PDA

View Full Version : East Stand Drummer

AndersonGGTTH
28-11-2010, 06:13 PM
when is someone with drums going to plug up the courage to bring one along to ER. it would get everyone going just someone that has a bit rythym , the atmo would be awsome. GGTTH!!!!:hnet::flag:

essexhibee
28-11-2010, 06:15 PM
And get the hibs dj person to play the song that Norwich FC play after they score. Great for seeing the fans go mental. Its the one played after the goals went in in Euro 2008.

Sammy7nil
28-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Please, Please Please x 1000

NO DRUMMER AT E.R.

The Livvy drummer really got on my t?ts :boo hoo:

AndersonGGTTH
28-11-2010, 06:18 PM
:greengrin:greengrinthat was the livi drummer tho lol , a hated that too but at blackpool it was effective and sounded no bad:greengrin

AndersonGGTTH
28-11-2010, 06:21 PM
good idea the norwich thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDAuqZbCCw

CB_NO3
28-11-2010, 06:27 PM
I would be happy with a drum if it was done correctly. Lets face it Scottish football is dire so creating an atmosphere may be the only way to get people enjoying the game again. I would not want it constantly though, every 5 or 10 minutes would do ok and we should not play it when we are getting humped. Am glad the 12th man guys are actually making an effort.

Next accessorie is the megaphone, who is up for that. :greengrin

Removed
28-11-2010, 06:50 PM
......we should not play it when we are getting humped.

You mean like the Blue Order the other week :greengrin

LancashireHibby
28-11-2010, 06:54 PM
No, no and NO! All it does is drown out the chanting and eventually lead to all of the songs only being ones started by the drum and not some loudmouth at the top of the stand.

Jack
28-11-2010, 07:03 PM
What about a bagpiper?

Lmc2105
28-11-2010, 07:05 PM
What about a bagpiper?

i knew this was coming :faf::thumbsup:

Stantons Angel
28-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Really, those drums are AWFUL!!!!! Its bad enough going along to watch the football at the moment, having a bloody drum pounding in your ears would drive you mad! NO NO NO!!!!!!!:bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
28-11-2010, 10:58 PM
No, no and NO! All it does is drown out the chanting and eventually lead to all of the songs only being ones started by the drum and not some loudmouth at the top of the stand.

No it does not. The blackpool fans are superb, helped along with a couple of drummers. They actually get their season tickets free from the club, because of the good job they do at bloomfield road.:top marks

lucky
28-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Yes for me it will help create a decent atmosphere

Ed De Gramo
28-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Don't need a drum.....they guys up the back were giving it laldy at the back of the stand :thumbsup:

James70
28-11-2010, 11:04 PM
What about bringing back the rattles? :greengrin

............sorry, they'd probably be classed as weapons now. :rolleyes:

Lofarl
28-11-2010, 11:32 PM
What about bringing back the rattles? :greengrin

............sorry, they'd probably be classed as weapons now. :rolleyes:
Can I bring my vuvuzela and crazy frog ringtone?

marinello59
29-11-2010, 06:30 AM
Can I bring my vuvuzela and crazy frog ringtone?

Bring Margaret Thatcher along to lead off the singing and my vision of hell will be complete. :bitchy:

hibsfan7
29-11-2010, 07:09 AM
why not a 48 piece orchestra and play the old spice tune when we score a goal

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 07:56 AM
I think a lot of folk are put off by a drum because of the Livi drummer, when in all honesty, if its done well as i have witnessed, it can help create a very good atmosphere.

Thomson1875
29-11-2010, 08:06 AM
im not a fan of drums at football matches but if it was done correctly with more than a hundred folk joining in it would sound good but i prefer the folk just hitting the back of the stand. ithink it sounds better than what a drum would.

Just get a hundred Airhorns from the pound shop andplay them at the same time and sing hibees.

CB_NO3
29-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Its never going to take off because most football fans in Britain are moaning old gets. I was in Frankfurt last month watching Eintracht and they had a section of about 5, 6 thousand behind the goal creating an amazing atmosphere and they all stand safely. There was megaphones, drums the lot and the place was bouncing. There is other areas to sit if you dont fancy the singalong.

Now picture you average SPL game, you cant stand, you get old whinging gets moaning when you stand for more than 20 seconds, you cant drink, songs end after 10 seconds. Basically its boring and miserable. What annoys me is how can a massive nation like Germany, who have anything between 3 to 10 thousand standing at games in a stadium where there is 50k plus inside allow it, and a pi55 poor excuse of a country like Scotland who have about 3 thousand at a game not allow it.

