PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Langfield out of contract

cam75
27-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Would you like to see him at easter road next season him and brown fighting it out for the jersey?think his wage would be high tho.:yawn:watched the game on alba :yawn::yawn::yawn:

skipster7
27-11-2010, 11:54 PM
not any better than what we've got imo

ChooseLife
28-11-2010, 12:00 AM
No thank you!!!

Don Giovanni
28-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Would you like to see him at easter road next season him and brown fighting it out for the jersey?think his wage would be high tho.:yawn:watched the game on alba :yawn::yawn::yawn:

No thanks. Frankly, he's not very good. He has 'earned' the nickname "Clangers".

In Brown we have a solid, steady 'keeper (finally!).

Langfield wouldn't get a look in IMO.

ScottB
28-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Cause our current 5 plus keepers of various ages isn't enough?

7Hero
28-11-2010, 01:10 AM
is this the small goalie at aberdeen ?? if it is, what kind of idiot thinks he will do a job for hibs ? have you any idea what we have had to put up with over the past years. You think i would want a midget, aberdeen goalkeeper to play in the goals for hibs ??

CallumLaidlaw
28-11-2010, 02:11 AM
He would be 4th choice if he came to hibs IMHO

Cocaine&Caviar
28-11-2010, 02:15 AM
is this the small goalie at aberdeen ?? if it is, what kind of idiot thinks he will do a job for hibs ? have you any idea what we have had to put up with over the past years. You think i would want a midget, aberdeen goalkeeper to play in the goals for hibs ??

He's 6ft 4?

fatbloke
28-11-2010, 02:44 AM

Please stay away from mind altering substances before you post. Or are you Mark McGhee in disguise. Or are you just a comedian testing out one joke from your new stand up routine. Jamie Langfield I would rather have all my teeth removed without a jag ( sorry canny spell anaesthetic :greengrin)

scoopyboy
28-11-2010, 07:27 AM
He would be 4th choice if he came to hibs IMHO

Don't want him, as mentioned earlier you don't get called Clangers for nothing.

However if he was to come he would probably be second choice as by that time Stack and Smith will be out of contract with no chance of a new one with us.

Magnifique
28-11-2010, 10:48 AM
We would be better signing Bonnie Langfield than that accident waiting to happen..NO

lucky
28-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Brown is doing fine. There are more pressing areas of the team that need addressed long before the GK position

PeterboroHibee
28-11-2010, 11:02 AM
This surely cant be serious, Clangers? Theres a reason hes called that!

Pretty Boy
28-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Jamie Langfield? No, no and no again.

This is a guy who is just aout managing to stay in the Aberdeen team ahead of Mark Howard, one of the worst goalkeepers i have ever seen. A guy who has been lower in the pecking order than such goalkeeping legends as Derek Soutar and David Preece in his time at Aberdeen. He is hopeless.

Again just to be clear, would i like to see Langfield at ER? NO.

whiskyhibby
28-11-2010, 12:23 PM
We would be better signing Bonnie Langfield than that accident waiting to happen..NO

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

cocopops1875
28-11-2010, 12:28 PM
we have a history of killing keepers with a decent cv when they arrive what chance does a boy called clangers who is by all accounts a bit of a bam have

cam75
28-11-2010, 12:47 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn:
Please stay away from mind altering substances before you post. Or are you Mark McGhee in disguise. Or are you just a comedian testing out one joke from your new stand up routine. Jamie Langfield I would rather have all my teeth removed without a jag ( sorry canny spell anaesthetic :greengrin)
Did i say i would have him at easter road at any point BTW he is a steady keeper and was linked with going to ibrox last season as number 2 he is out of contract and will move on,if you dont like my post dont reply.

jonny
28-11-2010, 12:52 PM
We have 4 keepers on the books just now that could perhaps play 1st team football but IMO Flynn is probably still a bit too young, Smith is an accident waiting to happen and Stack is never fit. No doubt Brown is doing well but I think Langfield would be a better no 2 than anyone else at the club just now.
We could only sign him if we shipped out Smith and Stack and he was willing to be a mid-wage earner as we couldn't go giving a fringe player £3k a week.

