Passion commitment and pace.

hibsbollah
01-12-2010, 07:38 AM

:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:
Joyless tornfaced yamfuddery. No talented 'hotheads' please, there might be a danger of actual passion on the pitch.

one day maybe...
01-12-2010, 12:20 PM
I still have the radio commentary on Ivans third goal from his hatrick at Ibrox as my ringtone, even after all these years.. Sad i know, but it makes me smile everytime i hear it and I always leave it right to the last second to answer the bloody thing. :devil:

Its a wonderful hatrick from Ivan Sproule, Its Rangers nil Hibernian three :wink:

Wait a minute that sounds familiar :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
01-12-2010, 03:13 PM
:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:
Joyless tornfaced yamfuddery. No talented 'hotheads' please, there might be a danger of actual passion on the pitch.

Less of the yamfuddery ya plum.....

If you reckon IS is a talented hothead, you must be very excitable, surprised you can type with a handful of kleenex??

JimBHibees
01-12-2010, 05:25 PM
We are desperately lacking in pace and Ivan has that in bucket loads he isnt the best footballer on the planet but would no doubt in my mind improve our current team and make and score a few goals in the SPL. Sounds like a non-story to me but would be happy to see the wee man back in the team.

blackpoolhibs
01-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Get him back for a 6 month loan, and get him up front instead of Nish. Pace effort and excitement, all the things he lacks.

HibeeMcGinn1
01-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Agree with blackpoolhibs. Get him on a short term deal and see what he can do. 6month loan or a year deal would be ideal IMO. If he does the business then sign him up for a couple years if not then atleast he tried. I cant remember a player that brought such excitment to the stands when he got the ball. Oh and hitting the post against Dnipro at home oooohhhhh so close.

Albion Hibs
01-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Has there been any quotes from anyone yet - either club or player? It may just be the same old case of an agent doing a bit of stiring and trying to create a bit of interest.

Dont know if we could afford him on loan as I am sure Bristol put him on a reasonable wage.

Will be interesting to see what happens here, if he comes back as good a player as he left it would be a great signing for us.

hibsbollah
01-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Less of the yamfuddery ya plum.....

If you reckon IS is a talented hothead, you must be very excitable, surprised you can type with a handful of kleenex??

:faf: and you actually edited that post to make it look better?:bye:
If you're going to indulge in online banter, at least make sure it makes some sort of sense.

zlatan
01-12-2010, 08:54 PM
I'd drown puppies to see Ivan back at Hibs.

Little cute fluffy puppies, right down the toilet.

Frazerbob
01-12-2010, 09:11 PM
A bit of a cliché but Sproule was a one trick pony. His one trick being his pace which, if it hasn't done so already, will be gone pretty soon. The last 6 months of his time at ER he was poor. I firmly believe the opposition managers knew how to play against him and since he didn't have any new tricks up his sleave he was found wanting. Great attitude and fell in love with club. Also made us a tidy profit. A limited player who maxamised his talents to carve out a decent carreer for himself.

Having said that and having not seen him kick a ball since he left, would he improve the current squad? He'd have to be rank rotten not to!! For that reason I'd be more than happy to see him back.

jackhfc
01-12-2010, 09:24 PM
One of the most exciting players to ever wear the green and white of Hibernian FC!, Yes! he is a cult hero for us!, Yes! he did run around like a headless chicken most of the time, but by golly didn't we get up off our seats everytime he was on the ball and expect the unexpected! Yes! his passion for the club mirrored the passion us supporters hold for Hibernian FC!, He is one of us! No matter his shortcomings, whenever wee Ivan pulls on that shirt and represents our proud club, he is representing every single one of us when he takes the field! Many players have signed for us over the years and claimed to be life-long supporters of Hibs, but few have worn the shirt with such pride and passion, Ivan is the type of player we NEED at the moment, someone who understands what we are all about, us, the supporters, I fail to see why some people think he is less of a player because Bristol City want him no more, surely, the three years he has had in England has made him a much better player than the one who left us, I would sign him in a heartbeat...please, please, please Mr Calderwood, see sense and add this talisman to our squad! http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/coffee1.gif

You read my mind :top marks

jackhfc
01-12-2010, 09:29 PM
I'd drown puppies to see Ivan back at Hibs.

Little cute fluffy puppies, right down the toilet.

I'd do a lot worse, he is by far my favourite hibs player ever (I am only 16 though) lol

None the less, he is a LEGEND :notworthy:

Hibbyradge
01-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Use him as an impact player off the bench for the last 30 minutes.