Phil D. Rolls
29-11-2010, 11:04 AM
when is someone with drums going to plug up the courage to bring one along to ER. it would get everyone going just someone that has a bit rythym , the atmo would be awsome. GGTTH!!!!:hnet::flag:

Please give advance notice of this, as the day we stoop to Livi style attempts to make a game of football exciting is the day I stop going.

(Hope this helps.)

aberhibsfc
29-11-2010, 11:30 AM
I would be happy with a drum if it was done correctly. Lets face it Scottish football is dire so creating an atmosphere may be the only way to get people enjoying the game again. I would not want it constantly though, every 5 or 10 minutes would do ok and we should not play it when we are getting humped. Am glad the 12th man guys are actually making an effort.

Next accessorie is the megaphone, who is up for that. :greengrin

Yeah, someone who know's how to play it and when. Not just some random with a stick.

green&left
29-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Please give advance notice of this, as the day we stoop to Livi style attempts to make a game of football exciting is the day I stop going.

(Hope this helps.)

Get a life FFS :bye:

Drums when used properly are superb for atmosphere's.

This year I've seen Blackpool, Celtic, Maribor, Bratislava, Frankfurt and Cracovia, all use drums, megaphones etc and the atmosphere's were great.

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 01:23 PM

This year I've seen Blackpool, Celtic, Maribor, Bratislava, Frankfurt and Cracovia, all use drums, megaphones etc and the atmosphere's were great.

:agree: If you dont like them, there are 2 other stands to go to. They would enhance the atmosphere 10 fold if done correctly. And might even tempt the other stands into joining in more often. :thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
29-11-2010, 01:27 PM

Yes.

Removed
29-11-2010, 01:30 PM
:agree: If you dont like them, there are 2 other stands to go to. They would enhance the atmosphere 10 fold if done correctly. And might even tempt the other stands into joining in more often. :thumbsup:

Or mibbe even 3 :wink: there are still some on here under "observation" :agree:

And for the record I've changed my mind and would support drummers if it enhanced what we had on Saturday :thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
29-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Can you play Sunshine on Leith on the drums? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 01:40 PM

I dont think so, but we can leave that to the trumpets. :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
29-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I dont think so, but we can leave that to the trumpets. :wink:

I'll get my coat.

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 01:45 PM
I'll get my coat.

:greengrin

LancashireHibby
29-11-2010, 02:48 PM
No it does not. The blackpool fans are superb, helped along with a couple of drummers. They actually get their season tickets free from the club, because of the good job they do at bloomfield road.:top marks

Plenty of other examples where it doesn't work though - Bolton is one that springs to mind where all you can hear is the drummer thumping over the top of the chants.

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Plenty of other examples where it doesn't work though - Bolton is one that springs to mind where all you can hear is the drummer thumping over the top of the chants.

Thats why i said done properly. Moray said to me on Saturday that the Blackpool fans were the best he's ever seen at the Reebok. I have witnessed them first hand at home and some away games, and they are very good, ably helped by the drummers imho.

basehibby
29-11-2010, 03:32 PM

A couple of GOOD drummers can help towards a great atmosphere (witness Brazil amongst others). What we don't want is some tone deaf rythmically challenged numpty annoying everybody (witness Livi).

CB_NO3
29-11-2010, 03:50 PM

Why would you want to play Sunshine on Leith on drums. We only sing it twice a season anyway and that 5 minutes before a derby at ER

CB_NO3
29-11-2010, 03:51 PM
A couple of GOOD drummers can help towards a great atmosphere (witness Brazil amongst others). What we don't want is some tone deaf rythmically challenged numpty annoying everybody (witness Livi).

Well said. :thumbsup:

CB_NO3
29-11-2010, 04:10 PM
This is what we are aiming for, when is the dress rehearsal. :agree:

2 minutes in is class and I have been in and amongst it and it is amazing. Where is the old guy moaning, telling you to sit down in that stand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iS97D0Rkko

Or here is a video of Maribor who get about 3k a week at home games, again good atmosphere when done correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQs6yeZ9b6g

Saorsa
29-11-2010, 04:28 PM
This is what we are aiming for, when is the dress rehearsal. :agree:

2 minutes in is class and I have been in and amongst it and it is amazing. Where is the old guy moaning, telling you to sit down in that stand.

Or here is a video of Maribor who get about 3k a week at home games, again good atmosphere when done correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQs6yeZ9b6gI doubt you'd need tae worry about the auld guy in the stand, you'd never get away with that here, the police and stewards would be all over it before it got started. They'd probably tie you tae your seat here if they thought they could.