Cod Boy
28-11-2010, 12:54 PM
toiling for strikers so lets bring another keeper in

PeterboroHibee
28-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Did i say i would have him at easter road at any point BTW he is a steady keeper and was linked with going to ibrox last season as number 2 he is out of contract and will move on,if you dont like my post dont reply.

No he isnt, he has howlers all the time! He messed up on both goals yesterday, the first pushing the ball into the middle of the goal and then giving away the pen.

7Hero
28-11-2010, 01:07 PM
must apologise for my post, had had a few sherries last night and was a tad el reekio....if jamie langfield is 6 4 ive no idea who he is, thus my post above is not only a tad offensive but also factually incorrect.

apologies to the op..

maturehibby
28-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Is the goalkeeping equivelent of Alan Preston as a "Football Pundit"

McKenzie
28-11-2010, 05:45 PM
would rather have maka back :devil:

McD
28-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Not a fan of the guy as a player, but also he was transferr listed a few years ago for drunken behaviour. I would hope this is the type of behaviour that we're trying to get rid of. Deeks seems to be calming down, hopefully fatherhood having a good affect on him, grof has been emptied, stokes sold.....in fact its been a while since I've read of any Hibs players being out causing bother.

So all in all, no thanks lol

grunt
28-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Would you like to see him at easter road next season him and brown fighting it out for the jersey?

if you dont like my post dont reply.I think you'll find that you asked for views in your opening post. If you don't like hearing people's views, don't ask.

essexhibee
28-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Could be useful as a number two maybe IMO. Think CC should bullet Smith as he is *****, and think Stack should be punted as he is to injury prone and is costing money while giving nothing in return.

Lago
28-11-2010, 07:40 PM

NO NO NO NO a thousand times NO

fatbloke
28-11-2010, 08:55 PM

A wee lesson for life here. If you don't like the answer then don't ask the question.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Given where Aberdeen are in the league, clean sheets are what they are looking for even if that means a run of 0-0's to pick up points and then the odd 1-0's here and there. If the Dons are not already making moves to keep him then 'nuff said. On the original thread topic though, when you look at what we saw yesterday, a thread about us needing a 'keeper has made me laugh out loud.

cam75
29-11-2010, 09:02 AM
A wee lesson for life here. If you don't like the answer then don't ask the question.
Never said i did not like the answer just asked if you would like to see langfield at Er next season then you state im on drugs ?wtf that is the point were you got my back up?:yawn:

maturehibby
29-11-2010, 11:31 AM
saw Langfield ship 8 goals a few years back in a Hibs /Dundee reserve game and did not cover himself in glory that night and still dont think he measures up and would say he is the worst premier league goalkeeper

fatbloke
29-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Never said i did not like the answer just asked if you would like to see langfield at Er next season then you state im on drugs ?wtf that is the point were you got my back up?:yawn:

Ah ken yer no on drugs but... ach just joking. Sorry if I offended you certainly did not mean to. just my attempt at humour. Certainly want to see Langfield at ER... in goals for the opposition no matter who.

GGTTH.

cam75
29-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Ah ken yer no on drugs but... ach just joking. Sorry if I offended you certainly did not mean to. just my attempt at humour. Certainly want to see Langfield at ER... in goals for the opposition no matter who.

GGTTH.
LOl fair play think its eithier how bad we are or thr ****in snow thats makeing me hacked off the wife just dont get it!7Now iv thought about it NO i would not be uo for Clanger at ER as a hibs keeper

GGTTH:thumbsup:

Hibee Daz
29-11-2010, 09:39 PM

Take a chill pill man!:wink:

3pm
29-11-2010, 10:51 PM
saw Langfield ship 8 goals a few years back in a Hibs /Dundee reserve game and did not cover himself in glory that night and still dont think he measures up and would say he is the worst premier league goalkeeper

Whittaker scored a raker!