His "one trick" would pay divideds against tired defences.

Free kicks galore at a minimum!

Baldy Foghorn
01-12-2010, 10:09 PM
:faf: and you actually edited that post to make it look better?:bye:
If you're going to indulge in online banter, at least make sure it makes some sort of sense.

I edited it to save me being banned, as I was going to indulge you in a barrage of names, but did not want to lower myself to your level.......

Don't want to indulge in online banter with anyone let alone you, and would have thought even you could understand the prior posting.....

Baldy Foghorn
01-12-2010, 10:10 PM
I'd do a lot worse, he is by far my favourite hibs player ever (I am only 16 though) lol

None the less, he is a LEGEND :notworthy:

No way is he a legend..... Guys like Pat Stanton, Famous 5, etc etc but not Mr Sproule......

blackpoolhibs
01-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Agree with blackpoolhibs. Get him on a short term deal and see what he can do. 6month loan or a year deal would be ideal IMO. If he does the business then sign him up for a couple years if not then atleast he tried. I cant remember a player that brought such excitment to the stands when he got the ball. Oh and hitting the post against Dnipro at home oooohhhhh so close.

He's just the type of player we need just now, someone with energy and passion. He does score goals, or did when at Hibs. The team needs an influx of pace, even if he's lost a bit, he will still be the quickest at easter road. I think CC will bring in 2 or 3 loan deals in January, we could do worse than get Ivan for 6 months, and if he did well, it could always be extended.

Luna_Asylum
01-12-2010, 10:31 PM
No way is he a legend..... Guys like Pat Stanton, Famous 5, etc etc but not Mr Sproule......

well if we have had a legend since pat stanton he is about as near as there is IMHO of course

marinello59
01-12-2010, 10:32 PM
well if we have had a legend since pat stanton he is about as near as there is IMHO of course

Sauzee?

Luna_Asylum
01-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Sauzee?

sauzee what?

marinello59
01-12-2010, 10:45 PM
sauzee what?

As near to a legend we have has since Stanton possibly? Sorry, I should have explained myself more fully.

Luna_Asylum
01-12-2010, 10:48 PM
As near to a legend we have has since Stanton possibly? Sorry, I should have explained myself more fully.

I never said ivan was the only one (possible candidate) so cool down pls

marinello59
01-12-2010, 10:51 PM
I never said ivan was the only one (possible candidate) so cool down pls

Cool down? I only offered an opinion, again; sorry.

Luna_Asylum
01-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Cool down? I only offered an opinion, again; sorry.

Apology accepted. The debate of who is the greatest legends is of course for another day/thread.
What is an important distinction - to me anyhow - is that ivan's greatest moments to date at least have been in a hibs jersey while sauzee's were presumably not

Ollie Reed
02-12-2010, 10:10 AM
We have little to zero pace in the side, something we badly need. The option of Sproule would at least add that.

A short-term deal with an option of a longer one, if successful, would do no harm at all.

jackhfc
02-12-2010, 10:21 AM

Well IMO Sproule is a legend, and because of my age I never got to see Pat Stanton etc play, so from the players i've seen, and have to compare Sproule with, i'd call him a legend

Phil MaGlass
02-12-2010, 10:27 AM
He is no legend, mibbe popular, but no legend.

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Well IMO Sproule is a legend, and because of my age I never got to see Pat Stanton etc play, so from the players i've seen, and have to compare Sproule with, i'd call him a legend

I dont think he's a legend, but i am comparing him to my legends. So i completely understand why you think he is a legend to you. :agree:

Hibbyradge
02-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Sproule's hat-trick at Ibrox is legendary and will be talked about and referred to for a long, long time.

I guess that makes him a legend, no?

Spike Mandela
02-12-2010, 10:34 AM
His hat trick at Ibrox is legendary so by proxy he is a legend. Whether deserved or not.

HibbyAndy
02-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Id have Sproule back in a heartbeat. Pace passion aggression are just a few of his assets that we need, Short term deal , Yes im all for that.

And those who dont want him saying he is finished, Heidless chicken etc ,Saying he cant cross a ball , Or gets one in every 10 crosses into the box are the same people defending Nish on another thread saying 'ok Nish isnt the best player in the world but can offer assists, chips in with goals ' etc, EVERYTHING Sproule would bring to the club.

You know who you are.Double standards.

Spike Mandela
02-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Sproule's hat-trick at Ibrox is legendary and will be talked about and referred to for a long, long time.

