PDA

View Full Version : Question Flag/banner carriers stopped yesterday?

Jack
28-11-2010, 01:29 PM
My 13 year old was carrying our flag to the match yesterday - apologies to all those who lost eyes!
On the way up to the East he was stopped by a stewardess who made him unfurl the flag. 'Just green and white, thats OK' we moved on.
I was talking to the guy with the Hibs 12th Man banner. He was stopped on the way in too and the message was deemed appropriate.
I've never experienced such cencorship before. Anyone else questioned?

Stew the Hibee
28-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Yesterday was the organised day for the protest of standing at SPL games, which involved clubs taking in banners. I know that the tims didn't get there banner in, so possibly a big crackdown on it?

greenlex
28-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Yesterday was the organised day for the protest of standing at SPL games, which involved clubs taking in banners. I know that the tims didn't get there banner in, so possibly a big crackdown on it?
It was because they had spelt it correctly and the stewards didnt believe they were Celtic fans.:agree:

silverhibee
28-11-2010, 02:36 PM
It was because they had spelt it correctly and the stewards didnt believe they were Celtic fans.:agree:

:tee hee:

fatbloke
28-11-2010, 08:36 PM

Careful now John Reid will be calling for you to be sacked for sectarian comments:wink:

Stew the Hibee
28-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Careful now John Reid will be calling for you to be sacked for sectarian comments:wink:

I'm a ref as well, looks like I'll need to step down for not declaring my allegiance and going against them to tell my mates about it in the pub!

jackhfc
29-11-2010, 08:56 AM
My 13 year old was carrying our flag to the match yesterday - apologies to all those who lost eyes!
On the way up to the East he was stopped by a stewardess who made him unfurl the flag. 'Just green and white, thats OK' we moved on.
I was talking to the guy with the Hibs 12th Man banner. He was stopped on the way in too and the message was deemed appropriate.
I've never experienced such cencorship before. Anyone else questioned?

I remember the Irvine Meadow game at ER last season, my mate was about to go into the east stand where he too was stopped by a steward. The steward held the flag and measured it with his eyes to see if the stick inside it was under 1m, then unfolded the flag to check what was on it. I don't see the need for this TBH, the only time i've ever seen a sectarian etc. flag at ER is when the Huns/ Half Huns come.

Pretty Boy
29-11-2010, 10:06 AM

:agree:

For whatever reason stewards and Police at all SPL games had been instructed that no banners relating to the 'Scottish football fans for the reintroduction of standing at SPL matches' campaign were to be allowed into the ground or to be unfurled.

Pathetic.

Hibernia Na Eir
29-11-2010, 10:16 AM

For whatever reason stewards and Police at all SPL games had been instructed that no banners relating to the 'Scottish football fans for the reintroduction of standing at SPL matches' campaign were to be allowed into the ground or to be unfurled.

Pathetic.

But its ok to let in King Billy Flags :grr:

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2010, 01:49 PM
But its ok to let in King Billy Flags :grr:

He always seemed to be sitting on a horse though. :wink:

Joe Baker II
29-11-2010, 01:54 PM

Pathetic.

Do not know whether true or not, but sad thing is I can easily believe Hibs Board would take this line and seem to have stooped to the level of the Celtic Board.

Very poor if police have followed "instructions from clubs" though given nothing illegal either about standing or protesting. But given apparently a policeman said at ICT game in September he was asking Hibs supporters to sit down because he was instructed by the club, would not be first time Hibs have taken tihs pathetic approach.

Sadly more reasons while I refuse to give money now to most SPL clubs, including Hibs.

Removed
29-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Do not know whether true or not, but sad thing is I can easily believe Hibs Board would take this line and seem to have stooped to the level of the Celtic Board.

Very poor if police have followed "instructions from clubs" though given nothing illegal either about standing or protesting. But given apparently a policeman said at ICT game in September he was asking Hibs supporters to sit down because he was instructed by the club, would not be first time Hibs have taken tihs pathetic approach.

Sadly more reasons while I refuse to give money now to most SPL clubs, including Hibs.

Tin hat time for you again. Bet is has sfa to do with the club but folk still want a wee pop at them