Chuck Rhoades
29-11-2010, 04:28 PM
This would be good:greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piPrkoQFVqo&feature=related

Removed
29-11-2010, 04:55 PM
This would be good:greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piPrkoQFVqo&feature=related

:faf: Hope that's after the game and no before it. Would take hours to clear that up. Watch the boy on the bye line with the hose :faf:

And to think it was national news here after a couple of flares at the derby :rolleyes:

Edit: Just read it - teams entrance :shocked::thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Absolute quality,:top marks wouldn't happen at easter road though. We are not allowed to take our own bottles in, so wouldn't be able to let off any fireworks. :greengrin

Removed
29-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Absolute quality,:top marks wouldn't happen at easter road though. We are not allowed to take our own bottles in, so wouldn't be able to let off any fireworks. :greengrin

:greengrin That's exactly what I thought. We'd need they wee cup holder things on the seats like you get at the pictures and you could stick your rocket in that and light it :thumbsup:

The best bit is they were firing in just about every direction. Just about as dangerous as our pre match shooting practice :greengrin

seanraff07
29-11-2010, 06:07 PM
:greengrin That's exactly what I thought. We'd need they wee cup holder things on the seats like you get at the pictures and you could stick your rocket in that and light it :thumbsup:

The best bit is they were firing in just about every direction. Just about as dangerous as our pre match shooting practice :greengrin

:faf:

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 06:14 PM

Can you imagine the stewards at easter road if that happened? :faf: FFS they go berserk if you lift one cheek of your arse for a fly fart. :bitchy:

hibbie02
29-11-2010, 10:21 PM
I remember seeing a video of some Turkish team who had a wee bald radge jumping about on the pitch (before the game) building up the crowd into a frenzy and they did some mental mega bounce and were shouting the place down.

Now then....we are no short of wee radges, so maybe see if we can get one down in front of the East before the game.... get the place rocking (and I think a couple of big drums would help, but they would do my nut in going throughout the game).

Would love to see the look on the faces of the OF or the Yams if that took off!!! :greengrin

Removed
29-11-2010, 10:26 PM
I remember seeing a video of some Turkish team who had a wee bald radge jumping about on the pitch (before the game) building up the crowd into a frenzy and they did some mental mega bounce and were shouting the place down.

Now then....we are no short of wee radges, so maybe see if we can get one down in front of the East before the game.... get the place rocking (and I think a couple of big drums would help, but they would do my nut in going throughout the game).

Would love to see the look on the faces of the OF or the Yams if that took off!!! :greengrin

See post #37 for something similar

How about a radge in a metal bath of beans with a megaphone :dunno:

hibbie02
29-11-2010, 10:30 PM

So he wisnae bald..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUN96KzAlDM

K.Marx
29-11-2010, 10:50 PM
not sure whether this has been posted anywhere before but this is a vid of celtics green brigade...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq2J146riTI&playnext=1&list=PLEFEB2F802AD60840&index=8

any 6 year old hibees up for the job in section 43?? :greengrin

RIP
29-11-2010, 11:32 PM
If Hibs now allow us to stand I don't see why they wouldnae allow a drum

HibeePaj
29-11-2010, 11:40 PM
What's wrong with banging the cladding???

kept everyone intime on saturday for 'calderwoods grren n white army'

marinello59
29-11-2010, 11:55 PM
And for the record I've changed my mind and would support drummers if it enhanced what we had on Saturday :thumbsup:
:agree: Me too. Anything that makes a noise should be welcome. It doesn't have to be boom boom boom boom for 90 minutes (as I tell Mrs M59) but it is worth a try. :thumbsup:

Hibby D
30-11-2010, 10:02 AM
....... I have been in and amongst it and it is amazing.

Same here :agree: Eintracht were away to Dortmund and I was part of the away support. I loved it! The standing, chanting and the bouncing (no easy task for an auld burd like me :greengrin) A few fans took it in turn to stand, back to the pitch, and co-ordinate it all. Simply brilliant!

I'd love just a fraction of that atmosphere at ER and if a (good) drummer could contribute to that, then bring it on! :flag:

Gettin' Auld
30-11-2010, 10:40 AM
not sure whether this has been posted anywhere before but this is a vid of celtics green brigade...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq2J146riTI&playnext=1&list=PLEFEB2F802AD60840&index=8

any 6 year old hibees up for the job in section 43?? :greengrin
Is that wee Jimmy Krankie?

:greengrin

SolentHibee
30-11-2010, 12:37 PM
How about if it was a snare drum rather than a base drum?

They could play out a rhythm instead of the banging you get on those big drums, and would probably be less dominating in our smaller crowds.