I guess that makes him a legend, no?

**** me Hibbyradge talk about people having the exact same thought at the same time. Spooky!!:devil:

Hibbyradge
02-12-2010, 10:38 AM
**** me Hibbyradge talk about people having the exact same thought at the same time. Spooky!!:devil:

My thought was a minute earlier than yours. :na na:

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
Id have Sproule back in a heartbeat. Pace passion aggression are just a few of his assets that we need, Short term deal , Yes im all for that.

And those who dont want him saying he is finished, Heidless chicken etc ,Saying he cant cross a ball , Or gets one in every 10 crosses into the box are the same people defending Nish on another thread saying 'ok Nish isnt the best player in the world but can offer assists, chips in with goals ' etc, EVERYTHING Sproule would bring to the club.

:tee hee: Who could you possibly mean?:wink:

HibbyAndy
:tee hee: Who could you possibly mean?:wink:

They know who they are :wink:

Ollie Reed
02-12-2010, 10:41 AM

Name and shame, old boy! :greengrin

HibbyAndy
02-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Name and shame, old boy! :greengrin

:hilarious

Couldnae possibly G :greengrin

Ollie Reed
02-12-2010, 10:44 AM

Couldnae possibly G :greengrin

Want me to then, Andy? :agree:

Saorsa
02-12-2010, 10:44 AM

Couldnae possibly G :greengrinwould they also be defenders of Rankin? :cool2:

HibbyAndy
02-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Want me to then, Andy? :agree:

Go for it :thumbsup:

would they also be defenders of Rankin? :cool2:

Ollie Reed
02-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Go for it :thumbsup:

Okay, here goes....

HIBBYANDY :greengrin:greengrin

HibbyAndy
02-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Okay, here goes....

HIBBYANDY :greengrin:greengrin

:faf: :faf:

Yer a bad man G :tsk tsk:

Saorsa
02-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Okay, here goes....

HIBBYANDY :greengrin:greengrin:hilarious

Judas Iscariot
02-12-2010, 11:07 AM

would they also be defenders of Rankin? :cool2:

Funny how all the rabid Hogg, Rankin etc defenders all seem to have a dislike for the Riordan, Sproule types...

:hmmm:

basehibby
02-12-2010, 11:12 AM

Oh FFS - not the old legend debate again.

Shortly after emerging from nowheresville, Ivan scored a hattrick at Ibrox (legendary), consistently got the crowd onto it's feet (legendary) and did a mean riverdance routine (again legendary). He also managed to win a medal during his few years at ER and is well known to "bleed green and white" having been irreversibly converted from an adolescence of hunhood.

In this day and age of professional journeymen we don't get many players coming along who would deserve the "legendary" accolade - but for me Ivan earned it at Hibs and hopefully will get the chance to earn it some more in the near future.

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Oh FFS - not the old legend debate again.

Shortly after emerging from nowheresville, Ivan scored a hattrick at Ibrox (legendary), consistently got the crowd onto it's feet (legendary) and did a mean riverdance routine (again legendary). He also managed to win a medal during his few years at ER and is well known to "bleed green and white" having been irreversibly converted from an adolescence of hunhood.

In this day and age of professional journeymen we don't get many players coming along who would deserve the "legendary" accolade - but for me Ivan earned it at Hibs and hopefully will get the chance to earn it some more in the near future.

Brian Kerr scored winner at Tynie, a legend for that.......

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2010, 11:29 AM

Maybe just maybe, the Nish defenders are against the constant sniping and vitriol the man has to endure?

marinello59
02-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Maybe just maybe, the Nish defenders are against the constant sniping and vitriol the man has to endure?

basehibby
02-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Brian Kerr scored winner at Tynie, a legend for that.......

Brian Kerr was more legendary for disappearing than he was for that goal - something you couldn't accuse Ivan Sproule of as even if he had a bad game he would always try his heart out.

Besides, your argument is as leaky as a pair of my old socks - how many players have scored a winner for the away team at Tynie - hundreds??? Thousands???

How many players have scored a hattrick for the away team at Ibrox - answers on a postcard - the names should fit on there pretty easilly.

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Brian Kerr was more legendary for disappearing than he was for that goal - something you couldn't accuse Ivan Sproule of as even if he had a bad game he would always try his heart out.

Besides, your argument is as leaky as a pair of my old socks - how many players have scored a winner for the away team at Tynie - hundreds??? Thousands???

How many players have scored a hattrick for the away team at Ibrox - answers on a postcard - the names should fit on there pretty easilly.

Was making the point that the word legend is used far too often

hibsbollah
02-12-2010, 12:14 PM
I edited it to save me being banned, as I was going to indulge you in a barrage of names, but did not want to lower myself to your level.......

Don't want to indulge in online banter with anyone let alone you, and would have thought even you could understand the prior posting.....

More unsubstantiated nonsense:rolleyes: When have I ever 'indulged you in a barrage of names'? What does that mean anyway? I dont know what makes less sense, your grasp of the English language or your views on Hibs.

If you're worried that you might get banned for using expletives, its probably best to use the 'ignore' function from my posts now on. Thats what I intend doing with you.

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2010, 12:27 PM
More unsubstantiated nonsense:rolleyes: When have I ever 'indulged you in a barrage of names'? What does that mean anyway? I dont know what makes less sense, your grasp of the English language or your views on Hibs.

If you're worried that you might get banned for using expletives, its probably best to use the 'ignore' function from my posts now on. Thats what I intend doing with you.

Not sure how my views on Hibs make no sense, but I will leave that for a rainy day.....

I have read my post back and it makes perfect grammatical sense, maybe you have trouble reading..... Still another one on my ever increasing ignore list....

al bundy
02-12-2010, 12:57 PM
love to have him back, even if he was half as good as he was he would still walk into the team on commitment and desire alone. if only liam miller had a bit of heart

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Ivans a star won the 1630 @ Wolves today.

Golden Bear
02-12-2010, 05:11 PM

He's not lost any of his pace then despite the stories.

:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2010, 05:14 PM

Legend..........

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Legend..........

Calm down man, I dont want to see him back either.
Just pointing out a coincidence.

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Calm down man, I dont want to see him back either.
Just pointing out a coincidence.

I am calm Colin, just pointing out that the horse is a legend like his namesake.....:wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Ha, fair do's Mr B!

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Ha, fair do's Mr B!

Anyway you never told us the winning odds, or if you backed said horse....

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2010, 05:47 PM

I nearly backed it, but horses are not my forte. I prefer football bets, i'm more used to watching donkeys.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Anyway you never told us the winning odds, or if you backed said horse....

Never backed it, think it was about 5s.

RoYO!
02-12-2010, 05:57 PM
I nearly backed it, but horses are not my forte. I prefer football bets, i'm more used to watching donkeys.

Please let's not turn this into another Nish debate :devil:

StokePogesHibs
02-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Please let's not turn this into another Nish debate :devil:

How good would Nish be with service from Ivan. GOC has done nowt since he left Ivan :wink:

IWasThere2016
03-12-2010, 07:20 AM
I wasnae at the 0-3 Sproule hat-trick game at Ibrox but I remember where I was and what I was doing - it was a special moment fae the wee man :agree:

I was then dancing in the pub with H18SScottW and some stranger for the second 0-3 he starred in .. Another special moment :agree:

The CIS 5-1 :thumbsup:

His goal at Darkheid in the 1-3 win

Well 6-1

Tannadice 0-3 when he took a radge after scoring the third.

He and Killen's rout of the Pars post Mogga..

He'll do for me!

..We all dream of a team of Ivan Sproules.. A team of Ivan Sproules ..

COME HOME WEE MAN! :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
03-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Seven pages and the thread misleads
The article doesn't say he "wants to return" Serious bit of reading in between the lines methinks.

squire
03-12-2010, 10:49 AM
I haven't actually read the whole of this thread so apologies. But has anyone brought up the FIFA rule that no player can play for 3 clubs in the same season without special dispensation? Now Ivan has been at BC and will no doubt play for Yeovil, where would that leave a potential transfer to us? hmmmm

Judas Iscariot
03-12-2010, 10:55 AM
I haven't actually read the whole of this thread so apologies. But has anyone brought up the FIFA rule that no player can play for 3 clubs in the same season without special dispensation? Now Ivan has been at BC and will no doubt play for Yeovil, where would that leave a potential transfer to us? hmmmm

Are loan deals not exempt from this rule?!

renato
03-12-2010, 09:18 PM
A view from the West Country (apologies if already posted):

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/132412-is-ivan-coming-back-to-hibs/

As expected, opinions mixed....although it appears he certainly hasn't lost his pace, as some have suggested :cool2:

jackhfc
05-12-2010, 08:29 PM
And number 1 is Ivan Sproule
And number 2 is Ivan Sproule

......:notworthy: